mac5kTopic starter

Malachi ... Michael ... & TMZ ...
October 01, 2010, 05:00:10 PM
Singer Jason Malachi finds that sounding like Jacko can be wacko

Back in 2007, a Pittsburgh radio station broadcast what it thought was a brand new, unreleased Michael Jackson track. The song, "Mamacita," made it all the way to celebrity gossip site TMZ, which wrote of the single, "Either the King of Pop is on a mission to reclaim his throne, or some other smooth criminal is pulling a fast one."

The song was written and recorded by Germantown native Jason Malachi, but he wasn't trying to pull a fast one over on anyone. Malachi didn't attempt to fool people into thinking it was a Michael Jackson track, but it's easy to see why the mistake was made. Although Malachi is a  white guy from MoCo, who works for the sheriff's department, he does sound a lot like Jackson.

"With the TMZ story, it came at a low point in my career, when I started working at the sheriff’s office," Malachi says. "My best friend called me and says, 'Your song "Mamacita" is all over TMZ, they’re saying it’s not you, they're saying it’s Michael Jackson.' Then, my attorney contacted TMZ and, said, 'That's not Michael, that’s Jason Malachi.'"

The next day, a story appeared on TMZ, clearing up the whole thing. The headline: “New Jacko Tracko—Done By a White Guy!”

This was, naturally, a turning point in Malachi's career.

"It catapulted my career, people wanted me to do cameos, shows—they couldn't believe my voice was so similar," says Malachi, who will perform at the 28th Annual Germantown Oktoberfest tomorrow.

"And, I can't confirm this, but at the time, my management said they received a call from Michael, and that he wanted to work with me," Malachi continues. "Now, it could've been someone posing as Michael, but he said he was interested in doing something with me."

The thing is, Malachi insists he isn't trying to sound like Michael at all. “I don’t try to sound like Michael," he says. "Producers tell me I naturally have same vocal structure—that's really how I sound. When people say, 'You're trying to sound like Michael,' I say, 'No, if I wanna sound like Michael, you won’t know the the difference [between me and him]. If you want me to get Mike-ified, I can do it.'"

Even though the resemblance isn't intentional, and Malachi has been releasing studio albums since for years (his latest is Critical), appearing on a site like TMZ opens doors. He has performed in Las Vegas, at a party where Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, of the MTV series The Hills, put in an appearance.  He says that Suge Knight once expressed interest in signing him and flew him out to California. They talked about a record deal while riding horses (Knight's horse was named "Gangster," Malachi says), even though he decided eventually not to sign with the infamous impresario.

But with the increased fame also came increased hate. One commenter on TMZ wrote, “ok....he sounds a lil like michael, but honestly, he doesnt sound EXACTLY like him. hes good, but when mike comes back, he better hold his breath.” Malachi says some especially wacko Jacko fans even found his home numer and began calling him with death threats, telling him to stop stomping on Jackson's turf.

And then, Michael Jackson died in June 2009. And, as the world mourned the King of Pop, things took a strange, but fortuitous turn.

“People will see me and hear music on my Facebook and MySpace, and they think it’s a conspiracy, that I don’t exist and Michael didn’t die," Malachi says. "They talk about how 'Malachi' backwards is 'Michael', it’s crazy. They write these long things..."

Indeed, the Web is filled with strange rants about Malachi and Michael. One fan writes, under the Facebook topic "Jason Malachi is Michael Jackson. All of the evidence is HERE": "Trust me, if there was someone out there who sounded identical to Michael Jackson the way that "Jason Malachi" does, he'd definitely have 15 or 30 minutes of fame. And somehow, the ONLY information you can dig up on Jason Malachi is from his myspace page. This whole thing is WAY to quiet."

Those MJ fans who believe that Malachi does indeed exist seem to be more open to his music now that the real MJ is gone. In missing Michael, some seem to be embracing Malachi. "Before [Jackson died], reaction was about 50/50, of people that liked it or didn't like it," Malachi says. "I was getting threats from people saying, 'You're trying to be like Michael, he's our king, leave him alone.' And then other people were like, 'Oh this is a new chapter.'  After he passed it seemed like a total [positive] transition. "

The singer was even invited to perform at a special event at Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in June, to honor Jackson, performing with established artists such as Angie Stone.

Malachi says that despite having to cram in rehearsals between sheriff duties, he killed it. He brought dancers with him, and even moved the crowd after the CD of music brought started skipping and he had to sing a capella."

“I let crowd pick, I said, 'Y’all wanna hear a Michael Jackson song?' One lady wanted 'Gone Too Soon,' and when I started doing it, I saw people crying," he says. "I did 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin',' which is a hard song to do, and nailed the vocals. But I didn’t want to do Michael's choreography. I didn’t want to be a copycat, I wanted to differentiate."

Malachi also put a couple of his own songs in the set, he says, and passed out CDs, but the Michael songs were the highlight.

"Even my wife sometimes is like, 'Honey, I gotta be honest with you, you sometimes sing Michael's songs better than your songs,'" Malachi says.

Malachi is figuring out exactly how to capitalize on the Jackson-driven interest in his music without venturing into impersonation.

On his latest album, Malachi reworked the track "A Hero Fell," which was originally created for USA Cares, as a song for the troops, into a Jacko tribute. He also says that three of his songs turned up on a Michael Jackson ultimate collection release in China,  "I'm just riding in the Honda with my wife, and we're listening to the set ,and there are songs on there listed as new Michael songs, but they're my songs," Malachi says.

Although Malachi's attorney is on the case, trying to figure out why Malachi's music is on a Jackson comp, the singer says that he can understand the interest in his music from Jacko fans.

"I'm mentioned a lot on Michael Jackson fan websites," he says. "People will say, 'now that Michael's gone, he's the closest thing we've got vocally.'"

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Malachi ... Michael ... & TMZ ...
October 01, 2010, 05:35:05 PM
Very interesting character, this individual Jason malachi is. Appearntly he has been in the music business since the age of 9, is an Italian and has been influenced by the likes of artists such as Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly. he has personally stated that he released his first album at the age of 13, strange coincidences that sorta mirror michael in a sense. yet, if you look him up, you can only view his music. there is not a great deal of information concerning him, although it seems as if he is very talented. This is quite strange. you'd think that a guy of this caliber would break through and be frequently around the web, photos, videos etc, yet all you can find out about him is virtually nothing. and he's been around for a while apparently.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

October 01, 2010, 05:42:49 PM
"I'm mentioned a lot on Michael Jackson fan websites," he says. "People will say, 'now that Michael's gone, he's the closest thing we've got vocally.'"

I wonder what websites he's been looking at? I know I haven't read this anywhere....and I am sorry but nobody in my opinion will ever sound enough like Michael to ever "replace him", even Jason Malachi. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

all4loveandbelieve

October 01, 2010, 09:29:42 PM
Ok listen to the song Mamacita..
Just close your eyes and listen to it, it feels like Michael singing it. It gave me goose bumps. enjoy.. Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

October 01, 2010, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

I wonder what websites he's been looking at? I know I haven't read this anywhere....and I am sorry but nobody in my opinion will ever sound enough like Michael to ever "replace him", even Jason Malachi. Blessings.

My personal view on Jason is that he isn't the artist that we have been introduced to, he may not even exist. I challenge everyone to do some research on this man, and you'll find virtually nothing that pertains to him. No youtube video interviews, no information. is he even touring? He's a talented man, theres no denying that, but we maybe having a discussion about a guy who could be nonexistent! undiscovered artist perhaps. My instincts tell me that Michael may have hired this guy, if he does exist, or something of teh sort, but this is merely a opinion. his inspirations are even similar to michael's! most modern artists don't really pay tribute to fred astire, nate king cole, judy garland and site them as significant influences when dealing with musical inspirations.  

I mean think about it, if hes been around since at least 2007, making music, then he would have been discovered by now or at least have gained some recognition and became a fascination of the media  and they would of gave him publicity if he was vocally as similar to michael. Anybody who is close to him vocally, has to have talent, correct?

his fan club:

The Mystery Man. Well, he's Jason Malachi. A mind blowing, eye-popping, break dancing Italian kind of guy ready to unleash his powered force into the wild. Born in the outskirts of Washington, DC, Jason feels that music has always been a major part of his IDENTITY.

Well, just by the voice you hear you can almost guess who his inspiration is, but believe it or not Frank Sinatra was his first inspiration and Nat King Cole, Judy Garland, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire to name a few. Growing up and exposing himself to the streets, he was captivated by the Break-Dance era and couldnt resist the temptation of breaking out a card board box. He started break dancing at age 5. But out of all of that dancing, "Nothing caught my attention more than watching this Anti-Gravity like figure sliding across stages worldwide." You guessed it, none other than the King of Pop himself.

At the tender age of 9, Jason recalls staying up late with his uncle singing old Duop songs from groups like The Duprees and The Flamingos, as well as singing all his favorite Motown classics.

Artists such as Smokey Robinson, The Jackson 5, The Supremes, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder had Jason hooked on that Motown sound. That Sound helped to better enhance the depth of his musical style.

Growing up as a teenager, you couldnt help getting consumed and inspired by the Hip-Hop culture. Not only can you be amazed by the breathy falsetto, but Jason has got the full package. He sings, dances, and choreographs and his ultimate favorite performing Live. He was once voted the best performing artist of his school and received a scholarship to Motion Mania Dance School. He also writes his own music, which coming from the heart is his motto. "I really love the level of creativity that can be reached while in the studio atmosphere. I feel that my best writing occurs when I am alone, however, I do enjoy collaborative work."

He has worked with producers such as: Damon Sharpe (Damon Sharpe Music), Wayne M. Wilson, Tony Kurtis (Da Platinum House), Eddy Jenkins (Midas Touch), Eugene Hanes (Divine Mill), Big Dog Productions, Yewmon Byers (East Coast Studios), & BlackHouse Entertainment.

When in the studio, he's collaborating with artists such as Dru Hill, Ruff Endz, Davinch, Ray Jay, Mr. Slick, Calico, Paula Campbell and Tony Kurtis.

"I have an influential, yet original sound and style. I always welcome criticism; whether it is positive, negative or constructive. I am confident with my talents, yet I am exceedingly grateful. I always strive for perfection and pray for the very best."
(read less)

Oh, and by the way, the "Motion Mania Dance School" who offered him a scholarship, doesn't seem to exist!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 01, 2010, 10:47:53 PM
one more piece of information:

1) Will.I.am stated that he was trying to convince Michael Jackson to release his forthcoming album online, and to use social networking sites like myspace.com to promote his music. Perhaps not coincidentally, Jason Malachi's album is ONLY available online, and can only be purchased on Jason's myspace page in the Nimbit music store. Will.I.am announced that he was working with Michael in October of 2006, and Jason Malachi's album dropped on May 31, 2008. That is more than enough time to record a hit album. Here is a link to the story.....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2) On Jason Malachi's myspace page, he lists Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, James Brown, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole as inspirations. Haven't we all heard Michael Jackson list these SAME people as influences?

3) There are NO tour dates, album credits, MTV promotion, or any kind of publicity. Hell, there isn't even a wikipedia article on this guy!! Trust me, if there was someone out there who sounded identical to Michael Jackson the way that "Jason Malachi" does, he'd definitely have 15 or 30 minutes of fame. And somehow, the ONLY information you can dig up on Jason Malachi is from his myspace page. This whole thing is WAY to quiet.

4) Some people say that Jason's songs are not quite good enough to be Michael Jackson songs. They say the production is the digitalized, and that Malachi's vocals aren't as great as Michael Jackson. Well, Jason Malachi's songs are really Michael Jackson DEMOs. Michael Jackson's demos are only blueprints, people. If you listen to the demos for "Don't stop til you get enough," "Billie Jean," etc, you'll see that the music sounds stripped down and the vocals are no where near as great as the finished version. Michael NEVER gives his best vocals on his demos, nor is the music at its best quality. Michael Jackson has released these demos to the public to get a reaction, and he'll hit us with a major release a little later. To hear an example of a Michael Jackson demo, click here. This is the "Don't stop til you get enough" demo. Notice how it sounds worlds away from the finished version that made the "Off the Wall" album. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

5) Michael Jackson is STILL under contract for Sony Records. I doubt he can even release songs under the name "Michael Jackson." He has to wait until his contract expires. He can't release a new album from Sony. Why do you think we keep getting re-releases like Thriller 25 and such? Until the contract expires, Mike can't do too much. It's the same thing Prince went through. That's the reason why Prince changed his name to that stupid symbol; his record company owned him. He couldn't release new material under the name Prince while still under contract with Warner Bros. Michael Jackson is undergoing the same battle with Sony. Remember that before he released Dangerous back in 1991, Michael signed a $1 Billion Contract with Sony Entertainment, and to this day, he still owes them more albums.

6) Michael Jackson apparently went to Prince for career advice in the summer of 2007. Prince is notorious for using different names and aliases during his battle with his former label, Warner Bros. ( He used the names Paisley Park, NPG, Camille, The Artist, and several others.) Likewise, Prince released several albums that are only available online. It's highly plausible that Prince gave MJ the idea to release music under an alias to avoid any kind of lawsuit from Sony Music. Here is a link to the story.......You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

7) This "Jason Malachi" character has released videos of himself singing acapella on youtube. Don't buy it, people. Tell me how can he sound like an impersonator on that clip, but somehow sound JUST LIKE Michael Jackson on the songs? The voice serenading us on youtube, and the voice on the Jason Malachi songs are obviously different voices. The voice on the songs is obviously the King of Pop. Also, the lighting on the video of "Jason Malachi" singing acapella is so dim, we cannot see his mouth clearly. He may have been lip synching. Never trust the internet, people.

8) Jason Malachi sounds similar to Michael Jackson. The only letter missing is the "K". I think Michael might as well have used the anagram of "Jason Jackson." It's really obvious.

9) Jason Malachi's album cover is him leaning against a red brick wall. This is identical to the "Off the wall" album cover. Look closer, and you'll see that Jason's body is positoned EXACTLY the same as Michael's body is positioned on the Bad album cover. Likewise, Jason is dressed in all black, just like MJ is on the album cover. Mike is sending us plenty of hints.

10) Why don't we ever see Jason sing live? If he could sing "Biggerman" or "You don't have to go" live and in person, I'd believe him. But in the few videos of him dancing and performing online, he's always lip synching. (We know why.)

11) Malachi is a biblical name that means “The messenger”. This was one of the Minor Prophets in the Old Testament, the author of the Book of Malachi, which some claim foretells the coming of Christ. The coming, in a biblical standpoint also refers to the return, like the second coming and whatnot. Michael Jackson was brought up to be, and probably still is a very religiously inclined person. The quote on Jason Malachi's MySpace is "Prepare for Malachi", so if you translate Malachi it would mean "prepare for the return."

12) Will.I.am announced that he was working with Michael Jackson in late 2006. In the late summer of 2007, this unknown "Jason Malachi" pops up, who has no previous credentials or work. On the same note, Malachi pops up AFTER MJ had a meeting with Prince (who is known for his fake names and symbols) and only released his music online through a social networking site. (Which is EXACTLYwhat Will.I.am instructed MJ to do.)

13) Last, but not least, this benefits Michael Jackson. His reputation and image have been horribly damaged by scandals. If Michael Jackson came out and said, "OK, I'm releasing an album," some people wouldn't budge. After all, people are more caught up in his personal life than his great, legendary music. However, if some young guy out there happened to sound JUST LIKE Michael Jackson, people would be intrigued by the music only. They would enjoy the music, and listen with an open mind.

This is Akeem Shabazz, As-Salaam-Alaikum My Brothers...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 02, 2010, 10:44:53 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!
Hi everyone,I am new to the board,I have been reading and catching up on all the imformation on here,I must say you are all wonderful,and I find this site so comforting,and like you all I am a believer.I just seen this video on youtube,where Michael is being asked about songs he wrote but never released,and he was asked about a Michael (sounds like I might be wrong so sorry if I am),but it sounds like Malachi,and he laughs and says to the man,how do you know about him.so see what you think,I hope I have put the link on right,if not I will try again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

October 02, 2010, 01:57:28 PM
He said he wrote a song called Michael Meckeller, (I do not know if it is the correct spelling) that sounds a little like jason last name.. I am just trying to identify the two.
If anyone can find anything please be free to let us know. thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

trublu

October 02, 2010, 04:39:40 PM
Umm this is all I found:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

October 02, 2010, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: "trublu"
Umm this is all I found:

Thank you trublu. Good investigation!  wow, the song he wrote about Michael Mackellar , the little part I read, he is talking about himself. Wow, I feel so bad for him. I hope where ever he is, he found some peace in within himself, and most importantly happiness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

trublu

October 02, 2010, 05:42:28 PM
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
Quote from: "trublu"
Umm this is all I found:

Thank you trublu. Good investigation!  wow, the song he wrote about Michael Mackellar , the little part I read, he is talking about himself. Wow, I feel so bad for him. I hope where ever he is, he found some peace in within himself, and most importantly happiness.

He talks about how he 'must get away' and he 'must run away'..

Also his reaction to the interviewer was odd...was it a private song or did he want it to be released later on as a surprise?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

October 02, 2010, 05:47:29 PM
Just close your eyes and listen to it, it feels like Michael singing it. It gave me goose bumps. enjoy.. Blessings

That is Mike. It's another nice parallel with Elvis. Here is 'Jimmy Ellis':

[youtube:3ozktham]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loRHf3I6GU[/youtube:3ozktham]

Funny though is that he doesn't sound that much like Elvis live, same as Jason Malachi who doesn't sound that much like MJ live. Close enough so people wouldn't get suspicious, but not close enough.

[youtube:3ozktham]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUGOalIWO0&feature=related[/youtube:3ozktham]

I can't find that video of Jason Malachi live now, but it's somewhere on the forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sprint911

October 02, 2010, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

That is Mike. It's another nice parallel with Elvis. Here is 'Jimmy Ellis':

[youtube:2t6ghaxf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7loRHf3I6GU[/youtube:2t6ghaxf]

that isn't michael, a few years ago mj camp confirm it wasn't Micheal's
Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:56:28 PM by sprint911
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

October 02, 2010, 05:55:03 PM
I was listening to the song Let me go, and my son who is 21 said Nice song of Michael Jackson. I never hear it ! I started to laugh. Here is the song.
He does sound very much like MJ. More and more I am starting to believe that MJ is Jason. This is just an assumption. The Initial of Jason Malachi is JM and Michael Jackson is MJ.I think there is something there. I cannot pin point it, but yes this we need to investigate.
God bless!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

trublu

October 02, 2010, 05:55:55 PM
Is this for real? This one sounds loads like MJ...how can someone sound so much like him? Everyone that has tried to sing any of his songs sounds nothing like him but this..it sounds just like him!!

[youtube:3u4hzemt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uOMgVyXOU&feature=related[/youtube:3u4hzemt]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions