Hello
December 29, 2010, 12:57:49 PM
Hi, this is 'Duda'. A longtime MJ fan, let's say since 1985. I've been a forum member for many years, let's say on different fora since 1996, The Planet Jackson days.

I'm here not as a believer per se, let alone a knower. But as someone who finds the many theories as why Michael could still be among us very interesting. I've watched many videos and read a lot of stories on the 'hoax'. And some of them are very interesting to say the least.

But on the other hand I'm also critical. Because sometimes things are too far fetched. That's why I want to give my opinion on some topics. Not to be negative about them, but to try and keep things in perspective.

Many hoax videos are well made. But because of the form, it can sometimes be the case that you tend to forget the content. You want to believe, so when it looks good, it's easier to be less critical to what actually is being said.

Having said that, I hope to be able to play a constructive part here.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Re: Hello
December 29, 2010, 01:24:59 PM
Welcome 70Duda, and the opinions of all are accepted ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 29, 2010, 01:27:08 PM
Welcome!  Thanks for introducing yourself, I agree that sometimes things can be read into a little too much when there's really nothing to see, it's a fine line to walk and you have to use your best objective reasoning to assess the important stuff from the non-important.  I'm sure you will be a constructive member here as we all need to be challenged from time-to-time, I always look at every new piece of potential info as a believer and then play devil's advocate and try and see how a non-believer would explain it.  Nine times out of ten in my experience the believer argument is the only rational one but I still have to look at it from both sides as I try to be open-minded and not be blind to other people's opinions and interpretations.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

December 29, 2010, 02:26:58 PM
Hi, 70 Duda!
I think it is great to have a valuable balance.  I also believe in balance.  Which is probably, why I am starting to believe in the possibility that Michaels is alive more and more.  I'm also new to this forum, and just joined after having initially felt something was off after this death, but then having told myself "it could just not be," and that he had to be dead.  It was the only thing that logically and realistically made sense to my brain.  Kind of like in Michael's work from Dancing the Dream, " The heart said yes, but the head said, no."
Well, recently, I became interested in just what the "other side" had to say.  And there came a point when I had to admit that I could not explain all those "coincidences" away with my logical mind.  Having been a fan since the early 80s as well, and knowing a bit about the workings of the human mind (that's my profession)- I have come to believe that if anyone would or could pull this off: it's Michael.  I just recently started looking at videos as evidence, all the other things I've accumulated were more from other sources.
I agree- there might be a mental filter to believe he is alive, however there might also be one to not believe.  That's where 'evidence' comes from: e-videre. With the root "to see." It might all be there under our noses- but we have been told (by the media, etc) that reality is one way- so we might not look, and therefore not see.  
Welcome, and I'm sure it will be great to be on this journey of discovery with you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

December 29, 2010, 02:52:57 PM
Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
Hi, 70 Duda!
I think it is great to have a valuable balance.  I also believe in balance.  Which is probably, why I am starting to believe in the possibility that Michaels is alive more and more.  I'm also new to this forum, and just joined after having initially felt something was off after this death, but then having told myself "it could just not be," and that he had to be dead.  It was the only thing that logically and realistically made sense to my brain.  Kind of like in Michael's work from Dancing the Dream, " The heart said yes, but the head said, no."
Well, recently, I became interested in just what the "other side" had to say.  And there came a point when I had to admit that I could not explain all those "coincidences" away with my logical mind.  Having been a fan since the early 80s as well, and knowing a bit about the workings of the human mind (that's my profession)- I have come to believe that if anyone would or could pull this off: it's Michael.  I just recently started looking at videos as evidence, all the other things I've accumulated were more from other sources.
I agree- there might be a mental filter to believe he is alive, however there might also be one to not believe.  That's where 'evidence' comes from: e-videre. With the root "to see." It might all be there under our noses- but we have been told (by the media, etc) that reality is one way- so we might not look, and therefore not see.  
Welcome, and I'm sure it will be great to be on this journey of discovery with you!

Hi and welcome into our world! I have to say that the post above me is so well thought out and stated. Thank you, ignisaeternus.

I started reading the forum December of last year and joined in January. For months my heart and mind were in conflict as I believed in my heart that Michael was dead but in my mind I couldn't put to reason the details and events of June 25th and thereafter. I know that some things have no explanation but there were too many to ignore and after several months of trying to reason them out I had to start digging deeper.

It took another 6 months for me to totally believe that Michael is with us so I totally understand where you are coming from. There have been some among us that did eventually leave believing that Michael is no longer alive and some that left confident that he's alive.

I look forward to hearing from you. We have learned much since Michael started us on this journey and not all of us hold the same views. That is okay. One thing we all agree on is that Michael is an incredible father, humanitarian, human-being and actor/performer. :)

Blessings to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

December 30, 2010, 05:42:44 AM
I've been browsing many messages. And from what I see is that there is a lot of 'general' stuff. Never before seen pictures, that don't have a link to any theory and stuff like that. It's kinda distracting from the goal of this forum I think.

But I'm just here and already having a big mouth  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

December 30, 2010, 05:49:31 AM
Hi  @70Duda, glad you are here, yes I agree some of the pics etc may seem irrelevent at the time, but sometimes when reviewing subjects at a later date, the relevance becomes clear. This forum is packed with information and believe me it needs a lot of heads getting together to make any sense of things. There is a lot of work still to do - Piece by Piece-  and your comments are as valid as anyone elses as long as they are constructive. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

December 30, 2010, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: "70Duda"
I've been browsing many messages. And from what I see is that there is a lot of 'general' stuff. Never before seen pictures, that don't have a link to any theory and stuff like that. It's kinda distracting from the goal of this forum I think.

But I'm just here and already having a big mouth  :oops:

Being also new, what has helped me so far is reading from the Website index and then going "outward"- reading what others here have to say about the different items.  The actual hard-core "intro" facts are in the webindex and it kind of spirals out from there.  Hope that made sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal