Serenitys_Dream

A while back I asked for some help to identify some paintings from the video for the song "Scream". Wishingstar confirmed for me that the following painting was of Andy Warhol. I think that the following is why that painting of Warhol may be significant. Another connection to Elvis and Egypt! (thank you Kylie)

[youtube:1ed7l6fi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P4A1K4lXDo[/youtube:1ed7l6fi]

Warhol devoted much of his time to rounding up new, rich patrons for portrait commissions– including Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, his wife Empress Farah Pahlavi, his sister Princess Ashraf Pahlavi, Mick Jagger, Liza Minnelli, John Lennon, Diana Ross, Brigitte Bardot, and Michael Jackson.

He also used as imagery for his paintings newspaper headlines or photographs of mushroom clouds, electric chairs, and police dogs attacking civil rights protesters.

The highest price ever paid for a Warhol painting is $100 million for a 1963 canvas titled Eight Elviseson November 26, 2009.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Eight Elvises by Andy Warhol

The song "Scream" is from the HIStory album. which was released in 2001.
The HIStory Album CD booklet also contains the picture of a statue of Michael as Egyptian Pharaoh Khafre.

Khafre or Khafra
Was an Egyptian pharaoh of the Fourth dynasty, who had his capital at Memphis. Khafre was the builder of the second largest pyramid in the Giza Necropolis complex. Most modern Egyptologists also credit him with the building of the Great Sphinx. His name, Khaf-Ra, means "Appearing like Ra" for some translators and "rise Ra!" for others; the meaning is most probably the first, according to the hieroglyphic representing his name, which includes that crown. The name of Khafre's pyramid at Giza—which is the second largest of the 3 famous pyramids of Giza—means "Khafre is Great" in Egyptian.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Eight Elvises is a 1963 silkscreen painting by American pop artist Andy Warhol of Elvis Presley.[1] On November 26, 2009, The Economist  reported that the painting was sold by Italian collector Annibale Berlingieri to a private collector brokered by Philippe Ségalot, a French art consultant for $100 million, making it one of the most expensive paintings.In which described Warhol as the "bellwether of the art market."

The picture of Eight Elvis, a 12 ft canvas was part of a much larger 37 feet canvas with 16 Elvises.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Elvis and Egypt?  Has anyone mentioned the film "Bubba Ho-Tep"?

"The drama makes this movie special but the comedy is equally good. The back-story of the true Elvis is classic. Tired of the limelight, Elvis trades lives with an Elvis impersonator. It is that person who got fat and died on the toilet, not the real Elvis. The real Elvis grew old and is now stuck in a nursing home that is being tormented by an ancient soul-sucking mummy."

[youtube:1kbiweos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1kbiweos]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are truly amazing Serenity!  I do think Scream is a very interesting video.  I see something different each time I watch it.  Andy Warhol was a favorite among the stars.  One of Michael's portraits by him sold again just last year.

I still wonder what the other art is in Scream.  Warhol, Pollock and Magritte are the artists that stand out to me.  The wide variety of art in also interesting.  We see manga, pop art painting, abstract expressionism, surrealism, and various types of sculpture in the video.  It's amazing.

Thanks for the post Serenity!  
Blessings Always!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "wishingstar"
You are truly amazing Serenity!  I do think Scream is a very interesting video.  I see something different each time I watch it.  Andy Warhol was a favorite among the stars.  One of Michael's portraits by him sold again just last year.

I still wonder what the other art is in Scream.  Warhol, Pollock and Magritte are the artists that stand out to me.  The wide variety of art in also interesting.  We see manga, pop art painting, abstract expressionism, surrealism, and various types of sculpture in the video.  It's amazing.

Thanks for the post Serenity!  
Blessings Always!

I posted about the magna already, the two animes used in scream are akira and babel II.

Akira
Tetsuo, and his gang of biker friends. (Think "Bad")
Tetsuo slowly comes to realize that he has incredible telepathic powers for he has evolutionized to an incredibly higher state of being.
The government fears that Tetsuo will become a threat as did Akira, a young boy who, much like Tetsuo, had intense powers.
Akira was thought to be too much a threat and was quickly killed.

Babel II
Babel II is a 1971 manga series by Mitsuteru Yokoyama.
Yokoyama also wrote a sequel manga located in a parallel universe, His name is 101
The series follows Koichi, a Japanese schoolboy who learns he is the reincarnation of the alien entity "Babel".
As such, Koichi is entrusted with Babel's powers and joined by three protectors: Rodem, a shape-shifting black panther; a Pteradactyl-like flying creature; and Poseidon, a giant robot that always rises from the depth of the ocean when summoned.
The boy hero commands his new found powers and companions to defend the Earth.

Black panther shape shifting in Moonwalker. Giant robot - Light man

Magritte
Is the "Son Of Man" painting. "Apple head" is Michael's nickname. The apple head photo gallery on TMZ. Son of Man is also a name for Jesus and the Messiah.

There is a statue of Athena
Athena is a Goddess of the Moon. She is comparable to both the Goddesses Diana and Isis.

Statue of Budha - meditation, higher consciousness and Dualism.

The guy on the big screen - a priest without his collar. A symbol of falsities in religion.

Haven't figured out the Pollock and that faceless head statue yet.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Eight Elvises is a 1963 silkscreen painting by American pop artist Andy Warhol of Elvis Presley.[1] On November 26, 2009, The Economist  reported that the painting was sold by Italian collector Annibale Berlingieri to a private collector brokered by Philippe Ségalot, a French art consultant for $100 million, making it one of the most expensive paintings.In which described Warhol as the "bellwether of the art market."

The picture of Eight Elvis, a 12 ft canvas was part of a much larger 37 feet canvas with 16 Elvises.

What struck me about all this was the number Eight....isn't that number as prevalent and symbolic in Elvis' life as the number Seven is in Michael's?

Hmmmmmm......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Serenitys_Dream

This isn't the "Scream" video but another connection to Elvis posted on the other forum.

Quote from: "punk_chick"
ALL ROADS LEAD TO ELVIS! HE'S THE KEY!

MJ's Version : The graphic novel "Fated" was penned by Michael Jackson himself and it's about a pop star who has become so lonely and abandoned in his fame that he attempts suicide by jumping off a bridge. However, the character survives the jump and does not let anyone know. As the "living dead" the character watches undercover as he becomes somewhat supernatural following the events of his death.

Elvis's Version : Back in 1997, a writer named "Gail Giorgio" wrote a fictional story 3 days after Elvis's death (and in those first days after his death, there weren't rumors about Elvis being alive...). She starts writing this novel called "Orion" by inpiring from Elvis. "Orion" is the story of a popular rock star who fakes his death to escape the pressures of fame. It talks about how he stages his own death by using a wax dummy as himself to be buried and how he gets a new identity and live behind a mask and get away with his father and etc.

Pretty much soooo weird that the both books have same story!!!  :shock:  (wth-)

the following pic is the cover of "Orion"'s second eddition book.

Quote from: "Lurker7"
But Orion exists (I think) I read this guy actually had concerts, and some people believed he is Elvis. He did look a bit similar.

Inspired by the book "Orion", one of Elvis's impersonator called Jimmy Ellis liked the idea of Orion (Elvis behind a mask) and used it for his own show, his own albums... despite being an appearance impersonator, Jimmy Ellis's voice was so much like Elvis that one could get wrong in identifying them.

donno why but this Jimmy Ellis guy, reminds me of Jason Malachi!!

Quote from: "michelle"
The release of Fated was set to be in June, 2010, it's August now. Has it been released or no, or have I missed it?

Actually it was to be released in June 2010, remember the publisher "Random House" said it would be published in June??!!! So this means the story was finished and ready to be published!! Then why in the heck did Gotham Chopra said the story doesn't have an ending yet!!!???   Plus, what the heck did Gotham mean when he was asked when Fated would be completed? And he tweeted "it won't truly be finished until the world can see it!"

Quote from: "michelle"
The strange part is that, Aliceofneverlan sent Random House Publishing an email asking them about the book, and they told her that: They don't have that book in their system for the next 9-12 months. And they are not planning on Publishing that title. In 9 months it'll be December 2010 which is past September 2010.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the history album didnt come out in 2001, it came out in 1995
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

Serenitys_Dream

Quote from: "m8ighty"
the history album didnt come out in 2001, it came out in 1995
oh well, I was never a fan and I don't own any of his music. I googled it and I misread what I got back. That doesn't change anything about the actual important things in the post though.

I misread this: The first disc, HIStory Begins, was a 15-track greatest hits album, and was later reissued as Greatest Hits – HIStory Vol. I in 2001, while the second disc, HIStory Continues, contained 15 new songs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions