Report: Chris Brown Used Eye Drops to Cry at Michael Jackson Tribute
2 comment(s)
July 02, 2010 02:10:36 GMT

The report was obtained from a backstage source, but a spokesperson for the 'Run It!' singer dismisses it, calling it 'completely untrue.'
See larger image

Chris Brown's tears at the recent BET Awards are still hot issue. After Lloyd sparked controversy with his statement which mentioned that he asked Brown to cry on stage but later on traced it back, now a source revealed the R&B singer used eye drops to fake the tears.

The backstage source told Us Magazine that one of Brown's bodyguards gave him some tear-inducing eye drops just before he went onto the stage to sing "Man in the Mirror" at the Michael Jackson tribute. "He rubbed it in and he started crying," the witness testified.

Responding to this rumor, a representative for Brown was quick to deny it. The spokesperson called the report "completely untrue."

Chris Brown himself doesn't seem to be bothered with the controversy surrounding his BET breakdown. He was all smiles when caught on camera at Magic Mountain amusement spot on June 30. Along with fellow rapper Tyga and some friends, he took a ride on one of the arcade stands and even spared time to pose with his fans.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Last night Tmz was talking to this rapper I forget his name but he said he saw the Chris Brown MJ tribute and he said that Chris deserves an Oscar for that performance.  It is kinda funny that this issue keeps coming up.  This dude was there in person so I'm sure he would get a better feel of the reaction than people who are watching on tv.  I just found it funny TMZ felt the need to ask this question.  They had some weird segments on that show last night.  They also had a segment where the camera man is talking to Keisha Knight from Cosby show and the guy that played her friend on the show Bud.  They were talking about horror movies and why black people are the first to die in these movies.  Then Harvey made a comparison between Chris Brown and OJ as well.  It was just all strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

WTF?!  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Chris Brown is trying to salvage his career. He is trying to gain forgiveness & be able to move on with his life. & of course TMZ & other people are tearing him back down & not letting it happen. Same old story. Someone tries to change their life around & get back on their feet & people have to kick them back down. & of course people who don't like Chris for what he did & don't think he should ever be forgiven are going to call his tears, crocodile tears & all of that. I'm not excusing Chris' actions towards Rihanna but I agree with Jermaine, how can he ever make things right & learn how to be better if no one gives him the chance & we all keep putting him back down?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

At this point, I don't care if he used eye drops, if he splashed water on his face, if used an actor's technique, or if he really did cry...they need to either leave the boy alone or give him an Oscar. One or the other. *sighs* (I really don't think he was faking btw but just in case...then he deserves an Oscar. If he acted that one, he did a better job than 90% of Hollywood actors.  :lol: )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

mmz

...I don't care if Cris used eyes drops for faking cry...but it is interesting to think that when we saw jermaine or other jackson family member crying,they should have use it!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJFAN7"
Do you think Michael Jackson could have been singing the song behind stage? :?

I know we always think this, but Man in the Mirror sounded different to me.  :|
It sounds different to me too. And it's interesting that the staff was so ready to play the song after Chris couldn't continue singing it... I guess it was planned this way. Chris fakes crying and then they play this strange Man in the mirror. It can be from a concert by Michael or the original was changed a little, IDK.

And I believe the 2. man from the left could be Michael very easily! For me he moves absolutely like him. If you watch just him and forget the others, he makes you believe you see him - just my opinion.
Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:54:16 PM by DREAMSandTRUTH
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Considering MJ is someone who wouldn't even step on a bug, I can't help but wonder how he feels about an ADMITTED DOMESTIC ABUSER doing a tribute for him.  Personally I was highly offended that Chris was allowed to give MJ a tribute.  I don't care how much he looks up to MJ, Chris doesn't deserve that honor.
However you don't have any problems with womanizers and child rapists doing one?  That boy has paid his dues.  Give me a break.  Michael had a lot of respect for Chris Brown :roll: Who are we to judge him?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Considering MJ is someone who wouldn't even step on a bug, I can't help but wonder how he feels about an ADMITTED DOMESTIC ABUSER doing a tribute for him.  Personally I was highly offended that Chris was allowed to give MJ a tribute.  I don't care how much he looks up to MJ, Chris doesn't deserve that honor.
However you don't have any problems with womanizers and child rapists doing one?  That boy has paid his dues.  Give me a break.  Michael had a lot of respect for Chris Brown :roll: Who are we to judge him?

Not sure if this is going to show up correctly since it is the first time I have quoted someone else, but I would appreciate it if you would not put words in my mouth.  Never did I say that it is OK for a "womanizer or child rapist" to do a tribute.  I don't like CB and don't feel that he should have been able to do a tribute.  I'm sorry if my opinion doesn't follow the majority, but I thought we were all free to voice our opinions on here.  Domestic abuse hits a hard note for me so excuse me for being offended!  Now stop putting words in my mouth!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Chris Brown deserves to be forgiven  no less than anybody else.  I am sure there are some skeletons in most closets; however Chris Brown happened to do his dirt in front of millions of judging eyes.  He did a wonderful tribute to Michael Jackson, and his appreciation for Michael has nada to do with his personal conflicts with his woman.  Two completely different conversations, in my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

For me his tears were REAL !! and ppl who claim that CB used eye drops to cry are just being silly! do u guys envy Chris that he was given a chance to do the tribute?..
i feel sorry for u..
CB maybe isn't innocent, he did mistakes.. but as to the tribute.. i think he behaved really well and we should not criticise him for his tears!! i was crying too!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

beLIEve

Chris Brown deserves to be forgiven  no less than anybody else.  I am sure there are some skeletons in most closets; however Chris Brown happened to do his dirt in front of millions of judging eyes.  He did a wonderful tribute to Michael Jackson, and his appreciation for Michael has nada to do with his personal conflicts with his woman.  Two completely different conversations, in my opinion.

He is a convicted woman beater..  he was denied entry into the UK because of it not long ago.. he cant tour here.  And im glad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

He is a convicted woman beater..  he was denied entry into the UK because of it not long ago.. he cant tour here.  And im glad.
  :mrgreen: But he TORE UP THAT MICHAEL JACKSON performance didn't he  ;)  Giving credit where credit is due.  He did the damn thang.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

I didnt watch him.. i refuse to watch or give attention to a man who beats up a woman.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I believe we miss the point if we don't focus on the song itself.
When Chris cries and cannot sing, we can hear Michael singing instead, like helping him out. Sometimes they sing alone, sometimes they sing together. I think it's a kind of coreography, but I haven't listened to it that much, so I don't know why they sing this way. I'm gonna listen to it again tomorrow.
If you don't have the video you can watch it here (and download also)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At 04:49 you can hear that Chris stops singing after singing the words "It's gonna"
I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna

And Michael starts singing from "It's gonna" - so they sing this together and then Michael continues:
Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference

Then nobody sings...Later Chris continues, and then Michael, and then they sing together...
It sounds strange to me, I mean during listening to it. The way I wrote it down doesn't give back the feeling I have about it - so if you have time, please listen the song this way, and tell what you think. Thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions