No reactions
No reactions
Michael's Vision - The Immortal Experience

anewfan

Re: Full Album Cover art
December 23, 2010, 07:19:43 PM
Quote from: "dejavu"
Oh, and don't forget the Three Stooges, Michael loved the Three Stooges

Thanks for the info on PT Barnum....for some reason I was thinking he was another character on the page.

Doesn't it look like it says "E-Bay" in Moe's hair? (I think that was his name...the one on the left.)  It looks like there are other letters/numbers in addition to the word E-Bay as well. Anyone else see it?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

nWo

December 28, 2010, 09:26:18 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Full image. Not able to embed because of the width being more than 750 pixels.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2010, 09:58:04 PM
I still don't understand why the crown isn't on MJ's head.  Why does it look as if the crown is about to be placed or is being removed?  Michael Jackson will forever be the undisputed King of Pop and why that is not clearly depicted is baffling to me. I know that in whatever the promo is where all the pieces in the mural move, the crown is then placed, but those moving pieces aren't the images we're saturated with. We're focused and most familiar with the still image of the cover.   MJ earned that crown, dammit.  I'm very disturbed by this.  Does anyone have any idea why his crown is situated this way?   :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2010, 10:05:22 PM
Quote from: "SoldierofLOVE"
I still don't understand why the crown isn't on MJ's head.  Why does it look as if the crown is about to be placed or is being removed?  Michael Jackson will forever be the undisputed King of Pop and why that is not clearly depicted is baffling to me. I know that in whatever the promo is where all the pieces in the mural move, the crown is then placed, but those moving pieces aren't the images we're saturated with. We're focused and most familiar with the still image of the cover.   MJ earned that crown, dammit.  I'm very disturbed by this.  Does anyone have any idea why his crown is situated this way?   :x

I imagined it to be the re-crowning of the King. He's coming back to reclaim what's his. The center picture looks kind of sinister, and I say that with the utmost respect of course. He's claiming his crown and putting his foot down.

Well that's just my interpretation, of course.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

December 28, 2010, 10:16:54 PM
@backstager: thanks.  That's a good interpretation, which I can work with.   And, it would have to be something like this to even consider the image used for the album cover.  If true, Michael is in control and directed the cover as he did the artwork for Dangerous. Therefore, it signals to me that Sony does not have the final word and they will not be a part of Michael's future work. That gives this entire project a different meaning to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2010, 05:31:57 AM
Quote from: "backstager"

I imagined it to be the re-crowning of the King. He's coming back to reclaim what's his. The center picture looks kind of sinister, and I say that with the utmost respect of course. He's claiming his crown and putting his foot down.

Well that's just my interpretation, of course.  :)

Yes, it very well could imply the recrowning of the king (which I tend to personally believe).....but I also think it is portrayed in this fashion (elevated in the air) to first and foremost emhasize "Michael" the man, as stressed in the simplicity of the album title "Michael".

P.S. I love you, Michael! Thanks for another compilation of heartfelt work that touches my soul and makes my heart sing!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

finfin

December 29, 2010, 05:59:49 AM
michaelsupporter said
Yes, it very well could imply the recrowning of the king (which I tend to personally believe).....but I also think it is portrayed in this fashion (elevated in the air) to first and foremost emhasize "Michael" the man, as stressed in the simplicity of the album title "Michael".

P.S. I love you, Michael! Thanks for another compilation of heartfelt work that touches my soul and makes my heart sing!!!!

I agree with you. Perhaps he now wishes to be known just as "Michael" not Michael Jackson

I also LOVE the album, it is a gift to us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

December 29, 2010, 06:42:44 AM
i adore the album cover its so Michael - beautiful and heartfelt. Micheal  had to have had a say in the album cover for sure. The central Micheal image has a definitely Mona Lisa effect going on - the eyes follow you around the room.He's watching us...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

anewfan

December 29, 2010, 11:47:44 AM

Hi SoldierofLOVE! Here is a video of the artist that created the album cover saying that Michael  is being crowned by two cupids. He doesn't go into detail about being re-crowned or anything, but he is definitely not being de-throned. The video is only 1 minute long if you want to check it out. I think it may just be depicting the moment in time that he became the King Of Pop?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

December 29, 2010, 02:48:30 PM
Great vid on the album art...
This is the second one I've seen and yes Michael is BEING CROWNED in both.
What get's me is why the difference in the Album Cover Art concerning the important women in his life... @ 0.34 - 0:43
Oprah, MaDonna, & Liz among others are shown in the video but REMOVED on the Album version.  :shock:   OK I get MaDonna & Oprah... :lol: But why is Liz removed  :cry: and Dianna Ross moved to another area?  Who the heck is that blond?! DR?!  GAG.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

December 29, 2010, 03:09:22 PM
I too was wondering why Liz wasn't on the cover, after all her and Mike were so close. Maybe she objected or she didn't give permission for her image to be used on the album cover??? .Is Karen Faye on the cover - i haven't looked that close yet - lol?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

December 29, 2010, 04:01:05 PM
The woman who is thought to be Jane Fonda, might be Suzanne DePasse, when she was young.  I didn't see her anywhere else. Did anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 30, 2010, 09:47:07 AM
Quote from: "Bianca28"
Quote from: "trustno1"
That's from the Ghosts video Bianca it was on the cover if I remember right.

Yes I know it's the ghosts cover, but it really doesn't look the same to me. Look at the lips, nose, cheeks....really looks like oprah to me.

You're right...that doesn't look quite the same; it does look like Ms O.
Seeing "Ghosts" Oprah?  :lol:  "Threatened?"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

January 01, 2011, 08:25:07 PM
Does anybody realize that the word "alive" seems to be embedded in his lips?  Am I just seeing things?  I would like to see this in high definition for a closer look.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions