Grace

Quote from: "~Souza~"
There will be no "star witness" in the prelim. Sources tell us the various witnesses will form building blocks, making the case that Dr. Murray acted recklessly by administering Propofol and other drugs to Jackson the day he died.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And now:
Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today  ... sources tell TMZ.

So what is it Harve? Make up your mind.

Good to see Kenny's back!

No contradiction IMO.
A "star witness" could be understood as a
1) star witness
In legal proceedings, a star witness is a witness who provides major and crucial information in a criminal case. In some instances, a case may have several star witnesses, and their testimony may cinch a conviction or acquittal, especially when handled by a skilled lawyer.
2) VIP witness
3) acting witness (starring a witness)

There's a movie "The Star Witness" from 1931
Members of a family witness two murders, but the gang uses threats, violence and kidnapping to try to keep the members from testifying.

There's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for the fight against "the bad guys"
and
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:
Our focus has always been to help law enforcement utilize video evidence to catch criminals. Some of our initial products were created specifically for the federal government.

There's a song "Star Witness" from Neko Case:
Case: It was one of those things where there's gang violence and somebody gets shot right in front of you, and you live it and it's horrible. And, of course, it doesn't make the news because the kid is black. Nobody gives a shit except for his family, and you see how much nobody gives a shit and it's fucking heartbreaking. He wasn't even the kid they were looking to shoot. He was just some kid who they mistook for somebody else and they shot him. I saw it happen. I didn't make the song about me either. The song is pieces of different people but the event is in there.

A star witness in the hearing could then mean: "It is about a fight against bad guys."

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home.  Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present.  We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative."
Sounds like a supersoaker party to me...

Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

"To read the riot act" is an established expression.
However it could as well be split into pieces and would then translate into:
Kenny read the riot act (act of an event / theater performance) to Michael - he read the story book to Michael.

A riot may be this:
1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
2. Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.
3. An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.
4. A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.
a. Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry.
b. Debauchery.
6. Slang An irresistibly funny person or thing: Isn't she a riot?

So Kenny read the most irresistibly funny part of a storybook?

I'm glad there was a turnaround.

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Datroot

Quote from: "Gema"
I just would like to know why they use that pic of Murray  :lol:

He is saying "Uuuuuuuu"

He is saying DATROOOOOOOT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

suspicious mind

Quote from: "Gema"
I just would like to know why they use that pic of Murray  :lol:

He is saying "Uuuuuuuu"

maybe because it is from the video that people think was michael. also kenny is pictured in between murry and michael. could he be a go- between? :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MissG

Yes, Murray "saved" Michael from Kenny´s concerts somehow?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

nefari

*Datroot*: LOL!!!!!!!!!!! He's saying Da Trooooooooooooooooooooot.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

If Michael was really ill on the 19th...  why didnt Kenny INSIST that Michael went to the hospital???

If Dr Murray was being an arse and being arrogant..  why didnt he drag MJ out of there, or call an ambulance>??

Shouting at MJ and reading him the riot act doesnt seem caring to me.   :?

Why didnt Kenny ring up Katherine and tell her what was going on????  

I dont believe this to be true.  Kenny is covering his own backside here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

baring false witness.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Ustream link if anyone wants it

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It sounds to me like Kenny's testimony will actually support Murray more than hurt him.  

In other words, Michael was ill on the 19th, Murray tended to him resulting in Michael giving his best rehearsals on the 23rd and 24th, and then died on the 25th.  Well Murray has said all along that he was concerned that Michael might be getting too reliant on the propofol so he started cutting back the doses.  Then after he walked out of the room, a desperate Michael self injected the lethal dose.

Why was Michael so desperate to sleep so that he could perform well?  Because Randy Phillips had told him that the concerts were essentially a do or die situation.  So the defense will claim that if Michael (in his ill state) hadn't felt so cornered to perform, he wouldn't have self injected on the first place.  Therefore the guilty party would be AEG for forcing a sick Michael to perform anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Quote from: "pillekelille"
Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

I think that the story about being cold around the 19th lines up with the nurses story who said she got a call from Michael saying that one side of his body was hot and the other was cold, right?

June 19, 2009 was a Friday. June 20 (the meeting at the house) was Saturday. According to this article, the phone call to the nurse (from an MJ staff member) was Sunday, June 21, which was Father's Day.  So according to this timeline, Friday he was hot/cold and they canceled rehearsal, the next day they read him the "riot act", he was hot/cold AGAIN the day after that (Father's Day Sunday), I don't know what happened Monday, then Tuesday and Wednesday he had the best rehearsals of all...

"Cherilyn Lee, a registered nurse whose specialty includes nutritional counseling, said that she repeatedly rejected his demands for the drug, Diprivan, which is given intravenously.

But a frantic phone call she received from Jackson four days before his death made her fear that he somehow obtained Diprivan or another drug to induce sleep, Lee said.

While in Florida on June 21, Lee was contacted by a member of Jackson's staff.

"He called and was very frantic and said, 'Michael needs to see you right away.' I said, 'What's wrong?' And I could hear Michael in the background ..., 'One side of my body is hot, it's hot, and one side of my body is cold. It's very cold,"' Lee said.

"I said, 'Tell him he needs to go the hospital. I don't know what's going on, but he needs to go to the hospital ... right away."

"At that point I knew that somebody had given him something that hit the central nervous system," she said, adding, "He was in trouble Sunday and he was crying out."

Who else did Michael call on that Father's Day?

Holding back tears before the Black Eyed Peas gig on the Jazz World stage, Will said: “The last time I spoke to Michael was on Father’s Day.

“He called me to wish me happy Father’s Day even though I don’t have any children.

“He said, ‘I just wanted to call and say have a good day anyway.’

“I told him, ‘OK, I will grab my crotch and wish myself happy Father’s Day for all my unborn children.’ He laughed and said, ‘You’re so funny.’

I tried calling him last week but he was always in rehearsals. It’s so sad. He was my friend and the biggest inspiration of my life. I’m going to miss him.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Serenety_Dream, good point. I have read much on that site of Bullinger in the past.
Interesting that a Star was the witness to the world of Jesus' birth. Indirectly the Bible talks about the 12 constellations. There are 12 sons of Israel, and 12 disciples, and also when Joseph (a pre-type of Jesus) dreams, his 11 brothers are stars that bow down to him plus his parents the sun and moon.
Astronomy and the Birth of Jesus

The essential factor in interpreting the symbol of Revelation 12:1–5 is the identification of the woman. What is John signifying by mentioning her? This much is certain: the woman in the first three verses is featured as being in heaven and both the Sun and the Moon are in association with her. After the dragon casts down a third of the stars of heaven (Revelation 12:4), the woman is then found on earth (verses 6 and 14). But the important factor is the birth of the man-child and the Woman’s relationship with the heavenly signs while she is symbolically in heaven. (The first three verses of Revelation 12 shows the Sun clothing her, the Moon under her feet and the Twelve Stars on her head).

The “birth” of the Messiah is associated with this heavenly spectacle. Since some noted heavenly bodies are a part of the picture, it could well be that John intended the woman to represent a constellation that the two primary luminaries transverse, and that she was a part of the zodiacal system which gives headship to the signs (the Twelve Stars were a “crown” upon her head). Recall that interpreting astronomical signs dominated the thinking of most people in the 1st century, whether the people were Jews or Gentiles. Indeed, the word “sign” used by the author of the Book of Revelation to describe this celestial display was the same one used by the ancients to denote the zodiacal constellations. 17....

Bullinger, in his book The Witness of the Stars (pp. 29–34), said that the word “Spica” has, through the Arabic, the meaning “the branch” and that it symbolically refers to Jesus who was prophetically called “the Branch” in Zechariah 3:8 and 6:12. And Bullinger (and Seiss in his book The Gospel in the Stars) maintains that this sign of Virgo designates the heavenly witness for the birth of the Messiah (Jesus). They say that Virgo should actually begin the zodiacal signs which give the story of the Messiah. This may be. The apostle John may have given the same indication as far as the first full sign of the zodiac is concerned. He depicted the woman of Revelation as having a crown of Twelve Stars on her head.

I also don't trust any of those so-called informers, though if they are assigned, each of them may present some truths mixed with falsehood to cloud the story, which has been happening since day 1. TS is the only one IMO that is stable.

Interesting info on "reading the riot act".
This is all building up to a very entertaining show!

Pepper
I told him, ‘OK, I will grab my crotch and wish myself happy Father’s Day for all my unborn children.’ He laughed and said, ‘You’re so funny.’
:lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

5 members of the public are allowed to be present,this is done via a lottery(LOL)
so ridiculous and then handed the rules for court

Incase anyone is interested
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions