I Just Found This....
December 10, 2009, 01:21:55 PM
.....and as I read it I thought to myself "woah!".

Has anybody else seen this before or heard of these words from Ian Halperin?  This was from 6th March 2009 just soon after the O2 announcement.  Ian Halperin was on a UK breakfast TV show (GMTV) and the following is an extract from his appearance.  I have underlined the parts that jumped out at me.

Michael Jackson's unofficial biographer talks to GMTV

Michael Jackson’s unofficial biographer, Ian Halperin, called the singer a “compulsive liar” this morning – and warned the UK he might not show up for his comeback gigs in London.

Speaking to GMTV’s Emma Crosby, Ian said: “First of all I want to warn your viewers Emma that I spent five years working on this book – employed six full-time researchers, and I want to warn the people of the UK - don’t be fooled. You’re all buying into it right now, but people in Michael’s camp, family members have told me he’s a compulsive liar, perhaps a pathological liar. And I’m just warning you all, all the hype has began, tickets could sell as much as £15,000 for the first few row seats. But will he show up, who knows? He is not in the greatest physical health even though he passed medical exams that say he can perform. It doesn’t mean he’s 100 per cent fit. He definitely has medical ailments, and I’m just putting you all on warning – this hasn’t played out yet to its fullest. And I’m still going to keep a close eye and an attentive look because I’m not convinced it’s going to go down as everyone watching this show thinks today.”

Ian warned that Jackson’s health might rule him out of the O2 gigs, despite him looking in good spirits recently:

“First of all, people on medication – they get shots of energy. Michael has been in a Beverly Hills private clinic getting special injections the past few weeks. And he’s in deep financial straits. He’s over $100 million in debt and they need to prop him up so he can perform and pay off his creditors. He has creditors chasing him right now that could fill the O2 Arena for a concert. He needs to make dough quickly and he couldn’t pull this off in America and Vegas - there would be people demonstrating outside. And he’s going to pull it off in London because the people in the UK have been sympathetic to him during his child molestation trial, which he was acquitted of.”

Ian went on to claim Jackson has lied to the public before, and his UK return could be the flop of the year:

“It could be the flop of year because let’s not forget his ‘We Are The World’ performance a couple of years back in the UK.

“The fact is Michael Jackson has lied to the public repeatedly over the years, I prove that in my book… Arguably he’s one of the greatest performers ever, but he hasn’t performed in years and the jury’s still out. If he gets up on stage and gives a stellar performance, I’ll be the first guy clapping on my feet. But we’ve been through this drill before with Michael – he’s duped the press, he’s duped the public, and all I’m saying is beware because it’s yet to play out to its fullest. I hope it goes off, I have nothing against Michael.”

What do you guys think about this?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

Re: I Just Found This....
December 10, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
Those parts do stick out to me as well.

I'm sorry but I really can't stand this Halperin guy. He really makes my stomach turn a lot. He says he has nothing against MJ, yet he bashes him during the whole interview. I really dislike people who make a career and gain a fan base by bashing someone else, I think it is pathetic and repulsive.  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

December 10, 2009, 01:30:18 PM
I've never heard this before... Maybe they changed the date, or is it really from march 6?
Anyway, he says some disgusting things, calls him a big lair..... And then saying: I have nothing against Michael...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

December 10, 2009, 01:31:57 PM
No, it never read .... oh this Ian Halperin ... would be good if this is so mister Halperin, I want the MJ the whole money it receives to Him goes well and hopes MJ has lied .... therefore it would be planned.

Michael has earned it
Mister Halperin = dirty swine
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 10, 2009, 01:32:46 PM
what a ass! he likes michael but doesnt mind putting him down. These are the people that hurt michael the most. Im sorry what a jerk. i am so mad right now im glad he is not in front of me lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I\'m happy to be alive, I\'m happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Kuki

December 10, 2009, 01:34:40 PM
I totally agree with you all. This is a lot of crap, saying he has nothing against Michael, but......and then he said he's a lair! Owwww come on!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Proud member of Michael\'s army of L.O.V.E.!

The Truth Isn\'t Waiting To Be Found. It\'s Waiting To Be BeLIEved.

MJJ1982

December 10, 2009, 01:35:58 PM
Ok, he's an a.. etc, but what if he really said this in March? Does he know more about the whole thing?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

December 10, 2009, 01:38:11 PM
This guy is so full of crap...I believe absolutely nothing he has to say.  This is coming from the same man who wrote in his book Unmasked that Michael was living a homosexual lifestyle and would leave his home in the early morning hours dressed as a woman to go and meet a man at a low end motel.  Again, more crap from Ian.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I close my eyes just to try and see you smile one more time
Its been so long now all I do is cry
Cant we find some love to take this away
Cause the pain gets stronger every day
Cant you see I dont wanna walk away

December 10, 2009, 01:40:57 PM
[color = # FF0040] MJJ1982 [/ color]
If March is correct it is white possibly he what... :?
If Ian disappears for a time I have Him ......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 10, 2009, 07:33:10 PM
Quote from: "kdkennedy74"
This guy is so full of crap...I believe absolutely nothing he has to say.  This is coming from the same man who wrote in his book Unmasked that Michael was living a homosexual lifestyle and would leave his home in the early morning hours dressed as a woman to go and meet a man at a low end motel.  Again, more crap from Ian.

I totally agree with you. I think we need to be careful where people like Halperin are concerned. While there could be very, small, microscopic bits of truth to SOME of his information, most of what comes out of his mouth is pure garbage. He trashes MJ every chance he gets. Buying into his story, and posting his words, simply helps to promote is special brand of trashy, sensationalized, twisted, and disgusting tabloid journalism. In my opinion, even labeling him as a tabloid journalist is an insult to tabloid journalists!

Search for the truth elsewhere, for MJ's sake. Halperin wants nothing more than to cash in on MJ's name, and he will stop at NOTHING to do just that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 10, 2009, 09:33:20 PM
While I do find it inetersting that Halprin said MJ would be dead in 6 months and then supposedly just that happened and somehow the two could be in relation as far as a hoax goes(and that could very well be the thing with this article as well) at the same time I have a hard time believing that he himself is actively participating. MJ could be paying mind to what he is saying and constructing his actions accordingly and thus giving Halprin a run all the while Halprin is thinking he is smart. :lol:  

Sorry I threw Halprin out when he was just o so certain and had proof MJ was gay-even Diane Diamond laughed about Halprins' certainty on that one. Ultimatly what made me sick was the words "greed killed Michael Jackson",,,,somehow doubt that MJ is using Halprin for anything in this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

December 10, 2009, 09:45:30 PM
Quote from: "rowdyangel"

Has anybody else seen this before or heard of these words from Ian Halperin?  This was from 6th March 2009 just soon after the O2 announcement.  Ian Halperin was on a UK breakfast TV show (GMTV) and the following is an extract from his appearance.  I have underlined the parts that jumped out at me.

Michael Jackson’s unofficial biographer, Ian Halperin, called the singer a “compulsive liar” this morning – and warned the UK he might not show up for his comeback gigs in London.

Speaking to GMTV’s Emma Crosby, Ian said: “First of all I want to warn your viewers Emma that I spent five years working on this book – employed six full-time researchers, and I want to warn the people of the UK - don’t be fooled. You’re all buying into it right now, but people in Michael’s camp, family members have told me he’s a compulsive liar, perhaps a pathological liar. And I’m just warning you all, all the hype has began, tickets could sell as much as £15,000 for the first few row seats. But will he show up, who knows? He is not in the greatest physical health even though he passed medical exams that say he can perform. It doesn’t mean he’s 100 per cent fit. He definitely has medical ailments, and I’m just putting you all on warning – this hasn’t played out yet to its fullest. And I’m still going to keep a close eye and an attentive look because I’m not convinced it’s going to go down as everyone watching this show thinks today.”

Ian warned that Jackson’s health might rule him out of the O2 gigs, despite him looking in good spirits recently:

“First of all, people on medication – they get shots of energy. Michael has been in a Beverly Hills private clinic getting special injections the past few weeks. And he’s in deep financial straits. He’s over $100 million in debt and they need to prop him up so he can perform and pay off his creditors. He has creditors chasing him right now that could fill the O2 Arena for a concert. He needs to make dough quickly and he couldn’t pull this off in America and Vegas - there would be people demonstrating outside. And he’s going to pull it off in London because the people in the UK have been sympathetic to him during his child molestation trial, which he was acquitted of.”

Ian went on to claim Jackson has lied to the public before, and his UK return could be the flop of the year:

“It could be the flop of year because let’s not forget his ‘We Are The World’ performance a couple of years back in the UK.

“The fact is Michael Jackson has lied to the public repeatedly over the years, I prove that in my book… Arguably he’s one of the greatest performers ever, but he hasn’t performed in years and the jury’s still out. If he gets up on stage and gives a stellar performance, I’ll be the first guy clapping on my feet. But we’ve been through this drill before with Michael – he’s duped the press, he’s duped the public, and all I’m saying is beware because it’s yet to play out to its fullest. I hope it goes off, I have nothing against Michael.”

is he the one that wrote the book saying that michael was supposedly going to 'die'?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 10, 2009, 09:51:46 PM
Quote from: "nellyka7"
Quote from: "rowdyangel"

is he the one that wrote the book saying that michael was supposedly going to 'die'?

yes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

December 10, 2009, 10:01:15 PM
i think he might know something..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 10, 2009, 10:26:57 PM
Quote from: "lovelidae"
Those parts do stick out to me as well.

I'm sorry but I really can't stand this Halperin guy. He really makes my stomach turn a lot. He says he has nothing against MJ, yet he bashes him during the whole interview. I really dislike people who make a career and gain a fan base by bashing someone else, I think it is pathetic and repulsive.  :x
I totally agree with you! I think this guy is just trying to get his 10 minutes of fame by using Michael's name and making up lies to sell his book and make money. :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.”-M.J.