MJsBabyDoll

Re: Preventing bullying
November 16, 2010, 12:09:39 PM
I appreciate you bringing this topic to our awareness Gema.

People who are bullied are often the nicest people, with the least defences, and wish everyone peace and believe in the goodness of others...so this makes the bully's work of intimidation and getting away with it easy.

The answer lies in zero tolerance, as I really think that people like this have never been told "NO" as children and as adults, they continue to steamroll people around them....and are used to getting their own way by inducing fear. They don't want to change because their methods get them what they want.

Controlling others through fear makes them feel big and powerful. To realise that bullies use this tactic, is the beginning of freedom.

I would love this topic to continue being discussed.   :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissGTopic starter

November 16, 2010, 01:45:26 PM
Each bully has different reasons triggering their bullying behaviour towards others.
Power, at the end, is one of the reasons of their actions.

At times, even if is hard to believe, the bully can be dressed as a lamb, putting him/ herlself in to victimizing situations to justify their bullying behaviour later.

I will write a brief example here.

School with a gang of bullies going over and over bullying the same kid. The kid being bullied starts writing in silence a revenge, not towards the bullies only, but towards anyone who come by. One day he decides to shoot everyone in the school, even innocent ones who never caused him any harm.
He justify his shooting as a defence for being bullied. His victimism has turned him in to a bully as well. He decided to become a bully and gain power by shooting people, anyone who came by, even innocent ones who never harmed him.

Should we see that boy as a victim? or as an abuser as well?

"Look what you make me do" it is the typical sentence of an abuser.

For them, and their reasoning, It is always someone elses fault, not theirs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MJsBabyDoll

November 16, 2010, 02:59:17 PM
Yes Gema, that's an interesting point. It is true that people who are bullied can become bullies themselves. I am not sure what makes some people go that way. Perhaps the torment of being bullied perverts their thinking and clouds their judge. Just as in the same way, some abused people go on to abuse, while others vow never to go that way because they know what it feels like.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissGTopic starter

November 16, 2010, 03:03:44 PM
IMO, what is important in order to prevent general bullying (as in schools i.e) is to focus
in the how to avoid it instead of finding the reasons of why the bully behaves tat way.
Each individual have different triggers. Why they behave like that is not really the part of the solution at the prime stage, how to prevent it and acknowledge the "symptoms" would be the ideal start.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

MJsBabyDoll

November 16, 2010, 07:05:42 PM
Prevention begins with educating people about the phenomenon. If it can be recognised early, preventative measures can be taken.

It's important for the victim to know that he/she is not alone in experiencing the bullying, that it is actually very common. He/she also needs to talk to someone about the bullying asap, and get the required support.

As for identifying the bully and taking preventative measures, I think strong boundaries need to be put in place, and they need to  know that the consequences of bullying will be severe. At the same time, they should also be offered help to become aware of what they are doing, and taught ways of feeling "empowered" without going after another human being.

:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissGTopic starter

November 17, 2010, 03:39:35 PM
Hopefully we will reach those platforms all over the world and hopefully the states will put tax money on the side to educate people in this matter.

Bullying happens everywhere unfortunately. Homes, schools, work places...abusers acts in any community. Child abuse, woman/ man abuse, mobbing, animal abuse....under many forms and shapes.

I agree that the message with consequences must be spreaded as well, but let´s not forget that the profile of most of abusers has medical (mental health) implications.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

MissGTopic starter

March 12, 2011, 05:42:27 PM
Very interesting Video
[youtube:1aupmj9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wcx2qM5C4g&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1aupmj9k]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal