You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic Book Written By Michael Jackson On The Way?
Posted 10/15/09 9:47 am ET by Josh Wigler in News
It's common knowledge in comic book lore that a superhero never truly dies—and it looks like that rule is crossing over into reality, if only for one upcoming comics project.

According to Bleeding Cool, a graphic novel written by none other than Michael Jackson himself is heading to comic book stores next June through Random House.

The graphic novel, titled "Fated," focuses on the story of Gabriel Star, a well-loved musician with obvious parallels to the tragically deceased King of Pop. In the book, Star's failed suicide attempt results in his popularity rising even further, elevating the character to literal supernatural status.

Apparently, Jackson had been working on the project long before his death and had finished his work on the book earlier in 2009. The comic is co-written by Gotham Copra of the now defunct Virgin Comics with Mukesh Singh supplying art.

Jackson's work on a comic book isn't entirely out of left field. Earlier in his life, the late musician met with Stan Lee about possibly purchasing Marvel Comics.

It's also not unprecedented for a deceased party to thrive in comics after their death, as seen by Heath Ledger's own passing and subsequent portrayal of Joker in "The Dark Knight."

But even if Jackson's geek credentials and the precedent for post-mortem comic book work are in place, the existence of "Fated" is no less jarring. It's particularly ironic that the story focuses on the almost death of a heroic pop star who simply becomes more popular after the botched attempt.

Sure enough, Jackson might not be returning from the great beyond—but between the upcoming documentary "This Is It," the biographical comic book from Bluewater Productions and now "Fated," it's as if Jackson himself has elevated to the same super-powerful status of his graphic novel's lead.

What do you think of the Michael Jackson-written comic book? Will you check out "Fated" when it comes out, or is the idea just too eerie for you? Sound off in the comments!

:shock:  As I said, life imitates life, a comic book about what other than death, fame, and super heroism.  Michael Jackson, I love you more. :lol:  :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Kirsche

I'm really excited about this comic...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

But even if Jackson's geek credentials and the precedent for post-mortem comic book work are in place, the existence of "Fated" is no less jarring. It's particularly ironic that the story focuses on the almost death of a heroic pop star who simply becomes more popular after the botched attempt.

Hmmmm, that is all mouthful! 8-)  Just says it all for me.  I just love all the clues.  It just stacks up by the day for me.  MJ, you are truly a genius.  

1.  O2 conference - MJ is testing the waters. MJ
      may have been gauging his popularity by the
      excitement of the crowd after the 2005 trial.

2.  Jackson was working on the pop album with songwriter Claude Kelly and Akon, who says that Jackson was motivated by the ticket sales for his performances. "He said, 'My fans are still there. They still love me. They're alive,'" Akon says.

MJ is hotter than ever!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Hmmmm, that is all mouthful! 8-)  Just says it all for me.  I just love all the clues.  It just stacks up by the day for me.  MJ, you are truly a genius.  

1.  O2 conference - MJ is testing the waters. MJ
      may have been gauging his popularity by the
      excitement of the crowd after the 2005 trial.

2.  Jackson was working on the pop album with songwriter Claude Kelly and Akon, who says that Jackson was motivated by the ticket sales for his performances. "He said, 'My fans are still there. They still love me. They're alive,'" Akon says.

MJ is hotter than ever!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Sangre

I can't wait for "Fated" to come out; I'd really like to get my hands on that book.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal