curlsTopic starter

A few thoughts on TII DVD
October 05, 2010, 04:26:11 PM
My internet access has been on/off a lot for a few days, so yesterday instead of coming here, I used a spare couple of hours watching the extra features on TII dvd.

Funny how every time I watch this it seems different! Sometimes I have my hoax eyes on it, but other times I find I'm still just a fan!

Anyway, a few things came to mind - first, how little content there is on the bonus disc - just three shortish parts about the singers, dancers and band. Lots of extra room on that disc for 'something else', I thought! (This was hoax eyes bit of yesterday's viewing experience!)

And then, watching the Staging the Return bit, I became that fan again! I felt suddenly strangely upset that we didn't get to see this magnifcent concert and MJ is those fabulous costumes! I'll admit I wanted the King of Pop back in his light-up Billie Jean socks! I questioned why MJ would tantalise us with this taster of a concert that was only ever in his mind and was never going to really happen, especially if he wanted us to lay the KOP image to rest and concentrate on the man?  Was he saying, 'well this is what I really could do if I wanted, but actually I don't want to, so you'll have to make do with a film about it instead'?!

Also it hit me how much emphasis the dancers, singers and band were putting on being part of a team, a family, each with their own talents, bringing their own differing personalities but all accepted and working well together, and how MJ needed them as much as they needed him. Reminded me of here!

Thanks for reading! xxx
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Re: A few thoughts on TII DVD
October 06, 2010, 06:55:42 AM
Quote from: "curls"
My internet access has been on/off a lot for a few days, so yesterday instead of coming here, I used a spare couple of hours watching the extra features on TII dvd.

Funny how every time I watch this it seems different! Sometimes I have my hoax eyes on it, but other times I find I'm still just a fan!

Anyway, a few things came to mind - first, how little content there is on the bonus disc - just three shortish parts about the singers, dancers and band. Lots of extra room on that disc for 'something else', I thought! (This was hoax eyes bit of yesterday's viewing experience!)

And then, watching the Staging the Return bit, I became that fan again! I felt suddenly strangely upset that we didn't get to see this magnifcent concert and MJ is those fabulous costumes! I'll admit I wanted the King of Pop back in his light-up Billie Jean socks! I questioned why MJ would tantalise us with this taster of a concert that was only ever in his mind and was never going to really happen, especially if he wanted us to lay the KOP image to rest and concentrate on the man?  Was he saying, 'well this is what I really could do if I wanted, but actually I don't want to, so you'll have to make do with a film about it instead'?!
Also it hit me how much emphasis the dancers, singers and band were putting on being part of a team, a family, each with their own talents, bringing their own differing personalities but all accepted and working well together, and how MJ needed them as much as they needed him. Reminded me of here!

Thanks for reading! xxx

i understand that feeling. like he just wanted to prove he could still do it before he stopped doing it. maybe with a feeling of ok now that that is settled lets move on .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Re: A few thoughts on TII DVD
January 20, 2011, 12:10:23 PM
I have a question about the movie too and hope this is where to ask it.
I've had the movie since release, and never could watch it.  Now I have it in...and after all the words about not copying it...is a screen with what looks like Hindu writing.  Anyhow know what it is?  If it's the same thing about copying...why not all the other languages???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions