Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
This Is It ... Michael Jackson Scores Grammy Nom
12/2/2010 6:00 AM PST by Johnny Lopez  

Michael Jackson has earned a posthumous Grammy nomination for the song "This Is It."

Michael is nominated for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance and is up against Michael Bublé, Adam
Lambert, Bruno Mars
and John Mayer.
[/u]If Jackson wins it will be his 14th Grammy award.

Gallery: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Indeed Michael, who else? I have not even heard about those guys taht also nominated. Who are they?
Michael is gorgeous, I mean GORGEOUS!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

AND THE GRAMMY GOES TO MICHAEL JACKSON WHOOHOO!!! HERE TO ACCEPT IT IS........M..........WOT? MICHAEL JACKSON HIMSELF LOL! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wasn't this song "found" after Michael "died"?  We have never heard him sing it live, correct?  The recordings we hear on the This Is It soundtrack are two different ones, correct?  Which one is nominated? From what I understand, this song was never to be included with the O2 concerts.  It was only after Michael passed, that it came into light and became the cornerstone for the movie and soundtrack.....lucky break in the title ;)
Don't get me wrong, I really like the song....always have.  
It speaks volumes to me.  I have never believed the song was just found randomly.  What are the odds?......TS, help a poor girl out, LOL.
I am thrilled beyond belief he is nominated for this song.  I tried to find information on the the nomination process for dates and when a song is released.  Anyone know exactly by when a song needs to be released in order to qualify for that year's nominations?  In February 2011, they are giving awards for late 2009 work.....is this correct?  Just curious.....I should have been a cat!  
Go Michael, Go!

Blessings Always!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Quote from: "wishingstar"
 Anyone know exactly by when a song needs to be released in order to qualify for that year's nominations?  

Good question!!

According to this -

Nomination process

The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010.  (This is It was released in October, 2009 so it is technically eligible.)

Record companies and individuals may submit recordings to be nominated. The entries are entered online and then a physical copy of the product must be sent to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Once a work is entered, reviewing sessions are held by over 150 experts from the recording industry. This is done only to determine whether or not a work is eligible or entered into the proper category for official nomination.

The resulting list is circulated to all NARAS members, each of whom may vote to nominate in the general field (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) and in no more than nine out of 30 other fields on their ballots. The five recordings that earn the most votes in each category become the nominees. There may be more than five nominees if there is a tie in the nomination process.

After nominees have been determined, final voting ballots are sent to Recording Academy members. They may then vote in the general fields and in no more than eight of the 30 fields. NARAS members are encouraged, but not required, to vote only in their fields of expertise. Ballots are tabulated secretly by the major independent accounting firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. Following the tabulation of votes the winners are announced at the Grammy Awards. The recording with the most votes in a category wins and it is possible to have a tie. Winners are presented with the Grammy Award and those who do not win are given a medal for their nomination.

In both voting rounds, Academy members are to vote based upon quality alone. They are not supposed to be influenced by sales, chart performance, personal friendships, regional preferences or company loyalty. The acceptance of gifts is prohibited. Members are urged to vote in a manner that preserves the integrity of the academy.

Also this link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

It's cool that it would be his 14th! I think he has it in the bag, because today on the radio they said MJ was easily the highest selling artist of this year, outselling Lady Gaga and some others (can't remember the names) combined. And they haven't even started selling the MJ game, DVD and CD for Christmas. I went, "Yeah Michael" at work. At the store I was looking through the new Guinness World World Book, and it said Michael was the most famous man on the planet.  :o  :shock:  :D  

On the This Is It song being sung way back, but pulled out now for the TII movie doc, what are the chances he just randomly co-wrote this song with Paul Anka, but now we know the significance, numerology, connection to Elvis' This Is It, and on and on. I think he somehow knew then and planned ahead. Then it makes me wonder how many other songs has he pre-recorded for future stages and parts of his hoax, up to BAM, I'm thinking the latest in 2012.

I also just want to mention that when I was looking at the books, there was a young mom with two boys about 5 & 7. She showed them a big book with MJ's Thriller face on the front, and they got all excited, "Michael Jackson". So I asked if they were fans and she said, "Oh yeah". I told her about the WII and CD coming out and she thought that was great. But when I asked her if she believed he was alive, she looked very shocked, and said that of course he was dead, and that it would be very, very sad if he would do something like that. She added that it would be aweful. She said, "He's dead" like she was convinced, so I just left it, but wondered about the way people think, that they'd rather he was dead. I guess they think it would be mean of him to fool kids and fans just to get attention and make more money. Makes me wonder at the world's reaction when Michael BAMs. :(  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "pepper"
Quote from: "wishingstar"
 Anyone know exactly by when a song needs to be released in order to qualify for that year's nominations?  

Good question!!

According to this -

Nomination process

The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010.  (This is It was released in October, 2009 so it is technically eligible.)

Record companies and individuals may submit recordings to be nominated. The entries are entered online and then a physical copy of the product must be sent to the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Once a work is entered, reviewing sessions are held by over 150 experts from the recording industry. This is done only to determine whether or not a work is eligible or entered into the proper category for official nomination.

The resulting list is circulated to all NARAS members, each of whom may vote to nominate in the general field (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) and in no more than nine out of 30 other fields on their ballots. The five recordings that earn the most votes in each category become the nominees. There may be more than five nominees if there is a tie in the nomination process.

After nominees have been determined, final voting ballots are sent to Recording Academy members. They may then vote in the general fields and in no more than eight of the 30 fields. NARAS members are encouraged, but not required, to vote only in their fields of expertise. Ballots are tabulated secretly by the major independent accounting firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. Following the tabulation of votes the winners are announced at the Grammy Awards. The recording with the most votes in a category wins and it is possible to have a tie. Winners are presented with the Grammy Award and those who do not win are given a medal for their nomination.

In both voting rounds, Academy members are to vote based upon quality alone. They are not supposed to be influenced by sales, chart performance, personal friendships, regional preferences or company loyalty. The acceptance of gifts is prohibited. Members are urged to vote in a manner that preserves the integrity of the academy.

Also this link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I looked all over for this information......thank you, pepper!  It would seem it's a valid nomination.  Still curious about it all....must be that cat in me ;)
Thanks again!
Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Quote from: "Andrea"
Seems only right that MJ should win his 14th Grammy (7+7).
Posted at:
12/2/2010 6:00 AM  1+2+2+2+1+6= 14...again.

Yes!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

I am not saying Adam deserves it over Michael but guessing how this will go I say Adam is fixing to get that Grammy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

curls

Quote from: "scorpionchik"
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
This Is It ... Michael Jackson Scores Grammy Nom
12/2/2010 6:00 AM PST by Johnny Lopez  

Michael Jackson has earned a posthumous Grammy nomination for the song "This Is It."

Michael is nominated for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance and is up against Michael Bublé, Adam
Lambert, Bruno Mars
and John Mayer.
[/u]If Jackson wins it will be his 14th Grammy award.

Gallery: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Indeed Michael, who else? I have not even heard about those guys taht also nominated. Who are they?
Michael is gorgeous, I mean GORGEOUS!

Same here! I know I'm very old (well, older than MJ!) and so not up to date with current pop music, but the only one I've heard of is Michael Buble and I thought he was opera not pop!!

Seems kind of strange if a song's release date, rather than recording date, is the criteria for acceptance. As others have said, seems like MJ has it in the bag forever!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

Adam Lambert stayed on the charts forever this past year and his videos were everywhere. AI runners up have usually gained more stardom than the actual winners except for Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. I want Michael to win but expect some possible heat from Adam.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

"Posthumous" nomination???  :shock:  

:roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Please don't call me stupid, but it isnt Michaels song :?  :?

It was co-written with Paul Anka and wasnt there alot of problems with this..???

It was written together when MJ was 20 yrs.  They found this song in his draw...????
[youtube:3r1xdtkd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VHPV8ReIfY&feature=related[/youtube:3r1xdtkd]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
"Posthumous" nomination???  :shock:  

:roll:

occurring or coming into existence after a person's death; "a posthumous award";
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who died?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"
Who died?  :lol:

Well, in the "real world" (at least) Michael is dead.  And he hasn't BAM-ed yet, so as Larry King said, "He's still dead by the way."  Last year's Lifetime Achievement Award, accepted by Prince and Paris, was also "posthumous".

I'm thrilled too that Michael's nominated, but find "This Is It" an odd song to be nominated for - as some of you have already pointed out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions