becTopic starter

Re: Is HMH not quite as it seems?
November 17, 2010, 02:35:06 AM
Quote from: "Snoopy71"
Quote from: "bec"
Snoopy I was starting to think I was alone in this. I'm glad you noticed too. It was also an immediate connection I made, and I have never thought of MJ as gay! Not that I would care, I've just never gotten a vibe in that direction to have a preconceived notion from.

But the gay audience is minute, really super tiny. Considering gays make up ~10% of the population, and certainly not all gay people like the same music, so we're talking a small cross section of 10% of the population? I don't think market targeting makes much sense here either, but it's an interesting thought.

I personally don't care if Michael is straight, gay, bi-sexual or metro sexual...that's his business, I just dissect what information is presented to me.

I only say "targeting a gay audience" because of recent "trending media events" could fuel their motives.  Issues like same sex marriage, artists who are now "openly" gay like George Michael or Ricky Martin etc...

Akon must have sensed the reception of this song would raise eyebrows eventually because of his need to "prove he is not gay" in the media.

So then you are left with the lingering question...what's this song and its release really all about?  :?:

Interesting and looks like you hit the nail on the head.

What is it all about? What's the album all about? Certainly strange how they are going about it. It's as if it's not a very good set of tracks. Why pay $250 mil for mediocre music from an embattled dead pop icon.... and then go about promoting it (or not) like this?

It's just all off. It fits right in with the hoax, in any number of scenarios... and seems to fit into "dead MJ reality" not at all... almost seems to good to be true.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

*Mo*

November 17, 2010, 02:48:13 AM

What is interesting here is that Hold My Hand was released almost at the same time the Beatles hit i-Tunes (who doesn't know their hit I Want To Hold Your Hand?) and the announcement of the official Prince William / Kate Middleton engagement.  Prince William revealed he asked Kate's father for her hand in marriage.

Marriage proposal -> asking for a woman's hand in marriage -> I Wanna Hold Your Hand -> Hold My Hand.

When you take a good look at this image, you can clearly see an "M" in it:

The "M" of Marriage..?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

robd

November 17, 2010, 03:04:00 AM
Personally I don't think the track is weak, I like it alot, the message I get from the song is to love, pure and simple, L.O.V.E. If you love someone you hold their hand, gives you a warm feeling of not being alone.

Maybe my ears are playing tricks with me, but at the start of the song I hear "I'm alive" and at the end I also hear "home again" instead of "hold my hand".

Remember MJ loves to create controversy and get the world talking about him ... this album is doing exactly that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 03:13:38 AM
Okay @Bec I did not mean your narrow mindedness, that is why I said our.

I read the comments on youtube and I know what the OP means, that it has a chance to be misconstrued and so they should not have used this song. You must understand that there are many haters out there, so they will twist and turn any good song of Michael's into something negative, just so that he does not succeed. You must have read the bad comments about Do you know where your children are too.

There have been many male duets before (like bridge over troubled water) and none of them have ever been homosexual - so why should we allow the haters to make us feel that way. Akon is definitely not gay so maybe we just need to nullify the negativity to this song. Remember how simple Enid Blyton books have been twisted saying that Noddy was gay when she just meant to use the word as happy?

Thanks to TMZ we also have confirmation of the theme for this video - it isn't gay at all. And now people will make fun of the no hands guy, but I am sure the video will show that those who can't stretch their hand out will be embraced.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
November 17, 2010, 03:17:27 AM
Quote from: "robd"
Personally I don't think the track is weak, I like it alot, the message I get from the song is to love, pure and simple, L.O.V.E. If you love someone you hold their hand, gives you a warm feeling of not being alone.

Maybe my ears are playing tricks with me, but at the start of the song I hear "I'm alive" and at the end I also hear "home again" instead of "hold my hand".

Remember MJ loves to create controversy and get the world talking about him ... this album is doing exactly that.
[/b][/u]

Yeah, you aren't kidding on that one! WOW :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 17, 2010, 03:38:11 AM
Quote from: "simalves"
Okay @Bec I did not mean your narrow mindedness, that is why I said our.

I read the comments on youtube and I know what the OP means, that it has a chance to be misconstrued and so they should not have used this song. You must understand that there are many haters out there, so they will twist and turn any good song of Michael's into something negative, just so that he does not succeed. You must have read the bad comments about Do you know where your children are too.

There have been many male duets before (like bridge over troubled water) and none of them have ever been homosexual - so why should we allow the haters to make us feel that way. Akon is definitely not gay so maybe we just need to nullify the negativity to this song. Remember how simple Enid Blyton books have been twisted saying that Noddy was gay when she just meant to use the word as happy?

Thanks to TMZ we also have confirmation of the theme for this video - it isn't gay at all. And now people will make fun of the no hands guy, but I am sure the video will show that those who can't stretch their hand out will be embraced.
[/u]

It's an interesting theme....trying to hold hands with someone who doesn't have one. I know this from personal experience because a friend of mine is an amputee (both hands and both legs up to the knee)...and most people are afraid to touch her or feel uncomfortable around her. I hold her "hand" and embrace her all the time and I can tell it makes a difference in how she feels about her situation. I think people will be less likely to mock the perception of the song if they did see the video in this way....but yes you will have some people who will make fun of it just because. :roll:

Another thing that got me to thinking about this whole "hand holding" was on Michael's Invincible album the song "Whatever happens"...he repeatedly says "don't let go of my hand"...which I would take to mean, that even if you don't have a "hand" or are reaching out for something that isn't there, hold on to what you can, don't let go and have faith.

One thing is for sure there are many ways to interpret this song and it's release...whether it's gay or humanitarian...if the "M" on the art is for "marriage" or "Michael"...there are several layered meanings...which makes me think this album is part of the hoax...there's a bigger message to all this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 04:53:15 AM
Have you people lost your minds?????   This song was leaked 2 yrs ago and is nothing but a lovley  lovely song! I have not read all the post but are you people nuts !!

This is a song that sent chills up my spine the first time I heard it and as I have it on my ipod I have listened to it over and over again and it is just a SONG....a very nice song......a very lovely song by two people who respected one another and wanted to collaberate on a song together.

It is a great song for goodness sake just listen to the song and enjoy it. Who cares about a freaking picture ( which is very nice in my opinion)  

Stop now and go to bed and get up in the morning and stop trying to see things where there are no things to see .  Just my opinion
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E - Love Overcomes Virtualy Everything

November 17, 2010, 07:20:36 AM
I too see HMH as a lovely song and not much else.  MJ has dueted with Freddie Mercury, Eddie Murphy, Lenny Kravitz & wanted to duet with Prince at one point.  He also worked with Michael Jordan in "Jam"... All of this doesn't mean anything - other than the fact that MJ liked/likes to collaborate.  As for the meaning of the album, I don't even want to think about it before the album comes out.

I'm a little intrigued by the following: If we assume MJ is alive, why do we keep talking about "the estate" making decisions?  An "estate" only exists when a person has died.  But wouldn't MJ be making all the decisions if he were/is alive?  And if so, would that contract with Sony exist at all?  Couldn't MJ find other ways to release his albums?!  He could have his own record company!  MJ wanted to release himself from Sony, to have nothing to do with it... I'm very puzzled about this, and am surprised that more people aren't discussing this. And NO, MJ doesn't own half of Sony (I mean, it's very unlikely); he only owns 50% of the Sony/ATV catalog, which is a part (only a part) of Sony Music Entertainment - which in turn is a small part of "Sony".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 17, 2010, 08:34:02 AM
Quote from: "LovelyLurker"
Have you people lost your minds????? (Firstly, no need to be rude- everyone has an opinion just like you, which is why we came here to express it-just like you)  This song was leaked 2 yrs ago and is nothing but a lovley  lovely song!

I have not read all the post but are you people nuts !!
(Second, you may want to try to do this first before making a comment, if you had read any of it, you'd understand the purpose of the thread)

This is a song that sent chills up my spine the first time I heard it and as I have it on my ipod I have listened to it over and over again and it is just a SONG....a very nice song......a very lovely song by two people who respected one another and wanted to collaberate on a song together. (You are right it is a lovely song-but that's not what this thread is about)

It is a great song for goodness sake just listen to the song and enjoy it. Who cares about a freaking picture (The visual representation of a song is just as important as the song itself, it can set the tone of its meaning)

Stop now and go to bed and get up in the morning and stop trying to see things where there are no things to see .  (Again, no need to be rude, If you yourself are comfortable in your life to only see the surface of things, then that's your perogative, but don't berate others who choose to dig deeper.)

Just my opinion
[/u](If you share this in a respectful manner, more people are apt to listen to your point of view. ;) )
Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:36:36 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
I am going to disagree with you on this. I love the song and that picture is of a man on the left holding the hand of a woman on the right.
The bodies are shaped differently, the body on the left has muscles...masculine looking and the arm on the right is more slender, the hand appears smaller and more feminine, look at the wrist. All only IMO of course.

[attachment=0:15v3lazo]HMH.jpg[/attachment:15v3lazo]

hmmm feminine body with no waisteline ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

all4loveandbelieve

November 17, 2010, 08:40:18 AM
I am going to disagree with you on this. I love the song and that picture is of a man on the left holding the hand of a woman on the right.
The bodies are shaped differently, the body on the left has muscles...masculine looking and the arm on the right is more slender, the hand appears smaller and more feminine, look at the wrist. All only IMO of course.

[attachment=0:18jhlrkz]HMH.jpg[/attachment:18jhlrkz]

Yes it is a man and a woman holding hands, and also It makes the letter M.. for Michael..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 17, 2010, 08:44:33 AM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"

[attachment=0:1bnjgz6z]HMH.jpg[/attachment:1bnjgz6z]

To me this could have been clarified if they had shown a full body silhouette (head to toe) - then you would know conclusively it is a man and woman. But they did not do this, so it seems it was very intentional that the wanted anyone looking at it to get a "different meaning" out of the song, something more than just the simple act of holding hands.  People have commented that this song could represent humanitarian or brotherly love---so then if you take that meaning from it, why would they show just a picture of a man and woman's silhouette holding hands which would indicate it is a "romantic song" instead? You can't have it both ways.... :?

It's like his song "Leave Me Alone"- the video was about Michael being harrassed by the media and all the things they critcized him for, yet the lyrics of the song are about a woman.  So you can't conclude "Hold my hand" is one dimensional...

I think the artwork related to this album is going to be just as interesting as the songs themselves. and there is more to this song than it seems.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 09:00:40 AM
To me it sounds like a calming, soothing song which symbolically could stand for us and Michael, he's holding hands with us, leading the way to the light. No matter when it actually was leaked first, it just fits into the phase of the whole hoax ( upcoming controversy ) we are in right now. I don't see any gay context or connection.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
 “Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 17, 2010, 09:15:39 AM
Thanks for all your insight on this, guys. I had heard the original version of this song a long time ago, so when I heard the version with MJ I was kind of disappointed that it sounded exactly like the original. Nothing new. Not a bad song, but I would have to agree with it being somewhat "weak" (in MJ standards, which are high). I didn't initially get the homosexual vibe, BUT...I just remembered an interesting convo I had with a friend the other day about the new song "Do you know where your children are". I sent the link to my friend in Chicago to check it out. He said he'd have to listen to it a bit later but he asked me what it was called. When I told him the title, he's like "whoa, really? that's an interesting choice for a title..." hinting towards the child molestation charges. The song itself is simply amazing and not creepy in any way, but certainly someone had to realize that giving it that title would raise some eyebrows unfortunately. Perhaps that is the point though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

suspicious mind

November 17, 2010, 09:18:38 AM
Quote from: "Snoopy71"
Quote from: "suspicious mind"

[attachment=0:1gag2ys2]HMH.jpg[/attachment:1gag2ys2]

To me this could have been clarified if they had shown a full body silhouette (head to toe) - then you would know conclusively it is a man and woman. But they did not do this, so it seems it was very intentional that the wanted anyone looking at it to get a "different meaning" out of the song, something more than just the simple act of holding hands.  People have commented that this song could represent humanitarian or brotherly love---so then if you take that meaning from it, why would they show just a picture of a man and woman's silhouette holding hands which would indicate it is a "romantic song" instead? You can't have it both ways.... :?

It's like his song "Leave Me Alone"- the video was about Michael being harrassed by the media and all the things they critcized him for, yet the lyrics of the song are about a woman.  So you can't conclude "Hold my hand" is one dimensional...

I think the artwork related to this album is going to be just as interesting as the songs themselves. and there is more to this song than it seems.

so maybe we can all look at anything and see if differently according to our preconcieved notions?
i am off to look at leave me alone again :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal