It is interesting to attempt to cross the DOTS! in fact, I found it more challenging than I thought!
This is my theory on why Michael decided to fake his death and how he pulled it off; I am sure much more could have been written but then again more is often less...  ;)
Any feedback welcome.

1.   Background
The idea of the hoax probably started to take shape in the late 80’s but the decision to drive it into execution is likely to be more recent, sometime between 2003 and 2006 I would guess.
There are a number of reasons why Michael decided to go ahead with it and those are summarised below:
-Getting away from traditions and redefining the meaning of entertainment by taking it to the next level; doing something never done before and possibly never dreamt before that will for ever change the way the music industry operates
-Clearing his name and rebuilding an image destroyed by false allegations, greed and jealousy.
-Taking revenge on those who tried to destroy him over the years by exposing their deception, this includes ridiculing well know media outlets
-Creating a new awareness of the World suffering/Who is pulling the strings using NWO references and spiritual concepts such as the second coming of Jesus, the Ark of the Covenant and 2012 to inspire the masses into action.  (Note: I do believe in Michael being an exceptional human being, I do believe in his spiritual enlightenment and I do feel the connection…  :)  :)  )  

2.   The Plot
Over 10 years after his last tour, Superstar Michael Jackson announces that he is coming back on stage to perform 10 shows at the O2 arena in London.  Media frenzy follows, 10 shows become 50 as fans fights for tickets, the rumour mill soon starts: his health, his managers, his look…etc; as the July 8th show gets delayed to July 13th, all it seems is not as well as it could be!
His death in suspicious circumstances on the 25th June creates shockwaves throughout the World and as millions are watching the trial for justice, the truth about the man slowly emerges… and Michael Jackson is seen rising from the dead… to save a World that is now fighting for its survival….

3.   The Characters
Some characters involved in minor element of the Hoax may not necessarily know that Michael is alive and may have been given a different rational. (e.g. We are a game company and want to set-up a hoax website...)
Michael Jackson (Director + “Back” + TS + star appearances as Blond Lady, Dave Dave)
Jackson Family
“Doctor” Murray
Kenny Ortega
McClain
Branca
Tom Mesereau
Harvey Levin
+ Others (AEG -P. Anshultz and R Phillips-, LMP, Coroner, Frank Dileo, Karen Faye, some paid staff/critical players in government, Paul Anka, close friends…etc)

4.   The behind the scene Storyline
Pre-March 2009: Confidentiality agreements, contracts are drafted with the main players. It is possible that the Hoax was described as a major artistic project and that governmental support was granted on this basis or targeted “government officials were quietly generously rewarded for their support…  
Various internet domain names are identified, some purchased and even built (Not live!) ready for the Big day; the whole Hoax is very carefully scripted (to the DOT) so that each player knows exactly what to do and when, rehearsals may have even taken place!  Key communication channels have been identified so that relevant Hoax information can conveniently hit the public when required… The article on the Ark of the Covenant published around the 25th June falls in this category and helps to create an aura of mystery…
“Insiders” such as “Back” (MJ himself) have posted enough hoax relevant information prior to the 25th to validate themselves as genuine insiders, their posts are waiting to be found to add further mystery to the Hoax…

March to June 25th 2009: Setting the scene for the come back of Michael Jackson – creating some doubts in people’s mind on what is really going on… Such a confusion that it makes you want to scream!
This is the time where the Hoax really starts, this is TII (Do not confuse with This is it rehearsals footage), this is the real life thriller and the public is now watching a real life Thriller – they just don’t know they are!

June 25th 2009: Michael Jackson departs from his assumed Holmsby residence to the airport late morning before the 911 call is made. In the meanwhile, the scenario unrolled, an “assistant” or possibly MJ himself calls 911 to attend to a sick man; when the medics arrive they find a dead body (A Purchased body that had been given to science is used) they are told is MJ, all resuscitations efforts fail and they leave the house with the body (No lights flashing).  A second vehicle may have been loaded with an MJ lookalike doll to ensure the scene was picked up by the “press: quickly…
In UCLA, “Hoax staff “ takes charge of the proceedings and ensure the body and all related information is dealt with as planned.  Conveniently an alarmed is sounded to add confusion and support the execution of the plan.
Michael’s death is announced by TMZ 6 minutes before his brother made the official announcement, positioning TMZ as an insider into the Hoax at a very early stage.
All events conveniently captured on films (such as the helicopter or the ambulance rides) were carefully scripted so that to create doubts in people’s mind – doubt triggers curiosity!
Whilst all of this is happening the real MJ is in a plane… getting out of sight.

June 26th to September 3rd: Michael’s death has hardly been announced that conspiracy theories do start and some internet sites are very quickly opening up to members – this is all part of the plan with “insiders” spreading the clues!
As the public is mourning the death of a “hero”, the memorial preparation gets on the way in the Staple Centre (Conveniently another AEG owned venue). The PT Barnum circus announces the start of the show on the 7th July! MJ may have attended his own memorial as the Blond Lady, he just could not resist the thrill of it!  The worldwide transmission of the memorial on TV and via the Internet is an integral part of demonstrating the ever popularity of Michael Jackson despite all of the attempts at destroying his reputation – It may be an Heavenly stage but it is still the largest audience any artist has ever reached to in one show!  
More clues are spread during this period to add to the mystery of Michael’s death and stories keep appearing in the press… Confusion! Oh Confusion!
This takes us to the Funeral on the 3rd September, the funeral scenes  (Dancers as  “valets”, Liberian girls pictures, full moon, evening event...) add further to the mystery surrounding this suspicious death. The Estate having purchased a number of spaces at Forest Lawn, has most probably stated that for privacy reasons Michael’s body was going to be buried elsewhere but wanted to keep the public believing that he was buried here until further arrangements could be made – Simple to do, money can buy silence!

September 4th 2009 until September 30th 2010: Clues more clues! 333 pages of on FBI report on the 21/12!
The investigation into the circumstances of the death, places Dr Conrad Murray (An Actor) in the spot light, the proceeding are slow as the hoax needs to unfold before the case is over.
The court case is played, only paid members of the LAPD/DA are involved.
TMZ in the meanwhile continues in keeping MJ in the news and offers primarily a positive coverage. (Too positive would be obvious but 70% positive does the “job”!)
TS (Previously Study on MJHD) starts “mysterious” redirects in October 2009, playing a “puppet master” role in guiding the “conspiracy theorist” to the truth…
This period accounts to one year of playtime where many clues have been discussed, accepted or discarded…

5.   Positioning of the ARG
The Hoax was designed to involve the “public” in finding the truth about Michael Jackson (His death, His beliefs, His character, his enemies) through discussions forums on various topics and gradually leading to the “players” thinking more for themselves and taking actions (as teams or individuals) on the key messages emerging from the Hoax. It is even possible that Michael may involve himself directly with a small team of believers he sees as critical to achieving his goals, a "test" may indeed be a "test"!
When the message has been understood, the time will come for bigger clues that will bring more and more people to the Hoax forums and when this is achieved and Michael is confident he has a critical mass of people understanding his message, I believe the BAM will come. In all cases BAM needs to happen before the end of 2012, as this is the time when people are the most likely to be receptive to his message!
Through the use of “insiders”, Michael has got ways to slow or speed up the discovery of the truth, though there may also be other events that are not fully under his control.  The question however is how much does a perfectionist leave to chance?

With L.O.V.E  :)  :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

YOU ARE AMAZING.....
I love your question at the end.....chance, indeed.
Throughout this hoax, I have been drawn to one phrase continuously:  What are the chances of that?

Brilliant RunningGirl  :)
Thank you!

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

TheRunningGirl - it's obvious that you've put a lot of time, energy, and thought into this post. I thought it was brilliant. It has tied some of my personal questions and beliefs together as well. While I am sure there may be more to it than stated (and I hope we don't have to wait until 2012) what you write does seem highly plausible.

I often wonder about various websites and even hoax sites that miraculously appeared the day after June 25th and soon thereafter. Also, the family's activities seem like they've been in the planning stages a lot longer than they state. They were all conveniently planning on a comeback when this "unfortunate" event happened. This thrust them all back into the spotlight, re-ingnighting  careers that had all but dwindled to nothing, as well as creating a huge break not only to the younger Jackson clan but also young artists who looked up to Michael. What this has done goes without saying for the impersonators. Everyone is profiting off of this. And they all seem ready and excited for the show.

It's interesting that it takes so long to plan the smallest of weddings yet the memorial which over 20,000 attended in person and millions more watched was put together in a couple of weeks. Did anyone look exhausted? No. And that amazed me then and still amazes me now.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

bec

Hats off, holy moly, you win Running Girl. Incredible.

The only part that makes me squirm a bit is the body for science attended by EMTs at Carrolwood part. The presence of an actual dead person is a tough part with legality to keep in mind. That's always been a sticking point with me, I don't see a way to get around it.

But otherwise, and especially the ARG part, I'm with you 100%. Great read!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Wow, that's an amazing summary, well done!

Can I ask a general question though. Obviously there are a number of reasons for the hoax, but can we say Michael has done this to take entertainment to a new medium for Thriller II or to spread the message of L.O.V.E or both? I'm just skeptical on whether there is one reason more so than another or whether there are multiple reasons. Do forgive me, I have comprehension troubles so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate that :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

Quote from: "nick_93"

Can I ask a general question though. Obviously there are a number of reasons for the hoax, but can we say Michael has done this to take entertainment to a new medium for Thriller II or to spread the message of L.O.V.E or both? I'm just skeptical on whether there is one reason more so than another or whether there are multiple reasons. Do forgive me, I have comprehension troubles so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate that :)

I, personally, believe that there are several reasons which is why we are having so much trouble nailing down just one. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

TheRunningGirl,

His theory was very well placed and interesting, congratulations. :)  I just like to point out that perhaps the planning of the hoax began in the late '90s, because at 80, Michael was the construction of a series of projects and dreams, both professional and personal, among them, Neverland. And considering also that this phase of his life was all very well, professionally and personally, his relationship with Sony, a contract with Pepsi, record sales and products related to your brand, change of domicile of their parents and Of course, there was not any kind of prosecution / complaint against the integrity of his character / morals in relation to children.

Now for the "hoax," so many questions and doubts if he really exists and how it was done or what seems too complicated, with the participation of law and justice, many people, instead of resorting to a simple action: accident shipwreck or plane, for example? :?  :roll:

However, if death occurred due to fraud, and we see enormous revenues from the sale of albums, movies, games, etc., they strongly indicate that MJ will not return, ever! I need not enumerate the problems with the law and with the rest of the world, if he comes back.  :?  :roll:  :?:

Moreover, the history (real) may be the opposite, Michael was killed deliberately and involved nodes in the result of a conspiracy that leads us to think otherwise (hoax), where everything was meticulously planned for years. Why? Because MJ had every reason in the world to plan and execute his fake death (which you mentioned a few), but MJ would not do that with your children, family and fans. MJ a warrior, strong, "I have rhinoceros skin"!
Just to name a few things in the least strange is the sudden death of Pedro Lopez and Evan Chandler.

I often think that we mere mortals will never know the truth, until someone with the courage to come tell the world what really happened with MJ! This can happen, who knows, hence the many, many years or not, as Michael himself said something like "What is written in history books, not true!"  :cry:

Excuse me, but I'm very, very negativistic about the possible hoax, especially in the last days! :?  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Brilliant work Running Girl!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you all for your feedback - It is much appreciated.

Quote from: "Bec"
The only part that makes me squirm a bit is the body for science attended by EMTs at Carrolwood part. The presence of an actual dead person is a tough part with legality to keep in mind. That's always been a sticking point with me, I don't see a way to get around it.
Hey! Bec - Good point, I totally agree that using a dead body has got all sorts of legal implications and it would have been very difficult to realise. In addition the probability of a corpse being available on the desired date would have needed to be considered.  The reasons why I favoured this theory over the doll or MJ alive getting to UCLA theory is because I felt that, succeeding in getting a dead body into UCLA, would reduce the number of people needing to be in the know and give the Hoax a stronger foundation from the start... Risks taken up-front means less to worry about later?

Quote from: "Voiceofthesilent"
Quote from: "nick_93"

Can I ask a general question though. Obviously there are a number of reasons for the hoax, but can we say Michael has done this to take entertainment to a new medium for Thriller II or to spread the message of L.O.V.E or both? I'm just skeptical on whether there is one reason more so than another or whether there are multiple reasons. Do forgive me, I have comprehension troubles so if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate that

I, personally, believe that there are several reasons which is why we are having so much trouble nailing down just one. Blessings.
I see 4 reasons for the Hoax:
1. Getting away from traditions and redefining the meaning of entertainment by taking it to the next level; doing something never done before and possibly never dreamt before that will for ever change the way the music industry operates (A live Thriller for example!)
2. Clearing his name and rebuilding an image destroyed by false allegations, greed and jealousy.
3. Taking revenge on those who tried to destroy him over the years by exposing their deception, this includes ridiculing well know media outlets
4.Creating a new awareness of the World suffering/Who is pulling the strings using NWO references and spiritual concepts such as the second coming of Jesus, the Ark of the Covenant and 2012 to inspire the masses into action. (This is about Love/making the World a better place)

@ Tekamjforever - Have Faith! Everything is possible and I believe we need to be open minded to the possibilities.  Theories are theories until facts prove them right or wrong; they can be debated forever! One can chose to see a glass half full or half empty, I usually go for the half full glass because it makes my life much more enjoyable and those around me much happier!  :)  
My theory is that Michael does genuinely believe he can save the World and this belief makes it worthy of short term sacrifices. The legal side of the Hoax aside, it is conceivable that Michael will most probably be giving the profits accumulated  during his "death" to "worthy" causes on his return so that to demonstrate his commitment to making the World a better place. Who could stand up against such a message?

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks guys for your comments, I'm glad I now have some other opinions on the matter. There certainly is a lot of possibilities which require us to keep an open mind but TheRunningGirl, your original post is very logical and I think that your version of events is very likely. L.O.V.E to all! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

Now THAT is what I would call a "coherent theory". Very well done, thank you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ijcsly

about the entertainment level...
Would'nt it be something if he came back on the day the world is supposed to end!

Loved your amazing theory Running Girl!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "ijcsly"
Would'nt it be something if he came back on the day the world is supposed to end!

That would be frickin' amazing! And you know... I don't think it sounds that crazy especialy after reading Souza's recent post.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "ijcsly"

That would be frickin' amazing! And you know... I don't think it sounds that crazy especialy after reading Souza's recent post.

Thank you Jaci and ijcsly - Much appreciated!

I think Michael has chosen his timing wonderfully well!
Many theories points to 2011/2012 as a time a great awareness and awakening.  I was reading about the Alpha and Omega cycle yesterday and this fits so well with all of the other theories around (Age of aquarius, second coming of the Christ, Mayan Calendar, stars, Egypt, pyramids...etc),
This is one of the website I was looking at:
There is even a website that looks at the periodicity of occurring events in history... 11/11/11 is a big date!

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

You are right about what the dead person bec, for more than what I do not understand, but we must also remember what TMZ public about what the paramedics said, Michael did not recognize, they saw an old man, " who could be that old man?, some terminally ill patient who was in that house that Murray actually cared, I remember what they said about the employees of oxygen tanks, maybe that oxygen was for that person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions