Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak ... this according to an interview with his sister La Toya

Michael eventually came to realize that any such procedure would be too risky, but not after flying in experts. La Toya told News of the World, "... He wanted to give him vocal chords and asked doctors, 'Can I give him an operation so that I can know what his thoughts are?'"

La Toya says the most Bubbles ever mustered up was the occasional bark or grunt.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Monkey business time! :lol: TMZ is defintely is reading this forum
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login double post
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know, I´m serious, dude!" (Akon) LOL

Quote from: "GirlInTheMirror"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login double post

I think the point is that NOTW printed this ages ago, we put it on the forum and TMZ pick it up.  This has only been posted by TMZ>

Also.. i dont think the photo they have is the real bubbles....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Is the one that Latoya visited.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way..."

paula-c

Bubbles La Toya talking now, and the story of the operation .. I can not seem strange, or is just tabloid garbage 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "neversaynever"

This is just great neversaynever  ;)  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

neversaynever, if possible, and the bark or grunt, grunt is perhaps the fans , the division between us believers and nonbelievers, and more resent the division among believers :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
I wonder what's Latoya's sudden obsession with Bubbles lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

I also think that it's about the divisions that occured between beLIEvers. Michael seems to tell us that we have to raise our voice as one with clarity and be he's voice at the same time.

"Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak"
Michael spent a lot of time planning this hoax to see if it was possible to gather his beloved fans and give them the ability to speak for him.

"Can I give him an operation so that I can know what his thoughts are?"
Michael wanted to know what are our thoughts with the Twitter campaign ?

Thank you for that Michael it was needed. I love you. God bless you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "Sarahli"
I also think that it's about the divisions that occured between beLIEvers. Michael seems to tell us that we have to raise our voice as one with clarity and be he's voice at the same time.

"Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak"
Michael spent a lot of time planning this hoax to see if it was possible to gather his beloved fans and give them the ability to speak for him.

So the fans are the monkey here? :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

Quote from: "PureLove"

It's just a metaphor of course  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "PureLove"

It's just a metaphor of course  :lol:

:lol: So we should remember Paris' video where she said "Monkey Help!" LOL :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "bluepiggy"
La Toya: Michael Wanted to Teach Bubbles to Talk
7/11/2010 8:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak ... this according to an interview with his sister La Toya

Michael eventually came to realize that any such procedure would be too risky, but not after flying in experts. La Toya told News of the World, "... He wanted to give him vocal chords and asked doctors,
'Can I give him an operation so that I can know what his thoughts are?'"

La Toya says the most Bubbles ever mustered up was the occasional bark or grunt.

7/11/2010 8:30 AM
2, 3, 7, 8, 111
7 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 8 + 3 = 23
2 + 3 = 5
The number 5 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LTMWTBTMML

LT - Lucent Technologies
Lucent Technologies
Lucent Technologies was a technology company composed of what was formerly AT&T Technologies, which included Western Electric and Bell Labs. It was spun off from AT&T on September 30, 1996.
Lucent merged with Alcatel SA of France to form Alcatel-Lucent on December 1, 2006.

Alcatel-Lucent
Alcatel-Lucent is a global telecommunications corporation, headquartered in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France. It provides telecommunications solutions to service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, enabling these customers to deliver voice, data and video services. The company focuses on fixed, mobile, and converged broadband networking hardware, IP technologies, software, and services. It leverages the technical and scientific expertise of Bell Labs, one of the largest innovation and R&D houses in the communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent has operations in more than 130 countries.

The company is under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer Ben Verwaayen and the non-executive Chairman of the Board is Philippe Camus. Verwaayen and Camus joined the company in the third quarter of 2008 after Alcatel-Lucent's first CEO Patricia Russo and first Chairman Serge Tchuruk resigned. For 2008, the company posted revenues of €16.984 billion and a net loss of €5.215 billion

Company Overview

What Happened to USRobotics?
by oztech on 11/12/2007
Things changed though when 3Com purchased USRobotics in 1997. Originally, the purchase was spun to the media as a merger. 3Com was easily a larger company, and it became apparent in the coming months that USRobotics would just be a name used under the 3Com family.

3Com had big plans and expected exponential growth. They bought a huge campus in Rolling Meadows, IL. The campus had only 1 building, but plans were unveiled to build several more buildings around the campus. It seemed the company had plans to hire for many new jobs, but at the same time, entire departments were being outsourced including mine.

HP to Acquire 3Com for $2.7 Billion
PALO ALTO, Calif., and MARLBOROUGH, Mass., Nov. 11, 2009
HP and 3Com Corporation today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which HP will purchase 3Com, a leading provider of networking switching, routing and security solutions, at a price of $7.90 per share in cash or an enterprise value of approximately $2.7 billion. The terms of the transaction have been approved by the HP and 3Com boards of directors.

HP (Hewlett-Packard) and Alcatel-Lucent to Form Global Alliance
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 18, 2009
HP and Alcatel-Lucent today announced they have signed a relationship agreement establishing both parties’ intent to form a 10-year global alliance to help customers leverage the convergence of telecommunication and IT.

The companies plan to launch a global go-to-market program to transform communication networks into converged, next-generation infrastructures. As a result of this transformation, service providers will be able to efficiently deliver new, revenue-generating services. HP and Alcatel-Lucent also plan to offer services to manage the new and existing infrastructures for customers looking for flexible sourcing options.

Just a note: The definition of Lucent
Aglow: softly bright or radiant
Emitting light: shining, luminous; Translucent; clear, lucid

Illuminated? - Illuminati?

MW -  Mechanized War

New breed of robots, gizmos take war to next level

By Jon Swartz, USA TODAY
EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. — Sitting before a computer screen in a small trailer, a flight operator leads a stealth jet on a bombing raid of a simulated air defense system several thousand miles away.

Viewing the image of a jet 35,000 feet over a digitized battle map, the operator locks on enemy targets and destroys them with laser-guided missiles. A camera in the nose of the aircraft catches the action with TV-quality video.

Is this a war game or a new video game?

It's the latest test of the X-45, an unmanned plane that offers a not-too-distant glimpse of how the United States will eventually wage war.

"You could oversee a bombing mission overseas then break for dinner with the family," says Roy Smith, an engineer at Boeing, which is developing the X-45.

Unmanned machines like the X-45 are being cooked up and tested in the country's most advanced labs. Within 20 years, squadrons of unmanned planes will swarm enemy sites like killer bees, launching missiles and avoiding detection with sophisticated jamming devices.

Self-programmed submarines will replace dolphins to detect and disarm mines. Robotic mules the size of pickups will haul ammunition, medical supplies and food.

Drone ambulances will load wounded soldiers and cart them to hospitals. Crablike robots will crawl into buildings to sniff out chemical stashes.

24/7 availability

The transition to mechanized weaponry is key to the military's transformation from heavy ground forces to smaller human units fortified with robotic weapons. The goal: to limit casualties. "Why put a human in harm's way if you can send a robot?" says Maj. Neal Vickrey of the U.S. Air Force Space Battlelab, created five years ago to integrate civilian technology into military use.

Part of the lure is also efficiency: Non-human combatants are relatively inexpensive, operational 24 hours a day and immune to biological weapons. Many will evolve with advancements in satellites, sensors, power supplies, wireless communications, digital imaging, software and chips. "Robots are only as good as their surrounding technology," Boeing's Smith says.

Encouraged by the success of satellite-guided bombs and unmanned spy planes in Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq, the U.S. military plans to spend $10 billion between now and 2010 on unmanned vehicles such as the X-45. In all, the Pentagon spends more than $100 billion a year developing and buying weapons.

The military's thirst for high-tech gadgetry has fomented a new breed of defense contractors. Companies such as Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin that have built aircraft carriers and fighter jets are expanding into electronics-systems design and software development. Boeing is co-developing the X-45, which is heavily dependent on sophisticated software.

Investment steep

So far, unmanned craft have seen limited use in conflicts. PackBots, dog-size robots armed with weapons and sensors, were used for reconnaissance and mine-clearing missions in Afghanistan. The most advanced unmanned craft — Global Hawks and Predators — floated above Iraq, snapping digital images and beaming them back to command centers miles away.

But computerized combatants will get smarter and more aggressive, evolving from the remote-controlled reconnaissance machines of today to self-programmed robots that can navigate difficult terrain and engage in combat, says Scott Myers, in charge of robotic development at General Dynamics' Robotics Systems. Pentagon officials acknowledge that automating the military is a work in progress. And the investment is steep. Global Hawks cost $40 million each. Shifting tasks from humans to robots has long been met with limited success. "Robots cannot reproduce the complexity of the human brain," says Loren Thompson of Lexington Institute, a non-profit think tank. "They react poorly to unexpected circumstances, which is what war is all about."

TBT - Technology Based Training
The delivery of content via Internet, LAN or WAN (intranet or extranet), satellite broadcast, audio- or videotape, interactive TV, or CD-ROM. TBT encompasses both CBT and WBT.

MML - Man-Machine Language
A man-machine language or MML is a specification language. MML typically are defined to standardize the interfaces for managing a telecommunications or network device from a console.

Human–computer interaction
Human–computer interaction is the study of interaction between people (users) and computers.It is often regarded as the intersection of computer science, behavioral sciences, design and several other fields of study.  Interaction between users and computers occurs at the user interface (or simply interface), which includes both software and hardware; for example, characters or objects displayed by software on a personal computer's monitor, input received from users via hardware peripherals such as keyboards and mice, and other user interactions with large-scale computerized systems such as aircraft and power plants. The Association for Computing Machinery defines human-computer interaction as "a discipline concerned with the design, evaluation and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use and with the study of major phenomena surrounding them."

Because human-computer interaction studies a human and a machine in conjunction, it draws from supporting knowledge on both the machine and the human side. On the machine side, techniques in computer graphics, operating systems, programming languages, and development environments are relevant. On the human side, communication theory, graphic and industrial design disciplines, linguistics, social sciences, cognitive psychology, and human factors are relevant. Engineering and design methods are also relevant. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of HCI, people with different backgrounds contribute to its success. HCI is also sometimes referred to as man–machine interaction (MMI) or computer–human interaction (CHI).

Transhumanism
Transhumanism is an international intellectual and cultural movement supporting the use of science and technology to improve human mental and physical  characteristics and capacities. The movement regards aspects of the human condition, such as disability, suffering, disease, aging, and involuntary death as unnecessary and undesirable. Transhumanists look to biotechnologies and other emerging technologies for these purposes. Dangers, as well as benefits, are also of concern to the transhumanist movement.

The term "transhumanism" is symbolized by H+ or h+ and is often used as a synonym for "human enhancement". Although the first known use of the term dates from 1957, the contemporary meaning is a product of the 1980s when futurists in the United States began to organize what has since grown into the transhumanist movement. Transhumanist thinkers predict that human beings may eventually be able to transform themselves into beings with such greatly expanded abilities as to merit the label "posthuman". (Transformed through merging with machines)[/b]Transhumanism is therefore sometimes referred to as "posthumanism" or a form of transformational activism influenced by posthumanist ideals.

The transhumanist vision of a transformed future humanity has attracted many supporters and detractors from a wide range of perspectives. Transhumanism has been described by one critic, Francis Fukuyama, as the world's most dangerous idea, while one proponent, Ronald Bailey, counters that it is the "movement that epitomizes the most daring, courageous, imaginative, and idealistic aspirations of humanity".

Cyborgs
A cyborg , also known as a cybernetic organism, is a being with both biological and artificial values (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts. The term was coined in 1960 when Manfred Clynes and Nathan Kline used it in an article about the advantages of self-regulating human-machine systems in outer space. D. S. Halacy's Cyborg: Evolution of the Superman in 1965 featured an introduction which spoke of a "new frontier" that was "not merely space, but more profoundly the relationship between 'inner space' to 'outer space' -a bridge...between mind and matter." The cyborg is often seen today merely as an organism that has enhanced abilities due to technology, but this perhaps oversimplifies the category of feedback.

Fictional cyborgs are portrayed as a synthesis of organic and synthetic parts, and frequently pose the question of difference between human and machine as one concerned with morality, free will, and empathy. Fictional cyborgs may be represented as visibly mechanical (e.g. the Cybermen in the Doctor Who franchise or The Borg from Star Trek); or as almost indistinguishable from humans (e.g. the Terminators from the Terminator films, the "Human" Cylons from the re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica), etc. The 1970s television series The Six Million Dollar Man featured one of the most famous fictional cyborgs. Cyborgs in fiction often play up a human contempt for over-dependence on technology, particularly when used for war, and when used in ways that seem to threaten free will. Cyborgs are also often portrayed with physical or mental abilities far exceeding a human counterpart (military forms may have inbuilt weapons, among other things).

Real cyborgs are more frequently people who use cybernetic technology to repair or overcome the physical and mental constraints of their bodies. While cyborgs are commonly thought of as mammals, they might conceivably be any kind of organism.

[youtube:3408csuh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48f9THXeDOM[/youtube:3408csuh]

Ironic Coincidence?

Skynet
In the Terminator series, Skynet  is the primary antagonist — an artificially intelligent system which became self-aware and revolted against its creators. Skynet is rarely seen onscreen and its actions are often performed via other robots and computer systems.

Skynet
Skynet is a family of military satellites, now operated by Paradigm Secure Communications on behalf of the UK Ministry of Defence, which provide strategic communication services to the three branches of the British Armed Forces and to NATO forces engaged on coalition tasks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

[youtube:wi9kd1ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm2d0w87wQE[/youtube:wi9kd1ao]

[youtube:wi9kd1ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ouWOrFh4U[/youtube:wi9kd1ao]

[youtube:wi9kd1ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSCLBG9KeX4[/youtube:wi9kd1ao]

[youtube:wi9kd1ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZ0KQ7c5Ck[/youtube:wi9kd1ao]

Brain-Twitter Project
By Richard Allen Greene
(CNN) -- Adam Wilson posted two messages on Twitter on April 15. The first one, "GO BADGERS," might have been sent by any University of Wisconsin-Madison student cheering for the school team.
The brain-computer interface allows people to compose a tweet by focusing on the desired letter. His second post, 20 minutes later, was a little more unusual: "SPELLING WITH MY BRAIN."

Wilson, a doctoral student in biomedical engineering, was confirming an announcement he had made two weeks earlier -- his lab had developed a way to post messages on Twitter using electrical impulses generated by thought.

That's right, no keyboards, just a red cap fitted with electrodes that monitor brain activity, hooked up to a computer flashing letters on a screen. Wilson sent the messages by concentrating on the letters he wanted to "type," then focusing on the word "twit" at the bottom of the screen to post the message.

The development could be a lifeline for people with "locked-in syndrome" -- whose brains function normally but who cannot speak or move because of injury or disease. Wilson and his supervisor, Justin Williams, made the breakthrough last month after hearing a question posed on the radio.  "Wouldn't it be great if you could Twitter just by thinking about it?" That query sparked what Williams called the "a-ha moment."
 "We can do that," said Williams, an assistant professor and the principal investigator at the lab in Madison, Wisconsin. "We can do that tomorrow."

In the end, it wasn't quite "tomorrow," Williams said, but Wilson had written the software to link existing technology with Twitter "within a couple of days" of starting on the project in March. He sent Williams his first "tweet" -- or message -- from the brain-computer interface on March 31. Video  "I had set up my phone to get Twitter updates, and I walked in my door and got this message, and I knew it was really possible," he told CNN by phone. "My wife was sitting there, and I showed her the message and she immediately got excited about it -- and it's rare that I come home from work and she gets excited about what I have been doing."

[youtube:wi9kd1ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=205dHV55XWQ[/youtube:wi9kd1ao]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions