The BAD Theme
December 02, 2010, 09:37:50 PM
I said in a previous post that I am starting to see themes running through this adventure. The first one I mentioned was The Burn Victim (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). This second one is the BAD theme, based from the album, song and era. Below are all the connections I made with this adventure and the BAD theme, some based on factual clues and some based on speculation.  

Factual Clues
- Most of the photos used in the memorial were from the BAD era. At the very end, there’s even a picture of Michael behind the camera from the video, Liberian Girl, which was a single released from the BAD album.

- The photos used on the cover of the funeral program and the stands by the casket were from, again, Liberian Girl’s single photoshoot.
Link to PDF of Program: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

-On October 11, 2010, TMZ released photos from the Oprah interview with Jackson’s mother, father and children. In the photos, there are shots of the home. Did you notice that the pictures displayed in the home are all from the BAD era and earlier? Check it out for yourself…
Katherine & Joe Jackson Do 'Oprah'

10/11/2010 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff  

Katherine and Joe Jackson sat down with Oprah Winfrey this weekend to tape a segment for O's show ... and TMZ has the first photos.

As we first reported, production trucks for Oprah's show were parked outside the Jackson compound in Encino for the better part of Saturday. In the photos, Oprah can be seen meeting with several family members and getting the tour of the house.

We're told the interview focused heavily on Michael Jackson (duh) -- talking about his life, his kids and the book Katherine put together about his life.

No word yet on when the episode will air.

Source:http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/11/katherine-jackson-oprah-winfrey-show-michael-jackson-photo/

Check out the photos here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

- In the 2010 Grammys Tribute performance, the photos used were from the BAD era or earlier.

[youtube:1vnulwj7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6CQ4le3XI[/youtube:1vnulwj7]

Speculation Clues
- Soon after June 25th, an ambulance photo was released from NPG. There are many oddities about this photo, which has been pointed out by many of you. One of the oddities was the fact that Michael looks younger as if this photo could be taken from the BAD era.

- On the cover of the as-yet-released album, Michael, Michael Jackson resembles himself during the BAD era. (I do know that you can argue that the photo resembles him during the Thriller era as well so this may be pushing it.  :lol:)

- The Michael Joseph Jackson Community (MJJC)’s message board member, BACK implied in his conclusion of the New Seven Day Theory that this adventure was in the works for 20 years:
Of a tHeOrY or Vision
As one who embodies "vision" past 20/20, occurrences of the future are often "experienced". But many times this "experience" comes in the form of internal jolts, indicative of something of great significance. Séance hoaxes are not applicable.There are tIMEs when details are sparse, but abundant enough to "see" the grandness, just as it was in this magnetism towards the tHeOrY of sEVEN.

Exit Angel Gabriel----enter Angel Michael

Luke 1:36

"And in the sixth month the angel (Gabri)el was sent from God unto a city......
.........espoused to a man whose name was Joseph..."
And in the sixth month the angel (Micha)el was “statused” by God in a city...(of Angels)
.........espoused to a man whose name was Joseph.

On 6-25-09, tIME took a literal backseat to the mOMENt. I could always "see" a Silhouette on a Grand-stage, once again taking over the World. Perhaps also parallel in holding to our proclamation that this was NOT a "comeback", but a take-over. This was it. And in a thunderous sense,----- it was. It just didn't dawn on me that that Grand Stage would be in the Heavens; A visual Staple-d to the Center of our minds for all eternity.

Physically--no more, but with us in an eternal Angelic presence. We witnessed the beginning of this transfer on 7/7 of this historical year.

As History has shown, reflected through the books and logics of many faiths, Prophets do and have walked amongst us. They have sometimes been Angels in the temporary casts of both tIME and human flesh. And in their allotted tIME, their purposes have most often been message DeLIVErance.

In the separation of major tIME factions in our planetary HiStory, specifically Birth of Christ (BC) To nearly 2009 years post his physical exit (AD), there's only one other Worldly figure that has been bestowed the powers to reach EVERY corner of the globe. And that Heavenly Gift was the Incomparable Michael Jackson.

2+5, The days of Christ and Michael.

Although many other Great Worldly figures, ranging from Martin to Mother Teresa, have graced this Earth with soul driven purposes that have benefited humanity, there have ONLY been two who have been subjected to literal crucifixions; before, during and after their deaths. And even in the face of these crucifixions, they both maintained hearts filled with love, sensitivity and care for all man/woman-kind. They carried rare emotional connections to and concerns for every single poor and sick person on the planet; Especially the children. They were in-tune with the necessary nurturance that this magnificent creation we inhabit requires for survival. They both never stopped giving and wanting to give more! They even carried compassion and hope for those who were consumed with evil and sought to do them both harm. An EXTREME rarity!

Christ was the savior of lives once as a physical being
So too was Michael Jackson.
I’m sure there are “many” here on this very board who can attest to that. My word itself does not have to be taken as conclusive. The proof will be provided through acknowledgement.

Throughout the decades of the modern tIMEs we live, many Great figures have suffered untIMEly demises. Deep reflection of these occurrences will or should give you great pause. The easiest approach up until about 20 years ago was always by the bullet. What changed the trend? Well, along came awareness, suspicion, and non-acceptance of "stories" that carry potholes in logic. Thus, it demanded a necessity for more elaborate plans of execution that are now used as a means of thwarting the full truth. This process had to be in magnification ten fold in order to end the physical existence of the most famous person walking this Earth. Many OTHER attempts had failed, even though they left enormous wounds. You see, evil always goes for the jugular by attacking a person's greatest strength. Michael Jackson's greatest strength was pure love. The antagonist of such a principle is hate. So they used that pure love and coupled it with another of his strengths towards healing and caring for sick children to formulate perhaps the most wickedly contrived fiction in history. The goal was to create the most egregious of perceptions and marvel with pleasure and amusement at its historically noted difficulty to disprove. But I'm of the vision that this stain too shall be removed in due course. In fact, I have intuition that the subject of the first narrative has already, years ago, righted that wrong behind the scenes. For that individual or even those of his acquaintance, who are ambivalent about the “open” approach & legalities, these initials (T-M) are your "key". Trust ME!

Though the hands of tIME still move incrementally, tick-tock, tick-tock, it is quickly running thin on the 2 decade long, elaborate planning that culminated in this execution. I can now understand that "vision" of 6/25/06 relapse", with CLARITY. This is no conspiracy theory! However, believe as you may. But believing and knowing--- are two different things.

Arms, wrist and feet. Bludgeoned through the veins.
Arms, wrist and feet, Poisoned through the veins.
Two different Kings, with different Reigns.
And The End result shall be the same.

JUSTICE........For it is already written!

And shall be illUMINATED! (E. Chandler— I hope you left proper notice repenting---the inferno awaits and you shall become a believer in what you didn’t before. HELL is your EQUALIZER. You’ve earned it!

“With all the ingredients—is it Simmering---can you smell it—how long before the “pie” is done.” – As many have realized, IT would have been greatness to an infinite degree.

Mr. Jackson--- you know I still have your back--- until my end.
Connected

KEEP Watchin'.......

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Twenty years ago points to 1989, which is during the BAD era.

If you wish to learn more about BACK, click here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

- Speaking of BACK, there is also a possibility of a connection between BACK’s signature and the BAD tour. Towards the end of the Human Nature performance, there is a green light that pops up that looks really similar to the "green galaxy" signature of BACK.

Thanks to Serenity_Dream for the screencaps.
[youtube:1vnulwj7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAH-8tRbZdw[/youtube:1vnulwj7]
Original posting: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now with all of this evidence, what would be the significance of BAD to this adventure? Well that is something that I am going to investigate and for you to find out. If you wish to add any other pieces of evidence to this connection, please feel free to post it. Thanks in advance. More postings will come in the near future about this. Until then, here are the lyrics to BAD...

Your Butt Is Mine
Gonna Take You Right
Just Show Your Face
In Broad Daylight
I'm Telling You
On How I Feel
Gonna Hurt Your Mind
Don't Shoot To Kill
Come On, Come On,
Lay It On Me All Right...

I'm Giving You
On Count Of Three
To Show Your Stuff
Or Let It Be . . .
I'm Telling You
Just Watch Your Mouth
I Know Your Game
What You're About

Well They Say The Sky's
The Limit
And To Me That's Really True
But My Friend You Have
Seen Nothing
Just Wait 'Til I Get Through . . .

Because I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
Come On
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
You Know It
Come On, You Know
And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once Again,
Who's Bad . . .

The Word Is Out
You're Doin' Wrong
Gonna Lock You Up
Before Too Long,
Your Lyin' Eyes
Gonna Take You Right
So Listen Up
Don't Make A Fight,
Your Talk Is Cheap
You're Not A Man
You're Throwin' Stones
To Hide Your Hands

But They Say The Sky's
The Limit
And To Me That's Really True
And My Friends You Have
Seen Nothin'
Just Wait 'Til I Get Through . . .

Come On
You Know It
You Know It, You Know
Answer Right Now
(And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You Once Again,
(Just To Tell You Once Again)
Who's Bad . . .

We Can Change The World
Tomorrow
This Could Be A Better Place
If You Don't Like What I'm
Sayin'
Then Won't You Slap My
Face . . .

Come On
You Know It
You Know It, You Know

Woo! Woo! Woo!
(And The Whole World Has
To Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once
Again . . .)
Come On
You Know It-You Know It
You Know, You Know, You
Know, Come On
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You

You Know I'm Smooth, I'm
Bad, You Know It
You Know I'm Bad, I'm
Bad Baby
You Know, You Know, You
Know It, Come On
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Woo!

You Know It
You Know I'm Bad-You
Know-Hoo!
You Know I'm Bad-I'm Bad-
You Know It, You Know
Answer Right Now
Answer Right Now)
Just To Tell You Once Again . . .
(Just To Tell You Once
Again . . .)
Who's Bad?

Source:http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/bad.html
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

MJonmind

Re: The BAD Theme
December 03, 2010, 03:20:09 AM
Excellent work looking4truth! I totally agree with you. If the Bad era is indeed his beginning of the concrete plans for the hoax/The Scenario, then it makes sense that Bad era photos are exclusively chosen for the ambulance pic, funeral, memorial, CD cover and on and on. It's like a full circle. Even though the hoax appears to be a big lie, deception, bringing shock and grief to the world and his followers, there is a bigger picture. He is being BAD for GOOD. Something good is going to come from this. MJ once said that BAD was "bad in a good way." I posted about a large charity in my city with this same idea. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Back
"As one who embodies "vision" past 20/20, occurrences of the future are often "experienced". But many times this "experience" comes in the form of internal jolts, indicative of something of great significance."
My theory is that MJ as a child (shown in his poems) knew vaguely that he had special calling and purpose, and as he got older started receiving visions about his calling and his future purpose, started receiving a plan. But they were unclear at first and muddled/disjointed. By the time BAD was produced this plan was clear and fairly detailed, although he may not have known of all the hardships he would encounter. It's so hard to guess how much he knew.

"And in their allotted tIME, their purposes have most often been message DeLIVErance. "
"In the separation of major tIME factions in our planetary HiStory, specifically Birth of Christ (BC) To nearly 2009 years post his physical exit (AD), there's only one other Worldly figure that has been bestowed the powers to reach EVERY corner of the globe. And that Heavenly Gift was the Incomparable Michael Jackson. "
"...there have ONLY been two who have been subjected to literal crucifixions; before, during and after their deaths. And even in the face of these crucifixions, they both maintained hearts filled with love, sensitivity and care for all man/woman-kind. "
"Christ was the savior of lives once as a physical being
So too was Michael Jackson."
"Arms, wrist and feet. Bludgeoned through the veins.
Arms, wrist and feet, Poisoned through the veins.
Two different Kings, with different Reigns.
And The End result shall be the same."
I know it offends many, but to me it is crystal clear, IMO that he is claiming equivalency to Jesus. As sort of another incarnation, as was Michael the Archangel in the Old Testament pre-Jesus era, something that Jehovah's Witnesses believe. No where has MJ ever said he believed in Jesus for his salvation, etc., but only that he wanted to live like Jesus in imitation. His motto has always been to study the masters/greats and become greater.

Bad
"And the whole world has to answer right now.""You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-
You Know It
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)"
"We Can Change The World
Tomorrow
This Could Be A Better PlaceIf You Don't Like What I'm
Sayin'
Then Won't You Slap My
Face . . ."
After BAM the world is either going to hate him or love him. And the haters have already slapped his face plenty. The world will have to choose. It ain't going to be pretty; could get rough and ugly.  I choose to love Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 05:56:45 AM
Sorry for a stupid, ignorant, off-topic question:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
when was this  tHeOrY or Vision posted on MJJC? I missed that date...  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

MJhasSpoken

December 03, 2010, 08:26:10 AM
I dont know where I heard this from but didnt it say somewhere that Arnie Klien was going to make MJ the way he looked before in the Bad era ( Im not saying I believe this but I think I heard it on this forum before)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 08:56:32 AM
Yeah, there was a rumour like that. I heard about that, too. I think it's just a fairy tale... But who knows...
You never know with Michael Jackson... Maybe he is going to look like on the cover of "Michael"?  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

~Souza~

December 03, 2010, 09:07:46 AM
Reminder to read later.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 09:38:00 AM
Quote from: "VeryLittleSusie"

VeryLittleSusie - I found the information you were looking for:
it was June 25, 2006

:lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 09:47:43 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Reminder to read later.

me too  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 03, 2010, 10:48:11 AM

I am not sure if you mean the original theory or the one I quoted in the post. If you mean the one I quote, I think that was posted on November 18, 2009. The original theory was posted on June 25, 2006.

If you want to see screencaps of the conclusion to the theory that I posted, you can go here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and click on the twitpic links that are midway the linked page. Here's a link to the original theory that was posted on June 25, 2006: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login And for more info on BACK, you can go here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Okay I hope I covered all your questions. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 11:05:00 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
Excellent work looking4truth! I totally agree with you. If the Bad era is indeed his beginning of the concrete plans for the hoax/The Scenario, then it makes sense that Bad era photos are exclusively chosen for the ambulance pic, funeral, memorial, CD cover and on and on. It's like a full circle. Even though the hoax appears to be a big lie, deception, bringing shock and grief to the world and his followers, there is a bigger picture. He is being BAD for GOOD. Something good is going to come from this. MJ once said that BAD was "bad in a good way." I posted about a large charity in my city with this same idea. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, bad can mean in slang 'really good' like "That song is bad man..." My dad used to say it all the time in reference to certain jazz songs. You also make a good point that he could be playing a role as the "bad guy" (the liar, the manipulator) to produce good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 11:22:01 AM
Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"
I dont know where I heard this from but didnt it say somewhere that Arnie Klien was going to make MJ the way he looked before in the Bad era ( Im not saying I believe this but I think I heard it on this forum before)

I do remember that rumor. I checked TMZ and couldn't find it so I am not sure where that come from but I'll see if I can find it later. Thanks for that tidbit. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 03:55:13 PM
Before we go into why the BAD era could be connected to this adventure, I think it's best to look at general info about BAD so here is what I researched:  

General Information

Release Date: August 31, 1987
Recorded Dates: January – July 1987
Length: 48:16
Label: Epic
Producer: Quincy Jones & Michael Jackson

Tracklisting:
No.    Title    Writer(s)    Length
1.    "Bad"      Michael Jackson    4:07
2.    "The Way You Make Me Feel"      Michael Jackson    4:57
3.    "Speed Demon"      Michael Jackson    4:01
4.    "Liberian Girl"      Michael Jackson    3:53
5.    "Just Good Friends" (featuring Stevie Wonder)    Terry Britten, Graham Lyle    4:06
6.    "Another Part of Me"      Michael Jackson    3:54
7.    "Man in the Mirror"      Siedah Garrett, Glen Ballard    5:20
8.    "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (featuring Siedah Garrett)    Michael Jackson    4:11
9.    "Dirty Diana"      Michael Jackson    4:41
10.    "Smooth Criminal"      Michael Jackson    4:17

2001 Special Edition (Extra Tracks)
No.    Title    Writer(s)    Length
11.    "Leave Me Alone"      Michael Jackson    4:40
12.    "Quincy Jones Interview #1"           4:03
13.    "Streetwalker"      Michael Jackson    5:49
14.    "Quincy Jones Interview #2"           2:53
15.    "Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu" (featuring Siedah Garrett)    Michael Jackson, Rubén Blades    4:05
16.    "Quincy Jones Interview #3"           2:30
17.    "Spoken Intro to Fly Away"           0:08
18.    "Fly Away"      Michael Jackson    3:26

* Re-issues of Bad feature a number of changes when compared to the original 1987 release:[69]

1. "Bad" has a modified horn arrangement.
   2. "The Way You Make Me Feel" has richer vocalizations and background vocals.
   3. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" omits Michael Jackson's spoken intro.
   4. "Dirty Diana" is replaced with the 7-inch edit of the song.
   5. "Smooth Criminal" omits the dramatic breathing within the intro.

Singles Released:
1. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" Released: July 20, 1987
2. "Bad" Released: September 7, 1987
3. "The Way You Make Me Feel" Released: November 9, 1987
4. "Man in the Mirror" Released: January 9, 1988
5. "Dirty Diana" Released: April 18, 1988
6. "Another Part of Me" Released: July 11, 1988
7. "Smooth Criminal" Released: October 24, 1988
8. "Leave Me Alone" Released: February 13, 1989
9. "Liberian Girl" Released: July 3, 1989

About Bad
Bad is the seventh studio album by American songwriter and recording artist Michael Jackson. The album was released on August 31, 1987 [1] by Epic/CBS Records, nearly five years after Jackson's previous studio album, Thriller, which went on to become the world's best-selling album. Bad itself sold over 30 million copies worldwide, and shipped eight million units in the United States alone, and has been cited as being one of the best selling albums of all time. Bad is the only album to have five of its singles peak at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. Similar to Jackson's previous music material, the album's music features elements of R&B, pop and rock.

Bad was recorded throughout 1987. The lyrical themes on the record relate to paranoia, romance and self-improvement. Bad is widely regarded as having cemented Jackson's status as one of the most successful artists of the 1980s, as well enhancing his solo career and being one of the best musical projects of his career. Despite the album's commercial and critical success, it has been viewed as a relative failure when compared to the sales of Thriller.

Ten of the eleven songs on Bad were released as singles; one was a promotional single and another was released outside of the United States and Canada. One of the singles charted within the top-ten, and another charted within the top-twenty on the Hot 100. The single that was released outside of the United States and Canada was commercially successful, charting within the top ten and top twenty in multiple territories. Bad peaked at number one in seven countries, as well as charting within the top twenty in other territories. The only song on the album which wasn't released as a single was "Just Good Friends". Siedah Garrett was involved in the Bad album. She co-wrote Man in the Mirror and she and Michael sang I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

Bad saw Jackson exercise even more artistic freedom than he did with his two previous Epic releases (Off the Wall and Thriller). On Bad, Jackson composed nine of the album's eleven tracks and received co-producer credit for the entire album. The album continued Jackson's commercial success in the late 1980s and garnered six Grammy Award nominations, winning two. Aside from commercial success the album also received positive reviews from contemporary critics. Bad was ranked number forty three in the 100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation in 2009 by VH1. It was ranked number 202 in Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. The album marked the final collaboration between Jackson and producer Quincy Jones.

Background and production
For the majority of Jackson's career as a member of The Jackson 5, he and his brothers did not have creative control and were not allowed to write material for any of their musical projects. When Jackson began work on solo music projects, while still a member of the band, he received more creative freedom on his studio albums Off the Wall (1979) and Thriller (1982); both albums were commercial successes. For Bad Jackson had the same creative freedom.[2]

One of Jackson's previous albums, Off the Wall, was a critical success, receiving generally favorable reviews.[3][4] It was also a commercial success worldwide, eventually selling over twenty million copies worldwide. Jackson's next studio album, Thriller, was similar to Off the Wall; it was a critical and commercial success. Thriller has reportedly sold one hundred million units worldwide,[5] the best-selling album since its release in the early 1980s.[6]

Bad was the first studio album Jackson released after leaving The Jackson 5 and the first in an almost five-year period following Thriller.[6] Bad was the third, and final, musical collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones. The album was produced by Jones, with co-production credit given to Jackson.[7] Jackson began recording demos for the anticipated follow-up to Thriller a few months after the 1984 Victory Tour with The Jacksons. Recording took place between January 5, 1987, and July 9, 1987.[7]

Jackson wrote a reported sixty songs for the new album and recorded thirty, wanting to use them all on a three-disc set.[2] Jones had suggested that the album be cut down to a ten-track single LP.[2] When the album was released on CD, a bonus 11th track, "Leave Me Alone" was included.[7] It was later released as a single. Jackson was credited for writing nine out of eleven of the songs on the album.[2] Other writing credits included Terry Britten and Graham Lyle for "Just Good Friends" and Siedah Garrett and Glen Ballard for "Man in the Mirror".[7]

Composition
"Bad" was originally intended as a duet between Jackson and musician Prince.[2] Other artists that were supposed to be featured on the album were Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand; none of those collaborations ended up happening.[2] The album's songs lyrics pertain to romance and paranoia; paranoia was a frequent theme for Jackson, having used it on his previous albums.[9] Allmusic noted that Bad moved Jackson "deeper into hard rock, deeper into schmaltzy adult contemporary, deeper into hard dance — essentially taking each portion of Thriller to an extreme, while increasing the quotient of immaculate studiocraft."[9]

"Dirty Diana" was viewed by critics as a "misogynistic",[9] and its lyrics pertaining to a sexual predator, do not aim for the "darkness" of "Billie Jean"; but instead, sounds equally intrigued by an apprehensive of a sexual challenge, while having the opportunity to accept or resist it.[8] "Leave Me Alone" was described as being a "paranoid anthem".[9] On "Man in the Mirror," the song was described as Jackson going "a step further" and offering "a straightforward homily of personal commitment", which can be seen in the lyrics, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror/I'm asking him to change his ways/And no message could have been clearer/If you wanna make the world a better place/Take a look at yourself and then make a change."[8] The lyrics to "Speed Demon" are about driving fast.[10] "Bad" was viewed as a rived "Hit the Road, Jack" progression with lyrics that pertain to 'boasting'.[8]

"Liberian Girl"s lyrics were viewed as a "glistening" with "gratitude" for the "existence of a loved one".[8] "Smooth Criminal"s music showed resemblance to "the popcorn-chomping manner" of "Thriller."[8] "Smooth Criminal" was thought of as an example to "Jackson's free-form language" that keeps people "aware that we are on the edge of several realities: the film, the dream it inspires, the waking world it illuminates".[8] The music in "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", a duet with Siedah Garrett, consisted mainly of finger snaps and timpani.[8] "Just Good Friends", a duet with Stevie Wonder, was view by critics as sounding good at the beginning of the song, but eventually becomes a "chin-bobbing cheerfulness".[8] "The Way You Make Me Feel"'s music consisted of blues harmonies.[6] "Another Part of Me"s lyrics deal with being united, as "we".[6]

Release and marketing
Multiple people standing inline. Three women have short blonde hair, a man with curly brown hair and a man wearing a navy cap.
People attending a concert from Jackson's Bad World Tour in Germany in 1988.

Prior to the release of Bad Jackson used marketing to his advantage, more so than he had with Thriller. A year before Bad's release, Jackson used several tactics to get the media interested in his short film, Captain EO, during the recording of Bad. Jackson played a space captain in the mini-film, which was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. By the time Jackson released Bad, he produced a commemorative special on his life, The Magic Returns, which aired on CBS.[6] At the end of the documentary, the channel debuted Jackson's "Bad" short film, which featured then up-and-coming actor Wesley Snipes.[6] Jackson's marketing strategy, mastered by Frank DiLeo among others, also included Jackson producing another mini-movie around the time of the Bad World Tour. That film, Moonwalker, included performances of songs from Bad, including "Speed Demon", "Leave Me Alone", "Man in the Mirror" and "Smooth Criminal", the latter two released as sole videos at the end of the film.[11][12] Jackson also used the opportunity to write about his life up until that point releasing 1988's Moonwalk. Jackson's tour for Bad was a major financial success, grossing $125 million by the end of its tenure.[13][14] Though Jackson furthered his stance as a global pop superstar, in the United States he failed to match the sales of Thriller, causing some in the media to label Bad a "disappointment" in comparison.[2][15]

By the time Jackson released this album, Thriller had already sold millions, raising expectations for Bad. On September 26, 1987, Bad debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.[16] The album charted at number one on the chart for the next six weeks,[17] Bad also debuted at number three on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Albums Chart on the issue date September 26, 1987,[18] before peaking at number one the following week on October 3, 1987.[19] The album stayed at the top position for eleven consecutive weeks, before being succeeded by Stevie Wonder's album Characters on the issue date December 19, 1987,[20] the following week the album regained the top position, which lasted another four weeks before being replaced by Wonder's album again.[21] The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified Bad eight time platinum for having sold eight million copies in the United States alone.[22]

Internationally, Bad was commercially successful. In the United Kingdom, the album sold 500,000 copies in its first five days of release, and is currently certified 13× platinum, for sales of 3.9 million, making it Jackson's second biggest-selling album in the United Kingdom.[23] Bad peaked at number one on the Canadian,[24] Japanese,[25] United Kingdom,[26] Swiss,[27] New Zealand, Austrian, Swedish and Norwegian charts.[28] The album charted at number three in Italy and number thirteen in Spain, Mexico and Australia, as well as number twenty two in Puerto Rico.[28] Bad has received various certifications worldwide. Bad was certified 7× platinum for the shipment of over 700,000 units in Canada by the Canadian Recording Industry Association.[29] In Europe, Bad was certified platinum by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) for the sales of one million units.[30] The album was also certified platinum by the IFPI for the shipment of over 20,000 units in Hong Kong.[31] Globally, Bad is Jackson's overall third best-selling album, behind Thriller and Dangerous, with a reported sales of 30 million units.[32]
A male with black hair singing into a microphone. The male is wearing a blue jacket and a white shirt with black pants and a white belt.

The lead single "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" became the first of five of the album's singles to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The song reached number one on September 19, 1987, and also charted on Billboard's R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart and the Adult Contemporary Chart, peaking at number one and number two respectively.[33] Internationally, the song also peaked at number one, in three territories, United Kingdom, for two weeks,[34] and nine weeks in both Norwegian and New Zealand.[35] The album's second single, "Bad," peaked at number one on the Billboard 100 on October 16, 1987.[36] The song topped the Spanish charts, as well as charting within the top-ten internationally.[37] "The Way You Make Me Feel" became the album's third consecutive single to peak at number one on Billboard's Hot 100.[38] The song primarily charted within the top ten and twenty internationally.[39] "Man In The Mirror" charted at number one on Billboard's Hot 100,[40] and charted at number four, eight, and ten in New Zealand, Australia, and Austria.[41] On July 2, 1988, "Dirty Diana" became the fifth consecutive, and final, single to peak at number one on the Hot 100.[42] "Dirty Diana" was successful internationally, charting within the top ten in eight territories.[43]

"Another Part Of Me" charted at number eleven on the Billboard Hot 100, while topping the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart.[44] Internationally, "Another Part Of Me" was a mid success compared to its previous singles, peaking at number five, fourteen and thirty two in the Netherlands, New Zealand and France.[45] "Smooth Criminal" became the sixth top ten single on the Billboard 100,[46] and saw similar success internationally, charting within the top ten in five territories, and within the top forty in all its international countries.[47] Released outside the United States and Canada, "Leave Me Alone" topped the Spanish charts, as well as peaking within the top ten in five other countries.[48] The album's last official single was "Liberian Girl", which did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, but was generally successful internationally, charting mainly within the top twenty.[49]

Critical reception
Bad was generally well received although some critics noted that Bad did not measure up to Thriller's success. Stephen Thomas Erlewine, of Allmusic, stated that Jackson "approached" Bad much the same way he approached Thriller, which was to "take the basic formula of the predecessor, expand it slightly, and move it outward."[9] Erlewine, who gave the album four out of five stars, commented that while the album "rebounds with songs that prove mechanical can be tolerable if delivered with hooks and panache," it still made Bad feel like an artifact of its time instead a piece of music that transcends it."[9] Davitt Sigerson, of Rolling Stone, stated that "even without a milestone recording like "Billie Jean", Bad is still a better record than Thriller."[8] Sigerson commented that we a "filler" content in Bad, listing songs such as "Speed Demon", "Dirty Diana" and "Liberian Girl", made Bad "richer, sexier and better than Thriller's forgettables."[8]

Music critic Robert Christgau gave Bad a "B+" grade, remarking the "closest thing to genius" is the album's song "Leave Me Alone," and that the record "damn near wrecks perfectly good dancin' and singin' with subtext."[50] Jennifer Clay, of Yahoo Music noted that while Bad was good, it was not up to "the degree of Thriller."[51] Jon Pareles of The New York Times described Bad as being a "gleaming, high-tech dance record that's just a little eccentric at the edges".[6] Parales also noted that Bad "sounds up-to-the-minute" and that the album also has a "concocted synthesizer-driven arrangements" that are "clear" and can "carry a solid kick."[6] Richard Cromelin of The Los Angeles Times commented that the record was "not bad" and was more "reminiscent of Off the Wall's uniform strength than Thriller's peaks and valleys."[52] Cromelin felt that it would be "disappointing" if this album's "creative level" is where Jackson wants to stay.[52]

Richard Harrington of The Washington Post commented on the expectations of Bad to Thriller that, "splashy though its prime-time introduction may be, the album begs to be judged by its music, not by its sales figures."[53] Richard felt that while the album could not live up to post-Thriller expectations, it would be "considerably fairer to compare" Bad with Off the Wall.[53] His overall opinion on Bad was that it was "a very good record" that is "immaculately produced and with some scintillating vocal performances from Jackson".[53] Edna Gundersen of USA Today described Bad as being Jackson's "most polished effort to date," that is "calculated but not sterile."[54] Thom Duffy of The Orlando Sentinel noted that some of the album's material "draws on even older musical roots".[55] Bad was the recipient of six Grammy Award nominations, winning two. In 1988, Bad was nominated for Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Performance - Male, Best R&B Vocal Performance - Male[56] and Record of the Year for "Man in the Mirror" the following year.[57] Bad won Best Engineered Recording - Non Classical in 1988,[56] and Best Music Video - Short Form for "Leave Me Alone" in 1990.[58]

Legacy
A black jacket with five round golden medals on its left and right shoulder and a gold ban on its left arm sleeve. The jacket has two belt straps on the right bottom sleeve. Underneath the jacket is a golden belt, with a round pendant in the center of it. There is a red light reflecting on the jacket and belt as well as a gold squared plat on the left side of the jacket and belt.

Bad made history as being the first and currently only album to have five of its singles peak at number one on the Billboard 100 consecutively; "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana" all charted at number one on the music chart.[2] Jayson Rodriguez of MTV, noted that "following the twin cannons that were Off the Wall and Thriller wouldn't be an easy task for most, but Jackson's follow-up, 1987's Bad, was formidable by all accounts."[15] Rodriguez commented that the album was "wrongfully dismissed by critics because it wasn't the sales blockbuster that Thriller was" and that during the Bad era, Jackson's vocal hiccups and stammered "shamone" would become staples in his music that were "heightening and highlighting the emotion of his lyrics."[15] Rolling Stone commented that "the best way to view" Bad was not as "the sequel to Thriller.[8] In 2009, VH1 said of the album,

Understandably, the expectations for the album were ridiculously high, and grew even higher after Jackson planned duets with the likes of Prince (on the title track) and Whitney Houston (and Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand). None of those collaborations ended up happening, but they only increased the hype for the album. Bad was a deeply personal project for Jackson — he wrote nine of the 11 songs — one that saw him gain further independence and debut a harder-edged look and sound.[2]

Jim Farber of The New York Daily News felt that Bad "streamlined the quirks" of Jackson's two previous albums to "create his most smooth work of pop to date."[59] A writer for The Daily Telegraph commented that while Bad was another worldwide commercial success, the album "inevitably failed to match the success of Thriller despite Jackson's massive and grueling world tour".[60] In 2009, a writer for The Miami Herald reflected on the anticipation for Bad, describing the album's release as being the "most hotly anticipated album in history".[61] Stephen M. Silverman, a writer for People magazine, viewed Bad as being "when some slippage" in Jackson's "popularity began to show".[62]

In November 2006, it was announced by The Official UK Charts Company, after tracking album sales for six months, that Bad was the ninth best-selling album in British history with sales of 3.5 million units; Bad charted behind Jackson's Thriller.[63] Bad, along with other studio albums released by Jackson, are among the best selling albums of all-time.[64] In 2003, the album was ranked number 202 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time".[65] The album is included in the book entitled 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.[66] In 2009, VH1 listed the album at number 43 on their list of "100 Greatest Albums of All Time of the MTV Generation", in 2009.[67] The album's songs have been covered and parodied by multiple recording artists since its release in the late 1980s. Notable cover versions include Alien Ant Farm's cover of "Smooth Criminal" and Shakaya's cover of "The Way You Make Me Feel". Notable parody versions include "Weird Al" Yankovic, who had previously recorded a parody of Jackson's song "Beat It".[68] Yankovic parodied "Bad", entitling his version "Fat" in 1988; the song won a Grammy Award the same year for "Best Concept Music Video".[68]

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_(album)

Videos
Bad:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7n8LHOgg0U[/youtube:28al8rh6] [youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cManNNlu7I[/youtube:28al8rh6]

The Way You Make Me Feel:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzZ_urpj4As[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Man in the Mirror:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PivWY9wn5ps[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Dirty Diana:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBpB1Ok6JA[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Another Part of Me:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwHQNQ88cM[/youtube:28al8rh6]
Smooth Criminal:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvENQBc-F8[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Leave Me Alone:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crbFmpezO4A[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Liberian Girl:
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3V-7DEAgdc[/youtube:28al8rh6]

Bad World Tour:
Locations:    Asia, Australia, North America, Europe
Associated album:    Bad
Start date:    September 12, 1987
End date:   January 27, 1989

Legs: 2
Shows: 23 in Asia
5 in Australia
54 in North America
41 in Europe
123 in total

The Bad World Tour was the first solo concert tour by American recording megasuperstar Michael Jackson, covering Asia, Oceania, North America and Europe from September 12, 1987 to January 27, 1989. The tour, sponsored by Pepsi and spanning 16 months, included 123 concerts to 4.4 million fans across 15 countries. When the tour concluded it grossed a total of $125 million, adding two new entries in the Guinness World Records for the largest grossing tour in history and the tour with the largest attended audience.[1] In April 1989, the tour was nominated for "Tour of the Year 1988" at the inaugural International Rock Awards. It lost to Amnesty International.

First leg (1987)
On June 29, 1987, Jackson's manager Frank DiLeo announced the singer's first solo world tour would begin in Japan, his first performances since 1973 as part of The Jackson 5.[2][3] Sponsored by Pepsi,[4] nine concerts in Japan beginning on September 12 sold out within hours. Five more were added due to high demand.[5] Over 600 journalists, cameramen and fans waited at Tokyo's Narita International Airport for Jackson's arrival on Japan Airlines Flight 61.[6] Bubbles, Jackson's pet chimpanzee who took a separate flight, was greeted by more than 300 people.[6] A chartered jumbo jet was used to carry 22 truckloads of equipment along with Jackson's tour entourage of 132 people.[7] The stage set included 700 lights, 100 speakers, 40 lasers, three mirrors and two 24-by-18 foot screens. Performers wore 70 costumes, four of which were attached with fiber optic lights.[8]

While in Tokyo, Australian pop music critic Molly Meldrum recorded an exclusive interview Jackson and DiLeo. The interview was featured on 60 Minutes in the United States.[6] On September 18, Jackson was handed the Key to the City by Yasushi Oshima, the mayor of Osaka. Jackson was accompanied by Bubbles, the first animal allowed inside the Osaka Town Hall. Jackson dedicated his Japan concerts to Yoshioka Hagiwara, a five-year-old boy who was kidnapped and murdered. Jackson gave £12,000 to the parents of Hagiwara.[9] Attendance figures for the first 14 dates in Japan totalled a record-breaking 450,000.[5] Crowds of 200,000 were what past performers could manage to draw for a single tour.[10] Nippon Television was a co-sponsor with Pepsi for the Japan dates.[5]

In October 1987, scheduled shows in Perth and Adelaide in Australia were cancelled. The New Zealand leg was also scrapped. Kevin Jacobson, the tour's promoter, put it down to financial reasons. The original schedule having cost $8 million to stage.[11] Jackson toured Australia with five concerts in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane in November. While off stage, he spent time visiting sick children at their homes in the Sydney suburbs.[6]

Second leg (1988–1989)

Rehearsals for the tour's second leg took place at the Pensacola Civic Center in Pensacola, Florida between January 22 – February 18, 1988.[12] On the last day, Jackson allowed 420 school pupils to watch him rehearse after the children made him a rap music video in his honour.[13] The first performances were to begin in Atlanta, Georgia yet Pepsi officials objected as the city was home to rival drinks company Coca-Cola.[14] For both Atlanta shows, Jackson gave 100 tickets to the Children's Wish Foundation for terminally ill children.[15] The first of three concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York City served as a benefit to raise $500,000 to the United Negro College Fund.[16] On March 1, Jackson presented a check of $600,000 to the fund.[17] Two performances in St. Louis, Missouri were cancelled after Jackson came down with a cold that developed into laryngitis.[15]

On May 23, 1988, Jackson began his European tour in Rome at the Flaminio Stadium. Police and security guards rescued hundreds of fans from being crushed in the crowd of 30,000.[18] Police reported 130 women fainted at the Vienna concert on June 2.[19] A scheduled performance in Lyon was cancelled after 16,000 of a planned 30,000 tickets were sold.[20] On June 17, Jackson travelled to the town of Vevey to meet Oona O'Neill, the widow of Charlie Chaplin. "I have fulfilled by biggest childhood dream", said Jackson after the visit.[21] The most successful of the European dates were those in London at Wembley Stadium. Ticket demand for the five July dates exceeded 1.5 million, enough to fill the 72,000 capacity venue 20 times.[22] Jackson performed 7 sold out shows, beating the previous record held by Madonna, Bruce Springsteen and Genesis. More shows could have been added, but the venue had reached its live performance quotas.[22] The third concert on July 16 was attended by Princess Diana and Prince Charles.[23] On September 8, Jackson was entered into the Guinness World Records, the first of three times from the tour alone. The Wembley shows were attended by a record 504,000 people. Management also presented him with a special award.[24] On July 30, NBC aired Michael Jackson Around the World, a 90-minute special documenting the singer on tour.[25] On August 29, after a birthday performance in Leeds, Jackson donated $130,000 to Give For Life.[24] The final European show was held in Liverpool on September 11, staged at Aintree Racecourse. 1,550 fans were reported injured among the crowd of 125,000.[24][26]

In September 1988, Jackson toured the United States for the second time. On October 23, he donated $125,000, the net proceeds to first show in Detroit, to the city's Motown Museum.[27] Three concerts in Tacoma, Washington were cancelled after Jackson came down with the flu.[28] The tour was planned to end in Tokyo but Jackson suffered from swollen vocal chords after the first of six concerts in Los Angeles, California in November. The remaining five were rescheduled for January 1989. During the December 11 show in Tokyo, nine-year old Ayana Takada was selected to receive a certificate by Jackson to commemorate the four millionth person to attend the tour.[29]

Five performances in Los Angeles were held to conclude the tour on January 27, 1989. In 16 months, Jackson performed 123 concerts in 15 countries to an audience of 4.4 million for a total gross of $125 million.[1][30] The American tour alone grossed a total of $20.3 million, the sixth largest of the year.[1] Guinness World Records recognized the tour as the largest grossing in history and the tour to play to the most people ever.[1] In April 1989, the tour was nominated for "Tour of the Year 1988" at the inaugural International Rock Awards. It lost to Amnesty International.[31]

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rumor about BAD tour
:
I found this quote from an Entertainment Tonight television spot on the BAD tour. "...He says it will be his last. After this, he wants to concentrate on movies and records..."
[youtube:28al8rh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj0vepJ79Ho[/youtube:28al8rh6]
(Unfortunately, I cannot check the video right now so I am hoping this has the television spot with the quote above. If not, my apologies. Hopefully, others can vouch for me that this quote was stated.)

After I pointed it out in an earlier post (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), a member pointed a quote from Michael Jackson A Visual Documentary by Adrian Grant.  "1988 August Frank Dileo holds a press conference to announce that the 'Bad' tour will be Michael Jackson's last." (118)

Other projects
Captain EO: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Moonwalker: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Moonwalk (Autobiography): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Now you will probably notice some details that pertain to this hoax like for instance, BAD was his SEVENTH solo album. What a nice number huh?  :lol: I will divulge more on these connections once I sit down and really go in deep into this era. I may also post some interviews, performances that may also relate to this adventure. I am not sure what exactly I'm looking for but I'm hoping to gain some answers as to why these images from this period keeps being used in this adventure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 06, 2010, 07:35:09 AM

it was June 25, 2006

No, it was 2009  :?  :?  :?  :?
So it was after the "death"... Hmmm...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 14, 2010, 08:52:28 AM

it was June 25, 2006

No, it was 2009  :?  :?  :?  :?
So it was after the "death"... Hmmm...

I think you may have not seen my post. Here is the answer to your question: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 14, 2010, 09:35:35 AM
Below, I just highlighted some interesting tidbits about BAD based on the information I posted earlier. I will do the same highlighting for the side projects as well, later on today. I will explain why I pointed out some of this information in a later post. I just want to lay out all the research in an orderly fashion before I go into theories so I apologize if this seems redundant but this is the way I operate while researching.

Key Notes

About Bad
Bad is the seventh studio album by American songwriter and recording artist Michael Jackson. The album was released on August 31, 1987 [1] by Epic/CBS Records, nearly five years after Jackson's previous studio album, Thriller, which went on to become the world's best-selling album.

Bad was recorded throughout 1987.

Bad peaked at number one in seven countries, as well as charting within the top twenty in other territories.

Background & Production
Bad was the first studio album Jackson released after leaving The Jackson 5 and the first in an almost five-year period following Thriller.[6] Bad was the third, and final, musical collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones. The album was produced by Jones, with co-production credit given to Jackson.[7] Jackson began recording demos for the anticipated follow-up to Thriller a few months after the 1984 Victory Tour with The Jacksons. Recording took place between January 5, 1987, and July 9, 1987.

Release & Marketing
A year before Bad's release, Jackson used several tactics to get the media interested in his short film, Captain EO, during the recording of Bad. Jackson played a space captain in the mini-film, which was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. By the time Jackson released Bad, he produced a commemorative special on his life, The Magic Returns, which aired on CBS.[6] At the end of the documentary, the channel debuted Jackson's "Bad" short film, which featured then up-and-coming actor Wesley Snipes.[6] Jackson's marketing strategy, mastered by Frank DiLeo among others, also included Jackson producing another mini-movie around the time of the Bad World Tour. That film, Moonwalker, included performances of songs from Bad, including "Speed Demon", "Leave Me Alone", "Man in the Mirror" and "Smooth Criminal", the latter two released as sole videos at the end of the film.[11][12] Jackson also used the opportunity to write about his life up until that point releasing 1988's Moonwalk. Jackson's tour for Bad was a major financial success, grossing $125 million by the end of its tenure.[13][14] Though Jackson furthered his stance as a global pop superstar, in the United States he failed to match the sales of Thriller, causing some in the media to label Bad a "disappointment" in comparison.

The album's second single, "Bad," peaked at number one on the Billboard 100 on October 16, 1987.

Bad Tour
The Bad World Tour was the first solo concert tour by American recording megasuperstar Michael Jackson, covering Asia, Oceania, North America and Europe from September 12, 1987 to January 27, 1989. The tour, sponsored by Pepsi and spanning 16 months, included 123 concerts to 4.4 million fans across 15 countries. When the tour concluded it grossed a total of $125 million, adding two new entries in the Guinness World Records for the largest grossing tour in history and the tour with the largest attended audience.

Random Notes on Bad Tour
On June 17, Jackson travelled to the town of Vevey to meet Oona O'Neill, the widow of Charlie Chaplin.

The third concert on July 16 was attended by Princess Diana and Prince Charles in London at Wembley Stadium.

The final European show was held in Liverpool on September 11, staged at Aintree Racecourse. 1,550 fans were reported injured among the crowd of 125,000.

Bad Tour Rumor
 "...He says it will be his last. After this, he wants to concentrate on movies and records..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions