Everyday life, everyday fight
November 03, 2010, 09:29:01 PM
Ok, here is a list (don't know yet if it will be long or short, depending of what comes to my mind) of little things you can do to help nature.

1 - Reduce your consommation : We produce too much, use so short, and throw away... the amount of things that are built, and wasted is HUGE. you have to ask yourself : what can i do to stop this invasion of garbages sometime made of brand new object. Is it normal that i found music player, perfectly working, on a trash bin ? Is it normal that a friend of mine foudn a plasma tv in trash bin because of one small part broken ? NO.

what you can do for it
- recycle : if you do not use something anymore, then take it to recycle center, or if it still works offer it someone, give it to charities, sell it on the web and give money to charities, whatever.
- use recycle product : before you go to get something new, ask yourself if you cannot give a new life to something that is supposed to remains unsused and destroyed. Furnitures, kids toy, books read only once...all this you can find "second hand" and help reduce the amount of what we create and that will pollute Earth soon or later.
- BORROW/RENT : it sounds stupid, but do you really need to buy and store something you use once a year ? Whether you rent a car only when needed, or join yourself to buy a video game that you can share, or share books...it will be good for the planet.
- stop using "one use" products...little thing i do : buy a lot of towel for cheap price and use them to clean everything. Once a week, everything goes to washing. It allows me to use ONLY THIS and no more disposable.

People say, "you don't bring material belongings with you when you're dead" THIS IS TRUE ! It remains on Earth, and pollute it.

2 - Do something in your home

- turn OFF you electric things. Just do not let them stay on "sleep" all night. It uses electricity for nothing.
- get some energy saving bulb to light (up your face with gladness...lallalala)
- turn off the lights of rooms you're not staying.
- if possible have a dish washer : only 14 liters of water to clean...much less than hand wash with water running during the whole time.
- you can reduce pollution by using only few natural products to clean your house : here my exemple will stand in one word : VINEGAR. Believe me, it does not smell good for few minutes but it's the BEST cleaning product EVER (make some research to get some "cleaning recipe" about vinegar) 100% natural...like many other things, and so much cheaper.

3 - Think different, move different

Try reduce your transport pollution : i will set up my exemple because i lived without a car for long time.
we do have a car, that we use only for long road or to go to the mall. Rest of the time, i walk or use a bike. Whenever i need to move away, i take train. But i also use a new way to travel which is car-pooling. I know it may not be possible in every country but i know that here there are websites where people organise themselves to make travel together. It's cheaper than train here, it helps nature and make people unite. Of course it has to be done SAFELY and in good ways. But it really works and i also move to Paris this way whenever i need. It's good solidarity and good way to reduce pollution.

4 - Make a change, make a CHOICE

You are the one to make things change. you are the one having the power of MONEY. Never forget that. If you don't want something to be sold, stop buying it, let copanies KNOW what you want, and what you do not want. We are the one (to make a better place lalalala) to INFLUENCE that. Because companies only want one thing : OUR MONEY. Be concerned about what you buy, what you feed by buying it. Tropical woods out of uncontrolled wood-companies, products being produced on places where wild nature is being destroyed for it, products coming from the oter side of the planet, causing big transport pollution.
Exemples : it takes 25kg of cereals to produce 1 kg of beef...those cereal need more and more space to be produced. And this space is being stolen to wild nature, destroying ecosystems...Knowing this, do you still want to eat more and more meat ?
Palm oil production is also concerned by this problem. More and more is produce and it makes people destroy forest, burn everything to get more and more land to work on.

This is all that come to my mind at 3am, but feel free to had what you do so we can get a bigger list and get more ideas  ;)
Sorry for mistakes, if you find some french inside it mean i really need to go to bed, i tried to read twice but hmm... :oops:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: Everyday life, everyday fight
November 03, 2010, 10:10:49 PM
What a great post whatyourheartsays!  I love those 3am thought patterns!  :) Thank you for taking the time to write them down for all to read. They are important for everyone on this precious planet we call home ;)
Many Blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 04, 2010, 01:25:06 AM
Thanks WYHS....excellent post and excellent reminders for us all. If we do even one of those we will be making a difference.

I do hope you are able to get some sleep...sleep keeps you healthy. Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

November 04, 2010, 10:58:42 AM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Thanks WYHS....excellent post and excellent reminders for us all. If we do even one of those we will be making a difference.

I do hope you are able to get some sleep...sleep keeps you healthy. Blessings :)

Do not worry. I sleep pretty well. It's just that i have some kind of "vampire life style"  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions