Galgos in Spain
November 04, 2010, 11:48:56 AM
Here is something i do wish to talk about.
Galgos are hunting dogs, used for rabbit hunting most of the time. Galgos are wonderfull lovely dogs. Every years, spanish hunters use those dogs to hunt. They raise them in poor conditions, educate them to hunt by torturing them, barely feed them.
Those dogs are used as any other hunting weapon.
When hunting time is over, hunters don't need those dogs anymore. And here is the horrible story of those dogs : good hunting dogs, will be killed quickly, shoot in the head, or any kind of way...Dogs who haven't been good hunters represent a shame for their owner and must redeem their faults in pain and suffering... Any kind of method are used, and the longer it is, the more those men enjoy it. Burned with cigarets, or chemical products, starved until death, hanged to a car and driven all over the place until they die (or not, and will be abandonned on the road, suffering but still alive) hanged to a tree : they put a metalic string around the dog neck and hang him to a tree. This could be quick death, but they pay attention that the dog's legs barely touch the ground. The dog desperatly try to remain on his feet while the sting prevents him to breath and cut his skin while he fights to survive. Men have fun to watch him "play the piano" waving his legs in the air. It can last for hours...When the dogs is finally exhausted, he will die or be taken to another game...
Dogs who have the chance to be abandonned while still alive, are taken to "perreras" (dog center) where they stay without any care and will be killed with gaz 14 days after. 14 day of more suffering, with broken bones, awfull pain...
Those dogs have no rights in Spain and noone adopt them, because they are considered as "hunting tool" and not like any other dog. They get no chance to be adopted.

Please do not watch if you don't want to see images of what i spoke previously, it contains violent images, but this has to be KNOWN
[youtube:39ezy8y9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHDjzjc-3nI[/youtube:39ezy8y9]

There are organization who try to have a change from the spanish government, and do their best to bring those dogs to other countries so they can be adopted. Try to build shelters in spain for those dogs, organise some trip to get them out of perreras and get them to foster families in different countries.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

MissG

Re: Galgos in Spain
November 04, 2010, 04:36:46 PM
Good you posd this, Thanks.

There are many organizations in Spain who are pro-galgos and have been saving many form the worst destiny, their own owners.

More to add

In this link, on the left side, comes all of the registered animal shelters in Spain that supports the galgo project.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

November 04, 2010, 05:13:58 PM
Thank you Gema for all this links. I only know about french organizations and tried to find "global" link so everyone gets info.
A friend of mine is part of one of those organization, she has several galgos, podenco and other dogs rescued from spain. This dogs have been mistreated and yet they still dare to trust in us, and give some love. I really enjoyed visiting her and get to meet her wonderful dogs.

My video is a little "anti-spain" and i don't like it, but it's the only one i have in english...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

MissG

November 04, 2010, 05:18:14 PM
(I got tonight many spelling mistakes  :) i´m a bit tired)

Do not be sorry. That video is the truth. In Spain they kill galgos and the tradition must be erradicated forever. Those faces and eyes I will never forget, ever.

Spain needs to shape up. It is very painful to see how backwords Spain is in this matter.

The problem is there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

paula-c

November 05, 2010, 10:31:08 AM
I did not see the complete video, for my is impossible to see those things, many years ago I was a bullfight of bulls, I can assure to them that after so many years I am sorry thousand times of to have gone and I did not see " spectacle " complete, I was myself of the bullring nonsupport which was seeing,… to that they call art! by God! since when the violence, the torture and the suffering are art? :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

November 05, 2010, 10:37:11 AM
I can't watch that. I'm already here with tears streaming from what you wrote. Animals are my first passion. And dogs are my favorite. I am hoping that when the Army of L.O.V.E. charity kicks off that as well as orphanages and children of course, animal welfare gets a turn at recieving a hand as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 07, 2010, 12:03:54 AM
Ohhh my God!!! I couldn't watch the video. It's not too hard to imagine it after I read your post. I do not believe that the ones who do this torture can be humans. They are all pure evil. This can sound harsh but I definitely would love to do the same torture as they do to those dogs. So they could understand how those poor dogs feel like. I hope God have some mercy on them and teach them what LOVE is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 07, 2010, 12:34:48 AM
PureLove, i also believe people torturing animals to be monsters, and i can tell you they are out on our streets, and we maybe even talk to them...and they just live their life like you and me, considering it normal to torture and kill.

Those people really scare me, and the more i see things in my life, the more i know those people are totally random people and you could never say according to their face.

People often ask me why i never trust people from first sight....THIS is an answer.

It has to stop, but law won't make any difference...we have laws in France too and i still see people torturing pets for free. This people have to CHANGE, but i don't know how...
When i don't have solution for such things, i just joke saying :"we should ask their parents to drown them and make them again"

I have NO solution for those people and so i just stick to giving my love to pets, waiting for someone to give me any solution to that. I'm powerless, that is the main feeling. But yet we must still be strong and keep helping those pets, because each of them is unique and suffers and need some help. Everytime a new case is discovered, you feel you've done nothing but it's always another story, and you must remain strong and keep doing what you're doing.

I already tried to ask myself about those people, why, how, what lead them to be such horrible human...i found no answer but just try to feel some kind of compassion for what they are, try to understand and try to fix what they've done. Maybe it's a way for me to still love human race, because be sure sometime i find NO excuses.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions