Screen messages at the Memorial
December 18, 2009, 06:29:51 AM
This is gonna be kinda long post, but i hope not entirely pointless!

Yesterday night I finally got the courage to watch the full Memorial service on DVD for the first time after it was originally broadcasted. Watching it back in July was very hard and although i've seen 'hoax-related' parts of it many times by now, the thought of seeing the whole thing again was painful. Luckily this time I could watch it with a clearer mind and dryer eyes. This WAS an amazing, dignifying and very solid in its message ceremony. And I got a feeling that the words said in Staples Center on that morning did something that sadly MJ didn't accomplish to do via his interviews, movies and public appearences in the past years - to finally prove the world that he is human just like everyone of us and that he is one of the greatest human ever lived with everything he did throughout his life in music, culture and humanitarian field. Perhaps the first part of it was grasped by the audience (or at least by the media) in a better way (judging by the news coverage which followed - reporters voiced as one that Brooke's Shields and 'KFC' stories were greatest revelations: 'he was a person after all!'...). Bitter as it is, Michael's 'death' opened many people's hearts to understand him and love him for who he was. Or so i hope.

What I also noticed, was that throughout the Memorial there were only 3 times that a text message appeared on the screen along with the photograhs. All three were lines were from the MJ songs. And the first two messages appeared during the two speeches given by Rev. Al Sharpton and by Martin Luther King III & Bernice King (children of Martin Luther King, Jr.). I don't think that this happened by pure coincidence as the Memorial was planned and directed by no other than Kenny Ortega. So that sorta reminded me of the text messages we've seen in TII movie.

1. "There's nothing that can't be done if we raise our voice as one" (from "We've had enough")

Al Sharpton speech was very powerful and if you search the net - many consider it one of the Memorial highlights "because it cut deep to the core reasons why many people love and defend Michael Jackson and for another reason: Jackson represents the growth of mainstream American Culture, where people paid less attention to race and more attention to what they liked regardless of the skin color of the person who made what they liked" (from a blog). So what did he say:

All over the world today people are gathered in love viduals to celebrate the life of a man that taught the world how to love.

People may be wondering why there’s such an emotional outburst. But you would have to understand the journey of Michael to understand what he meant to all of us. For these that sit here as the Jackson family - a mother and father with nine children that rose from a working class family in Gary, Indiana - they had nothing but a dream.

No one believed in those days that this kind of dream could come true, but they kept on believing and Michael never let the world turn him around from his dreams. I first met Michael around the 1970 Black Expo, Chicago, Illinois. Rev. Jesse Jackson, who stood by this family till now, and from that day as a cute kid to this moment, he never gave up dreaming. It was that dream that changed culture all over the world. When Michael started, it was a different world. But because Michael kept going, because he didn’t accept limitations, because he refused to let people decide his boundaries, he opened up the whole world.

In the music world, he put on one glove, pulled his pants up and broke down the color curtain where now our videos are shown and magazines put us on the cover. It was Michael Jackson that brought Blacks and Whites and Asians and Latinos together. It was Michael Jackson that made us sing, “We are the World” and feed the hungry long before Live Aid.

Because Michael Jackson kept going, he created a comfort level where people that felt they were separate became interconnected with his music. And it was that comfort level that kids from Japan and Ghana and France and Iowa and Pennsylvania got comfortable enough with each other until later it wasn’t strange to us to watch Oprah on television. It wasn’t strange to watch Tiger Woods golf. Those young kids grew up from being teenage, comfortable fans of Michael to being 40 years old and being comfortable to vote for a person of color to be the President of the United States of America.

Michael did that. Michael made us love each other. Michael taught us to stand with each other. There are those that like to dig around mess. But millions around the world, we’re going to uphold his message. It’s not about mess, but it’s about his love message. As you climb up steep mountains, sometimes you scar your knee; sometimes you break your skin. But don’t focus on the scars, focus on the journey. Michael beat ‘em, Michael rose to the top. He out-sang his cynics, he out-danced his doubters; he out-performed the pessimists. Every time he got knocked down, he got back up. Every time you counted him out, he came back in. Michael never stopped. Michael never stopped. Michael never stopped.

I want to say to Mrs. Jackson and Joe Jackson, his sisters and brothers: We thank you for giving us someone that taught us love; someone who taught us hope. We want to thank you because we know it was your dream too.

We know that your heart is broken. I know you have some comfort from the letter from the President of the United States and Nelson Mandela. But this was your child. This was your brother. This was your brother. This was your cousin. Nothing will fill your hearts’ lost. But I hope the love that people are showing will make you know he didn’t live in vain. I want his three children to know: Wasn’t nothing strange about your Daddy. It was strange what your Daddy had to deal with. But he dealt with it…He dealt with it anyway. He dealt with it for us.

So, some came today, Mrs. Jackson, to say goodbye to Michael. I came to say, thank you. Thank you because you never stopped, thank you because you never gave up, thank you because you never gave out, thank you because you tore down our divisions. Thank you because you eradicated barriers. Thank you because you gave us hope. Thank you Michael. Thank you Michael. Thank you Michael!
audio with transcript:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A powerful speech and the message on the screen coming from a powerful and meaningful song:

We're innocently standing by
Watching people lose their lives
It seems as if we have no voice
It's time for us to make a choice

Only god could decide
Who will live and who will die
There's nothing that can't be done
If we raise our voice as one

They've gotta hear it from me
They've gotta hear it from you
They've gotta hear it from us
We can't take it
We've already had enough

So, Michael united us.

2. "They say the sky's the limit and for me that is really true" (from "Bad")

Speech given by Martin Luther King descendants was also very moving. Here's an extract:

And for all of us it is apparent that like our father and mother, Martin and Coretta King, Michael’s life and work was inspired by the love of God. Throughout the ages few are chosen from amongst us to use their gifts and talents to demonstrate God’s love in an effort to bring the world together in true sister and brotherhood. Michael was such a one. He epitomized the words of our father that an individual hasn’t started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of humanity. Michael was always concerned with others with humanity. And I want the world to know that despite being embroiled in accusations and persecutions, as a humanitarian he thought it not robbery to concern himself with one of this world’s other greatest humanitarians, our mother, during her illness just three months before her death.

Here's an audio with transcript:

Michael is placed next to Marin Luther King and that alone is very significant... the song line perhaps is significant too, however not the one that's been on the screen, but just the following:

But They Say The Sky's
The Limit
And To Me That's Really True
And My Friends You Have
Seen Nothin'
Just Wait 'Til I Get Through...

3. Last but not least we get this picture, which has been largely discussed on every hoax forum

It appears at the end of the ceremony, after the family has spoken. And don't they say the last impression is the one that  lasts (or something like that!)

There's a man
Who plays the game of life so well
Ooh, there's such a man
His thoughts you can never tell, ooh
And it's just the way he
Thought it would be
'Cause the day has come
For him to be free
I'm alive and I'm here forever

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

Re: Screen messages at the Memorial
December 18, 2009, 06:43:16 AM
tinker_bell i enjoyed that i do not like going back to the memorial even thugh i know that mj is alive it is still sad
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 06:47:24 AM
@ SPAKKLE29FUL

It is very sad. Especially seeing Michael's beautiful pictures on the screen... I couldn't help thinking about the chance that he might be indeed... don't wanna say that but I couldn't help thinking about his mother seeing her son... especially the childhood pictures. It's a terrible thought.  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

December 18, 2009, 06:56:49 AM
Quote from: "tinker_bell"
@ SPAKKLE29FUL

It is very sad. Especially seeing Michael's beautiful pictures on the screen... I couldn't help thinking about the chance that he might be indeed... don't wanna say that but I couldn't help thinking about his mother seeing her son... especially the childhood pictures. It's a terrible thought.  :cry:
KEEP THE FAITH I HAVE SEEN NOTHING TO TELL ME HE IS DEAD
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

December 18, 2009, 09:49:58 AM
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
Quote from: "tinker_bell"
@ SPAKKLE29FUL

KEEP THE FAITH I HAVE SEEN NOTHING TO TELL ME HE IS DEAD

Exactly... There are more things that say he's alive, than things that prove he's dead.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

December 18, 2009, 10:10:09 AM
wow...what beautiful words in Al's speech...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=85]...since you went away, Don\'t you know
I sit around with my head hanging down,
And I wonder...who\'s loving you!?[/size]
[/i]

December 18, 2009, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: "badloving"
wow...what beautiful words in Al's speech...
:D you are so right ALS the man he did mj proud :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 05, 2010, 01:43:10 PM
ummm i am new to the site and this is the only subject i could find to place my statement.   it was some where on this site where thye going down the list of people and why they were there.  well i notice teh scrren shot of berry gordy  and the screen picture of michael during the one of his concerts buring BAD.   to me it looks like he was stomping on berry gordy............Did the Jacksons ever get their royalties from Motown? Did Mike ever forgive him.        Well they say a picture is worth 1,000 words that is what i saw.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions