No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Re: propofol story and strange things
November 24, 2009, 06:34:48 PM
i had IV on the front of my hand and beside giving a blue mark that lasts days, hurts and u feel sored once is removed. Every move is painful.

I meet patients with IV´s on their thoes, bahind the knees etc and they had it on those places when the veins were too bad on the hands after many days os use. Those patients had severe infections or sickness.

Any medical doc or anestetic expert in the room? :geek:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

November 25, 2009, 04:14:31 PM
@ Gem . you are rite when veins are collapsed any prominent vein we ask the staff  to maintain  for iv lines specially for very sick terminal patients but they are Not the first choice to place them  and where no veins are seen  we prefer to perform a venous cut down in those cases but again in serious patients at ICU   i think you might have seen it on dorsum of foot( i.e on the front)_ or at the side of foot  and in children at the head ,other than that in emergency a tube in introduced in the neck if forearm veins are not visible
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

November 25, 2009, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
@ Gem . you are rite when veins are collapsed any prominent vein we ask the staff  to maintain  for iv lines specially for very sick terminal patients but they are Not the first choice to place them  and where no veins are seen  we prefer to perform a venous cut down in those cases but again in serious patients at ICU   i think you might have seen it on dorsum of foot( i.e on the front)_ or at the side of foot  and in children at the head ,other than that in emergency a tube in introduced in the neck if forearm veins are not visible

little bit different for MJ but my son was 10mths old an had to have one in his head!! it was awful!! he had like a cone pot on the side to cover the drip!!

my point on this.. IV drips are not something to be considered lightly!! i'm a phlebotomist in the UK so i take blood everyday.. dealing with veins.. its not an easy task!! i know taking blood is not the same as putting stuff in but its still using veins!!

and we need a decent vein to take blood.. so administering something in they would have to have a really good vein as surface as we say would just burst and be useless!! and cause bruising!! maybe useless to you guys but makes perfect sence to me!!

and looking at pictures of MJ he had super veins in his arms!! didn't see any marks on TII!!

sorry in my job thats what i look at first on a person!! like a vampire!! lol :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 25, 2009, 04:45:53 PM
@ lisa , you wrote  what exactly i wanted to convey  to others thanks for making that easier for me ,thats what i was trying to say maintaining an Iv line aint  like  pricking with a  a needle and thats all,  you cant place the cannula over the same place again n again,
                   sometimes  the blood oozes out and the vein eventually  collapsed one has to be very careful to maintain Iv lines specially in emergency cases
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

November 25, 2009, 05:08:59 PM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
@ lisa , you wrote  what exactly i wanted to convey  to others thanks for making that easier for me ,thats what i was trying to say maintaining an Iv line aint  like  pricking with a  a needle and thats all,  you cant place the cannula over the same place again n again,
                   sometimes  the blood oozes out and the vein eventually  collapsed one has to be very careful to maintain Iv lines specially in emergency cases

i think to be honest its hard for people to understand unless you do this for a living!! so hopefully we've made some sence here to help others understand!!

p.s surface veins are veins that you can see like bluey purple thin like veins!! they look like good veins you can take blood from or put an IV in!! but in truth they are no good especially if their very thin stringy looking veins!!

i get it all the time patients saying "can't you use this vein" and the answer is NO sorry!!..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 25, 2009, 05:25:58 PM
Lol !! yeah people say it oftenly here is the veins its a good one bla bla ,

well to be very honest i really get upset everyone is telling a lie.
  the truth will prevail i m just sick of this one liner i was deeply sadden when i read a member saying that he /she flunk her exams ,  all the fake accounts.fake informers   who are bringing false hope to the people dont know how much damage they are causing , even the family why they cant open up and tell the truth so that everyone get out of this crazy ride , why they are keeping things to them selves ,if they cant subtract some one pain why are they adding miseries ,i wish i could l do something to lessen this   distress  . lets hope and pray for the best ! God bless
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lou

November 27, 2009, 04:07:53 PM
This propofol story has too many holes... some points I simply don't understand: they say MJ was addicted to it, but how long has he been addicted? Do the reports say the addiction started this year or years ago? I'm asking this because if he was really addicted and if this was an old addiction, one can assume he was injected with anesthetic everyday or almost every day and it should have been very dangerous. How come he survived so long?

On the other hand, if the addiction started recently, before he rented dr Murray, who provided him the injection previously? Is this person being investigated too?

If the addiction started with dr. Murray, who had the idea of giving MJ propofol? Did he suddenly start begging for it?? I know I have too many questions and I might have missed something, but even so, it's hard to believe in all this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 27, 2009, 04:52:49 PM
This so called adiction is a lie.

Professional people as you are have made clear how veins work....and I have seen it as well.

Come on! they are selling crap!  :evil:

He did not shoot himself. He was afraid of niddles for heavesn sake  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

November 27, 2009, 05:06:13 PM
I dont buy the addiction either ,if he was addicted all  these years someone would have blabbed to the press ,its gotta be part of the hoax and when that BAM happens all will be explained  keep the faith
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions