Re: New Michael Jackson Video Game for Xmas
June 14, 2010, 11:59:58 PM
I remember an article that came out weeks before June 25th  saying there was a game being worked on. He is a busy man.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

melody

June 15, 2010, 01:39:15 AM
Wow @ the cloning bit (and the vitiligo connection). I remember some time shortly after Michael "died", one person interviewed on TV claimed that Michael had an interest in cloning himself >_>; I'm googling right now and I can't find any video, just articles saying that Michael's chauffeur, Al Bowman, made these statements.

On July 7, 2009
Chauffeur: 'Jackson may have been cloned'
Jackson's long-term chauffeur Al Bowman said he believes the star may have invested money in a sect called the Raelians in order for them to create a clone of him.

Bowman explained how he drove the singer and his friend, spoon bender Uri Geller, to a cloning convention in 2002, and then heard the duo discussing the event as he drove them away. "Jackson was very excited," he said. "He bounced out of that conference like a small child. He was smiling and on a high. I heard him an Uri talking in the back of the limo. He was talking about the prospect of being cloned. He grabbed Uri by both arms and told him "I really want to do it Uri, and I don't care how much it costs!""

Bowman continued by saying he believes Jackson then made contact with Dr Brigette Boisselier, a Raelian bishop who is also the managing director of Clonaid, which calls itself the world's first human cloning company.

"Michael said he wanted a mini-version of himself cloned to carry on his legacy," said Bowman. In 2002, Boisselier said the company had created the first cloned child, a girl named Eve. "When I heard Clonaid had cloned the first human being, I couldn't help thinking there was a mini Michael Jackson running around somewhere," Bowman mused (Daily Mirror).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Back then, I didn't pay it any mind; I just chalked it up to "regular tabloid rumor".
Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 02:30:48 AM by melody
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

June 15, 2010, 01:55:47 AM
This is all so exciting, glimpses of Michael's recent creative activities and brilliant thinking. I remember a while back someone posted about all the cutting edge technology companies Michael was quietly investing millions into, all this time. Maybe someone remembers where that was and could find it. So he doesn't have money, well it's all tied up in investments, under strange names (that relate to Michael somehow). Just liquid money he's short on. That BAM is definately going to have some sizzles and pops! Very intersting about the MTTA ATT link to cloning. My first reation was more that the game would produce millions of MJ clones, since a whole new generation of kids are going to sing and dance like him, and appreciate his talent. About MJ being cloned, seems a stretch. The cloned sheep Dolly didn't live long.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

June 15, 2010, 10:41:50 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
This is all so exciting, glimpses of Michael's recent creative activities and brilliant thinking. I remember a while back someone posted about all the cutting edge technology companies Michael was quietly investing millions into, all this time. Maybe someone remembers where that was and could find it. So he doesn't have money, well it's all tied up in investments, under strange names (that relate to Michael somehow). Just liquid money he's short on. That BAM is definately going to have some sizzles and pops! Very intersting about the MTTA ATT link to cloning. My first reation was more that the game would produce millions of MJ clones, since a whole new generation of kids are going to sing and dance like him, and appreciate his talent. About MJ being cloned, seems a stretch. The cloned sheep Dolly didn't live long.

I don't think Michael has invested in cloning, I think that this was to direct us to what is going on with Human cloning. I mean seriously if this technology advances who will be cloned? Cloning is also considered "Cutting Edge Technology".
Only those deemed genetically superior, such as the wealthy, elite, and powerful. It makes me think that of Eugenics and life extension of the "superior". A two class society the elite and the slave race.
It reminds me of the movie "The Island"

The Island (2005)

Plot Summary
Lincoln Six-Echo is a resident of a seemingly Utopian but contained facility in the year 2019. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the "The Island" - reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones. Lincoln makes a daring escape with a beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta. Relentlessly pursued by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

[youtube:2uz6j4vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_nQUIOhRdM[/youtube:2uz6j4vs]

Also I went to Ubisoft's website and no Michael Jackson Game is listed as coming soon. The only game listed for holiday release is "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood". I think that it would have been added to their site at the same time a press release was given to the media.

When I put Michael Jackson into the search on Ubisoft's website, I receive the following response:
"No results were found. Please try again"
Yet as I said other games are listed as being released through out the year.

From the "news" articles I have been reading on this the title of this supposed video game is:
Michael Jackson:The Game
I don't know why but this title just seems odd to me and I can't explain it.

Here is a picture from one of the articles on the Internet about this "game"

and another

The game's launch is set to coincide with the release of an album in November containing previously unreleased Jackson tracks.

So shouldn't this game be on Ubisoft website, advertising, pre-ordering etc, like all the other games they are creating?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

June 15, 2010, 11:29:25 AM
Ubisoft Entertainment S.A. is a French computer and video game publisher and developer, partially owned by Electronic Arts (20%) but still independent, with headquarters in Montreuil-sous-Bois, France. The company has a worldwide presence with studios in 17 countries and subsidiaries in 28 countries.

Beyond Good & Evil (2003) (Video Game by Ubisoft)

Plot Summary
...On the small island civilization of Hyllis, the DomZ creatures are a ruthless alien race which have invaded the Hyllian people. The government has set up the Alpha Section, which is a society "devoted to the safety of Hyllis", or at least that's what they want you to think. The Alpha Sections are always late to the scene when an invasion occurs, and they're shields are always "broken". The Alpha Sections also work for and are controlled by the DomZ themselves!! Your job as Jade, the photojournalist, is to uncover the conspiracy your government puts before you an expose the real horrors the Alpha Sections corrupt, and show Hyllis the truth to the Iris network, the group devoted to good. As you play through the levels, you're required to take photos of DomZ activity to show Hyllians the truth, with many twists, turns, and obstacles, with a bit of heartbreak, on the way.

As Jade the photojournalist, you must expose the conspiracy the government puts before you and your people by taking photographs of alien activity, with accomplices helping them. The same accomplices which are supposed to be helping save Hillys! Reveal the truth about the Alpha sections and despose of the DomZ monsters at once!

Upcoming release in 2010
Splinter Cell (2010)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is a series of stealth video games endorsed by American author Tom Clancy. The protagonist, Sam Fisher, is a highly-trained agent of a black-ops sub-division within the NSA, dubbed "Third Echelon".
Splinter Cell, as a brand, is owned by Tom Clancy's company, Rubicon, and is licensed to Ubisoft to make the games. The characters of the game, as well as "Third Echelon" itself, were created by Tom Clancy.

Rubicon - A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.
Echelon - an arrangement of troops drawn up in parallel lines in step formation

Virtual Reality Prepares Soldiers for Real War
Young Warriors Say Video Shooter Games Helped Hone Their Skills

By Jose Antonio Vargas
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 14, 2006

One blistering afternoon in Iraq, while fighting insurgents in the northern town of Mosul, Sgt. Sinque Swales opened fire with his .50-cal. That was only the second time, he says, that he ever shot an enemy. A human enemy.

"It felt like I was in a big video game. It didn't even faze me, shooting back. It was just natural instinct. Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! " remembers Swales, a fast-talking, deep-voiced, barrel-chested 29-year-old from Chesterfield, Va. He was a combat engineer in Iraq for nearly a year.

Like many soldiers in the 276th Engineer Battalion, whose PlayStations and Xboxes crowded the trailers that served as their barracks, he played games during his downtime. "Halo 2," the sequel to the best-selling first-person shooter game, was a favorite. So was "Full Spectrum Warrior," a military-themed title developed with help from the U.S. Army.

"The insurgents were firing from the other side of the bridge. . . . We called in a helicopter for an airstrike. . . . I couldn't believe I was seeing this. It was like 'Halo.' It didn't even seem real, but it was real."

This is the video game generation of soldiers. " 'Ctrl+Alt+Del,' " the U.S. Army noted in a recent study, "is as basic as 'ABC.' " And computer simulations -- as military officials prefer to call them -- have transformed the way the United States military fights wars, as well as soldiers' ways of killing.

"There's been a huge change in the way we prepare for war, and the soldiers we're training now are the children of the digital age who grew up with GameBoys," says retired Rear Adm. Fred Lewis, a 33-year U.S. Navy veteran who now heads the National Training Systems Association, a trade group that every year puts on the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference, the military counterpart of the glitzy Electronic Entertainment Expo. "Live training on the field is still done, of course," but, he adds, "using simulations to train them is not only natural, it's necessary."

War is no game, of course, but games, in a big way, have updated war. The weapons Swales uses when he plays "SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALS," for example, are virtual replicas of the weapons he used as a soldier in Iraq.

READ MORE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

June 15, 2010, 11:42:20 AM
Ubisoft is also creating a game called "I Am Alive", a new disaster game.
   "In I Am Alive, we're not only turning your everyday life upside down; we're also changing the very social values and rules that both everyday life and videogames rely on." Items, especially weapons and ammo, will be much scarcer than gamers are used to, even more so than in traditional survival horror titles such as Resident Evil. The real focus of the game will be obtaining items necessary to survival, such as the water bottle in the trailer. Water can be used for healing or (again, as seen in the trailer) distracting potential opponents to clear a safe path for Adam. And although guns will be rare, they do exist in the game.

"Confrontation is a way of dealing with violent groups, but will rarely be rewarded. We encourage the players to use tactics, diversion, and discretion. You've found a police shotgun, which is out of bullets -- rightfully so, since Chicago has long been a proponent of a ban on guns. How about some intimidation? After all, who knows the gun is empty but you? Just point it at looters and they'll remain at a distance as you progress toward your objective. However, you can only aim it at one person, so you have to watch for being flanked."

And if a first-person game -- in a genre that isn't traditionally first-person -- using weapons scarcely and in an abnormal way sounds a lot like Mirror's Edge to you, the comparison surely isn't lost on Ubisoft. Goddard defended the choice to go with first-person in the article:

"We wanted the player to really feel the power of Mother Nature, to feel the danger coming from the collapsing towers and devastating rifts, feel the chaos happening all around him. There's nothing like a first-person view to create that kind of emotion."

[youtube:2fd57nda]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ6Aely9YrQ[/youtube:2fd57nda]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

June 15, 2010, 01:38:03 PM
The Island is a very captivating movie, watched it a few times. I agree about the direction cloning would take. And why on earth did TMZ post about the MJ video game if its not listed? Weird. And the MJ belts that Joe, Katherine are signing are no good to the MJ estates. Hmm...  Loose ends everywhere...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 03:33:30 PM
Reading this article it doesn't even sound like he is a man that has "passed away" it sounds like he still is alive

"Michael Jackson is still on the cutting edge of technology -- TMZ has learned the King of Pop is set to star in a new revolutionary video game ... and the people in charge of MJ's estate are totally on board" :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 04:41:14 PM
I KNOW WELL DUH OF COURSE HE IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF TECHNOLOGY STILL ALIVE  :)  CONCERTS GEE HOW EXCITING, WHAT IF HE WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE I MEAN HE'S DONE A LOT IN MUSIC ALREADY HE WANTS TO BE A KING IN ANOTHER TYPE OF ENTERTAINMENT. MIKE WHAT CAN I SAY U KEEP ON SURPRISING ME, SOO MANY MEN IN ONE. GEEE! HE CAN DO ANYTHING.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 04:53:04 PM
I dont have an Xbox and dont play video games but THIS I WILL GET!!!

Love this quote...of course HE IS!!!
Michael Jackson is still on the cutting edge of technology
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

June 15, 2010, 05:21:30 PM
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES EITHER AND WHEN I'VE TRIED I SUCK I AM LIKE HOLDING THE THING AND I'M LIKE WOT DIS FOR? MIKE I MIGHT BECOME A VIDEO GAMER BECAUSE OF YOU. I HOPE HE REVEALS HIMSELF WHAT IF, YOU GET THE GAME AND IF YOU GET TO A CERTAIN LEVEL BAM! HE COMES OUT ON THE SCREEN AND SAYS CONGRATULATIONS YES, I'M ALIVE NOW WE NEED MORE PEEPS TO REACH DIS LEVEL FOR ME TO COME OUT :lol:  OH HECK MIKE I THINK I'M GIVING YOU IDEAS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
June 15, 2010, 07:29:33 PM
It's game time  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 11:21:10 PM
Quote from: "moyrum"
Reading this article it doesn't even sound like he is a man that has "passed away" it sounds like he still is alive

"Michael Jackson is still on the cutting edge of technology -- TMZ has learned the King of Pop is set to star in a new revolutionary video game ... and the people in charge of MJ's estate are totally on board" :P

That is right! Uncle Harvey, MJ is now the King of Technology as well.  8-) Take that TMZ!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

this1crazygirl

June 15, 2010, 11:59:28 PM
it will be a must have for me LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree