~Souza~Topic starter

As we have mentioned setting up a new website:

Quote from: "badkolo"
I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede  this progress I have a Idea.

We can open a Sub Site, There can be a main header/gfx/description etc..
Then a signature list. Each person that donates gets there Name on the Army of L.O.V.E list. The list will be only for the ones that donated.
A specific charity or foundation can be chosen, legaly easier to choose one specific charity or foundation that is verified.
The money that is donated which can be 1 dollar and beyond will go into a special escrow foundation.charity account. It will be overseen by The Escrow company so no Hanky panky can happen in any way and no legal issues can be brought.
Once the Goal is achieved at whatever number that is set(ie, $5000) from the donations which will be shown on top of the signatures then the escrow will announce that money has been sent to the charity/foundation everyone chose to donate to. then a new charity can be chosen from that point on and it just continues.

What ya think.

I realized that I posted 2 domain names that were still available and that if the wrong person would read it, it would be gone. I therefore decided to register the domain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am not sure if you guys agree with the domain name, but I think it's perfect and if you don't like it, I know other ways to use it.

Let me know what you think. We can start from here and we still need volunteers to manage the new website.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Love it.  That's exactly what it should say.  Jermaine hinted about this, so I say "go for it"    Souza.......and thanks..xoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love it! :D It's great! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

~Souza~Topic starter

lilwendy is prepared to give up her domain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for this as well. So you guys can choose!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"

I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede  this progress I have a Idea.

Then a signature list. Each person that donates gets there Name on the Army of L.O.V.E list. The list will be only for the ones that donated.
A specific charity or foundation can be chosen, legaly easier to choose one specific charity or foundation that is verified.
The money that is donated which can be 1 dollar and beyond will go into a special escrow foundation.charity account. It will be overseen by The Escrow company so no Hanky panky can happen in any way and no legal issues can be brought.
Once the Goal is achieved at whatever number that is set(ie, $5000) from the donations which will be shown on top of the signatures then the escrow will announce that money has been sent to the charity/foundation everyone chose to donate to. then a new charity can be chosen from that point on and it just continues.

What ya think.

I realized that I posted 2 domain names that were still available and that if the wrong person would read it, it would be gone. I therefore decided to register the domain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am not sure if you guys agree with the domain name, but I think it's perfect and if you don't like it, I know other ways to use it.

Let me know what you think. We can start from here and we still need volunteers to manage the new website.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great idea and I love the name too but I have a couple of questions.

Does this make You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login an organization, charity, foundation, or business? If yes, then does that automatically make you, Badkolo, and Mo the President, VP, and Treasurer? Are there taxes, legal issues, or anything else that has to be covered? And, is it blind trust that all the money will be accounted for? Just wondering how setting up something like this is different than Heal The World or one of those...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

What ya think.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great idea and I love the name too but I have a couple of questions.

Does this make You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login an organization, charity, foundation, or business? If yes, then does that automatically make you, Badkolo, and Mo the President, VP, and Treasurer? Are there taxes, legal issues, or anything else that has to be covered? And, is it blind trust that all the money will be accounted for? Just wondering how setting up something like this is different than Heal The World or one of those...

No, I only registered the domain name, before it's gone. I just own a domain name now. It's not a company or foundation and it's not the purpose that one of us is going to manage the donation! That is why Badkolo pointed out the escrow foundation charity account. I had never heard of it, so I will have to ask him exactly what it means, but I am in no way going to manage the $$, I guess the purpose of that account is that they manage it and will transfer the money to the charity we chose when the goal is reached. This is just a registration of the domain and we need to work on from here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LOVE the name Souza  :D

Let me know what kind of help you need, Id be glad to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

~Souza~Topic starter

I'd like to add that this new site will not be a foundation, but a website with articles which we all choose to publish. An educational site that will debunk bad journalism, pay attention to charity, spread Michael's message etc. One of the ideas is to support one charity at the time with donations, verified charity foundations. As I understand it (but I would have to ask Badkolo to be sure) is that with that escrow account we can collect our donations, escrow will manage it until we reached the goal (for example: our goal was $5.000 to the Make-A-Wish foundation, and as soon as that goal is reached, escrow will transfer the money directly to Make-A-Wish, so they will receive $5.000 from Michael's Army Of Love, and not all donations seperately. That way we donate as a group, instead of individuals. After that goal is reached, we can set up a new goal for a new charity.

I hope I made sense and I will ask Badkolo if I understood that right when I talk to him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

As with traditional escrow, Internet escrow works by placing money in the control of an independent and licensed third party in order to protect both buyer and seller in a transaction. When both parties verify the transaction has been completed per terms set, the money is released.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'd like to add that this new site will not be a foundation, but a website with articles which we all choose to publish. An educational site that will debunk bad journalism, pay attention to charity, spread Michael's message etc. One of the ideas is to support one charity at the time with donations, verified charity foundations. As I understand it (but I would have to ask Badkolo to be sure) is that with that escrow account we can collect our donations, escrow will manage it until we reached the goal (for example: our goal was $5.000 to the Make-A-Wish foundation, and as soon as that goal is reached, escrow will transfer the money directly to Make-A-Wish, so they will receive $5.000 from Michael's Army Of Love, and not all donations seperately. That way we donate as a group, instead of individuals. After that goal is reached, we can set up a new goal for a new charity.

I hope I made sense and I will ask Badkolo if I understood that right when I talk to him.

Thank you for the explanation. Also ask how much of a cut this escrow takes as I'm sure they won't be doing this for free. The concept is great...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

*Mo*

Keep in mind that The Escrow charges for their service, so more than $5000 needs to be donated to in fact donate $5000 to a charity we selected.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm waiting for all the financial details about how it will work, but it sound like a good idea. I know it's difficult to represent ourselves as a group, not being a foundation, and more difficult to manage money out of such a group. I hope something secure and trustable can be made.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "whatyourheartsays"
I'm waiting for all the financial details about how it will work, but it sound like a good idea. I know it's difficult to represent ourselves as a group, not being a foundation, and more difficult to manage money out of such a group. I hope something secure and trustable can be made.

Yes, and of course that needs to be paid, but in this case we know for sure the money will really be donated to the foundation. Of course one of us could do it for free, I know I could and I know I am trustworthy, but you can't know that. An independent third party is the best option in this case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "*Mo*"

Keep in mind that The Escrow charges for their service, so more than $5000 needs to be donated to in fact donate $5000 to a charity we selected.

I know that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Souza, I am happy with the name. In fact it is perfect. And in my opinion, if we have to pay  an amount or fee to keep it all more than above board but also appearing to all to be legit, then so be it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions