Sarahli

Re: Kanye's shocking version on MONSTER
January 01, 2011, 05:59:47 PM
People change with time Kanye was maybe good and became bad... I don't know. I think that I will not watch the video in regards to your comments...  :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

January 01, 2011, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: "all4loveandbelieve"
I never liked Kanye's music, him also as a singer, the lyrics are scary. I certainly did not appreciated when Taylor Swift was getting her award, he goes in and said that award was suppose to be for Beyonce no Taylor. Ok who died and made you in charge? I do not follow his music at all, and i will never  do.

I agree with you!  He also has a song where he basically says that he knows how people are maimed and/or killed for the "blood diamonds" in Africa, but he will still wear his diamond bling anyway because that is his style.  Way to throw Africans under the bus Kanye!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynnedTopic starter

January 01, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
I never liked Kanye's music, him also as a singer, the lyrics are scary. I certainly did not appreciated when Taylor Swift was getting her award, he goes in and said that award was suppose to be for Beyonce no Taylor. Ok who died and made you in charge? I do not follow his music at all, and i will never  do.

I agree with you!  He also has a song where he basically says that he knows how people are maimed and/or killed for the "blood diamonds" in Africa, but he will still wear his diamond bling anyway because that is his style.  Way to throw Africans under the bus Kanye!

Curious about that Taylor Swift incident.  Why would Obama feel compelled to comment?  Why did he do it?  It screwed up his career.  Is he just a jerk, or was he conveying the truth?  Taylor has moderate talent (at best).  Who made her cinderella?

As far as wearing diamonds, well at least he raised awareness.  Maybe his diamonds are not blood diamonds.  Who knows.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 01, 2011, 07:33:26 PM
Quote from: "gwynned"

Curious about that Taylor Swift incident.  Why would Obama feel compelled to comment?  Why did he do it?  It screwed up his career.  Is he just a jerk, or was he conveying the truth?  Taylor has moderate talent (at best).  Who made her cinderella?

As far as wearing diamonds, well at least he raised awareness.  Maybe his diamonds are not blood diamonds.  Who knows.

I don't know why Obama commented or even what he said, but the bottom line is that Kanye RUINED a very important moment in Taylor's life and career.  Maybe Beyonce should have won but she didn't.  Taylor won and Kanye ruined the moment for her.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a super Taylor fan either, but there was NO EXCUSE for what Kanye did to her.  And no Taylor is not Cinderella, but she didn't deserve what Kanye did.  What "truth" are you getting at?  

If Kanye had really wanted to raise awareness about blood diamonds, he could have just simply issued a statement about the travesty of it or even stop wearing diamonds himself.  I would hardly call that song "raising awareness" about the issue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 01, 2011, 07:57:29 PM
One last thing.  Last 4 lyrics to KanYe's Monster:

I-I crossed the line-line
and I’ll-I’ll let God decide-cide
I-I wouldn’t last these shows
so I-I am headed home
I noticed those last 4 lines also! I was like hmmm shows? And that made me think of Michael :?  I LOVE this song...but the video is creepy and disgusting :shock: . Nicki Minaj she's like one of my main inspirations...and Kanye and Jay-Z. I just don't know how to feel abt them anymore :? ... :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

January 01, 2011, 08:39:21 PM

I don't know why Obama commented or even what he said, but the bottom line is that Kanye RUINED a very important moment in Taylor's life and career.  Maybe Beyonce should have won but she didn't.  Taylor won and Kanye ruined the moment for her.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a super Taylor fan either, but there was NO EXCUSE for what Kanye did to her.  And no Taylor is not Cinderella, but she didn't deserve what Kanye did.  What "truth" are you getting at?  

If Kanye had really wanted to raise awareness about blood diamonds, he could have just simply issued a statement about the travesty of it or even stop wearing diamonds himself.  I would hardly call that song "raising awareness" about the issue.

imho kanye only told the truth when he so called ruined her moment. not only was she not better than beyonce she wasnt better than anyone in that catagory. she wasnt that well known compared to the others. so bottom line is once kanye took the stage it basically made her extremly popular if you check you will find out that she made tons of money after that incident her album went off the charts and now she is one of the leading artist out there. so in a way she should be thanking him for giving her a boost.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfan

January 01, 2011, 08:48:25 PM
Kanye talks about the whole Taylor Swift thing in one of the videos in the first post of this thread. It seems like he is trying to be as vocal as he can about how things work in the music industry. Check it out....it's pretty interesting. It's towards the very end of the video...but the whole video is good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

suspicious mind

January 01, 2011, 08:57:02 PM
Quote from: "anewfan"
Kanye talks about the whole Taylor Swift thing in one of the videos in the first post of this thread. It seems like he is trying to be as vocal as he can about how things work in the music industry. Check it out....it's pretty interesting. It's towards the very end of the video...but the whole video is good.

that video is interesting
what i want to know is how did he get to go on for almost 20mins when michael never seemed to be aloud to finish a thought without interuption.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

anewfan

January 01, 2011, 09:10:22 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "anewfan"

that video is interesting
what i want to know is how did he get to go on for almost 20mins when michael never seemed to be aloud to finish a thought without interuption.

That's a good question.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

MJhasSpoken

January 01, 2011, 10:43:32 PM
It just shows you these days anyone can make a song and become a celeb overnight, nobody really appreciates good music anymore...I agree that TS wasn't the best song but that's just my opinion, nothing against her, but it seems popularity seems to be at the forefront of things instead of making it about the music...and that video creeped me out...like in where is the love by BEP..."What's wrong with the world mama?",lol...bad is good...good is bad, period paragraph.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: "bubaliciousjlb"

imho kanye only told the truth when he so called ruined her moment. not only was she not better than beyonce she wasnt better than anyone in that catagory. she wasnt that well known compared to the others. so bottom line is once kanye took the stage it basically made her extremly popular if you check you will find out that she made tons of money after that incident her album went off the charts and now she is one of the leading artist out there. so in a way she should be thanking him for giving her a boost.

Taylor was actually quite successful in her music genre well before the "Kanye incident", thereby leading to her win in the first place.  She doesn't need to thank Kanye for anything.  The bottom line is that Kanye had yet another one of his childish rants at an awards show, and he deserves every bit of the subsequent backlash that he has endured.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynnedTopic starter

January 02, 2011, 12:44:20 AM
Getting back to my original post, does anyone have any theories on why both artists would almost simultaneously come out with a song called 'Monster' and an album cover in which they appear with gold crowns on their heads.  MJ is holding a sword and a sword is driven through Kanye's head.  

If this is not a coincidence, what is the meaning?  Or am I too far adrift?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 01:43:50 AM
Getting back to my original post, does anyone have any theories on why both artists would almost simultaneously come out with a song called 'Monster' and an album cover in which they appear with gold crowns on their heads.  MJ is holding a sword and a sword is driven through Kanye's head.  

If this is not a coincidence, what is the meaning?  Or am I too far adrift?

Maybe Kanye didn't know about Michael's song before recording his(?).  Are they on the same label?  If not, maybe neither label knew about the other one's song or album cover before the covers were completed.  The crown on Michael's cover seems fitting since he is considered the King of Pop, but I don't know why Kanye is wearing one.  Has he ever been depicted wearing a crown before?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2011, 05:40:21 AM
Quote from: "bubaliciousjlb"

Taylor was actually quite successful in her music genre well before the "Kanye incident", thereby leading to her win in the first place.  She doesn't need to thank Kanye for anything.  The bottom line is that Kanye had yet another one of his childish rants at an awards show, and he deserves every bit of the subsequent backlash that he has endured.

if you say so everyone is entitled to their own opinions  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

January 02, 2011, 07:52:49 AM
I'm wondering why Kanye and Michael both got the Monster recordings and Lady GaGa has Monster, calls her fans little monsters and Ne-Yo has a really great song called Beautiful Monster. What the heck is up with all of the Monster songs?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions