Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
Quote from: "Gema"
I believe that LMP loves Michael Jackson as a friend. She is married now with the father of her twins Michael Lockwood and I am sure that she loves that man as a husband, not Michael.

I would hope that for Lisa and I would be a BIT more convinced if she just looked like she loved him once in a while (have you seen the wedding pictures? To say she looked disinterested would be an understatment.  Priscilla looked happier than LMP).  Look at the pictures of her and Michael Lockwood- where is the love in her eyes?  I am big time into non-verbals and I just don't see it.  Now, when she spoke about Michael on Oprah, - there was that spark again that was there in her eyes in the happy times with MJ.  That spark during the early marriage, and then again in the late 90s (Ivy Pics anyone?).  
So, possibly, she made peace in her life and made a calm, content life with Lockwood and the children- and like I said, I hope that this is the  case.  But nothing in the universe will ever convince me that she lied about Michael having been "the highest high" of her life emotion-wise.  Her face said it all- unless she is the most amazing actress I have ever seen.  And even Oprah commented on this (according to Gayle King's website)- pointing out that Lisa was still very much in love with MJ and that she (O) advised her to focus on her husband and move on.

EXACTLY... I see no real love there.  She never looks happy with Lockwood.  But when she was with MJ the eyes, physical contact & hand holding said it all.  I used to be a portrait photographer; we're good at reading peoples body language & eyes.  You can't fake that in pictures.  And as far as the Scientology goes; it said FORMER home...doesn't mean she bought it for that purpose.  I've heard from other friends on other social sites a year ago that Lisa's picture has disappeared from some Scientology sites and that she may be distancing or leaving the cult.  I hope she has.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

~Souza~

Quote from: "MsTrinity333"
I've heard from other friends on other social sites a year ago that Lisa's picture has disappeared from some Scientology sites and that she may be distancing or leaving the cult. [/color]
Let's hope she did.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
I've heard from other friends on other social sites a year ago that Lisa's picture has disappeared from some Scientology sites and that she may be distancing or leaving the cult. [/color]
Let's hope she did.

The thing is, it's not so easy to get out- and she does have her kids to worry about.  These people don't play around, as you all know.  So, maybe (and hopefully) the whole bigger picture ties to getting the goods on Scientology as well (I've always wondered how much their influenced reached into the conspiracy to try to destroy Michael over all this time)- and a weakening of their cult (sorry, I fail to see them as a religion) would finally free Lisa from their influence (by removing the threat to her family).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Serenitys_Dream

I've heard from other friends on other social sites a year ago that Lisa's picture has disappeared from some Scientology sites and that she may be distancing or leaving the cult.  I hope she has.

Lisa Marie Presley: Stop Slamming Scientology!
Lisa Marie Presley has taken to her blog to tell her fans that now is NOT the time to be bashing Scientology. Here’s what the daughter of Elvis had to say:

“I wished I could be writing you under happier circumstances but I cannot because two of my very good friends, (John and Kelly Travolta) the sweetest people in the world, have just encountered the worst possible tragedy a parent could be forced to endure, the death of their son Jett.

“My heart is crying and bleeding for them. I personally would not have it in me to bury my own child. I am writing this because I have noticed that for the most part, people and the media have been very sympathetic and respectful, but there are those certain ones that want to use this horrible tragedy as an opportunity to once again, blame and or attack Scientology?”

“Folks, as popular as it has been to discriminate and ridicule Scientology and Scientologist’s in the recent past , Now is NOT the time. I realize that there is a lot of mis information out there about the subject which has caused a lot of stone throwing but we are not still in the dark ages and it is still an Unconstitutional Injustice to partake in and encourage such condemnation.

“Among most of the crazy made up garbage that goes around about it , It is not true that Scientologist’s ‘Don’t believe in’ medical care, medicine or medical Doctors and that may have something to do with this terrible tragedy. Just like anyone else, if one is sick, they go to the doctor, If a medication will make it better then they take it. If they don’t then they are an idiot and you can’t blame their religion. Whatever medical and or physical condition Jett had, I can tell you first hand that his parents were on a tireless, never ending quest to get and provide him with the absolute best care anyone could ever ask for and need, Medically, physically, emotionally, medicinally and spiritually.

“I am not writing this to preach my beliefs, I am here to protect my friends. To the few of you out there that this may apply to, Let’s not use the tragic death of a child to facilitate your insatiable need to attack and destroy Scientology shall we? John and Kelly have done nothing but spend their lives and their time helping others, making people happy and making peoples lives better. Please let this family grieve in peace. ~LMP”

Lisa, 40, also had this to say about her 3-month-old twin girls Harper and Finley: “PS, I am so sorry it has been such a long time since I have written. I have just been soaking up the love and the happiness that these two little babies have brought us. More on that soon…….:) Thank you so much for all of your well wishes. I love and miss you very much. I’ll be in touch.”
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lisa Marie Presley: Don't "Blame Scientology" for Jett's Death
Jan-6-09

Lisa Marie Presley is as devastated about Jett Travolta's death as the rest of the world, but she cautioned readers in a MySpace post this morning that the public should not use the tragedy as an excuse to attack Scientology. Below is the complete post.

Now Is Not The Time.
I wished I could be writing you under happier circumstances but I cannot because Two of my very good friends, (John and Kelly Travolta ) the sweetest people in the world have just encountered the worst possible tragedy a parent could be forced to endure, the death of their son Jett.
My heart is crying and bleeding for them.
I personally would not have it in me to bury my own child.
I am writing this because I have noticed that for the most part, people and the media have been very sympathetic and respectful, but there are those certain ones that want to use this horrible tragedy as an opportunity to once again, blame and or attack Scientology?
Folks, as popular as it has been to discriminate and ridicule Scientology and Scientologist's in the recent past , Now is NOT the time.
I realize that there is a lot of mis information out there about the subject which has caused a lot of stone throwing but we are not still in the dark ages and it is still an Unconstitutional Injustice to partake in and encourage such condemnation.
Among most of the crazy made up garbage that goes around about it , It is not true that Scientologist's "Don't believe in " medical care , medicine or medical Doctors and that may have something to do with this terrible tragedy.
Just like anyone else, If one is sick , they go to the doctor, If a medication will make it better then they take it.
If they don't then they are an idiot and you can't blame their religion.
Whatever medical and or physical condition Jett had , I can tell you first hand that his parents were on a tireless, never ending quest to get and provide him with the absolute best care anyone could ever ask for and need, Medically, physically, emotionally, medicinally and spiritually.
I am not writing this to preach my beliefs, I am here to protect my friends.
To the few of you out there that this may apply to,
Let's not use the tragic death of a child to facilitate your insatiable need to attack and destroy Scientology shall we?
John and Kelly have done nothing but spend their lives and their time helping others, making people happy and making peoples lives better.
Please let this family grieve in peace.

~LMP

This is just a rumour that was posted on a single thread on an ex-Scientology forum without a link or documentation.

IS LISA MARIE PRESLEY LAVISHING ELVIS'S MILLIONS ON SCIENTOLOGY
September 26, 2010 By James Murray

IN THE leafy hollows of East Sussex, the only child of Elvis Presley has quietly set up home with her fourth husband and their two young children and is living the life of a recluse. For the past month, Lisa Marie Presley and musician Michael Lockwood have been staying in a £10million home set in 50 acres yet no neighbours have actually seen them.

Attempts to speak to her on the intercom of the gated property proved fruitless when a security man with an American drawl said: ‘‘There’s nobody by that name living here, sir.”

Whatever the guard says, everyone in the area is convinced Elvis’s daughter is relishing the peace of living like the lady of the manor, far from the madness of Los Angeles.

As the nights draw in, the conversation over pints of ale at Lisa’s local, The King’s Arms, inevitably turns to the raven-haired 42-year-old, who had brief marriages to Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage. The question on everyone’s lips is: why has she forsaken the glitz of Hollywood for a Sussex backwater?

The answer almost certainly lies in the fact that her new home, near the village of Rotherfield, is just a few miles away from Scientology’s 59-acre British, and former world, headquarters at Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead.

Lisa Marie counts fellow followers Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes among her closest friends along with John Travolta, whom she spoke up for candidly following the death of his teenage son Jett in the Bahamas last year.

Angry Lisa Marie issued a public statement claiming certain people wanted to use Travolta’s “horrible tragedy” as an opportunity to “blame and or attack Scientology”.

The fact that a British judge once accused the organisation of being “sinister and dangerous” must baffle the devoted disciple of founder L Ron Hubbard, a sci-fi writer who was the subject of regular FBI investigations during his lifetime and who sought sanctuary in East Grinstead while being pursued by his enemies.

While the people of Sussex are delighted Lisa Marie and her family are neighbours, some wonder about her motives. As one neighbour asked last week: “Are Elvis’s millions being used to bankroll the church? That is all people here are talking about.”

Scientology chiefs never like to discuss donors but it is naive to think that Lisa Marie has not been generous in her support of the organisation she credits with saving her life.

It has been suggested that she encouraged both her wealthy former husbands, Jackson and Cage, to get fully involved but they reportedly weren’t as keen to follow the teachings of a man who believed we evolved from a race which crash landed on Earth in spaceships.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have read this- and the last sentence always cracks me up.   :lol:

Still... I tend to be careful about such reports- esp as this was in the main media. "Just because you read it in a magazine, see it on a tv screen..."  ;)

If I wanted to get away from "them," was afraid for my kids, and knew the time was not right and that I had to be patient for other reason, I would also scream from the roofs that I am "their" biggest fan...  
So, this article, IMO can be seen from both sides of the argument and depending on your beliefs.  Hopefully, at some point, either side will know who was right.  Right now, we can only speculate.  

Also, it's a strange committed scientologist who wears crosses and says God Bless... I continue to think at some point Lisa woke up, remembered what her father believed in, but was in too deep to get out.  And I continue to think that Michael had something to do with "turning her," which would be one of the main reasons Scientology leaders might have started to get interested in helping to bring him down (since not only did he not join, he also might have been suspected of influencing Lisa).  Of course, that is just my humble opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

I have read this- and the last sentence always cracks me up.   :lol:

Still... I tend to be careful about such reports- esp as this was in the main media. "Just because you read it in a magazine, see it on a tv screen..."  ;)

If I wanted to get away from "them," was afraid for my kids, and knew the time was not right and that I had to be patient for other reason, I would also scream from the roofs that I am "their" biggest fan...  
So, this article, IMO can be seen from both sides of the argument and depending on your beliefs.  Hopefully, at some point, either side will know who was right.  Right now, we can only speculate.  

Also, it's a strange committed scientologist who wears crosses and says God Bless... I continue to think at some point Lisa woke up, remembered what her father believed in, but was in too deep to get out.  And I continue to think that Michael had something to do with "turning her," which would be one of the main reasons Scientology leaders might have started to get interested in helping to bring him down (since not only did he not join, he also might have been suspected of influencing Lisa).  Of course, that is just my humble opinion.

I think you make some valid points; thank you.  Esp if her Mother & the Elvis estate are still wrapped up in it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

Serenitys_Dream

Also, it's a strange committed scientologist who wears crosses and says God Bless...

Scientology Cross

The Scientology cross is one of the principal symbols of Scientology. It is most often used to represent the Church of Scientology.

The cross closely resembles the Christian cross, but differs from it with the addition of four diagonal rays between the conventional horizontal and vertical arms. The eight points of the cross represent the eight dynamics in Scientology:

1. The Self
   2. Creativity, sex, and procreation (family)
   3. Group, society, community
   4. Species survival (humankind)
   5. Life forms in general
   6. Matter
   7. Spirit
   8. Infinity or Supreme being

The Church of Scientology says that "the horizontal bar represents the material universe, and the vertical bar represents the spirit. Thus, the spirit is seen to be rising triumphantly, ultimately transcending the turmoil of the physical universe to achieve salvation."

The Scientology cross apparently dates back to the mid-1950s. Scientology's founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote in 1955 that "the model of the cross came from a very ancient Spanish mission in Arizona, a sand casting which [Hubbard] dug up"  He also occasionally referred to it as the "sunburst cross". Hubbard was based in Phoenix, Arizona for a substantial part of 1952, though it is not clear whether his asserted discovery of the cross dates from this period.

Critics of Scientology have noted other possible derivations from occult sources. The Scientology cross is similar to the Rosicrucian or Rosy cross and the similar cross of Aleister Crowley's Ordo Templi Orientis. Hubbard was briefly a member of the Rosicrucians and was involved in OTO "magical workings" in Pasadena, California some years before founding Scientology.

The practice of prominently displaying the cross in Scientology centers was instituted in 1969 following hostile press coverage in the United Kingdom and elsewhere, when Scientology's status as a legitimate religion was being questioned. In response, Hubbard ordered that "Any staff who are trained at any level as auditors (but not in A[dvanced] O[rganization]s) are to be clothed in the traditioned ministerial black suit, black vest white collar silver cross for ordinary org wear."

An excellent post on answers.com with multiple links on the subject of "God and Scientology"

...some Scientologists do believe in a god, but Scientology is far from theistic, and CERTAINLY not Christian. L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology's founder and "prophet") both outright denied the existence of "the Christian Heaven" and also spoke about visiting such a place (though described it as a mental "implant station", nothing like the Heaven Christianity conceives).

Furthermore, Scientology asserts that our REAL selves are not our bodies or minds but an eternally existing soul (a Thetan, as Hubbard called it) that resides in body after body over time. This would render the idea of an eternal afterlife quite unnecessary and moot. After a Thetan "Drops the Body" (dies), they are, according to Hubbard, preprogrammed to return to the "implant station" (which could be the "Heaven" describes) where their memories are erased and they are assigned another body.

When Hubbard spoke on the topic of "god", he jokingly postulated a "Big Thetan" but rejected the Christian notion of Yahweh. When it comes to Jesus, Hubbard declared: "The man on the cross; there was no Christ!" and asserted that the ideas of God and Christ are mental implants (he called the implant "R6"). This may be in reference to the Christian messiah or any messiah figure, but regardless, that would rule out Jesus as mankind's Savior.

In addition, there's no concept of "sin" in Scientology. As stated by one ex-Scientologist: "[Scientologists] do believe, however, that the spiritual power of the spirit has decreased over zillion of centuries due to the "bad acts" they got involved into. This may be viewed as a form of sin, but the concept is quite different than the traditional concept of sin in Christianity."

Elvis Heiress In Cult Shock
Daily Express 7th August 1986
Lisa Marie Presley, 18, has joined the Church of Scientology

Scientologist
Lisa Marie Presley is a devout Scientologist and thanks the Church of Scientology for keeping her from "going mad or killing herself".

She says about her experience as a Scientologist:
L. Ron Hubbard researched man and has carefully and precisely mapped a route out of the madness, misery and unwanted conditions one can encounter in life. When applied exactly, the technology produces incredible results. Those results are very definite and eternal. Were it not for Scientology, I would either be completely insane or dead by now. I am forever grateful for the technology of Scientology and to Mr. Hubbard who dedicated his life to helping man and this planet, as well as to the people who have dedicated their lives to helping others through Scientology.

That is a long time to be a member of this organization...

"To Whom It May Concern"
To Whom It May Concern is the debut album from American singer/songwriter Lisa Marie Presley. It was released on April 8, 2003 in the United States and Canada.

Credits for "To Whom It May Concern"
Daniel a.k.a. Snork…If it weren’t for you, this album would have never happened. Thank you for always being there when I needed to write. Thank you for your love. Thank you for continuing to be an anchor in my life. Thank you for being the father of my children and thank you for being yourself, the beautiful, sweet tortured soul that you are, that I connected with so long ago. I love you unconditionally and always will.

Thank you to all the amazing artists who inspired me even if you don’t know who you are. God Bless YOU!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

Danny Keough
Daniel (Danny) Keough (born November 6, 1964) is a musician and actor and former husband of American singer/songwriter Lisa Marie Presley. Keough is a Scientologist, and met Lisa at the Scientology Celebrity Centre. Keough married Presley, the daughter of Elvis Presley and actress Priscilla Presley at the Church of Scientology in West Hollywood on October 3, 1988.

Michael Lockwood
Michael Dean Lockwood (born May 22, 1961 in Hawthorne California) is an American guitarist and producer, a native of Bakersfield, probably most well-known for producing and performing with Lisa Marie Presley and Aimee Mann.

He married Lisa Marie Presley in a small ceremony in Kyoto, Japan on January 22, 2006. Like his wife, he is involved with the Church of Scientology.

It doesn't look like LMP has or is leaving the Church of Scientology anytime soon. Having married another Scientologist and moved to an area in the UK, that has an establish Scientology presence, as well as a new recruitment centre...I believe LMP is more involved with the "Church" than ever.

For myself, it is pretty clear that LMP is not with Michael and is very married to her current husband ML, who is also the father to their twins. This doesn't mean that LMP and Michael were not friends after their divorce. LMP could be involved in the hoax even if they are just friends but I am not sure how direct that involvement is. There is no way of knowing if she is truly aware that Michael is alive and is playing an active role, if she suspects he is alive, or if he planted things/ideas such as "sunflowers are my favourite flower" in preparation for the hoax. Only time will tell how much she knows/knew and how involved she is/was; if at all.

I have provided quite a bit of information on this subject, if you wish to disregard it all because it isn't what you would like to believe, that's fine. But what several members continue to suggest is not reality but simply a romanticizing/fantasizing of the situation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

While I appreciate research into the Cult that doesn't mean Lisa is ACTIVE in it right now, a lot has happened since MJ's "death" and the birth of her twins, she may be just laying low, processing, distancing herself.  If anyone could change her opinion it would be Michael and his faith.  Yes Scientology did save her when she desperately needed it...so yes, she will defend it to some point inc. her friendship with John Travolta and the death of his son.  But it doesn't mean she personally buys into some of their bs anymore.  She was a wreck up until the funeral; she said she was "the last one standing with him" in the Oprah interview.  Then another 6 mos to process...process what?  The Truth?  Being brought into the hoax?  Seeing things in a new and blinding light?  Was this her clarity?  

She was under a lot of duress; It's times like this we draw on our faith as we understand it. It could be there were things in her heart her "faith" just couldn't square up with this whole situation. We've already established there are no coincidences.  Her interview, wearing purple, pearls, sunflowers, Katherine's interview & the kids.  MJ may have answered some of those questions of faith & enlightened her; leading her in the right direction... We don't know.  But is it wrong to hope so?!  

I'd rather L.O.V.E. & pray for Lisa to come to the truth than slam her understanding of it at this point.  
Love is patient...love is kind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

ITA, Ms Trinity. ALso interesting how adamant she was that John Travolta's son's death was NOT the fault of Scientologists.  Hm... IF I feared for my family's life, the death of a child of someone who also is in this group of dangerous people might freak me out even more (wether connected or not).

I do not think we should judge people or their motives in times when we can see day by day that things may not be what they seem.  I thought that was one of the points of this whole thing happening around us.  Hopefully, one day, things will be clearer to us and we will understand more fully, but until then, we will all have our positions.

I do agree with the danger of Scientology whole-heartedly.  I see them as extrememly powerful and dangerous.  I just am not convinced of the depth of Lisa's involvement.  ANd at the end of the day, neither one of us can truely know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Erik H. Erikson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal