~Souza~Topic starter

Kelvin McKenzie: Jackson was an abuser and his children should never have been born
TUESDAY, 9 NOVEMBER 2010

It has been a while now since I blogged about Michael Jackson. There are two main reasons for this. The first is that in the wake of my last Huffington Post article I became the subject of some rather bizarre conspiracy theories. The second is that there hasn't been much to write about. I have been careful to avoid throwing my hat into the ring over trivial issues partially because I haven't wanted to draw attention to myself in recent months and partially because I don't want to start repeating myself.

However, today I was informed of an incident which I couldn't ignore. Former editor of the UK's Sun newspaper Kelvin MacKenzie today appeared on ITV's 'This Morning' and claimed that Michael Jackson was a child molester and that his children are better off now that he's dead.

He made the outrageous comments in the wake of a moving interview with Jackson's children, conducted by Oprah Winfrey, in which the three kids recounted what a wonderful father Jackson was and how they missed everything about him.

Here is a partial transcript of the exchange:

[Clip of Paris Jackson speaking about what a wonderful father Jackson was and recounting how she missed going to art galleries with him.]

Kelvin MacKenzie: Well it's nice of her to say that about her dead father but I have a much more significant question about how and why some of those children were born and under what circumstances, and whether in the end he would have turned out to be a great father. Certainly there are aspects of him that your audience would raise their eyebrows at. In fact the death of Michael Jackson may well have saved some children from a lifetime of being mentally corrupted.

Philip Scofield (Host): We don't know that, though.

MacKenzie: No, but at the same time he has faced a number of charges and allegations and I feel the children are better off now he has died.

Schofield: I am sure they would disagree with you.

MacKenzie's comments were despicable. He demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the US justice system and for the ethics of his profession. Jackson was proven innocent in a court of law and acquitted of any wrongdoing. But it's not unusual to witness misinformed pseudo-experts talking rubbish about Jackson's court case. More alarming in this case was the callousness MacKenzie demonstrated in claiming that the children were better off now that their father was dead.

The comments were, first and foremost, wildly inaccurate. He'd just watched the children recall what a wonderful dad Jackson was to them and list the copious reasons why they missed him every waking day of their lives. There is certainly no evidencial basis on which MacKenzie could possibly claim that the children had been rescued from abuse or corruption by their father's death. The comments were, secondly, completely heartless. He acted as though he was concerned for the children's wellbeing and yet thought nothing of making a series of despicable comments about them and their father. How does he think that will be beneficial to their well-being? In brief, Kelvin MacKenzie is a hypocrite.

He's also a bigot. In the past he has claimed that he tailored his newspaper to those who hate 'wogs' and 'queers'. He has a long and provable bias against Jackson and, as editor of the Sun, was responsible for countless inaccurate and heavily biased stories about the star. Given MacKenzie's long and demonstrable hatred of Michael Jackson, questions must be asked as to why exactly he was asked onto the show in the first place, unless producers were specifically angling for exactly the kind of cruel and heartless comments that he wound up making.

Fans wishing to complain directly to the television show can do so by emailing You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

However, they will be required to supply a UK address and telephone number.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for posting this. I was introduced to Charles Thomson when I added him as a friend on facebook. He emailed and was asking how he would know me before he accepted my request. I responded that he didn't and would not but that I was a fan of his writings and interpretations of MJ and that I found him to be very fair and appreciated the fact that he did not just "go along" with the other media hype just for ratings. We emailed back and forth via FB a few more times and I found his insights into the Jackson's to be very fair and accurate. We need more reporters/journalists like him in this world. The kind that won't sell their soul just for a dollar.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I close my eyes just to try and see you smile one more time
Its been so long now all I do is cry
Cant we find some love to take this away
Cause the pain gets stronger every day
Cant you see I dont wanna walk away

~Souza~Topic starter

While driving home from work right after I posted this, I got an idea. I think we should do something about this as a group.

This Kelvin McKenzie is best buddies with Rupert Murdoch, which should say it all. Just read his Wiki page to see what kind of tabloid asshole he is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is not stated in Charles' blog what the program was he appeared on, but after reading his Wiki page I bet it was the program 3@Three: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

This weekend TMZ published this article:

11/7/2010 12:45 PM PST by TMZ Staff  

A group of Michael Jackson fans have banded together and fired off a scathing letter to the people behind JacksonSecretVault.com -- calling for the site to stop the "exploitation of Michael Jackson, his grieving mother, his beloved children and his legacy."

The letter contains a laundry list of complaints against the site, among their objections:

-- The exploitation of Michael’s elderly mother in the marketing, selling and merchandising from the Jackson Vault.

-- The use and brokering of Michael Jackson’s children to promote events, merchandise and interviews.

-- The use of the demeaning term, “Jacko” in the Jackson Vault website and press release. A degrading term that Michael himself, spoke openly against and thought was insulting.

This has all come about because of the release of a song on JacksonSecretVault.com -- which was first billed as a new song that had the blessing of Katherine Jackson ... but was later determined to be neither.

If they can, so can we. I think we should write a letter to the program and broadcast company as "Michael's Army of L.O.V.E." with the use of the OFCOM codes Charles mentioned in his blog and demand a rectification on the statements. We should mail this to them with a CC to every media outlet there is, all over the world. We could sign it with our first names or usernames (whatever people feel comfortable with) and our country, to show we are not just a small group, but a real army still growing. We al could give it a shot and post letters on here so we can pick the best one, or combine two or more to make it perfect. I know last time we exposed the Sun after the Dave Dave stories, other media outlets were very willing to mention that in their copy-and-paste article. One Dutch newspaper even told us that was the only reason they reported the story at all. I also think, siince we can't seem to get everyone on the same page about an extra website for the charities, we could use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for this. We could use that site to publish everything the media mis reports, our action against it etc. If we agree one day about an extra site for charities, we can use lilwendy's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for that, because she also offered her domain for that cause. In that way we can refer to a site, spread it and educate the people about the media's malicious reports, without giving them a reason to ridicule us because we are those 'nutters that think Michael Jackson is still alive". There's nothing that can't be done, if we raise our voice as one. Let me know your thoughts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

I totally agree, we can't just sit back and let people come out with such horrible blatant lies. I'm 100 % in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I close my eyes just to try and see you smile one more time
Its been so long now all I do is cry
Cant we find some love to take this away
Cause the pain gets stronger every day
Cant you see I dont wanna walk away

Count me in as well! Happy to front the OFCOM one if we require a UK address, I will comment further later on your proposal Souza.

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Andrea

I think that's an awesome idea!  I was actually thinking the other day how the other "MJ groups" seem to have a voice in the media and we don't really.  And TMZ likes us, maybe if we did something as a group for MJ, we'd get our own article!  I wonder how they would write about us...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I am totally on board with this.  

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good people to do nothing.

We NEED to do something about this!  Thanks Souza!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
Count me in as well! Happy to front the OFCOM one if we require a UK address, I will comment further later on your proposal Souza.

With L.O.V.E

Oh yes, everyone in the UK should also report it to OFCOM.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

Count me in too. I will not stop until people see once and for all he is innocent. His struggle has become like my struggle since a long time and I will fight for his justice till the end of time
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mac5k

I support your initiative and I'm also with you Souza !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tarja

count on me. You don't even need to ask me, I'm in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

PJ4MJ

I'm in, too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Brilliant idea Souza, I'm in the UK so will be complaining to OFCOM personally too, this man should not have been allowed on TV to perpetrate this kind of slander.  His behaviour has shocked even me and I know exactly how much of a dirt-rag The Sun is.  I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine from the fans who will no doubt be ready to mobilise over this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Here is the email address so that those of you not in the UK can complain directly to the TV channel (ITV) who broadcast this.  No need to a UK address doing it this way:

I have just sent my complaint off.  Just so that you know, the show is called 'This Morning' and was broadcast today, 9th Nov 2010 on ITV.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal