skywaysTopic starter

Who Is Eddie Cascio??
November 07, 2010, 09:29:20 PM

SO, is it "Arni photoshot" situations here again ?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Roger Friedman

Columnist, Showbiz411
Posted: October 29, 2010 06:31 PM

Even in death, Michael Jackson can't catch a break.

Sony and his estate are trying to put together an album of his unreleased materials. Their original plan was to get it out for Christmas and holiday sales. But they're being thwarted at every turn.

A few months ago I was the first to report that Michael, unbeknownst to anyone, had recorded a bunch of songs in the summer of 2007. This is what happened: He'd turned up on the doorstep, literally, of his long time friends Dominic and Connie Cascio, in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. With him were his three kids, a tutor, and some pets. They'd escaped from an estate in northern Virginia, where Michael had sought refuge after a short stint in Las Vegas. He had no place else to go.

He wound up staying with the Cascios from August until November. And during that time, with nothing else to do, he listened to the couple's son, Eddie, record with a singer named Bobby Ewing. Eddie's brother, Frank, had helped write and produce the Ewing tracks. They asked: Why not erase the vocals and have Michael sing over them? Michael agreed. When it was done, Eddie Cascio put away the tapes. No one ever discussed it again.

Meantime, I reported that there were fewer known unreleased Michael Jackson tracks than anyone realized. Many conversations with Michael's long time engineer Bruce Swedien resulted in this fact: this would be no Jimi Hendrix situation. So when the Cascio tracks were revealed, everyone should have been jumping for joy.

But not so happy are Michael's nephews, the three sons of Tito Jackson. The Jacksons have always been wary of the Cascios: after all, Michael liked the relatively normal Italian-American family from New Jersey more than his own blood relatives. Tito's kids -- known as 3T -- had recorded with Uncle Michael early in their career, but not in recent years. When the news broke, the 3Ts weren't happy. Why hadn't Uncle Michael left them a legacy like this?

In the last few weeks Sony has had to call in forensic audiologists to prove that the voice on the Cascio tracks is that of Michael Jackson. (The conclusion: it is.) The 3Ts, I am told, along with co-executor John McClain, have claimed it's a Jacko impersonator. It's not about money. It's about ego, and pride. Sony wants to include five of the Cascio songs right away on the new album. They made an agreement this year with the Michael Jackson estate that could be worth $200 million. In the end, Sony will get what it wants. The estate will make millions. And Michael's nephews, and the rest of his biological family, will have to accept reality.

Eddie Cascio: producer/student

By Patrick McCluskey

Published: Friday, October 3, 2003

Updated: Friday, October 30, 2009 21:10

Head of a company receiving royalties on his own songs and soon to be out of college, Eddie Cascio (C'04) has a world of opportunity ahead of him. Only two years after starting Angelikson Music, Cascio was working with high profile celebrities such as Luther Vandross, *NSYNC and Usher.

However, like many, Cascio began in music by taking piano lessons which his parents signed him up for. Cascio found a love of writing music while still in high school.

Through a family friend with connections in the business, Cascio began writing for Sony/ATV Music publishers in New York. Sony/ATV writers have ranged from Joni Mitchell to Destiny's Child.

However, after about one year, Cascio decided that working for himself would be a better solution. "If you want to make it in this industry, you have to own what you do," says Casio. He went on to explain how "owning my own company makes me want to write more."

Using his newly formed music industry contacts, Cascio created Angelikson Music, founded under the studio name Angel. Today, Cascio's business has really taken off to new heights. Cascio worked on *NSYNC's song, "Fallin'" and music for Vandross' "Think About You." Cascio recently worked on songs for Usher's upcoming album, scheduled for release in early November. He also is excited to be producing some new up-and-coming artists, such as Bobby Ewing. After finishing a copy of the album, Cascio hopes that a record deal will be in the future for Ewing, with Cascio himself as producer.

Balancing both college and his music career has been tough, yet both have been very important to Cascio. After graduation, he plans to continue with the musical track, however he says his sociology degree from Drew will still be of great help. "I have a better understanding of people," explains Cascio. "I use what I learn at Drew as a basic knowledge on which to build, as well as it helping me with my creativity in writing."

Casio is thrilled to be in the business of his dreams, explaining, "I'm very grateful for all the opportunities I've had in my life so far."

Michael Jackson recorded album of new music with Eddie (Angel) Cascio in November 2007: report

By Soraya Roberts
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 10:46 AM
Michael Jackson reportedly recorded an album of 12 new tracks in November 2007 while staying with Eddie (Angel) Cascio in New Jersey.

The King of Pop may be dead, but his music just got a new lease on life.

It turns out Michael Jackson recorded a new album of previously unreleased songs in the fall of 2007, Showbiz411.com reports.

The late musician spent three months in New Jersey with Eddie (Angel) Cascio, with whom he recorded the 12 new tracks.

Three of the titles on the album include "Breaking News," "Burn Tonight" and "Water," which can reportedly be heard in the recently released documentary "This Is It."

Cascio, 28, is the son of Dominick and Connie Cascio, who were friends with Jackson since the 1990s. The family has frequently visited Katherine Jackson's home since the King of Pop's death.

The Cascio family even contributed a message to the booklet handed out at Jackson's memorial service in July of last year.

‘We promise to always remain “The First Family of Love," ‘ it said. "WE THANK YOU and will love you FOREVER and ALWAYS. ANGEL ‘Dr.Heat’ Cascio and the Cascio Family."

The Jackson estate recently signed a deal with Sony to re-release previously recorded music, but the agreement does not include new material.

The news comes on the heels of Jackson's "Thriller" video being voted as the most influential in pop music history in a MySpace poll.

Exclusive: Michael Jackson Recorded A New Album in 2007
By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity, Exclusives, Music // May 2nd, 2010 at 9:30 PM UTC
michael-jackson2

This is a copyrighted story.

Bombshell exclusive:

Michael Jackson recorded a whole new album of material in the fall of 2007. The information about the album was only recently revealed by sources close to the late pop star.

Readers of my old column will recall that I reported on November 19, 2007 that Jackson spent three months with the Cascio family in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey after decamping from a Northern Virginia home he’d been renting courtesy of then manager Raymone Bain.

Jackson, his kids, nanny and tutor landed on the Cascio doorstep at the end of the summer of 2007 and stayed until November 7th. During that time Michael was not idle, as some thought. He recorded at least a dozen tracks with Eddie Cascio, who is also known as Angel.

I’m told that Jackson’s manager and adviser, Frank DiLeo, knew that Jackson was working on a new album. DiLeo and the Cascios all declined to comment for this article.

The song titles that I’m aware of include: “Water,” a song Michael actually sang a little bit of in the movie, “This is It” (Jackson fans have commented on this on fan blogs), plus “Breaking News,” and “Burn Tonight.”

According to one source who’s heard the material, Michael’s vocals are “perfect.”

The question now, of course, is what happens next. The Jackson estate just signed a record deal with Sony Music that could be worth $200 million, but it includes re-releases of previously recorded music, live albums, and an album of unreleased songs that were in the Sony vaults or recorded during Jackson’s contracted time with the label.

That deal does not include newly discovered material. This could mean that other record companies could bid for the collection of songs.

Eddie Cascio, who’s 28, is the second oldest son of Dominick (Sr.) and Connie Cascio, who were friends of Jackson since the 1990s, Dominick Cascio Sr. met Jackson in 1984-85 when he was the general manager at the Helmsley Palace Hotel in New York City. Jackson recognized the Cascios immediately as a “normal” family, and quickly befriended them. Since Jackson’s death, the Cascios have been frequent visitors at Katherine Jackson’s home in Encino, California.

Over the years, Jackson reciprocated the Cascios’ hospitality with enormous generosity. Although the Cascios were not named in Jackson’s will, the song tracks should prove to be multi-million dollar bonanza—and a lasting gift to people whom he really considered family.

The Cascio’s were so close to Jackson that a message from them, written by Eddie, was included in the booklet distributed at Jackson’s Staples Center memorial service in July 2009. Here’s what it said:

“Doo Doo, It is only once in a lifetime where you meet a true Angel sent
from the Heavens above. I count my blessings each day for I have experienced Heaven on
Earth. The wisdom, guidance, and knowledge will always be remembered and put into
action. I thank you for the memories, for they will remain in my heart forever and ever.
Our friendship will always be treasured. I write on behalf of my family.
We promise to always remain ‘The First Family of Love’. :roll:   8-)
From the Bottom of our Hearts
WE THANK YOU and will love you FOREVER and ALWAYS.
ANGEL ‘Dr.Heat’ Cascio and the Cascio Family”    

c2010 Showbiz411.com

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Exec claims vocals on upcoming Michael Jackson album don't belong to pop star, fights with Sony

Gatecrasher

Tuesday, November 2nd 2010, 4:00 AM
Michael Jackson collaborated with his friend's son Eddie Cascio in 2007, but a music exec claims the voice on the songs doesn't belong to the pop icon.
De Souza/Getty
Michael Jackson collaborated with his friend's son Eddie Cascio in 2007, but a music exec claims the voice on the songs doesn't belong to the pop icon.
Today in GatecrasherIt sounds like Sony would like one of the executors of Michael Jackson's estate to just beat it.

A record executive familiar with the multimedia giant's efforts to put out a posthumous album of new Jackson songs says co-executor John McClain has been a real drag on Sony's efforts to get the music out for the holidays.

Sony appears to have won the war - it's expected to announce a release date for the album soon. But the larger question is whether McClain has put a lasting crimp in his relationship with his co-executor, entertainment lawyer John Branca, and with Jackson's label.

The source said the friction began over tracks Jackson recorded in 2007 with Eddie Cascio, the son of longtime friends from New Jersey, as Showbiz 411 columnist Roger Friedman reported last week.

When Sony reached a deal to release the songs and farmed out five tracks to producers such as Teddy Riley for polishing, McClain, who worked with Jackson, "refused to be involved," the source says. He chose to work on two non-Cascio tracks that Jackson had left behind. But the source says that when Sony suits heard McClain's efforts, they deemed the production "dated."

On the other hand, the label "liked the Cascio tracks and wanted them on the album," as did Branca, the source adds.

That's when McClain raised "a ruckus." As Friedman reported, McClain claimed the vocals on the Cascio tracks were not really those of Jackson. Sony has since brought in forensic experts who've concluded they are.

But McClain "refuses to accept it," the source explains, because he wanted "creative control." Now, the source hints, some involved in Jackson's legacy want McClain to ease on down the road.

A spokeswoman for Sony declined to comment, and a spokesman for Jackson's estate also declined to comment.

With Carson Griffith and Molly Fischer

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

Re: Who Is Eddie Cascio??
November 07, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
So, is Sony releasing MJ's new album? Or is it being released under the Cascio's label? And who would get the royalties? Sony? The Estate? The Cascios' label? This is confusing...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

November 08, 2010, 02:21:56 AM
Did Sony and The Estate sign a big contract ? I heard this, one of the biggest in music history, so I think this album is on Sony's label...  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

mac5k

November 08, 2010, 03:43:17 AM
From Epic website:

The much anticipated album of newly completed recordings from Michael Jackson entitled MICHAEL. will be released on December 14 by Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 08, 2010, 05:09:10 AM
So much confusion in these articals!   :?

One thing which makes me just kinda wonder a little bit, the name of the person who was supposed to have been the original vocals on the Cascio tracks "Bobby Ewing"   I may be way off the beaten track here, but I got to say in, in the 1970s early 80s there was a USA TV Series we also got it in the UK to  called  "Dallas" in this series of Dallas was also a character "Bobby Ewing" in the series the character of Bobby Ewing "died" but came back from the dead when he just came out of the "shower" and it was like his death had been a dream, bit like the recent film (carnt remember the name even though Ive seen it) where characters are able to go into their dreams when asleep so you dont know what is real and what is the dream. Sorry Im rambling, but that name "Bobby Ewing" just bothers me :shock:  :?

details of tv show for reference You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thus, his character of Bobby died when he was run over by a car driven by his sister-in-law, Katherine Wentworth. This proved to be a mistake as it left the show without one of its most popular characters. Larry Hagman persuaded Duffy to return to the series the following season. Dallas scriptwriters created a storyline which featured Pam waking up to find Bobby in the shower (in the May 1986 cliffhanger episode) - with the realization that the storylines of the preceding season, including the accident, were nothing more than a lengthy dream sequence (thus invalidating the entire 1985-1986 season of the show).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 08, 2010, 05:27:46 AM
Quote from: "Ijustcantstoplovingu"

One thing which makes me just kinda wonder a little bit, the name of the person who was supposed to have been the original vocals on the Cascio tracks "Bobby Ewing"   I may be way off the beaten track here, but I got to say in, in the 1970s early 80s there was a USA TV Series we also got it in the UK to  called  "Dallas" in this series of Dallas was also a character "Bobby Ewing" in the series the character of Bobby Ewing "died" but came back from the dead when he just came out of the "shower" and it was like his death had been a dream, bit like the recent film (carnt remember the name even though Ive seen it) where characters are able to go into their dreams when asleep so you dont know what is real and what is the dream. Sorry Im rambling, but that name "Bobby Ewing" just bothers me :shock:  :?

details of tv show for reference You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thus, his character of Bobby died when he was run over by a car driven by his sister-in-law, Katherine Wentworth. This proved to be a mistake as it left the show without one of its most popular characters. Larry Hagman persuaded Duffy to return to the series the following season. Dallas scriptwriters created a storyline which featured Pam waking up to find Bobby in the shower (in the May 1986 cliffhanger episode) - with the realization that the storylines of the preceding season, including the accident, were nothing more than a lengthy dream sequence (thus invalidating the entire 1985-1986 season of the show).

OH MY GOD! YOU THOUGHT THE SAME!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"... and the truth shall set you free" David Icke

November 08, 2010, 05:38:26 AM
Quote from: "MFFreedom"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  so is this trying to tell us something?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 08, 2010, 06:05:46 AM
Everything since June 25, 2009, was just one big awful dream. :(  8-)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 08, 2010, 06:10:57 AM
Quote from: "MFFreedom"

Thus, his character of Bobby died when he was run over by a car driven by his sister-in-law, Katherine Wentworth. This proved to be a mistake as it left the show without one of its most popular characters. Larry Hagman persuaded Duffy to return to the series the following season. Dallas scriptwriters created a storyline which featured Pam waking up to find Bobby in the shower (in the May 1986 cliffhanger episode) - with the realization that the storylines of the preceding season, including the accident, were nothing more than a lengthy dream sequence (thus invalidating the entire 1985-1986 season of the show).[/color]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  so is this trying to tell us something?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ... I just repeat some of what you've written above:... just SLIGHTLY hoax-ized:

The world waking up to find Michael Jackson alive and well (in the June 25, 2009 cliffhanger episode) - with the realization that the storylines of the preceding happenings, including the 'death', were nothing more than a lenghty reality check sequence - thus invalidating the entire 6/25/09 - recent season of the show.

Something like that?  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"... and the truth shall set you free" David Icke

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
November 08, 2010, 06:32:51 AM
[youtube:78b52682]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuSc_3-NE2Y&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:78b52682]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ijcsly

November 08, 2010, 11:32:25 AM
wait a sec! wasn't there something to do with a dream in the Jackson show last year? Was it Jermaine who was either filmed in hazy way or actually mentioned a dream?? I was already thinking then OMG they're gonna pull a Bobby Ewing on us :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

November 08, 2010, 11:41:46 AM
There must be a reason why he called himself Bobby Ewing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

finfin

November 08, 2010, 02:15:33 PM

Please take a look at this, when I googled Bobby Ewing singer, I couldn't upload the photo, but to me he looks like E Casanova

Last update: 04 Nov 2010 09:51 AM

Home: AMERICA NORTH: USA:New York (NY)
Members: Bobby Ewing
Genre: Pop
Influences:
Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Biography
It's a fresh new start for music manager and mogul, Frank Dileo, who has re-entered the music scene with new projects. The first of such projects is new recording artist, BOBBY EWING. The Liberian-born singer/songwriter/producer currently resides in New York City but was raised in Liberia and Tennessee. The singer makes his radio debut this week with a new take on The PussyCat Dolls' "Buttons" track. His version of the song is called "Exotic Dancer". The song is released solely as a promotional record for the artist but will be remixed with new music for an upcoming album. The popular website, Myspace.com, has been raving about "Exotic Dancer" for a few weeks now and in its first week of release, "Exotic Dancer" has been burning up the dance floors and radio around the US and Canada. Frank Dileo former manager for Michael Jackson. Prior to that he was a record executive at Sony Music then called CBS Records. CONTACT: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login WELCOME TO MY FRIENDS FROM MYSPACE...THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

November 08, 2010, 06:55:07 PM
I taught that bobby guy looked the split of jackie's son dealz...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In Our Darkest Hour, In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care? Will You Be There?
In My Trials And My Tripulations
Through Our Doubts And Frustrations
In My Violence, In My Turbulence
Through My Fear And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
I\'ll Never Let You Part, For You\'re Always In My Heart.

November 09, 2010, 05:56:26 AM
Quote from: "finfin"

Please take a look at this, when I googled Bobby Ewing singer, I couldn't upload the photo, but to me he looks like E Casanova

Last update: 04 Nov 2010 09:51 AM

Home: AMERICA NORTH: USA:New York (NY)
Members: Bobby Ewing
Genre: Pop
Influences:
Website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Biography
It's a fresh new start for music manager and mogul, Frank Dileo, who has re-entered the music scene with new projects. The first of such projects is new recording artist, BOBBY EWING. The Liberian-born singer/songwriter/producer currently resides in New York City but was raised in Liberia and Tennessee. The singer makes his radio debut this week with a new take on The PussyCat Dolls' "Buttons" track. His version of the song is called "Exotic Dancer". The song is released solely as a promotional record for the artist but will be remixed with new music for an upcoming album. The popular website, Myspace.com, has been raving about "Exotic Dancer" for a few weeks now and in its first week of release, "Exotic Dancer" has been burning up the dance floors and radio around the US and Canada. Frank Dileo former manager for Michael Jackson. Prior to that he was a record executive at Sony Music then called CBS Records. CONTACT: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login WELCOME TO MY FRIENDS FROM MYSPACE...THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT...

This seems strange to be, the link in myspace dont work gives error message.  what I really find odd is highlighted in red.

Edit... it wont let me high lift the text, the thing I find odd is Bobby Ewing is [colorLIBERIAN BORN  :shock: =#FF0000][/color] Bobby can be male or female so this could be Liberian Girl or Boy if you see where Im am going with this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions