UCLA official announcement?
June 28, 2010, 05:09:56 AM
Hello everybody,
I'd like to say from now that I'm sorry if I post something at the wrong place or already posted, but I'm new and couldn't figure a better topic than in the UCLA section.
I'm very confused as, like many of us, I'd really love to beLIEve (ehehe) Micheal is still alive, but for me, the most hard to understand is how to fake official announcements by public authorities. I mean, he cannot have asked to an hospital (ambulances,elicopther..) the police, the firemen to partecipate to a big comedy and also to make falses announcements, can he? Even during his best years, I think he wouldn't have been able to do it, so can you imagine during the last years, after he had so many problems with justice and local authorities....this is impossible I think. Even if the pope or Barack Obama asked for something like this, they wouldn't accept. Or maybe yes, but just for "National gouvernement secrets" or something like this. :D
Anyway, my question is: Am I dreaming or there was also an authority, like one UCLA doctor or the medical centre director, who spoke to the microphones to announce MJ's death? I do remember something that wasn't only Jermaine's speech. Thank you everybody if you can answer to this....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: UCLA official announcement?
June 28, 2010, 06:10:29 AM
thome thome  announced jermaine  and then Jermaine gave the death announcement.

[youtube:1805au7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwgRHt1L4g[/youtube:1805au7g]

more here   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

June 28, 2010, 06:46:29 AM
Thank you, so any official announcement by the authorities
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 28, 2010, 08:20:24 AM
None that i'm aware of.... which is very odd!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.”

pepper

June 28, 2010, 04:49:33 PM
Quote from: "francyna"
Anyway, my question is: Am I dreaming or there was also an authority, like one UCLA doctor or the medical centre director, who spoke to the microphones to announce MJ's death? I do remember something that wasn't only Jermaine's speech. Thank you everybody if you can answer to this....

Thanks for bringing this back up.  To me this was one of the strangest things at the time, and still is, that UCLA has NEVER announced MJ's death officially.  It was said that they (UCLA) reported it to the Coroner's office, and then we got "official" word from the Coroner's office.  I remember one of the big news outlets got their confirmation from Steve Ruda, from the LA Fire Department. I'll give you some links you can go to to check this out for yourself.  

First this from the UCLA Newsroom site. Notice it is titled "A Statement on the Death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center." It does not say it is a statement from UCLA. Then notice it says "The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center." They seem to want to make it clear that the family has made this statement, wanting you to understand that they only made the statement at UCLA, that UCLA has not made the statement themselves.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Next is the video from the UCLA Newsroom site.  This is probably what you remember about someone else talking before Jermaine's speech. Yes, this press conference begins with a "welcome" from a UCLA employee, since, of course, the press conference is inside of UCLA.  Listen to what he says and see if you think it sounds like someone who is getting ready to introduce someone who is going to announce a death.  There are hundreds of people outside UCLA at this point wanting to know what has happened, and listen to how this fellow starts out this press conference.  "Okay, ah, good evening, good evening, my name is ___________, I'm the chief operating officer of the UCLA Hospital System.  I'd first like to introduce a, uh, personal friend of Mr. Jackson (you will notice later that he seems to be referring to Jermaine Jackson here, not Michael Jackson), Dr Thome, who will make a brief statement.  Uh, and then we'd like to bring up, uh, Jermaine Jackson.  Thank you."  

Then Thome gets up and says "Hi. I'm going to introduce to you Mr. Jermaine Jackson, and he is going to read a statement.  And if you please there will be no questions. Jermaine."

Then Jermaine reads his "statement".  This also seems strange, that Thome has to get up and say Jermaine is going to "read a statement".  Almost taking the responsibility away from Jermaine also, in terms of saying that Michael has "died" - you could say that Jermaine was just reading the statement that he was given to read.

COMPARE MJ's press conference introduction to this other press conference at UCLA - big difference!

This article-

"At a brief news conference in the auditorium of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center this evening,  Jermaine Jackson sighed audibly several times before addressing reporters.

“This is hard,” he said softly. “My brother, the legendary King of Pop, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:26 p.m.... It is believed he passed away of cardiac arrest.”

He said Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Tohme R. Tohme, was with him at the house and had tried to resuscitate him. He said paramedics also tried to revive his brother and “upon arriving at the hospital at 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and a cardiologist, worked to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful.“

Jackson said a definitive cause of death would not be known until an autopsy is performed.

“May Allah be with you, Michael, always,” Jermaine Jackson said, ending the news conference.

UCLA officials did not say anything about Michael Jackson.

“We’re respecting the family’s wishes with respect to the patients’ privacy,” said hospital spokeswoman Roxanne Moster.

I wonder why this UCLA spokeswoman did not introduce the press conference??

"The hospital's media relations representatives worked with Jackson's family to arrange an announcement to the press in a downstairs auditorium. There were some anxious moments as crowds of journalists and fans gathered in front of the medical center's main entrance waiting to be let in. More than a dozen hospital and campus media reps joined officers in guiding reporters downstairs five at a time, checking media credentials at the door and turning away fans. Reporters and bulky video cameras soon filled the space, and even though the room seats nearly 200, not all the media could fit.

"We all did our best to accommodate an unprecedented volume of reporters on campus due to the extraordinary level of interest in Michael Jackson's death," said Phil Hampton, assistant director of UCLA's Office of Media Relations.

Jackson's brother Jermaine confirmed the news already being reported."

This still is not confirmation from UCLA that he was pronounced "dead" at UCLA.

Strange, isn't it.   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 29, 2010, 03:50:38 AM
Quote from: "pepper"

Thanks for bringing this back up.  To me this was one of the strangest things at the time, and still is, that UCLA has NEVER announced MJ's death officially.  It was said that they (UCLA) reported it to the Coroner's office, and then we got "official" word from the Coroner's office.  I remember one of the big news outlets got their confirmation from Steve Ruda, from the LA Fire Department

Thank you very much for all these informations, I'd never read the UCLA articles before and I'd never seen that the press conference was opened by an UCLA employee. As you say, they never officially stated about Mike's death, it's like they put all the responsability of that on the Jacksons family and they only.
Can I also add that maybe (maybe I'm fool, I don't know :D) it's a bit inappropriate for Jermaine to say "Michael Jackson, the legenday king of pop" for a death announcement, couldn't he just call him his official name Michael Joe Jackson? Anyway...

Nevertheless, I referred to another man who said Michael was dead to the cameras, it was outside Mike's house, a small guy, very short white hair....maybe is this Steve Ruda? If yes, he is from the Fire Departement?
And also, the guy who reported about MJ authopsy.....you know, everything could have been faked, but when I see official people (Fire Departement, coroner officer) making clear declarations, I say to me, this cannot be done....you know, even if we admit that Michael had the favours of lot of people (which I don't believe anyway, I think lot of people didn't like him over there) , this would be like a crime, they cannot make fake statements.....what do you think?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 29, 2010, 04:05:40 AM
I found it strange that Jermaine was the one to announce the death of MJ.  I'm sorry but it just seem odd.  It seem like one of their doctors should have made that announcement.  I can't even believe that Jermaine would have enough strength to talk after supposedly seeing your dead brother.  He was so composed too that's what amazed me.  He just said this is really hard then he made the announcement.  I never seen any other family members of celebs that died do this.  I've always seen a medical professional do it.  It's also odd that Latoya signed his death certificate.  How is that even possible to do when she's not a medical professional.  I found this article about Tupac when he died.  I highlighted the important parts like the fact that Tupac was identified by his fingerprints along with his mother but MJ was identified by his Driver's license.  Snoop also state that people need to put the rumor to rest about Tupac being alive.  I'm sure the Jackson family knows about fans that believe he still alive but they have yet to debunk these rumors.  The article also states that 20 people were interviewed by police but the police didn't interview any medical staff in the MJ case.  Here's the article:
Reasons why Tupac's death !!!
Courtesy of MTV News

In fact, there is plenty of evidence that Tupac is indeed dead. Las Vegas police interviewed over 20 witnesses to the shooting, and they believe they know who killed Tupac. But without further witness cooperation, they fear they won't have a prosecutable case. Secondly, an autopsy was performed on a body positively identified through fingerprints as Tupac Shakur, the cause of death listed as injuries from gunshot wounds. A death certificate is on file in the Clark County Vital Records Office, and Davis Funeral Home of Las Vegas confirms that they handled services for one Tupac Shakur.

"People need to let him rest in peace, let that rumor rest in peace," Snoop Doggy Dogg told MTV News. "When you make legendary music, people don't want to believe you're gone. Like, they keep saying Elvis ain't dead you know what I'm sayin', but it's just all about the individual himself, he was a legend and everybody don't wanna let it go."

Here`some more....

JOHN NORRIS: "Tupac filled his 25 years with enough drama and adventure to fill a three-hour movie. So it should come as no surprise that even in death, many of his fans still anxiously await one more plot twist. As with most good '90s conspiracy theories, "Tupac lives" began on the Internet."

Some speculate Tupac faked his death to boost record sales or to avoid enemies. In fact, Tupac's sales and public persona were never bigger than in the months before his death.

Armchair analysis of his lyrics shows that Tupac was preoccupied with his own passing, and an eerie video depicting his fatal shooting appeared just days after his death.

MARION "SUGE" KNIGHT: "On the cover of Makaveli he's on a cross, you know, shot up, being crucified and you know, it's real, it's real deep. I mean Pac got shot on the seventh and that's deep. You know, Jesus on the seventh day. And you know he went on to a better place on the thirteenth."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:25:04 AM by msteetee34
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 29, 2010, 04:17:08 AM
Last week in german TV came some MJ " documentaries " and i saw it...they said :
Michael was pronounced dead from his family !!!!
That was so absolutly weird ! :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

June 29, 2010, 02:53:43 PM
I just noticed something interesting on the UCLA Newsroom site.  I'm not sure what you call it in "internet" language, but it is the title of the link to the page, the part that follows the "www." and describes the link you are going to.

On the UCLA link to the page that has the information about Jermaine making the "statement of death", the link to that page looks like this -

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginmedia-reports-that-michael-jackson-94914.aspx

(This seems like UCLA is saying "the media reports that michael jackson"...  dies?  So UCLA is making even more of a point in this link that the MEDIA is reporting that Michael Jackson... )

And there is this article

"Statement on the death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 25, 2009 Category: Campus News, Health Sciences
The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center:

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known.

His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate Jackson, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful.

Jackson’s family requests that the media respect their privacy during this tragic period of time."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginjohn-wooden-dies-84109.aspx

(UCLA is making the statement that John Wooden has died)

And the article:

Coach John Wooden, 1910–2010
By Claudia Luther June 04, 2010

"UCLA's legendary former basketball coach John Wooden, who in 27 years led his teams to stunning triumphs and was just as well known for mentoring his players off the court and for his motivational "Pyramid of Success," died at 6:45 p.m. of natural causes. He was 99. His 100th birthday would have been Oct. 14.

Wooden had been admitted to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on May 26. Funeral services will be private. Per the wishes of the family, there will be a public memorial at a later date, with a reception for former players and coaches."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginstatement-from-nan-and-jim-wooden159630.aspx

(The kind of statement that a family would usually make - they are not announcing the death because UCLA has already done that)

"Statement from Nan and Jim Wooden on John Wooden
By UCLA June 04, 2010 Category: Campus News
The following statement was issued by Nan and Jim Wooden on the passing of their father, John Wooden:

We want to thank everyone for their love and support for our father. We will miss him more than words can express.

He has been, and always will be, the guiding light for our family. The love, guidance and support he has given us will never be forgotten.

Our peace of mind at this time is knowing that he has gone to be with our mother, whom he has continued to love and cherish.

We wish to express our gratitude for your support and appreciate your respecting our privacy."

And this

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logincoach-john-wooden-hospitalized159643.aspx

(UCLA confirming that the Coach was hospitalized, but saying that the family wishes for them not to comment on his condition at this time.  Why could there not have been some sort of release of this type when "MJ" was admitted to UCLA?)

"Coach John Wooden hospitalized at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 03, 2010 Category: Campus News, Health Sciences
UCLA has received numerous media and public inquiries regarding Coach John Wooden, the Bruins' legendary basketball coach from 1948-1975.

The campus has been authorized to confirm that Coach Wooden is a patient at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Per the wishes of the Wooden family, UCLA will not comment on his condition.

No one from the Wooden Family or UCLA staff is available for interviews regarding Coach Wooden."

It is interesting to compare how these two situations were reported by the UCLA Newsroom...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 29, 2010, 03:29:47 PM
I just noticed something interesting on the UCLA Newsroom site.  I'm not sure what you call it in "internet" language, but it is the title of the link to the page, the part that follows the "www." and describes the link you are going to.

On the UCLA link to the page that has the information about Jermaine making the "statement of death", the link to that page looks like this -

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginmedia-reports-that-michael-jackson-94914.aspx

(This seems like UCLA is saying "the media reports that michael jackson"...  dies?  So UCLA is making even more of a point in this link that the MEDIA is reporting that Michael Jackson... )

And there is this article

"Statement on the death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 25, 2009 Category: Campus News, Health Sciences
The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center:

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known.

His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate Jackson, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful.

Jackson’s family requests that the media respect their privacy during this tragic period of time."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginjohn-wooden-dies-84109.aspx

(UCLA is making the statement that John Wooden has died)

And the article:

Coach John Wooden, 1910–2010
By Claudia Luther June 04, 2010

"UCLA's legendary former basketball coach John Wooden, who in 27 years led his teams to stunning triumphs and was just as well known for mentoring his players off the court and for his motivational "Pyramid of Success," died at 6:45 p.m. of natural causes. He was 99. His 100th birthday would have been Oct. 14.

Wooden had been admitted to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on May 26. Funeral services will be private. Per the wishes of the family, there will be a public memorial at a later date, with a reception for former players and coaches."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginstatement-from-nan-and-jim-wooden159630.aspx

(The kind of statement that a family would usually make - they are not announcing the death because UCLA has already done that)

"Statement from Nan and Jim Wooden on John Wooden
By UCLA June 04, 2010 Category: Campus News
The following statement was issued by Nan and Jim Wooden on the passing of their father, John Wooden:

We want to thank everyone for their love and support for our father. We will miss him more than words can express.

He has been, and always will be, the guiding light for our family. The love, guidance and support he has given us will never be forgotten.

Our peace of mind at this time is knowing that he has gone to be with our mother, whom he has continued to love and cherish.

We wish to express our gratitude for your support and appreciate your respecting our privacy."

And this

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logincoach-john-wooden-hospitalized159643.aspx

(UCLA confirming that the Coach was hospitalized, but saying that the family wishes for them not to comment on his condition at this time.  Why could there not have been some sort of release of this type when "MJ" was admitted to UCLA?)

"Coach John Wooden hospitalized at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 03, 2010 Category: Campus News, Health Sciences
UCLA has received numerous media and public inquiries regarding Coach John Wooden, the Bruins' legendary basketball coach from 1948-1975.

The campus has been authorized to confirm that Coach Wooden is a patient at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Per the wishes of the Wooden family, UCLA will not comment on his condition.

No one from the Wooden Family or UCLA staff is available for interviews regarding Coach Wooden."

It is interesting to compare how these two situations were reported by the UCLA Newsroom...

Very interesting...

But this guy was someone who actually was part of UCLA, so it's maybe different.

Could you find some death announcement of an extern person, like MJ,even better if it's someone from the star system....did any famous person die there before? It's LA so maybe we can find someone else...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

June 29, 2010, 03:37:34 PM
And also, the guy who reported about MJ authopsy.....you know, everything could have been faked, but when I see official people (Fire Departement, coroner officer) making clear declarations, I say to me, this cannot be done....you know, even if we admit that Michael had the favours of lot of people (which I don't believe anyway, I think lot of people didn't like him over there) , this would be like a crime, they cannot make fake statements.....what do you think?

If you refer back to the comment from that one article, that Jermaine was "confirming what was already being reported in the media", it seems that a lot of official people chose their words very carefully when they reported further information about MJ - so they might not necessarily be making fake statements, it might just depend on how their statements are interpreted.  Kind of in the same way that UCLA has never actually confirmed the death of MJ, but so many people assume that he died there, because that is what has been implied. Remember, even Jermaine just "read a statement." Here are two links for the report of the autopsy of MJ.  In the first one notice that the the LA Coroner spokesperson says they have "concluded the autopsy for Mr. Michael Jackson." Wouldn't you say you concluded an autopsy on someone, not for someone?

In this second link, which is a continuation of the autopsy reporting, at 3:19 a reporter asks a question about the death certificate, and the answer is very interesting, and at 3:55 a reporter asks about the time of death, and the reporter says "he (MJ) was pronounced dead at the hospital..." and the Coroner spokesperson responds "he was pronounced in the emergency room at the hospital, yes"  ---  Which to me sounds more like they introduced him to everyone in the emergency room at the hospital or something.  Why wouldn't the coroner spokesperson just say he was pronounced dead in the emergency room?

Compare the announcement of MJ's autopsy news to this announcement of the autopsy of Anna Nicole Smith - which was also a sudden, unexpected death.  The spokesperson for Anna Nicole's autopsy speaks like he is extremely well informed, he speaks of specific times, he goes into much more detail.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 29, 2010, 04:38:58 PM

I've watched your links, and yes he wasn't VERY clear....but he was direct enough I think anyway.

But about the death announcement, what do you think about the guy (maybe from Firemen) clearly said that MJ had passed away? Do you know the one i'm talking about? If I find the link I'll post it...it's a little guy, short and white hair, just outside MJ's house....could he possibly state a fake death?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

June 29, 2010, 10:44:52 PM

But about the death announcement, what do you think about the guy (maybe from Firemen) clearly said that MJ had passed away? Do you know the one i'm talking about? If I find the link I'll post it...it's a little guy, short and white hair, just outside MJ's house....could he possibly state a fake death?

I think this is the one you are talking about.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 30, 2010, 02:34:51 AM

I think this is the one you are talking about.

Yes exactly.
How can this guy, from his position, lie to the entire world, without any sequel or any juridical problems if this si an hoax? This is the biggest question I ask to myself...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

July 06, 2010, 03:50:46 PM
As i remember quote from last CNN tribute to Mj on 625 - the spokesperson for 71 Firedepartment CLEARLY SAY " .. to person , who was lately Identify For Us as a Michael Jackson".
You can find link from CNN special tribute interview by Don Lemon wth Jermane there also=) and his HUGE smail, when he sain - Of course, we who is murder -  they know who they are...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions