*Mo*

Batshit - still an ass...
June 13, 2010, 03:22:38 PM
Jun. 7-13: Diddy's $360,000 Maybach Birthday Gift To Son Questioned On 'Nightline'
Posted Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:28am PDT by Billy Johnson, Jr. in That's Really Week

Diddy is making a bit of Father's Day news early after the Friday night airing of his interview with Nightline's Martin Bashir. While Bashir covered a lot of ground with Diddy, discussing his new movie, Get Him To The Greek, as well as his life as a music, fashion, and television mogul -- and the NBA Finals -- the most intriguing portion of the sit-down was Bashir's questioning about fatherhood.

WATCH Nightline asks Diddy about fatherhood at 6:13 mark in video.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When asked if he enjoyed being a dad, Diddy said yes but admitted that it was the area that he did not consider himself most successful, citing that his kids "deserved more (of his) personal time."

That response jump-started a series of questions about Diddy's parental discretion that made the hip-hop figure visibly annoyed at times.

Bashir suggested that Diddy was setting a bad example as a role model by having six kids by multiple women.

Diddy defended himself, saying, "All of my kids are taken care of. They all go to the best schools." Bashir quipped, "But you don't live with them."

Nightline aired footage of the VH1 show My Super Sweet 16, celebrating Diddy's son Justin. That episode made the news when it aired in February because Diddy gave Justin a Maybach car worth more than $360,000. Bashir asked Diddy what many people wanted to know -- "Do you think it was appropriate to buy your 16-year-old son a Maybach car worth almost $400,000?"

Diddy seemed put off by the question, replying that he can give his kids whatever he wanted. But as Bashir continued to press the issue, Diddy grew increasingly annoyed.

When Bashir asked if giving such a lavish gift imposed a "sensible lesson," Diddy said, "I feel the way I raise my children, you know, I don't have to explain to you or anybody else because nobody knows the way I raise my children."

A persistent Bashir tried an additional time to get Diddy to admit that the gesture was excessive, but Diddy stood his ground.

"It wasn't even about a lesson," he said with attitude. "It's what I wanted to do. I can do whatever I want to do with my children. And you can't question me about it. Nobody can question me about what I do with my children."

I'd like to interject and remind Diddy that actually there is someone who can question him about what he does with his children, and that someone is a little old government agency called Social Services. However, spoiling one's child is not its area of focus.

I do agree with Bashir on this issue. I don't think it makes Diddy a bad father because he bought his child an excessive gift, but a 16-year-old kid does not need a car that costs nearly double that of the national median home price. And I don't care if his dad can afford it.

Ironically, when Diddy met Bashir for the first time for this interview, he greeted him with enthusiasm, hugging him and revealing that he was a fan of Bashir's work. But he confessed, "I got a little bit nervous." At least we now know that those nerves were uneasy for good reason. If you remember, Bashir was the reporter who interviewed the late Michael Jackson for the disturbing television documentary, "Living With Michael Jackson."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

Re: Batshit - still an ass...
June 13, 2010, 03:29:47 PM
I wonder why he agreed to an interview with him after the way he treated Michael I would have thought he would have told him  to go and do one. English for get lost
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Puff

June 13, 2010, 03:53:58 PM
Diddy kicked Bashit's ass so hard!!!  :arrow:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: "mumof3"
I wonder why he agreed to an interview with him after the way he treated Michael I would have thought he would have told him  to go and do one. English for get lost
oh please, you think diddy care about michael? No hell! You didnt hear when diddy said he's a big fan of Bashir :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 13, 2010, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: "samsuperb"
oh please, you think diddy care about michael? No hell! You didnt hear when diddy said he's a big fan of Bashir :roll:
[/b]

when was that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

June 13, 2010, 04:27:54 PM
Um..  Bashit kind of had a point when he asked if its responsible to have so many children with different women.   To my mind that IS irresponsible and isnt setting a good example.

And what 16 year old kid needs a car worth that much??  The kid will probably end up killing himself because he doesnt have the experience to drive such a high powered car.

Remember..  Michael spent all of his days with his children and was hands on.   He took all his parenting hands on.   Also, he didnt spoil his kids.. to the point that i heard last Christmas he asked his kids what they wanted and they replied "nothing" and chose to give their gift to a charity instead.  

Same as Princess Diana.. she made her kids queue up like normal kids when they went to Thorpe park.

I know we all hate Bashir for what he did..  but i think he brought up valid points here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
[/b]

when was that?
watch the video
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 04:37:13 PM
When i watch videos like that of other "stars" and how they act, and splash the cash around.. it makes me realise why i miss and love MJ so much.

MJ didnt do that.  He was humble.  The difference between MJ and Diddy is a chasm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

June 13, 2010, 04:39:27 PM
I am not saying diddy did not care about michael but he should have cared how that man treated his friend and either shown him up or not gone near the man
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 05:06:00 PM
I am not saying diddy did not care about michael but he should have cared how that man treated his friend and either shown him up or not gone near the man
diddy and michael are not friends, where in the hell have you been, jesus :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
When i watch videos like that of other "stars" and how they act, and splash the cash around.. it makes me realise why i miss and love MJ so much.

MJ didnt do that.  He was humble.  The difference between MJ and Diddy is a chasm.
I agree with you but everybody is different and we can't control that. We just got to worry about our children teach them and raise them the RIGHT way
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

June 13, 2010, 05:14:14 PM
Um..  Bashit kind of had a point when he asked if its responsible to have so many children with different women.   To my mind that IS irresponsible and isnt setting a good example.

And what 16 year old kid needs a car worth that much??  The kid will probably end up killing himself because he doesnt have the experience to drive such a high powered car.

Remember..  Michael spent all of his days with his children and was hands on.   He took all his parenting hands on.   Also, he didnt spoil his kids.. to the point that i heard last Christmas he asked his kids what they wanted and they replied "nothing" and chose to give their gift to a charity instead.  

Same as Princess Diana.. she made her kids queue up like normal kids when they went to Thorpe park.

I know we all hate Bashir for what he did..  but i think he brought up valid points here.

First: I don't see the need at all to compare Diddy's way of raising kids to Mike's or Princess Diana's.  

Second: Diddy clearly tells Batshit that all of his kids are really well taken care of, and that he's there for his children as a father.  Batshit keeps pointing out that Diddy is taking care of his family "financially", twisting Diddy's words.  Is it Batshit's business what Diddy buys his son for his birthday?  NO!  It's not Batshit's business, and not anyone's business but Diddy's.  Diddy was very right when he said: "I don't have to explain it to you or to anybody else" when talking about he was raising his children "as nobody knows how I raise my children".  Indeed, Diddy can do whatever he wants for his children, and nobody has the right to question him what he does with his children.

The bottom line is: it's nobody's business but his, so don't judge like that.  You don't know either how he's raising his kids.  By judging like that, based on a Batshit interview, you are doing exactly the same as people did when Living with Michael Jackson aired, and we all know in what that resulted.  I would think people would have learned a lesson...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 05:20:49 PM
Quote from: "*Mo*"

First: I don't see the need at all to compare Diddy's way of raising kids to Mike's or Princess Diana's.  

Second: Diddy clearly tells Batshit that all of his kids are really well taken care of, and that he's there for his children as a father.  Batshit keeps pointing out that Diddy is taking care of his family "financially", twisting Diddy's words.  Is it Batshit's business what Diddy buys his son for his birthday?  NO!  It's not Batshit's business, and not anyone's business but Diddy's.  Diddy was very right when he said: "I don't have to explain it to you or to anybody else" when talking about he was raising his children "as nobody knows how I raise my children".  Indeed, Diddy can do whatever he wants for his children, and nobody has the right to question him what he does with his children.

The bottom line is: it's nobody's business but his, so don't judge like that.  You don't know either how he's raising his kids.  By judging like that, based on a Batshit interview, you are doing exactly the same as people did when Living with Michael Jackson aired, and we all know in what that resulted.  I would think people would have learned a lesson...

P Diddy made the decision to do that interview and answer the questions about his life.   It wasnt my decision, he put it out there so i have every right to comment and have an opinion.   I know the difference between right and wrong and i can see that Diddy has had 6 kids by different mothers and he likes to spoil them with cash NOT TIME.

Teenage boys will look up to Diddy and take his example as the way to be.  Diddy is in the public eye.  A lot of young lads will look up to him and think its ok to knock up girls and walk away to the next one.

And i think the way MJ raised his kids, and the way Diana did in comparison is very important..  they demonstrate that it can be done the right way despite the riches and priveleges and media attention.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 05:21:54 PM

I agree with you but everybody is different and we can't control that. We just got to worry about our children teach them and raise them the RIGHT way

Thats true.  I dont have children, but i get your point.   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 05:29:47 PM
IMO, I think Bashir love to bring down rich  powerfull black men. He's a fucking idiot point blank
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions