Re: Miko Brando twitter......
December 28, 2010, 01:49:53 PM
Quote from: "pepper"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
That being said - he didn't act overly distraught or upset for someone who's best friend had just died under suspicious circumstances. No tears, no cracked voice, no emotional upset. It was very odd for me to see him and others show such lack of emotion. So matter-of-fact.

I agree.  In this Youtube link Larry King asks Miko "What was your role?" in terms of what Miko was expected to do FOR Michael Jackson.  (and it never hit me until just now - an actor plays a role...)
Miko says "My role was just to be there for him, keep an eye out for him, be there if he needed anything, and to help uh.." Larry King says "You were like his guy".  Miko says "His guy.  He (MJ) said keep an eye out for me.." So it sounds like Miko was MJ's right hand, his "Man Friday".  

Doesn't it seem strange that Miko isn't more emotional that this relationship is gone, and also that this responsibility he had to Michael is gone? I would think he would be catatonic.  At the time of this interview they still had not even had the first Memorial so it is fairly soon after the "death".

Also interesting that the next question Larry has is "Do you know Dr. Murray?"  Miko says "Heard of him, never met him..."  So MJ's right hand man NEVER met Dr. Murray?

Youtube link - start at 7:49
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, for sure very odd! I think it shows that Dr Murray was not around Michael on a consistent basis because not only did Miko not know him but others who were close to Michael did not know him either. I wonder where Miko has been lately?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mjboogie

December 28, 2010, 08:44:16 PM
Yeah I thought it was odd also how Miko was just soooooo well composed during this interview. I mean to be soooo close with MJ for soooo many years!
Same with Grace the nanny. I mean she was soooo close to him for sooo long. Him and his children..and we have hardly heard a peep from her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

December 31, 2010, 12:03:18 AM
Quote from: "mjboogie"
Yeah I thought it was odd also how Miko was just soooooo well composed during this interview. I mean to be soooo close with MJ for soooo many years!

I just saw this - from the same night Miko was on LKL with Lou Ferrigno - June 29, 2009 (see the person's comment below this article).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"June 29, 2009
LKL WEB EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Friend and Marlon Brando's Son on the Michael Jackson He Knew
Posted: 06:19 PM ET

Miko Brando, son of actor Marlon Brando, has been friends with Michael Jackson for over 25 years.  Miko will be a guest on LKL tonight.  Miko's commentary is an LKL Web Exclusive.

Michael was my idol.  He's been my father figure since my father died.  It's strange living without him.  I will never be the same, and I don't know if I'll ever get over this loss.  It's like losing your companion, someone you always thought would be there.  It's just not right.  He meant a lot to me.  I feel like a different person than I was before Thursday.  I feel numb - lost.  He was a good friend for so many years.

I treasure the time I spent with Michael.  We'd go shopping together, go to Disneyland, take trips, spend time at Dad's house.  He'd just come over and set up camp at my dad's house for a while.  I enjoyed talking about music, eating together and having fun with Michael.  We were just good friends, that's the best way I can put it.  He was always there for me when I needed him, and I'd like to think I was always there for him.

I don't really have a single memory of Michael that sticks out.  It's hard to do when you've been friends as long as we have.  My best memories are of the time we spent talking, him hugging me, having good conversations, and making him laugh - I really enjoyed making him laugh.  I could say some things - just a few words in his ear, and I could get a laugh out of him.  And boy, did he have an infectious laugh.

Above all, Michael was a very caring person.  He had a lot of love in his heart.  He cared about everybody, especially the people on the street.  He wasn't stuck up - he had no ego, and he tried to make time for everybody because he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  If he thought he did something wrong, it would really bother him.  He had more love than anyone I know.

The Michael I saw everyday was one that loved his kids.  They were his main focus.  He was a very busy man, but he always made sure the kids were being looked after.

What a lot of people may not realize about Michael, is how good a businessman he was.  The tour he was planning is a perfect example.  He was a perfectionist, and he knew exactly what he wanted and how to get it.  Everything regarding the tour had to be approved by Michael.  Just because he hasn't been on TV or out in public a lot recently,  that doesn't mean he wasn't busy and active.  A lot of people have speculated he was really stressed over the tour, but I don't think he was.  He went through the same routines he did for past tours.

I've thought about whether there were any similarities between Michael and my dad, and I cannot think of a single one.  You've heard opposites attract?  I think that explains their friendship.  They had absolutely nothing in common, but when you got them together, you couldn't tear them apart.  He loved my dad, and they spent many days together at Dad's house and at Neverland.  They were very close.

Michael was instrumental helping my father through the last few years of his life.  For that I will always be indebted to him.  Dad had a hard time breathing in his final days, and he was on oxygen much of the time.  He loved the outdoors, so Michael would invite him over to Neverland.  Dad could name all the trees there, and the flowers, but being on oxygen it was hard for him to get around and see them all, it's such a big place.  So Michael got Dad a golf cart with a portable oxygen tank so he could go around and enjoy Neverland.  They'd just drive around - Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando, with an oxygen tank in a golf cart.

Some of the best times I spent with Michael were just sitting on a bench at Disneyland's "Main Street."  We would just sit there and people watch.  Sometimes Michael would be in a getup so people wouldn't recognize him - but they always did.  When he was in a bad mood or a little down, I'd just say "Michael, the bench,"  and that would bring him out of it.  If I knew he wanted to have fun, or just get away, I'd say "let's go to the bench," and we were gone.

Of course, Michael Jackson in a public place like Disneyland was bound to draw crowds, and sometimes we would have park security with us.  But they weren't there to protect Michael, they were there to protect the crowds.  He was never really concerned about himself, but that someone would get hurt in the crush of people that wanted to see him.  People would just go crazy when they saw Michael Jackson.

Michael rarely cried, but I think he'd be in tears over the reaction to his death.  He'd be overwhelmed and happy that so much of the love he gave was returned by the people he loved.  I think he'd take a deep breath and just say thank you.

The family is still planning the funeral, but I think Michael would want it to be a celebration.  He would want everybody there.  He loved his fans.  I've been around plenty of big movie stars, but Michael's fans are beyond fans.  He knew the fans were what made him, and he wouldn't want to leave anyone out.  Everywhere he went, fans would be there.  He'd tell me the fans always knew what he was doing.  I don't think anyone has ever had fans like that.  So Michael would want a funeral that included his fans and made them happy.  He would want it to say: "I'm still with you and we'll always be together."  He was happy, and he wanted to make everybody around him happy.  Finally, he would want love.  Above all, Michael was about love.

Filed under: LKL Web Exclusive • Michael Jackson

Marcy in WV            June 29th, 2009 10:20 pm ET

I, too, thank you, Miko Brando and Lou Ferrigno, for sharing your friendships with Michael with us. It is a comfort to know that Michael had friends like you, and your father, Miko. You have confirmed what people all over the world have always "known" about Michael. Bless you both for standing up for Michael, the man he chose to be, and the man he was – a shining star without equal here on Earth..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 31, 2010, 12:37:40 AM
Thank you, Pepper, for sharing this article. It's very interesting. I remember watching Miko reveal these memories about Michael. I know that people react differently to grief and stress but Miko's reaction was too business like. In fact, I like Miko a lot and have the utmost respect and admiration for him because of his loyalty and friendship to Michael. But, he didn't seem to be a person in mourning.

I believe that Miko is one who knows the truth but knows how to keep quiet. God bless him for his faithfulness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

pepper

December 31, 2010, 09:29:57 AM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I believe that Miko is one who knows the truth but knows how to keep quiet. God bless him for his faithfulness.

Yes. I am thankful that Michael has a friend like Miko.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions