PJ4MJTopic starter

Controversy Rages Over New 'Elvis' Recordings
January 13, 2011, 03:27:59 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1/13/2011 11:40 AM PST by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained a 30-second clip from what could be a historic recording of Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis back in 1960 -- their only duet in existence -- but there's a problem ... some people claim it ain't legit.

The clip allegedly features Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis shooting the breeze at Jerry's house -- and based on the audio, Jerry's a big fan of the King.

A guy named Rod Lambert from Nashville tells TMZ, he bought the tape over ten years ago at a yard sale ... and only recently discovered that he could have a piece of rock and roll history on his hands.

An audio forensics expert verified that the voices on the tape were indeed Elvis and Lewis ... but Lambert -- who posted more of the clip on his website -- tells us, the company in charge of Elvis' catalog denied it was really the rock legend.

Lambert claims the full 30-minute version of the tape contains some pretty explicit dialogue -- and although Elvis doesn't say much ... according to Lambert, Lewis wasn't so cautious, saying things like, “If you don’t like Jerry’s peaches, then get your f**kin’ ass away from my tree."

Check out the clip for yourselves and decide. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow - thanks for sharing! Interesting that this guy would "all of a sudden" think he had a piece of history on his hands...like he didn't know who it was before or what? Is this for real?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

trublu

Hahahahahaha!

Deja vu! Breaking news anyone? lol

How obvious can you get TMZ!!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Wow - thanks for sharing! Interesting that this guy would "all of a sudden" think he had a piece of history on his hands...like he didn't know who it was before or what? Is this for real?

I agree.  It does seem strange that the guy would have had it all of this time, and never listened to it before now.  Unless he bought a box with several tapes in it and set this one aside since it didn't have a formal cassette cover/insert.  Or maybe he has been watching shows like Pawn Stars, Auction Kings or Antiques Road Show and decided to finally listen to the tape to see if he may have hit the jackpot, lol!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "trublu"
Hahahahahaha!

Deja vu! Breaking news anyone? lol

How obvious can you get TMZ!!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I thought the same thing when I read this  :lol:

Just one more "coincidence' connecting MJ AND Elvis   ;)

Love and Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mdc

Ok, wait. Wasn't Elvis said to have went to the dentist the night before he "died" or something along those lines. With the other story about Blanket and now this one on Elvis, something jogged my memory. Or am I wrong?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

“If you don’t like Jerry’s peaches, then get your f**kin’ ass away from my tree."

If it is true that this phrase exists, that wants to say :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "mdc"
Ok, wait. Wasn't Elvis said to have went to the dentist the night before he "died" or something along those lines. With the other story about Blanket and now this one on Elvis, something jogged my memory. Or am I wrong?

Yes, Elvis had gone to the dentist the night before he died.  In fact, I think it is the last place that he went.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJTopic starter

Yes, I thought the parallel to the recent controversy over MJ's recordings made it worth posting this little tidbit.  I don't get the URL, though.  It ends with "explicit-oral-sex" ?  I guess that must be alluding to the explicit dialogue this guy Lambert claims in the full 30-minute version.  Just kinda weird to use that as an identifier, TMZ, especially when the clip or story makes no mention of any such thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Quote from: "PJ4MJ"
Yes, I thought the parallel to the recent controversy over MJ's recordings made it worth posting this little tidbit.  I don't get the URL, though.  It ends with "explicit-oral-sex" ?  I guess that must be alluding to the explicit dialogue this guy Lambert claims in the full 30-minute version.  Just kinda weird to use that as an identifier, TMZ, especially when the clip or story makes no mention of any such thing.
“If you don’t like Jerry’s peaches, then get your f**kin’ ass away from my tree."

Sorry.  Also Elvis sounds a little tippy to me... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

TMZ bringing Elvis news lately...like this and that song 'My way' by Frank Sinatra that Harv sang didn't Elvis sing that 8 weeks before he died...wonder why they are bringing Elvis up now is it too remind us of the Eliza case or Elvis' upcoming BAM.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
The 14th January 1973, was when Elvis recordered/released "MY WAY".....this is the anniversary today.......

Sometimes, it may be an idea to see the coincidences with Elvis in History, and compare that to Michael Jacksons hoax clues...........

Elvis made television and entertainment history with his 'Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii - Via Satellite' concert special. Performed at the Honolulu International Center Arena on January 14, 1973 at 12:30 AM Hawaiian time, it was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to Australia, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, South Vietnam and other countries, and was seen on a delayed basis in approximately thirty European countries.
  My Way - Aloha From Hawaii 1973  (03:56)

[youtube:2hoz3fhd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDc9UpioR8[/youtube:2hoz3fhd]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
The 14th January 1973, was when Elvis recordered/released "MY WAY".....this is the anniversary today.......

Sometimes, it may be an idea to see the coincidences with Elvis in History, and compare that to Michael Jacksons hoax clues...........

Elvis made television and entertainment history with his 'Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii - Via Satellite' concert special. Performed at the Honolulu International Center Arena on January 14, 1973 at 12:30 AM Hawaiian time, it was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to Australia, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, South Vietnam and other countries, and was seen on a delayed basis in approximately thirty European countries.
  My Way - Aloha From Hawaii 1973  (03:56)

[youtube:x8i66aii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDc9UpioR8[/youtube:x8i66aii]

I absolutely love Elvis's version of My Way!  I'm still trying to find a good live 1976-1977 version, but haven't found one yet.  I read somewhere one time that Elvis put even more soul into the song in the later years than he even did during the Hawaii show, and I would love to hear a really good later version of it.  I have it from the South Dakota show in June, 1977, but the sound quality isn't great and it just doesn't seem as good as the Hawaii version.  Alas, I will keep looking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ijcsly

Quote from: "mdc"

Wow thats too weird! Did'nt that happen with James Brown too just before he died??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PJ4MJTopic starter

Quote from: "MJonmind"
Quote from: "PJ4MJ"

Sorry.  Also Elvis sounds a little tippy to me... :?

Okay, thanks...guess that one went right over my head.   :lol:   I wouldn't exactly call that "explicit," though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions