Re: Kanye's shocking version on MONSTER
January 02, 2011, 08:26:07 AM
Quote from: "nefari"
I'm wondering why Kanye and Michael both got the Monster recordings and Lady GaGa has Monster, calls her fans little monsters and Ne-Yo has a really great song called Beautiful Monster. What the heck is up with all of the Monster songs?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: when I was little I used to record my voice low speed and I called it "little monster"-recording style..I guess we're all monsters in a way...okay....okay nevermind :oops:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

gwynnedTopic starter

January 02, 2011, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: "nefari"
I'm wondering why Kanye and Michael both got the Monster recordings and Lady GaGa has Monster, calls her fans little monsters and Ne-Yo has a really great song called Beautiful Monster. What the heck is up with all of the Monster songs?

Good question.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 12:10:55 PM
Quote from: "gwynned"
Getting back to my original post, does anyone have any theories on why both artists would almost simultaneously come out with a song called 'Monster' and an album cover in which they appear with gold crowns on their heads.  MJ is holding a sword and a sword is driven through Kanye's head.  

If this is not a coincidence, what is the meaning?  Or am I too far adrift?

It is odd.  The only thing I can think of without viewing anymore filth my eyes do not want to see is that it is an example of good vs. evil, God vs. Satan, who will people believe?  

Now, maybe Kanye has a message, he has taken extreme measures to show the world imo and I don't care to watch the video again, but the other thing that came to mind is be watchful for those that come to you in sheeps covering and inside they are ravenous wolves.  

Question - the article didn't depict MJ holding a sword, so was that in the video?  Is that something Kanye did or the video maker??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

gwynnedTopic starter

January 02, 2011, 12:31:39 PM
The sword can be seen on the cover for Kanye's Power CD

Also there are lots of swords in the actual video for Power.

Another thing.  Just stumbled upon Kanye's lyrics for Jesus Walks.....Here's a portion.  

To the hustlers, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
(Jesus walks with them)
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
(Jesus walks with them)
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cause we’re the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don’t think
I ain’t here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I’m just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that’s the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won’t get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I’m dreaming about
Next time I’m in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)
The only thing that that I pray is that my feet don’t fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don’t thing there’s nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus walks with me… fades)
I want to talk to God but I’m afraid because we ain’t spoke in so long
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 01:31:13 PM
gwynned, thanks for posting those lyrics.  I'm too afraid to study Kanye now  :lol:

I still don't get the picture...I see the word power above that sword, not MJ.  Are we seeing something different and I'm in the twilight zone?

oh my, I just understood what you meant  :roll:     Okay, so is Kanye's album cover something against Michael?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynnedTopic starter

January 02, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Quote from: "ibelieveinmj"
gwynned, thanks for posting those lyrics.  I'm too afraid to study Kanye now  :lol:

I still don't get the picture...I see the word power above that sword, not MJ.  Are we seeing something different and I'm in the twilight zone?

oh my, I just understood what you meant  :roll:     Okay, so is Kanye's album cover something against Michael?

I don't have the answer, though when I first saw the cover some time ago, I felt he was threatening MJ.  I have since changed my mind, not the least of which because of an earlier post that linked MJ to Kanye.  In researching the cover artist, I stumbled upon this press release about the Power CD:

Numerous information regarding the release has surfaced since then, including Nicki Minaj as the British narrator, seven tracks from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy serve as the score, Michael Jackson is a main inspiration to the production and that Selita Ebanks is the co-star.

It doesn't prove anything, of course.  But here's something that Kanye said in response to rumors that he had named himself as the new King of Pop after MJ's death.

"I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENDY WILLIAMS AND HEARD SOME QUOTE ABOUT ME SAYING I'M THE NEW KING OF POP," Yeezy wrote Friday (July 31). "NOT ONLY DID I NOT SAY THAT, I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD THAT OBVIOUSLY I MADE PEOPLE FEEL THAT I WOULD BE CORNY ENOUGH TO SAY SOMETHING SO WHACK AFTER THE PASSING OF AN IDOL, A LEGEND AND MORE THAN THAT A HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS AND FAMILY. IT SCARES ME TO THINK WHAT PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE, WITHOUT EVEN A SOURCE. ANY RANDOM PERSON CAN TYPE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND THEN THE WORLD BELIEVES IT. I DON'T TALK TO PRESS OR DO TV OR DO PROMOTIONS OF ANY SORT. I'VE STOPPED CHASING AND BUYING INTO FAME. FAME IS LIKE CIGARETTES WITH NO SURGEON GENERAL WARNING. IT DESTROYS MOST PEOPLE AS IT DID TO THE TRUE AND ONLY KING OF POP. WE EXPLOIT OURSELVES AND EAT OUR OWN EGOS 'TILL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT. I HAVE A FEELING THAT THIS WON'T BE THE LAST FALSE STATEMENT WITH MY NAME ON IT, BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I DEFEND MYSELF. I'M DONE." (Kanye West's Blog)

Sure sounds like he's a friend of MJ's and not a foe.  There is a message here and a connection.  Another piece of the puzzle if you will.  Just not sure how it all fits in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 03:54:50 PM
"Good" music doesn't exist. It's a matter of the perspective. One person's music, could be another's trash. I tend to listen to older music myself (Frankie Beverly, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, etc.) even though its way before my time. But I respect Kanye West as an artist, because he is talented. He's an amazing artist, I think. He's just got a head too big for his shoulders.

I don't believe he's Satanic or anything like that. But I do think the public has driven him into a corner, where he's lashing out. People say rude things about him all the time, and it seems his anger is put into his music. That's why his music has feeling. Anger.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

January 02, 2011, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: "backstager"
"Good" music doesn't exist. It's a matter of the perspective. One person's music, could be another's trash. I tend to listen to older music myself (Frankie Beverly, Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell, etc.) even though its way before my time. But I respect Kanye West as an artist, because he is talented. He's an amazing artist, I think. He's just got a head too big for his shoulders.

I don't believe he's Satanic or anything like that. But I do think the public has driven him into a corner, where he's lashing out. People say rude things about him all the time, and it seems his anger is put into his music. That's why his music has feeling. Anger.

Good points. I also find it funny that people are quick to say Kanye is satanic because of his songs and videos yet call Michael a saint even though they both have very similar elements in their music.  If Michael came out with Thriller today, would you say he's satanic too?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

January 02, 2011, 05:05:17 PM
the first video is not available to watch. As of today I never heard of Kayne and did some research and found this : MJ vs. Kayne West   :?: He tried as Ussher to name himself King of Pop?????? :shock:  Is this man sick?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

gwynnedTopic starter

January 02, 2011, 05:54:14 PM
Quote from: "scorpionchik"
the first video is not available to watch. As of today I never heard of Kayne and did some research and found this : MJ vs. Kayne West   :?: He tried as Ussher to name himself King of Pop?????? :shock:  Is this man sick?

I see now that the video has been pulled.  Curious.

As for Kanye saying he was the King of Pop, the video is merely heresay - someone reporting on what Kanye allegedly said.  See my earlier post in which Kanye responded to these allegations.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 03, 2011, 01:19:38 AM
Quote from: "looking4truth"
Quote from: "backstager"

Good points. I also find it funny that people are quick to say Kanye is satanic because of his songs and videos yet call Michael a saint even though they both have very similar elements in their music.  If Michael came out with Thriller today, would you say he's satanic too?

I have to disagree they have similar elements in their music but maybe I do want to believe Michael is a saint  :)  
Thriller did not contain devil horned people, blood and murder so no I wouldn't say it was satanic, then or now.   Wasn't thriller about zombies????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

January 03, 2011, 05:26:02 AM
I have to think some of this is rumors and stupid false press. There was some mess started back in the day about Jennifer wearing the lit up outfits when she played guitar for Michael. People saying because one of her outfits had horns Michael was in to Devil worship.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

January 03, 2011, 11:44:34 AM
Maybe Kanye's video is merely depicting the darkness that he has gone through?  I think the notion that Kanye is satanic is rather absurd (and I can't stand the guy!).  I also don't see where he is against Michael.  On the contrary, I think he respects Michael.  

I am on the fence about the King of Pop thing though.  Part of me thinks Kanye is the one who put that out there, and then when he realized how much backlash there was about it, he came back claiming he never said it or even felt that way at all.  We will probably never know for sure, but it is definitely not beyond the scope of his massive ego.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions