You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HOME > NEWS / SHOWBIZ > SHOWBIZ > Legal bid to ‘stop Michael Jackson’s mother selling memories’
SHOWBIZ

LEGAL BID TO ‘STOP MICHAEL JACKSON’S MOTHER SELLING MEMORIES’

Michael Jackson's mother Katherine is said to be enraged.

Sunday December 19,2010
By Mike Parker
 Have your say(0)
THE executors of Michael Jackson’s estate are facing a showdown with his mother after launching a legal battle against one of her closest friends and business partners.
They have sent a “cease and desist” letter to Canadian entrepreneur Howard Mann, demanding that he stops exploiting Jackson’s image for profit.
Estate attorney Howard Weitzman has further warned: “His day is coming. We will be taking the appropriate legal action against him.”
The move to ban Mann, 38, from peddling Jackson memorabilia through his Vintage Pop company has enraged the singer’s mother Katherine, who formed a partnership with him earlier this year.

WIN A LUXURY CRUISE TRIP FOR TWO WORTH £2,500!

He is helping to promote her lavish coffee table book Never Can Say Goodbye, which features previously unseen family photos, as well as a Michael Jackson calendar.
Mann even managed to get the book mentioned on Oprah Winfrey’s chatshow and Katherine, 80, who has sole custody of Michael’s three children, insists she needs extra income to bolster her personal monthly cash allowance of £5,120 from the estate.
The estate pays almost £50,000 a month to cover all expenses at Katherine and husband Joe’s family home in the Los Angeles suburb of Encino. This covers a housekeeper, two nannies and private tuition fees for Prince Michael, 13, Paris, 12, and Prince Michael II, known as Blanket, eight.
But Katherine told the Los Angeles Times in an interview: “I think I should be getting more. I’m not greedy like people say. It’s need, not greed. I wish they would leave Howard alone and I wish they would leave me alone for working with him.”

SEARCH SHOWBIZ for:

The Jackson family matriarch said she believed executors John Branca and John McClain are doing “a very good job” managing her son’s multi-million dollar estate.
But her decision to support Mann, whom she describes as a “very good and honourable friend”, is already causing a rift between her and the estate.
Her husband Joe, 82, has already lost a court bid to secure an allowance for himself from the estate.
Mr Weitzman said: “The estate has spent millions of dollars for Mrs Jackson’s benefit and on the direct living expenses of both Mrs Jackson and the children.”
The estate has also succeeded in wiping out more than half-a-billion dollars of debt racked-up by the singer, grossing more than £166million from the This Is It movie alone and ensuring the security of the late singer’s £175million stake in a music rights catalogue that features the rights to more than 100 Beatles songs.
A source close to Katherine said: “With Howard, she is promoting a book and calendar that contain photos she owns. She is furious that the estate is trying to thwart her efforts to earn money by targeting Howard.
“She has been told independently that no one can legally stop her selling material that belongs to her.”
Michael’s first posthumous studio album, which has received tepid reviews, is expected to be beaten to the UK Christmas No 1 chart spot by either Take That, Rihanna or X Factor winner Matt Cardle.
In America, he could be beaten to the Billboard Chart No 1 by Susan Boyle.
Industry experts said the album, titled Michael, had sold about 200,000 copies by Friday, 25,000 fewer than Boyle’s The Gift and about the same number as Taylor Swift’s Speak Now.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for posting Homl.

May be it's more complicated than we know, but it seems like the estate isn't adjudging Katherine doing her own business. I suppose she chose independently to work with Mann, which is good imo.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions