Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "whatyourheartsays"
I'm waiting for all the financial details about how it will work, but it sound like a good idea. I know it's difficult to represent ourselves as a group, not being a foundation, and more difficult to manage money out of such a group. I hope something secure and trustable can be made.

Yes, and of course that needs to be paid, but in this case we know for sure the money will really be donated to the foundation. Of course one of us could do it for free, I know I could and I know I am trustworthy, but you can't know that. An independent third party is the best option in this case.

I agree - for the sake of liability its best to keep it in the hands of neutral parties who make it their business to know the laws, etc., on this sort of stuff.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "RK"
Souza, I am happy with the name. In fact it is perfect. And in my opinion, if we have to pay  an amount or fee to keep it all more than above board but also appearing to all to be legit, then so be it.

I agree with RK- if it can be shown to be legit. Even though many of us contribute to charities more than we did before June 25, it's weighed on my mind how our group would go to the next level to "make the change" and represent Michael Jackson at the same time. I hope it's made known to Make a Wish, etc. that the money is being given on behalf of Michael Jackson. If we just use the domain name Michael could be anyone. I think that is important because I am giving my money on behalf of Michael Jackson, not just Michael. I hope this makes sense.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

lilwendy is prepared to give up her domain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for this as well. So you guys can choose!

Actually - I think MJ is more universally known. My vote is for this name. Thanks lilwendy!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I'd like to add that this new site will not be a foundation, but a website with articles which we all choose to publish. An educational site that will debunk bad journalism, pay attention to charity, spread Michael's message etc. One of the ideas is to support one charity at the time with donations, verified charity foundations. As I understand it (but I would have to ask Badkolo to be sure) is that with that escrow account we can collect our donations, escrow will manage it until we reached the goal (for example: our goal was $5.000 to the Make-A-Wish foundation, and as soon as that goal is reached, escrow will transfer the money directly to Make-A-Wish, so they will receive $5.000 from Michael's Army Of Love, and not all donations seperately. That way we donate as a group, instead of individuals. After that goal is reached, we can set up a new goal for a new charity.

I hope I made sense and I will ask Badkolo if I understood that right when I talk to him.

I think the domain name is perfect (either Michael or MJ's armyoflove) and I'm glad that it will be an educational site that draws attention to  how the media deliberately misleads us and to spread Michael's message.  The forum here itself will be a great source of information for putting some of these articles together to help debunk a lot of the "news" stories out there.  The New World Order and Global Mind Control subforum for example.  I think a lot of people immediately dismiss conspiracy theories before even reading or listening what they're really about which is why I think debunking articles with facts will be much more effective.  Most people have common sense and will be able to recognize for themselves that something is up, that somethings not right.  When people finally realize this for themselves, THEN they will start looking deeper and suddenly, the conspiracy theorists don't seem so crazy after all.  Maybe it would be a good idea to go through some of our threads, collect the best information and thoughts given and put it all together in a coherent article to debunk a particular story.  

And by doing this from a place of love, new people to the new site will be less hostile and more open to receiving new information.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Love this idea.......it takes more than one voice to be heard.....

We have to do this together as the Army.  Count me in.  xoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is a beautiful undertaking.  I love it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
lilwendy is prepared to give up her domain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for this as well. So you guys can choose!

Actually - I think MJ is more universally known. My vote is for this name. Thanks lilwendy!

I agree... I'd go with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  I think this is a GREAT idea, Souza & Mo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

I have been turning this over for a day or so and I am uncomfortable with the whole concept. Sure, at face value it's a wonderful idea. But this whole death hoax and Michael Jackson Fan group thing is so toxic that I'm afraid anything with his name attached to it looks "cultish" or like wacky fan driven.

I am also mildly instinctively offended at the notion that members here aren't already doing their part to be the man in the mirror and make that change... not because they have to answer to someone or to get recognition and pats on the back for it publicly on the board, or to seek approval from TS or to appease Michael, but because it's the right thing to do and the right way to live, and frankly, we all got shook up out of the Matrix and got our eyes opened recently.

Again, wonderful idea. But I have reservations that this won't blow up in someone's face. This death hoax community is turbulent, you know what I mean? Do we really have to "prove" that we are walking the walk to the internet community? I am not at all suggesting that anyone should wear this hat that doesn't fit into it. Just throwing out some honest thoughts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Quote from: "bec"
I have been turning this over for a day or so and I am uncomfortable with the whole concept. Sure, at face value it's a wonderful idea. But this whole death hoax and Michael Jackson Fan group thing is so toxic that I'm afraid anything with his name attached to it looks "cultish" or like wacky fan driven.

I am also mildly instinctively offended at the notion that members here aren't already doing their part to be the man in the mirror and make that change... not because they have to answer to someone or to get recognition and pats on the back for it publicly on the board, or to seek approval from TS or to appease Michael, but because it's the right thing to do and the right way to live, and frankly, we all got shook up out of the Matrix and got our eyes opened recently.

Again, wonderful idea. But I have reservations that this won't blow up in someone's face. This death hoax community is turbulent, you know what I mean? Do we really have to "prove" that we are walking the walk to the internet community? I am not at all suggesting that anyone should wear this hat that doesn't fit into it. Just throwing out some honest thoughts.
You shouldn't be offended. It wouldn't be easy to know who is doing what for the world, as it's not like everyone puts up a notice every time they do a good deed! I am 100% certain that most everybody here has done good deeds and taken steps to "make that change". However, TS said in the redirect the other day that it's time for the Army of L.O.V.E to take action as a whole- pull off a team effort, via the Web, that will try to get the attention of as many people as possible to pay attention.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJ

I like this idea.  I see the case for the MJ domain name, but I think the Michael one has a nice ring to it.  I think this is a great way to do something collectively, bring recognition to the cause, help charities, and honor Michael all at the same time.  I also like the idea of an independent escrow company.  That way everyone is protected.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJ

I understand what you're saying about looking "cultish or like wacky fan driven," but the bottom line is that charities would benefit.  Isn't that what really matters?  It would be nice to see Michael's name connected with charity (as it should be) more than all the tabloid BS.

I, for one, don't care about the recognition.  That's not what this is about.  I would be just as happy - more so, even - if the donors remained unknown.

Mo/Souza:  I think perhaps the donation list should not be made public.  Instead, maybe just something that shows how many have donated and how close we are to reaching the goal - like when people do charity walks and they have their own donation websites that people can go to.  Either that, or I'd like the option to make Anonymous donations.  I think bec has a a point in that some people who would rather not broadcast their charity may be hesitant to join in if they can't do so anonymously.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Quote from: "PJ4MJ"

I understand what you're saying about looking "cultish or like wacky fan driven," but the bottom line is that charities would benefit.  Isn't that what really matters?  It would be nice to see Michael's name connected with charity (as it should be) more than all the tabloid BS.

I, for one, don't care about the recognition.  That's not what this is about.  I would be just as happy - more so, even - if the donors remained unknown.

Mo/Souza:  I think perhaps the donation list should not be made public.  Instead, maybe just something that shows how many have donated and how close we are to reaching the goal - like when people do charity walks and they have their own donation websites that people can go to.  Either that, or I'd like the option to make Anonymous donations.  I think bec has a a point in that some people who would rather not broadcast their charity may be hesitant to join in if they can't do so anonymously.
I agree. should be anonymous
Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:14:33 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Pink Topaz, I understand what you're saying but are you following me? Just as devil's advocate here, why do we need attention for doing good deeds though? Maybe I'm being difficult, I dunno. Just feeling the need to verbally kick it around a little.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

bec

The anonymous idea is a good one, thanks PJ. This is why I wanted to throw out some thoughts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

To be honest, i wouldn't like my name to be on a list just because i gave money. Some people have no money and can't afford to make donation. Do they have to remain out of the list like they didn't WANT to give ? That would be unfair to people who cannot give or bring them to try find a way to justify about their "povert" (i don't find another word right now)

I think that if i ever happen to manage to give something, having my name on the list would possibly make other people feel uncomfortable and so embarrass me at the same time...
I think it has to remain anonymous. If you have a will to give something, the pride you get from it must remain YOURS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions