3:24pm UK, Tuesday July 27, 2010

Lorna Blount, Sky News Online
Brittany Murphy's mother has dismissed claims that her daughter and son-in-law were killed by toxic mould found at their home.

Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack died within months of each other

Sharon Murphy said the rumours surrounding Brittany and her husband Simon Monjack's deaths were "absurd".

It was recently claimed health officers were looking into the possibility that a type of black mould had formed in the couple's Hollywood home, where Sharon still lives.

Speaking to people.com, Sharon denied the claims, saying: "I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the health department to come and inspect my home for mould.

"In the last eight months, I have been through the most unimaginable events, which no one could ever fathom.

"I have and will continue to be very co-operative and fully comply with any such request."

When 32-year-old Clueless star Brittany collapsed and died in the shower of her Hollywood home in December, an inquest ruled that she died from pneumonia complicated by her use of prescription drugs.

Barely five months later, Murphy's screenwriter husband Simon Monjack, 40, went into cardiac arrest and died of the same causes at the same house.

The revelation last week from the Los Angeles Coroners Office that Monjack died of pneumonia just like his wife prompted speculation something within the house could have affected their lungs.

Mould affects millions of people every year, with infants, elderly, and those with pre-existing health conditions at much higher risk of illness as a result of exposure.

The symptoms of mould poisoning range from a rash and cold and flu-like effects to neurological damage and even death.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions