who is michael rodgers
January 04, 2011, 06:22:38 PM
I need help to understand ... apparently Michael Rodgers song "Never Had A Girl" and "Let Me Carry Your School Books"a couple of songs on the record of the Jackson Five's Steeltown label in that song the voice is very similar to mike even portrayed him as mike in his time ... my question is why?
Ripples & Waves is the band I play that song with the voice of m.rodgers, I looked for information about this person and I found nothing.
1    Ripples & Waves Plus Michael (63)  -     Let Me Carry Your Schoolbooks    2:55    
2    Ripples & Waves Plus Michael (63)  -     I Never Had A Girl    3:02
"plus michael"Jackson was not. was rodgers
maybe this wrong and the little information that I have misunderstood you ... sorry for my English appreciate your help ....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: who is michael rodgers
January 04, 2011, 07:19:32 PM
A lot of places it is written that The Ripples And Waves + Michael was actually the Jackson 5. But in this blog... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
... there is a comment saying that the person has been seeing them in concert so I suppose they are someone who was popular for a period of time and maybe forgotten again? (Not sure I understood your question right maybe)

Anonymous said...
I watched Ripples and Waves perform at a fashion show at West Side High school in the early 70's. They had a lot of talent and a broader range of music because of the rotation of lead singers, unlike the J5 who only had Michael and sometimes Jermaine. Because of that, to me, they were the hottest in Gary at the time. Very talented...!

October 13, 2010 10:38 AM  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

Serenitys_Dream

January 04, 2011, 08:11:01 PM
Partial of the post about the J5 here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

the jackson 5 / the jacksons
The Jackson 5 originally comprised of the brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael, although their earliest line-up involved Jackie, Tito and their mother.

All of the brothers showed an early interest in music, a talent picked up on by their father following him finding the children playing his old guitar without asking their permission to do so!

In the early Sixties, the three eldest children began performing together.

Jackie, Tito and Marlon were joined by their cousins, Johnnie Jackson and Ronnie Rancifer,at this stage, although they were later to be replaced by the younger family members at various stages.

Their father oversaw their developing careers, becoming the manager at a later stage, whilst the children blossomed as musicians and dancers.

Michael's dancing abilities were greatly influenced by the on stage choreographic performances of the legendary James Brown.

Jermaine had been the main lead vocalist at the time, although as the Sixties progressed, Michael became more involved as the group's main vocal lead.

The group went through a few short lived name changes ranging from Ripples and Waves plus Michael to the Jackson Brothers, until finally surfacing as the Jackson 5.

Six in this picture! Who are each in this picture?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

January 04, 2011, 09:44:43 PM
whoa ! johnny jackson was a cousin? i read somewhere that he died and janet paid for his funeral. i thought though in the american dream movie that joe simply refered to him as that johnny jackson kid down the street.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 05, 2011, 01:59:31 AM
"Steeltown released the song when the band, Jackson mania was at its height, and Keith did not care that people make that assumption. In fact, I expected the public would assume they were hearing a recording loss of the Jackson Five and even changed the group name "Ripples & Waves + Michael" because they just had a singer named Michael Rogers (when I asked Keith if he wanted the people think it could be Michael Jackson, he replied: "Sure! "). Some Internet sources continue to insist that Michael Jackson sang on the recording, but Phillip Mack, drummer Ripples & Waves, confirms that it was Rogers."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions