curls

Re: MAKE THAT CHANGE!
November 04, 2010, 12:12:08 PM
I want to make a change! 'Silence' for me so far meant mulling things over and busy! It's right that we should actually start DOING something as a group, so thank you to PureLove for starting the ball rolling and to everyone else who's given suggestions so far.

I agree with Souza that we need to think this through and be clear of our intentions. I'll be honest and say that I'm unsure if our ideas so far point to our aim being to reach the masses re Michael in some way, or whether we are simply coming together as a group to start making charitable donations. Or maybe it's both! Having discussions here and on the TIAI 11/3 and 11/4 threads isn't necessarily helpful to time pushed members! Could we look at keeping all the discussions in one place? (Please!)

Personally, I think we should start simply - if we try too much at once things will be watered down as there's only so much that any of us can do, both in terms of money and time.

I favour choosing just one or two charities that we all agree on, to start with, until we see how it works out, and donating as per Badkolo's suggestion. I'd personally just want to look into Escrow first, to be happy that this would be a safe way for the donations to be handled, as I know nothing about it.  Badkolo, or anyone, have you any experience of using it already?

One more thing (for now!), I don't like the idea of having names on a 'donation list' - that's akin to naming and shaming those who aren't participating, or naming and praising those who are. I would personally prefer to do this quietly and anonymously.

Love you all! xx
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

November 04, 2010, 12:26:05 PM

Cross post from the TIAI 11/03 thread:

Quote from: "*Mo*"

PureLove, I'm excited and happy as well about this positive development as well as I understand and share your enthusiasm but...let's take one step at the time.  Remember, Rome wasn't built in one day either.  ;)

This whole new turn needs to be looked into, worked out and a plan has to be created.  If we just rush into things the chance of not succeeding is big, and that's something we wouldn't want.  Failing or a messy action would harm the initiative.  We can only start this once, so I strongly suggest we first create a solid foundation to start from.

I want to add that if someone wants to take the initiative to run a website for all this, I am fully prepared to design a website for it, at no costs of course.  If desired, I will provide a fully functioning website, but the initiator will have to take care of the updates him/herself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

November 04, 2010, 12:56:43 PM
It's an awesome idea pureLove, it's a high time to turn words into action, i'm gonna visit an orphanage very soon and help the kids as much as i can.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

November 04, 2010, 02:30:18 PM
I go on a website called Care2 and I would love it if more people go on it. There is a click to donate feature where all you have to do to give to charities is click. It lists their sponsers that make this happen. Care2 also has articles, petitions and lots of other things to help make the world a better place. I really recommend it x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

November 04, 2010, 04:23:38 PM
@PureLove & others who wanna make that change

Very good idea, I'll support you.

When the WANNAMAKETHATCHANGE Fund is running, I'll try to collect more from family and friends. Next week I'll do Fundraising for a UN-organization. It's all for L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 04, 2010, 11:50:36 PM
Thank you so much for all of your participation. Did you guys read what Badkolo write? I think a new web-page is going to be created for us to meet up and start making the donations in a safe way. But I don't know when it is going to be done and by who. And there will be a list and your names are going to be on that list if I didn't get it wrong. I read some of you do not want to have the names on the donation list in which Badkolo mentioned. Do you guys want to wait till the new web-site is created or do you want to keep on talking about the donation issue here and try to spread the news to other members of the forum? We're not in a rush, so no need to worry about that. We're just sharing where to and how to begin.

We have RunningGirl here who made the donation before, so I think she can help us about the issue. It depends on what you guys think but just let me know about it pls. And here's the new list of the orphanages that we can make our first donation to:

1- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
4- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
5- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
6- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
7- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
9- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 05, 2010, 12:49:40 AM
Quote from: "curls"
I want to make a change! 'Silence' for me so far meant mulling things over and busy! It's right that we should actually start DOING something as a group, so thank you to PureLove for starting the ball rolling and to everyone else who's given suggestions so far.

I agree with Souza that we need to think this through and be clear of our intentions. I'll be honest and say that I'm unsure if our ideas so far point to our aim being to reach the masses re Michael in some way, or whether we are simply coming together as a group to start making charitable donations. Or maybe it's both! Having discussions here and on the TIAI 11/3 and 11/4 threads isn't necessarily helpful to time pushed members! Could we look at keeping all the discussions in one place? (Please!)

Personally, I think we should start simply - if we try too much at once things will be watered down as there's only so much that any of us can do, both in terms of money and time.

I favour choosing just one or two charities that we all agree on, to start with, until we see how it works out, and donating as per Badkolo's suggestion. I'd personally just want to look into Escrow first, to be happy that this would be a safe way for the donations to be handled, as I know nothing about it.  Badkolo, or anyone, have you any experience of using it already?

One more thing (for now!), I don't like the idea of having names on a 'donation list' - that's akin to naming and shaming those who aren't participating, or naming and praising those who are. I would personally prefer to do this quietly and anonymously.

Love you all! xx

DearCurls, thanks for posting these thoughts which echo my own on this subject - especially the part about keeping donations anonymous.  This has always been Michael's way of doing it and I think we should follow his example.

I applaud everyone's enthusiasm and all the wonderful suggestions, and I too believe it's time to put our faith into action.  However, rather than jump in boots and all, I think the slow and steady approach is the best way to go.  Once we have a cohesive plan of action up and running, it will be easier to draw others in.  Some people need  very little time to become enthused, and then there are others who need to "warm" to an idea and give it a lot of time and reflection.

We all have our own unique gifts and talents and ways we can put them into action, either individually or as a collective group.  Being encouraged to share these gifts and talents is the key to the success of this venture.  People can do amazing things with a little praise and encouragement.  I hope the encouragers amongst us will join forces and get behind the ones who are great at organising and making things happen.  It's all about teamwork and not letting anyone feel left out or inadequate.  That's why the slow and steady approach will reap the best results IMO.

Thank you Mo & Souza for making a separate forum for charities - a tangible way we can put LOVE into action.  I hope we really can COME TOGETHER and make small changes to begin with that will have a ripple effect all over the planet.  I love all my fellow soldiers on this amazing journey  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 05, 2010, 01:15:09 PM
Great job guys as always!
Forgive me if my idea is stupid because I do not know if and how it can be done, but I was thinking if we make it as easy as possible on how to donate so even those who come here just to read will be encouraged to contribute. For example, you can create "sms solidarity" and "contribution from a land line" so even those without the availability of cash or those who are not able to make payments online or can not do it so they too can participate in
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 05, 2010, 10:34:09 PM
Ok, so what do we do? Are we going to wait till the new web-page created? Some of you say that you don't want your names to be seen on the donation list. I don't know if we can find a solution to this. I think to be anonymous is way so much better too. Are there any volunteers to create the web-page? Or is the new section of the Charities of this forum is enough for us? Need your opinions guys.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 07, 2010, 08:27:10 PM
Trublu also added an organization which was created for the war children, so I'm adding it to our donation list. Here is the new list. :)

1- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
4- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
5- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
6- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
7- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
9- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
10- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2010, 12:36:48 AM
Looks like this thread died on Nov 7! I just now got around to reading up in this section and making my own posts. I'm not sure if I was suppose to start a new thread about the site I wanted to support or if it is suppose to be put in this list or??? Anyhow I vote for  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to be added to the list! Thanks and what IS happening with the Charity list donation by the group thing? I liked Badkolo's idea, and I also liked the water charity alot! Maybe if I keep reading I'll find out where this thread has gone too?! LOL!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

December 29, 2010, 04:28:15 PM
Quote from: "GodhaschosenMJ"
Looks like this thread died on Nov 7! I just now got around to reading up in this section and making my own posts. I'm not sure if I was suppose to start a new thread about the site I wanted to support or if it is suppose to be put in this list or??? Anyhow I vote for  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to be added to the list! Thanks and what IS happening with the Charity list donation by the group thing? I liked Badkolo's idea, and I also liked the water charity alot! Maybe if I keep reading I'll find out where this thread has gone too?! LOL!!

We are working on a site, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's on hold for a few weeks, because I am moving into my new apartment, but will work on it again when I am settled. Here is the thread about the site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New ideas are always very welcome!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2010, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "GodhaschosenMJ"

We are working on a site, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's on hold for a few weeks, because I am moving into my new apartment, but will work on it again when I am settled. Here is the thread about the site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New ideas are always very welcome!
Thank You very much Souza! This helps!  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2010, 07:26:21 PM
I'm listening and I'm willing to donate.  Are we going to choose a single charity?  Will this be an annual undertaking? That way we could make more of an impact.  Just an idea, but I'm down with it whatever we decide.   Since the death of my son, I have always provided temporary shelter for displaced  boys in my home.  Girls always have places willing to accommodate them, but boys are treated like 2nd class citizens.  Did you know that battered women's shelters do not allow boys over age 14 to go in with their mothers?  Girls can, but not the boys.  That is heart breaking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MashMike

December 30, 2010, 05:20:16 AM
Yesterday i visited an orphanage with a lot of presents for the kids living there, it may seem a trifle for  some but it is the first big change that i've made, it is really very huge for me, Michael has inspired me to do so, they were so happy and excited, at that moment i  felt really happy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal