Whitney Houston Booed When Making Tribute Speech to Michael Jackson
Add Comment
June 05, 2010 04:03:12 GMT

Whitney Houston reportedly turned on a section of the audience when some fans began booing as she made a speech paying tribute to Michael Jackson.

Whitney Houston's troubled tour has derailed yet again - hundreds of fans walked out of a show in Denmark over her faltering voice. The R&B star's highly-anticipated comeback trek has been blighted by poor reviews and criticism from some fans that her vocals are too weak to carry the show.

She scrapped a string of European concerts in April after she was hospitalized with nose and throat problems, and was later booed by an audience in Birmingham, England because her singing was off-key. Now she is facing renewed concerns for her health after hordes of fans in Copenhagen left her show midway through, complaining about Houston's poor performance.

She then reportedly turned on a section of the audience when some fans began booing as she made a speech paying tribute to Michael Jackson. According to the Copenhagen Post, critics from "all of the major media outlets" in the country slammed the concert, insisting Houston's vocals were weak and tuneless.

Critic Thomas Soie Hansen, of the Berlingske Tidende newspaper, writes: "She looked and sounded like a person who doesn't have many years left to live. At the end of the show she looked like she was ready to explode."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is sad...  I wonder what she was saying...  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

mumof3

I hope they were not booing about michael it sounds like she is in a bad way of they are fans they should support her when she needs their support and love
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I am so tired of people kicking someone when they are down. They are the same ones that loved and supported her when she was on top. Goes to show that some people will only hang with you if you are on top but will never be with you in times of trouble. Whitney needs love, encouragement, and support. These so-called fans ought to be totally ashamed of themselves. I'll be praying for her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mumof3

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I am so tired of people kicking someone when they are down. They are the same ones that loved and supported her when she was on top. Goes to show that some people will only hang with you if you are on top but will never be with you in times of trouble. Whitney needs love, encouragement, and support. These so-called fans ought to be totally ashamed of themselves. I'll be praying for her.
I agree with you they are not fans they  they want their ounce of flesh for their money and when it is not spot on they walk out how rude and how does that make her feel pretty awfull I expect poor woman
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't think they were booing Michael. But I feel bad for Whitney. She's been through alot and she is trying so hard to make a comeback. It's sad that she was booed and they call themselves fans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I hate disrespectful crowds! if they were real fans they would know she had a hard few years and would be supportive. Its a shame how people find pleasure in being hurtful...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really don't understand why people act the way they do sometimes.  If these people were truely fans of Whitneys they would very much be aware of all of the troubles she has had over the past years and how much  courage it must take on her part to be on stage again.  She needs all of the love and support she can get now and these "fans" do the complete opposite.  I will pray for her that she stays strong and I send her much love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:(  :evil:  :twisted: I hope Whitney stop and go home and live her life in peace and forget all the hater.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I donĀ“t understand people who spent a lot of money for concert tickets,
only to boo the artists or to insult them by leaving before the show is over.
Is that a new form of entertainment for rich and bored Philistines?  :roll:  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It is sad that she got ridiculed. She didn't deserve that.  :(
Bless her heart for doing a MJ tribute. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

paula-c

The media are always looking for the smallest detail to publish something wrong with Michael, :twisted:  as it is disrespectful, for months I've read has not done well in his last performances, it's a shame, she has a great voice. :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

im from denmark.
No one was booing because of what she said - they were booing because they had paid a lot of money to hear her SING - not TALK. They say she spent a LOT of time talking about random stuff - anything from Jesus to MJ, basically. Add to that that she was out of tune and couldn't remember the lyrics. Another reason why they booed.
The reason for people leaving was 1: because she couldnt sing, and 2: because she asked them to. She said that "if you dont wanna listen to my speeches, then you better leave" - so they did :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Thank you for clarifying ballongiraf, ;)  I imagined, the media and their lies :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweet1

Quote from: "mumof3"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I agree with you they are not fans they  they want their ounce of flesh for their money and when it is not spot on they walk out how rude and how does that make her feel pretty awfull I expect poor woman

Unfortunately, that is the way the world is and has been since the beginning of time. Whitney has been through alot in her life when she was with Bobby Brown. She always had a talented voice and made great songs. But sometimes if you misuse and abuse your gift it will be taken away. She will make a comeback but it will take sometime to train her voice again to perform at the height she was performing when she walked away. You're both right that she should be supported and encouraged but unfortunately, people have long memories. She wasn't always so kind to fans back in the day. I am sure when she started paying Tribute to Michael it was out of desperation. I am sure she didn't think she'd get booed.   Perhaps! Michael's fans thought she was using him to get the audience's attention.  All, we can do is pray for her. Keep the Faith!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions