Re: Help a puppy who was turned in to be killed
January 03, 2011, 08:27:42 AM
Of course it's true...Shelters are more than full and have to make some more than cruel choices...when a pet is old, and there for along time, the shelter sometime make decision to put him down to make some space to rescue a dog that will maybe have chance to be adopted.
Some shelters don't do that, but the biggest one, who are surrounded with abandonned pets are OBLIGED to make decision...MILLIONS of cats and dogs are killed in shelter every years in the world, because they are too old, or too big, or because noone ever watched them, or just because the shelter has a limited space and must give chance to other mistreated pets that are also waiting to be rescued...

Hopefully we decided not to do this in our organisation, because we can afford to, but some shelters are very crowded.

People in US should spread this on facebook or twitter so this dog can be taken from there and transfered to another shelter who don't kill or maybe adopted. If the shelter is ok, this dog can be transfered to another part of the country. At least maybe the shelter can find her a shelter family so that they are not obliged to kill her anymore until she gets adopted.

Sadly all pets in shelter can be put in this killing list. young, old, healthy or not... A shelter is not "heaven" for pets. It's a center where people do there best to cope with other people cruelty...In my town, all kitten (BABIES) who are brought every summer are automatically killed, because there are too much of them being born every year and the shelter cannot afford to keep so many (not enough money, limited space, too litlle adoption, too little foster families...)

I adopted my dog from a shelter, she was 11 and found on street, i think the shelter would have killed her on the next list of "dogs to be killed to make space". She's wonderfull, very nice with everyone, very well educated, quiet... It's sad people always want baby pets because old ones are great too !
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MissG

January 03, 2011, 02:04:24 PM
My twitter sucks  :x  :x

Do we have news about the doggie? The blogger did not update about the case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

TarjaTopic starter

January 03, 2011, 02:53:39 PM
no... we don't.. I just sent like 29 e-mails today at 29 different rescue centers in the US telling them the problem with the little one and so did my sister. We're up to around 60 sent e-mails. I just hope someone would help her. Please, I ask for the sake of humanity, try to contact rescue centers too, tell them about this sweetheart. It breaks my heart seeing her liek this. I want to help her so bad. I have a huge, absolutelly huge neverending love towards animals
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

January 03, 2011, 04:59:00 PM
Quote from: "Tarja"
no... we don't.. I just sent like 29 e-mails today at 29 different rescue centers in the US telling them the problem with the little one and so did my sister. We're up to around 60 sent e-mails. I just hope someone would help her. Please, I ask for the sake of humanity, try to contact rescue centers too, tell them about this sweetheart. It breaks my heart seeing her liek this. I want to help her so bad. I have a huge, absolutelly huge neverending love towards animals
I'm not sure where you are living, but you can contact that shelter and ask to adopt her.  Some shelters will ship the dog to you via air.  You will have to pay for the shipping, but with someone as compassionate as yourself, you should be able to adopt her with no problem.  I wish I could do this but we already have 3 dogs.  In our city we are only allowed to have 2 dogs per family, but one of ours is a chihuahua and they said they dont really consider her a dog.  She is more like a family cat.  I think the attention you are giving this dog, she will get adopted soon.  Have faith and everything will work out the way that it should.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 03, 2011, 05:08:30 PM
Quote from: "dragonflylilies"
In our city we are only allowed to have 2 dogs per family, but one of ours is a chihuahua and they said they dont really consider her a dog.  
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Poor thing!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

January 03, 2011, 09:44:13 PM
There is a two dog per allotment policy where I live in Australia also. If you have acreage you can have more. I have been known to bend the rules in the past by registering a dog to my mother's address that permanently gets looked after by me. For a person who doesn't mind stretching things to make it  fit, there are ways.
I would take this angel home in a heartbeat if I were able. That being said, our shelters are overflowing here with animals that are either unwanted or "inconvenient" as well. We collect donated food for our local animal shelter at my workplace. I wish that I was able to do more. There are many wonderful volunteers here that offer their time to walk and exercise these dogs that have been abandoned and abused. They help by  giving them some love and build their trust and confidence again.
Here's an idea where the media can do something positive for a change. In the past, when there has been a publicity drive to rehome animals in my city, the local paper runs stories and pics of the  selected dogs and cats and livestock available needing urgent rehoming. The success rate for getting these babies into a good home is extremely high and has flow on effects to the other adoptees as many people applying for the same dog end up getting introduced to another one. It seems a shame to me that this media blitz only happens maybe once a year.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

TarjaTopic starter

January 04, 2011, 06:02:54 AM
Quote from: "dragonflylilies"
Quote from: "Tarja"
I'm not sure where you are living, but you can contact that shelter and ask to adopt her.  Some shelters will ship the dog to you via air.  You will have to pay for the shipping, but with someone as compassionate as yourself, you should be able to adopt her with no problem.  I wish I could do this but we already have 3 dogs.  In our city we are only allowed to have 2 dogs per family, but one of ours is a chihuahua and they said they dont really consider her a dog.  She is more like a family cat.  I think the attention you are giving this dog, she will get adopted soon.  Have faith and everything will work out the way that it should.

I thought of this and one friend of mine sent a dog to adoption via shipping in Germany. the problem I have with it is that I live in two rooms appartment and I have two cats. One of them is 13 y/o, she'll be 14 in February  and she's highly sensitive at any new member. She doesn't get along with the other cat so far and bringing a dog here would cause her a heartattack :( The pain I feel is huge when I see an abbandoned helpless soul like this beautiful girl and I don't know what to do to help. I always said and I'll always keep saying that if I had the financial possibilities as well as Michael has, I'd absolutelly do the same as him. I would donate and support animal rescue centers all around the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I won\'t be using this account/ID name anymore. My name is Yulia, for who wants to know. Souza, you can delete this account if you want to.I\'m not using it anymore.[/size]

January 04, 2011, 07:34:22 AM
i posted on my personnal twitter, but i don't think i have US contact on our facebook page...i'll share it again...and hope it spreads to some shelter that would have space for her.

Please everyone, spread it so maybe someone make decision to adopt her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

TarjaTopic starter

January 04, 2011, 01:24:29 PM
thank you, whatyourheartsays
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

January 10, 2011, 10:12:56 AM
You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well, just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single trusting heart
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown eyed puppy with a stump for a tail. [author unknown]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 10, 2011, 11:05:38 AM
What about the dog ?
You know if an organisation is ok to save her but have no place they can also put her on "vacation" in a private dog keeper. They make price per week or per month. It would give time to find a family. Some dog rescue shelter have no choice but to do this for dogs they cannot foster. Some people make donation to pay for it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions