~Souza~Topic starter

Make-A-Wish Foundation
November 04, 2010, 05:56:38 AM

This is a charity I fully support. They do wonderful work all over the world.

"We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy."

Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® has enriched the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions through its wish-granting work. The Foundation's mission reflects the life-changing impact that a Make-A-Wish® experience has on children, families, referral sources, donors, sponsors and entire communities.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation was founded in 1980 after a little boy named Chris Greicius realized his heartfelt wish to become a police officer. Since its humble beginnings, the organization has blossomed into a worldwide phenomenon, reaching more than 193,000 children around the world.
Although it has become one of the world's most well-known charities, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has maintained the grassroots fulfillment of its mission.
A network of nearly 25,000 volunteers enable the Make-A-Wish Foundation to serve children with life-threatening medical conditions. Volunteers serve as wish granters, fundraisers, special events assistants and in numerous other capacities.
As the Foundation continues to mature, its mission will remain steadfast. Wish children of the past, present and future will have an opportunity to share the power of a wish®.

Ways to help:

Donate:
A wish is granted every 40 minutes. Donate in honor of a loved one, become a monthly giver, and more. Help grant wishes today!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Volunteer time & talents:
We need committee members, language interpreters and translators, office help, professional services & more.

Donate treasures:
We need building supplies, computer equipment, hot tubs and spas, frequent flier miles, loyalty points, shopping sprees and more.

Donate Airline miles:
Because many wishes involve air travel
donating your airline miles is a great way
to help grant wishes. By donating your airline miles you’re helping the Make-A-Wish Foundation grant travel wishes that require an estimated 2.5 billion airline miles yearly.

Shop to help:
Shop for products with the Make-A-Wish logo and help grant wishes.

Adopt-A-Wish:
For many donors, their support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation began after hearing a child’s heartwarming wish story and feeling the joy it brought to everyone involved. Now donors can create that same joy for another wish child through the national Adopt-A-Wish program.
For each child’s wish, the Make-A-Wish Foundation covers all expenses associated with the experience for the entire family. The national Adopt-A-Wish program allows our generous donors to fund the entire cost of a child’s wish.
A member of our staff will work directly with you to select a wish. Most wishes fall into one of four categories: I wish to go…, I wish to have…, I wish to be…, I wish to meet…. But a wish can be as creative as a child can imagine. By funding a wish, you can create special memories for a child—and yourself.

[center:1r50v24a][/center:1r50v24a]
[center:1r50v24a]You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/center:1r50v24a][/color]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Re: Make-A-Wish Foundation
November 04, 2010, 06:05:44 AM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

PJ4MJ

November 04, 2010, 08:02:20 AM
I support Make-A-Wish, also, in Michael's name and my mother's.  I'm not overly emotional, but I get choked up every time I visit their website or read another wish story.  I can think of very few things more gratifying than helping a sick child realize one of their dreams.  I go there for a mood pick-me-up or whenever I need to put the "troubles" in my life in perspective.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sol

November 04, 2010, 09:21:34 AM
Hi all

This is my first ever post and i'm thrilled to finally say something! Have been visiting here everyday for the past year. Oh and I 100% BeLIEve!!

Thought I'd like to add that 10% of all of my MJ artwork that I sell goes to Make A Wish UK.  This started last year. I painted a picture that I always wanted to do for myself months before the hoax. someone wanted a copy so i decided to do it as a limited edition of 50 to celebrate the 50 shows at the O2. That person messed me about so I was stuck with it. however after the hoax I sold it and have sold 20 in total so far!

The picture is below. The painting and each canvas print has swarovski crystals attached to the glove, trouser seam and jacket. I'm very proud of it and the money raised, which is getting close to £500 with this picture and others.

hope you all like and please keep up the fantastic work. If we work together we can do this right the way Mike wants it.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 04, 2010, 09:31:18 AM
Quote from: "sol"
Hi all

This is my first ever post and i'm thrilled to finally say something! Have been visiting here everyday for the past year. Oh and I 100% BeLIEve!!

Thought I'd like to add that 10% of all of my MJ artwork that I sell goes to Make A Wish UK.  This started last year. I painted a picture that I always wanted to do for myself months before the hoax. someone wanted a copy so i decided to do it as a limited edition of 50 to celebrate the 50 shows at the O2. That person messed me about so I was stuck with it. however after the hoax I sold it and have sold 20 in total so far!

The picture is below. The painting and each canvas print has swarovski crystals attached to the glove, trouser seam and jacket. I'm very proud of it and the money raised, which is getting close to £500 with this picture and others.

hope you all like and please keep up the fantastic work. If we work together we can do this right the way Mike wants it.

Your art is amazing! This painting gives me goosebumps. How wonderful. Thank you for your efforts and so glad to have you here with us! Welcome!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

November 04, 2010, 09:38:26 AM
Sol - welcome to the forefront of the forum! I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts. Your painting is beautiful - you are very talented. That is a wonderful way to honor Michael - by donating to children's funds. Blessings to you.

Souza - excellent idea to post this information. It's really important that not only this incredible organization but others as well that Michael would support be added for easy access. Do we have a section dedicated for charities to support? If not, we should. After all, it's a huge part of who Michael is for real. Thanks - I love that this was posted. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

November 04, 2010, 11:16:32 AM
I find this organization wonderful, I've seen many really touching cases.. It is so important to bring some joy to a suffering soul, it is like lighting a candle in the dark...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 04, 2010, 11:38:06 AM
Quote from: "sol"
Hi all

Sol, welcome to the forum and wow what an amazing picture that is. And what a beautiful heart you have to donate 10% of all of your artworks. Keep up the great job. We will MAKE THAT CHANGE all together. I believe that. LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sol

November 04, 2010, 11:42:43 AM
thanks for the kind words everyone

feels so strange to be actually talking to you all after all this time. But its really exciting too!

Yes I'm sure if we all pull together and contribute to the charities that are dear to Mj then we can make a difference. Who knows, it might even be the catalyst that starts his re-emergence. Well at least I can hope!:)

Take care all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2010, 12:10:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Sol! You are Blessed with an artistic talent, may you continue to use if for good! Look forward to "seeing" you on here more! I hang out at the THISISALSOIT thread mostly!! CHEERS! :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 16, 2011, 09:36:39 AM
I really like the Make-A-Wish foundation....I think it's great that I grant those sick children their biggest with..or at least they try to.
When I was an AuPair in Chicago I was looking after a boy with Muscular Dystrophy and he got a wish granted by Make-A-Wish as well. We went to Florida for a whole week and he was able to go to all the amusement parks, he never had to wait in line and everything was paid for. He felt like a little prince. That was his wish and he had the best time. It was so great to see the smile on his face and so see him that happy!
Make-A-Wish made that possible and they have helped thousands of other kids as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions