DoTopic starter

Moving story about Michael from Karen
July 29, 2010, 04:30:06 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What More Can I Give
Michael dedicated his entire life to sharing what was in his heart at all costs. He was an expert at hiding his own pain, so he could serve others.  This is a story I wrote a while back that illustrates how many of those working on THIS IS IT, the crew and many staff, never saw his pain.  Michael was being threatened, but he also had a deep feeling of responsibility to his family and fans to bring what moments of joy he could, to a world that was experiencing so much pain, from financial strife, war and to environmental destruction.  As soon as Michael left his dressing room…it was Showtime.

Michael was headlining two benefit concerts for the International Red Cross, Nelson Mandela’s Children’s Fund, and UNESCO. MICHAEL JACKSON AND FRIENDS. The roster of performers and their entourage flew from Seoul, Korea where the first concert was held, to Munich on a chartered plane. It was such a wonderful flight because we were able to spend some time and get to know everyone. There were performers from all over the world. We arrived at the Munich Olympic Stadium in the afternoon on June 27, 1999 to prepare for Michael’s evening appearance. Michael introduced Andrea Bocelli in the late afternoon. The sun was setting. The darkness changed the entire feeling of the arena. It was a hot summer evening. The crowd had been enjoying performances by other artists all day: Luther Vandross, The Kelly Brothers, Ringo Starr… but it seemed the audience was waiting for Michael. The excitement was building. Magically, the stage was being transformed with emerging walls of lights, screens and equipment that had been created for Michael’s show, that were hidden behind the other performances. Michael Jackson, Michael Bush and myself were using the last minutes to take care some details in the dressing room, just stage right. A long check list: Microphones, wires, wardrobe changes, towels, song list, ice, Gatorade, fans, grease paints, powder. Michael did some stretches to warm up, as the lights lowered in the house. I could feel the energy of anticipation the crowd directed towards us. Any hint of Michael’s appearance created excited chaos in the crowd. He would peek out at the audience from behind the curtains. The band came up the back stairs. Michael met them for the traditional prayer joining their hands. The show began with all the frenzy and excitement that they all did. We have been doing this for many years. After I prepared for the next change, I watched from stage right. Everything was going perfectly…. the medley…Beat It…Black or White with Slash…Billie Jean. The local performers for Earth Song started filing on stage. Earth Song began… then the bridge appeared, just as it had done in Korea. The children and adults slowly entered and filled the stage. The song builds…. Michael flies up the bridge and gyrates and pounds his feet, twirls as the bridge lifts away from its braces. Smoke, explosions, bombard our eyes and ears…the bridge continues higher and higher, but unlike rehearsals, and the last show…. it didn’t pause at its pinnacle… INSTEAD it came careening down gaining speed with Michael tightly grasping the railings… still singing. I started screaming, but I could not even hear my own voice over the pyro, music, and the audience. I started running out from behind the stage in horror as the bridge quickly disappeared below the front of the stage, slamming down on the concrete floor. Security grabbed and stopped me, thinking I was going to ruin the performance. Backstage, there was crying and screaming, only the crew and performers knew there was something desperately wrong. From our vantage point we had lost sight of Michael, as the bridge had fallen below the front of the stage. My heart stopped beating, while in the strong arms of a perplexed security guard. Even though the show continued for everyone else, time stood still for me, as I could not imagine how Michael could have survived such a fall. But slowly, and after what seemed like an eternity, as the music and applause continued, I saw one arm reach for the floor of the stage…then a long lean leg, another arm, another leg…he was up, center stage… finishing the end of Earth Song! My mouth dropped open in relieved amazement. Looking dazed, he made his way to our side of the stage. “Michael, sit down….” ”NO!” He demanded. ”Security… please get him to the hospital!” I was begging. “NO!” He grabbed the microphone and ran out to finish performing “You Are Not Alone”. I could not believe what I was witnessing. He finished the song, took his final bow, and returned once again to his stage dressing room and then… collapsed. Security whisked him off to a hospital in Munich. Band members, dancers, Slash and crewmembers all shocked and amazed at what we had witnessed wrapped up the show with prayers in our hearts. Once back in the hotel… I started making the phone calls to find out how he was. I got the reports that nothing was broken, but he was badly bruised, and his back was very badly strained. It had been a miracle. Being the performer he was, he knew how to land. The next day we were to leave for Paris for a photo shoot. This had been postponed until he was better. I asked him…why did you continue? I cannot believe you were able to do that. ”You know Turkle, the only thing that I heard in my head, was my father’s voice saying to me, MICHAEL, DON’T DISAPPOINT THE AUDIENCE

also watch

[youtube:316ow0j3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIFLhR-BGA[/youtube:316ow0j3]

I haven't heard about that accident before. Wow, this is why we love this man so much! Always thinking about others. The confusion on his face after he felt down was heartbreaking especially when you know that he was in pain. Poor Michael.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

mumof3

Re: Moving story about Michael from Karen
July 29, 2010, 04:45:45 PM
I know it is on you tube it is amazing how he does not miss a beat but you can see in his eyes he is in shock
Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:46:41 PM by mumof3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 29, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
"MICHAEL, DON’T DISAPPOINT THE AUDIENCE"

That makes me rather sad. :

MICHAEL, THINK ABOUT YOURSELF! I hope he's doing that now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

July 29, 2010, 05:05:53 PM
:cry:  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 29, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
Karen Faye = drama queen

Read what she has said about Kenny in her comments to this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

July 29, 2010, 05:41:49 PM
Yes Michael had been waiting for the sorry about the bridge , but if Michael was really annoyed about the bridge he woudnt have hired him again he would have kept away from him so he trusted kenny.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Disco

July 29, 2010, 05:55:19 PM
Quote from: "mumof3"
Yes Michael had been waiting for the sorry about the bridge , but if Michael was really annoyed about the bridge he woudnt have hired him again he would have kept away from him so he trusted kenny.

Very true, for some reason KF is always going at Kenny, She's always complaining about something or someone, in the early days it was AEG but then she got her cheque & stopped going on about them, she's always going on about SONY  :roll:
I'll never forget her FB status the night before the premier of TII
" I won't be walking the red carpet to see TII, it would be like walking in Michael's blood"
She upset alot of fans that were going to the movie & then she ended up going the next week anyway!!  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

July 29, 2010, 06:29:21 PM
Michael im speechless. Your heart~~ thats the reason i love you. You completely and totally give it away to your fans. I Love you. Thats all i can say. sigh....   :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~~spreading the love~~~lets heal the world~~
~~Oklahomas most dedicated fan....Sheryll~~
~~~~~~~I Love U Michael~~~~~~~

July 29, 2010, 06:36:27 PM
Look.. Im not being funny or facsious with this following comment.   But Karen is really annoying me with this and being such a drama queen.

I know MJ was a perfectionist and a workaholic.

He had a fall.  Ok, thats very traumatic and he had injuries from it.

However, accidents happen.   Ive also been injured in my line of work, and i havent moaned.  Ive carried on as best as i could.   Soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are coming home without legs and are learning to walk again against all the odds, and they do it with humility and no self pity.

I dont think MJ would agree with this hullabaloo that she is creating over an accident.   Maybe Kenny didnt apologise, but MJ obviously didnt care that much about it because he rehired him for TII.   (or maybe thats the reason he rehired him for TII...  to make him another fall guy and take some blame???)

Im just trying to say that Karen trying to make MJ into some kind of angelic hero doesnt wash with me.  He was a human being.  He knew he was a human being.  He knew he was a perfectionist and he knew he was lucky to be doing what he was doing with the talent he possessed.

I cant help feeling this is all about karens agenda...  her agenda and vendetta against Kenny Ortega and not about Michael or his fans at all.

PEACE. x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 29, 2010, 07:37:45 PM
Okay - I have seen the video, the story, the fall, etc. a couple of times and it makes me cringe every time and stare in amazement at the stamina, the determination, and the true will power that Michael displayed in getting through that performance. Not to mention he had to have been in incredible shape to withstand a fall like that. You could see after the fall that he was in pain and it's amazing that he continued. I felt really bad for him but I'm sure if it happened 100 times it would have ended the same way for Michael because he is always in control from what I've seen.

Edit: - Aren't you also just a little thankful because just a few minutes before there were several people above and below that bridge. Think of how it could have ended...I'm sure Michael was thankful it ended with no other injuries.

Anyway - the beginning statements of Karen's story are really confusing to me. Is she saying Michael was threatened as in recently or was she putting this in the context of the story? When she talks about many have not witnessed his pain is she talking physical pain, emotional pain, or both and is she talking as in TII time frame or when the story took place in the 90's?

it's just an odd start to her story and it has me confused. Am I the only one? I know she's a drama queen but...

One more thing - seeing over and over and over again the sheer inner strength that Michael possessed I find it really hard to believe that off stage he would have trouble handling the slightest of pain as has been reported. Yes, I know he was totally different on stage but I don't believe he was a total wimp that transformed into superman when in front of a crowd.

Moving story about Michael from Karen

New postby Do » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:30 pm
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... an-i-give/

What More Can I Give
Michael dedicated his entire life to sharing what was in his heart at all costs. He was an expert at hiding his own pain, so he could serve others. This is a story I wrote a while back that illustrates how many of those working on THIS IS IT, the crew and many staff, never saw his pain. Michael was being threatened, but he also had a deep feeling of responsibility to his family and fans to bring what moments of joy he could, to a world that was experiencing so much pain, from financial strife, war and to environmental destruction. As soon as Michael left his dressing room…it was Showtime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Hazzely

July 29, 2010, 08:15:48 PM
Right..if she knew this about Kenny why didn't she talk before?? Did she have to wait until Michael's "death" to come up with it?? WHY is she trying to steal his fans? That's DELUSIONAL and SICK
And WHY is she trying to play the victim now?

I'll post this here also

Quote from: "Hazzely"
I tweeted and contacted her on the blog about the petition and seems she gives a s*it
It takes 20s. to sign that and could make other people sign it too, and more important to report that site

If she cared she would have done it. She doesn't. Gimme a break Karen
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

July 29, 2010, 11:01:10 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Look.. Im not being funny or facsious with this following comment.   But Karen is really annoying me with this and being such a drama queen.

However, accidents happen.   Ive also been injured in my line of work, and i havent moaned.  Ive carried on as best as i could.   Soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are coming home without legs and are learning to walk again against all the odds, and they do it with humility and no self pity.

I dont think MJ would agree with this hullabaloo that she is creating over an accident.   Maybe Kenny didnt apologise, but MJ obviously didnt care that much about it because he rehired him for TII.   (or maybe thats the reason he rehired him for TII...  to make him another fall guy and take some blame???)

Im just trying to say that Karen trying to make MJ into some kind of angelic hero doesnt wash with me.  He was a human being.  He knew he was a human being.  He knew he was a perfectionist and he knew he was lucky to be doing what he was doing with the talent he possessed.

I cant help feeling this is all about karens agenda...  her agenda and vendetta against Kenny Ortega and not about Michael or his fans at all.

PEACE. x
VoiceFortheSilent, Dancing, I really agree with you- especially what I out in bold, Dancing. It's weird that this comes up because I was just thinking last night about how especially since the 25th, others have really tried to paint MJ in such a "victim", "martyr" kind of way:
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Yes, I know he was totally different on stage but I don't believe he was a total wimp that transformed into superman when in front of a crowd.

Exactly! It's almost kind of insulting, because he's always had amazing inner strength, but when you see articles like this, and a certain line from that recent Billboard one about how "death" has "feminized" him and "if Madonna were to die tomorrow she would be mourned differently because she presented herself as 'powerful'" or something like that- my gosh! I think the media has really run away with saying emasculating things about him in the last year-and-a-month, and then drama queens like Faye don't help much.. Even a lot of non-believer fans have really bought into that image of him (if it wasn't subconsciously in their heads already, maybe for years) and really underestimate and forget to respect his inner strength and endurance- which is so remarkable and commendable..Plus, as you said, DD, he is, at the end of the day, just a guy like any other, he's not a superhero or angel- Faye is also helping to contribute fantastical ideas to the heads of the same people who used to form packs and stampede like a herd of elephants after him when they spotted him out just trying to live life, screaming and calling his name..That overboard fanaticism is what I dislike about the "fandom",  I wish they would never have been like that in the past, and I hope people have a clearer idea of who he really is since the 25th somehow, through all of these stories..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 29, 2010, 11:04:34 PM
Aww Michael :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

July 29, 2010, 11:10:23 PM
Is she trying to tell us something because why is she sharing this story with us now?  I mean it speaks volumes about Michael, his work ethic, skill and stamina, but most of us have seen this months ago and know of it from youtube and we've heard countless stories like these.

Interesting that KF starts with the title of story "What More Can I Give? and ends with "Michael, Don't Disappoint The Audience"

What might we take away from these bookends of her touching story?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 29, 2010, 11:43:02 PM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

PEACE. x
VoiceFortheSilent, Dancing, I really agree with you- especially what I out in bold, Dancing. It's weird that this comes up because I was just thinking last night about how especially since the 25th, others have really tried to paint MJ in such a "victim", "martyr" kind of way:
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Yes, I know he was totally different on stage but I don't believe he was a total wimp that transformed into superman when in front of a crowd.

Exactly! It's almost kind of insulting, because he's always had amazing inner strength, but when you see articles like this, and a certain line from that recent Billboard one about how "death" has "feminized" him and "if Madonna were to die tomorrow she would be mourned differently because she presented herself as 'powerful'" or something like that- my gosh! I think the media has really run away with saying emasculating things about him in the last year-and-a-month, and then drama queens like Faye don't help much.. Even a lot of non-believer fans have really bought into that image of him (if it wasn't subconsciously in their heads already, maybe for years) and really underestimate and forget to respect his inner strength and endurance- which is so remarkable and commendable..Plus, as you said, DD, he is, at the end of the day, just a guy like any other, he's not a superhero or angel- Faye is also helping to contribute fantastical ideas to the heads of the same people who used to form packs and stampede like a herd of elephants after him when they spotted him out just trying to live life, screaming and calling his name..That overboard fanaticism is what I dislike about the "fandom",  I wish they would never have been like that in the past, and I hope people have a clearer idea of who he really is since the 25th somehow, through all of these stories..

I so agree with you. I, like so many of you, didn't follow Michael the way the fans that you describe did. I was someone who grew up with his music, wandered away in my 20's to other types of music, but always held a respect and admiration for the man Michael Jackson. Throughout the years I can honestly say that I never believed what the tabloids preached. It made me ill to see the way they degraded him. The biggest source of confusion for me throughout the years was the fact that when he performed it was evident how strong and agile he was yet when he was off stage he was portrayed as sick and frail. I settled in my heart that the off stage portrayal was a mixture of what Michael was portrayed by the media and what Michael wanted the media to believe. I never bought it. You can do a lot of things but you cannot go onstage and perform the way he does if he's not in top shape. I don't know much about Karen Faye but she seems like someone who wants to be considered a lot closer to Michael than she probably is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal