From my email newsletter this am: Update

"Breaking News:

MJ Estate, Discovery UK Documentary and TMZ

December 29 – TMZ, the celebrity gossip TV series and website, acquired and made public a private letter from John G. Branca and John McClain (representing the Michael Jackson Estate), which was addressed to Discovery UK. The heartfelt and impassioned letter urges Discovery Network to abandon plans to air a sensationalistic and offensive documentary that features a reenactment of Michael Jackson’s autopsy. Fans worldwide, who have been outraged by news of this program (set to air in January), have started a campaign to pressure the network to cancel the airing.

The strongly worded and persuasive letter from the Estate lawyers is being seen by fans as their greatest weapon in their fight against the Discovery documentary. Although the release of the private letter has empowered most fans and put additional public pressure on Discovery UK, the Estate was disappointed that it had been leaked.

The letter demonstrates that when it comes to protecting and preserving the positive image and legacy of Michael Jackson – his family, his fans and his Estate are united."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interesting it was Titled Breaking News on my Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait email... Then there's the last redirect:
Ecclesiastes 7:1 (The Message)

Ecclesiastes 7
Don't Take Anything for Granted
 1 A good reputation is better than a fat bank account. Your death date tells more than your birth date.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

UPDATE: Discovery cancels show.  The fans stood up for Michael- and see what happened?

The Discovery television network on Friday said it canceled plans to air a reenactment of the autopsy on Michael Jackson's body, citing an upcoming court hearing and concern by the late pop star's estate.

The show, "Michael Jackson's Autopsy: What Really Killed Michael Jackson," had been set to air in several countries of western Europe and in the United Kingdom on January 13.

"Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson's official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely," Discovery Networks International said in a statement.

A Discovery spokesman declined comment beyond the statement.

The "Thriller" singer died suddenly of a prescription drug overdose on June 25, 2009, age 50, only weeks before beginning a series of comeback concerts. An autopsy by Los Angeles officials showed Jackson died chiefly of an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol that he used as a sleep aid.

Discovery's show, which was not scheduled to air in the United States, was an unofficial, fictional account of what the autopsy must have been like and its results.

But Jackson fans worldwide protested in an online petition launched earlier this month, and the co-executors of his estate sent a letter this week to Discovery Networks calling the program "insensitive" and "in shockingly bad taste."

A print advertisement for the program shows a body covered by a sheet, with one hand poking out wearing the singer's well-known sequined glove.

"On behalf of Michael's family, fans, common sense and decency, we urge you to reconsider and cancel this program," co-executors John McClain and John Branca wrote in the letter.

An estate spokesman was not immediately available to comment.

Jackson's physician at the time of his death, Dr. Conrad Murray, has admitted giving the singer propofol, which is often used in surgery, and Murray has been charged by authorities with involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

Murray has pleaded not guilty, and a preliminary hearing to determine if enough evidence exists to make him stand trial begins in Los Angeles on January 4

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Just got the update on the TMZ site:

Michael Jackson Autopsy Show Pulled from Schedule

12/31/2010 10:34 AM PST by TMZ Staff  

A TV special featuring a reenactment of Michael Jackson's autopsy will not air as planned, and the network running it cites pleas from the Jackson estate in their decision.

A rep for the Discovery Channel, which planned to run the special in the UK, tells TMZ, "Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson's official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely."

As TMZ first reported, executors of Jackson's estate fired off a harshly-worded letter to the network ... saying the show was in "shockingly bad taste ... motivated solely by your blind desire to exploit Michael's death."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fide Et Opera

Thanks to all of those who wrote and signed the petition to stop this hideous show from airing.  It will be a happier New Year knowing that this show has been cancelled.  The Discovery Channel should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking this show would be in good taste. :evil:   I am grateful that they came to their senses, but it would not have happened without us.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

I never thought it was real in the first place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Grace

Wind eggs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Quote from: "bec"
I never thought it was real in the first place.
That's what I was thinking.I don't think that the show was ever gonna aire . It seems like this was all done for show- a bit of controversy to wind people up and get tongues wagging.x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

nefari

Both Non BeLIEvers and BeLIEvers stood against this show as one unit of LOVE for Michael. This makes me so proud but at the same time tears my heart out. Whether it was ever going to air or not we all banded together on this. Why can they not see we are not the enemy :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

Lady J

Maybe it´s cancelled because he´s alive
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

I don't think everyone knows its cancelled...Omer Bhatti tweeted this Jan 1st after it was cancelled

Sign the petition now, and do your part to help stop this disrespectful "Documentary" You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2:15 AM Jan 1st, 2011 via web

LET'S STOP THIS DISRESPECTFUL Discovery Channel Documentary NOW!!!
12:49 AM Jan 1st, 2011 via Echofon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions