~Souza~Topic starter

#ElvisAndMJdotcom is not trending yet. We don't have enough tweeters. Setting a new date and time won't do anything, if we will be with only a few hundred again, most certainly not now with the soccer tweets.

But stop tweeting makes people forget. While we try to find a solution to get attention to it, we should keep tweeting. If non-believers are picking up on the hashtag #ElvisAndMJdotcom and go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login they will see the hashtag has been tweeted 29,000 times in less then 3 days, making it more interesting to check out.

I do think it's a good idea to make some new tweets including other trendings, like people mentioned in the other thread.

The trending tweets at this moment are:

I suggest we use this thread to post examples of tweets that include one or more of these trending ones, plus our hashtag #ElvisAndMJdotcom
Make them funny or interesting enough to trigger people to retweet.

Another idea is to all follow You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and tweet him about #ElvisAndMJdotcom. Maybe if he gets bombarded with tweets, he might use it in one of his tweets to ask why people are sending it to him. He has millions of followers, I think it's worth a shot.

I still believe that doing nothing is helping even less, and tweeting the hashtag doesn't hurt anyone. So not trending yet, but that doesn't mean we should stop and start all over in a few days.

Other ideas are more than welcome.

How many tweets does it take to be a trending topic on Twitter?

Trending topic on Twitter
While not completely convinced of the value of a trending topic on twitter, besides an ego boost, its nevertheless a very question that we get asked by a lot of customers. It is usually asked in one of two ways:

“How many tweets does it take in a given time period to be a trending topic on twitter?” or

“How many people have to talk about this on twitter to make this topic appear as a top one on Twitter Search?”

First some quick facts and numbers so we can baseline over the last 7 days:

1. The average number of tweets per day is 1.9 Million

2. The average number of unique twitter users per day is about 631,737

3. The average number of unique twitter users online per hour is 48,233

4. The average number of unique tweets per hour is 83,394 and unique tweets / minute is ~ 1350

5. Number of unique trending topics per day is ~8900 (these are for one specific day, but average over the last 7 days is in this range). Trending topic has a “shelf life” of 11 minutes, most though are less than 5 minutes. N.B. There are 10 top trending topics shown on Search.Twitter.com at any time.

Unique Twitter users and tweets by hour
The million $ question of how many tweets it takes to trend depends on 2 things - # of people tweeting at the same time on topic and the hour of the day.

What other factors matter?

1. How many followers in total exist for the people online at that time? This will make it easier for that topic to be distributed quicker and hence trend faster on twitter

2. Nature of the topic – Breaking news, politics and technology related topics do very well on Twitter. We ignored inane (in our words) topics like Good night, tired etc.

3. Location of twitter users – this is a nature of time, but most twitter users are in coastal United States, Japan. If you wish to trend a topic on Twitter, during the timezone they are most active, you are better off talking about topics that interest them.

Assuming Pacific Standard Time, our research indicates:

Between 12 (midnight) to 6 am PDT: approximately 1200 tweets and about 500 users to be trending

Between 6 am to 12 Noon PDT: 1700 tweets and about 733 users

Between 12 noon to 6 pm: 1500 tweets and about 812 users (this may be because there are more people during this time but they tweet a lot less)

Between 6 pm to 12 midnight: 1900 tweets and about 922 users

Some points to note: These numbers will vary by nature of topic, date and appeal of topic worldwide. This gives you a rough estimate or a ballpark, but is not in anyway comprehensive.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[/color]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hazzely

Hazzely
@PerezHilton I was awfully curious to find out why I didn't go insane #ElvisandMJdotcom

This is random but very true!!  :lol:  :lol:

Hazzely
I'm sorry Souza Spain will beat Germany's & Holand's ass!! #ElvisAndMJdotcom #Worldcup  ;D
3 minutes ago via web

souza81
Holanda will know in a few hours who's @ss they can kick on Sunday!! #ElvisAndMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Hazzely"
Hazzely
@PerezHilton I was awfully curious to find out why I didn't go insane #ElvisandMJdotcom

This is random but very true!!  :lol:  :lol:

Hazzely
I'm sorry Souza Spain will beat Germany's & Holand's ass!! #ElvisAndMJdotcom #Worldcup  ;D
3 minutes ago via web

souza81
Holanda will know in a few hours who's @ss they can kick on Sunday!! #ElvisAndMJdotcom

You just wait and see.... ;)

@PerezHilton Perez, did you check out this already? I thought you would be interested...www.elvisandmj.com #ElvisAndMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Okay, I'm operating 4 twitter accounts simultaneously and will create a few new ones once in a while to increase the numbers of contributors.  Next to RSI I will also end up with a "twitter finger" but who cares!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

Trying to do my best I think I improved my skills in slogans finding  :lol:

Mick Jagger knows about #ElvisAndMJdotcom but what about you ?

Spread Michael's message by tweeting #ElvisAndMJdotcom while watching #worldcup

This is a wake up call for everybody even Cedric Diggory so read #ElvisAndMJdotcom and spread the message

Read #ElvisAndMJdotcom and you'll understand why Cedric Diggory read it

This is a breaking news ! At #ElvisAndMJdotcom truths are revealed ! Maybe you'll find a link with Mick Jagger there

Cedric Diggory wants you to read #ElvisAndMJdotcom

Awareness, Higher Consciousness, Hope and Love are waiting for you at #ElvisAndMJdotcom Cedric Diggory may be there too
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

~Souza~Topic starter

Does Mick Jagger watch the #worldcup  tonight while he is reading #ElvisandMjdotcom ?

I wonder who Mick Jagger will cheer for tonight, that will be country that will have his ass kicked tonight! #ElvisandMJdotcom

Cedric Diggory hoaxed his death, read it here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisAndMJdotcom

Alemania is preparing for the match tonight by reading You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisandMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

Not many people know about it but Cedric Diggory and Mick Jagger have doubles go check at  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisAndMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

*Mo*

What's up with LeBron James? How did he end up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisandMJdotcom ??

Pulpo Paul predicts #ger  and #esp  will base their strategy on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisandMJdotcom

Where will Chris Bosh go? Read it here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisandMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

#worldcup and #ElvisandMJdotcom have something in common, the world !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't kwow if this is a good idea... "they" just suspended 2 of my accounts after I twitt some of this fun and innocent twitts. Somebody got offended I guess  :roll:  (LOL)

Here are some:

Exclusive: Mick Jagger, Ringo Starr and LeBron James meet up to watch #woldcup together! #ElvisandMJdotcom

Ringo Starr will watch Alemania at #worldcup  while he reads: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login #ElvisAndMJdotcom He is so smart!
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:34:49 AM by Emtyga
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter.com/Emtyga

paula-c

Mick Jagger please give your support to more than one, all computers are off your back .. USA, England, Brazil, Argentina#ElvisandMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

I've been looking at google pages of fans, believers and nonbelievers, and I sent the twett
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"

Another idea is to all follow You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and tweet him about #ElvisAndMJdotcom. Maybe if he gets bombarded with tweets, he might use it in one of his tweets to ask why people are sending it to him. He has millions of followers, I think it's worth a shot.

I still believe that doing nothing is helping even less, and tweeting the hashtag doesn't hurt anyone. So not trending yet, but that doesn't mean we should stop and start all over in a few days.

Other ideas are more than welcome.
[/color]

Cool idea! How about posting it on Perezhilton.com, too? I have an account there and I read the blog practically every day... :oops:  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

Sarahli

You can watch the #worldcup and tweet #ElvisAndMJdotcom

Don't miss this chance read #ElvisAndMJdotcom you will learn about so many things and about Mick Jagger too

Pulpo Paul ? Who is it ? I'm gonna check at #ElvisAndMJdotcom

Why is Cedric Diggory famous ? Learn some useful lessons at #ElvisAndMJdotcom

Watch Alemania #worldcup but don't forget to read #ElvisAndMJdotcom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
I'm not feeling well for the last 2 days. I'm so sick but I'll try to do my best. Actually that Top Tweet would work easily but people didn't use the Favourite Star. I think that's the reason why we couldn't make it a Top Tweet. I'm with you guys.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions