Michael Jackson: Estate Could Sue Prank Caller
July 04, 2011 03:30 PM EDT

The Michael Jackson estate is furious and now they are planning to take action. The estate is threatening a telephone prankster known as Ralphige who claims to have recorded a prank call to the late singer. He is now selling that recording online.
As the story goes, Ralphige claims to have prank called Michael back in 2007 impersonating recording artist, singer Akon. During the call, 'Akon' teased The King of Pop, talking about his child molestation trial.

The estate says that Ralphige used an MJ impersonator and is selling the tape claiming it is the real Michael Jackson's voice. They are asking him to take down the recording. Ralphige counter claims that the estate's insistence that he take down the tape gives credence that the tape is legit.

Ralphige has now received a cease and desist letter from the estate. According to the prank caller, he has one little piece of info that, if real, could keep the estate off his case:

"The letter, if anything, it at least proves to the doubters that the prank call is real. I am afraid the estate is not aware Michael personally gave me permission to release the phone call. This is something that I am sure will be discussed in the near future."

It certainly looks like this mess is headed to court. Is the tape real? Maybe, maybe not, but if Ralphige can produce the goods stating that Michael Jackson gave him permission to use the tape, what legal recourse does the Jackson estate really have?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we have/had this "prank call" on te forum somewhere... (invest-)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

all4loveandbelieve

There is already a post on this topic
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal