You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson hearing: Paparazzi, fans hampered paramedics from getting stricken pop star to hospital

January 6, 2011 | 10:58 am

A paramedic who tried in vain to save Michael Jackson’s life testified Thursday that an unruly crowd of paparazzi and tourists outside the pop star’s home hampered efforts to get to the hospital.

“It’s a circus out there. It’s unbelievable,” recalled Los Angeles City Fire Department paramedic Richard Senneff of the scene outside Jackson’s Holmby Hills mansion June 25, 2009.

The witness testified on the second day of testimony at a hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence to try Dr. Conrad Murray for involuntary manslaughter. Senneff said that the ambulance driver had trouble navigating away from the residence because of a throng that included passengers of a tour bus and photographers with “big cameras, little cameras, video cameras, still cameras.”

At one point, a man with a video camera ran alongside the ambulance holding a camera with a large lens against the window. “It just seemed wrong,” he said. Under questioning by a defense lawyer, Senneff said Murray wanted to put a “central line” to restart Jackson’s heart, but that medics did not have equipment or training to do so. He said the singer did not respond to two rounds of drugs to revive him and hospital officials told him over the radio to “call” Jackson’s death, but that neither he nor Murray wanted to do so. “I said, 'Be advised, this is a very high-profile VIP,' ” Senneff said.

The 50-year-old singer was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center. Senneff said rescue workers had gone “above and beyond” the call of duty in the field not because Jackson was a celebrity, but “because it was someone’s son.” Katherine Jackson, the singer’s mother, listened intently in the courtroom gallery. Judge Michael Pastor also heard from a second paramedic who, like Senneff, said that Murray initially claimed he had not given his patient any medication.

Martin Blount said the denial struck him as odd because he saw a hypodermic needle and three bottles of lidocaine in the room. Murray, he said, “scooped up” the bottles and placed them in a bag before they left for the hospital. “Did you ever see those bottles again,” Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren asked. “No, sir,” Blount replied. Murray, 57, has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors accuse Murray of an “extreme deviation” from the standard of medical care by, among other things, giving Jackson the surgical anesthetic propofol to treat insomnia.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

I don't remember seeing footage of a circus that day outsite MJ's house or the paramedic driver having problems navigating because of paparazzi and fans.  
Maybe a siren would have helped???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

The siren wasn't turned on until after the navigates out into streets and took off.
Perhaps going around the circular drive, instead of trying to back out of the gate would have helped.  I certainly so no fans interferring, the bus was off to the side and out of the way.  The only idiots were from NPG.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Grace

Let's not forget that the "circus" was planted that day on purpose.
We have at least two takes of videos (pylones, shadow lengths etc.), the road being blocked in the north and the "proof shot of ambulance picture taking" from the southern road.
How many garbage bins were out there despite it was not garbage collection date?
One for each tabloid, I'd say... LOL
Keep the faith.
This continues in an accelerated staccato false and contradicting news into the minds of those who did not wake up yet.
It's sizzeling time.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

ijcsly

This is so aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Sorry bout that!
The paramedics are testifying MJ was dead when they got there right? So why comment how they could'nt get through the (non-existing) crowd of fans and papz!!!!They must think we're really dumb or something!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This was the most glaring statement of the day.

As soon as I read it on twitter (my poor clients got very little attention today...no seriously, I checked inbetween clients)- I was laughing.  SERIOUSLY???? And where are all these pictures and videos all these drones of fans took now? You would think SOME of them would have posted them.  I have not seen any- have you?

I don't think the ambulance EVER turned on sirens.  Lights, but no sirens, is what I heard and read.  
And yeah we all know NPG are the ONLY fotographers in town these days- at least in this case.

And yeah, backing out of a circular driveway didn't speed things up.  Give me a break!

I talked to several nonbelievers today and every single one said to me: what??? There were no crowds outside.  What is this BS?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

pepper

Quote from: "darkchild"

Senneff said rescue workers had gone “above and beyond” the call of duty in the field not because Jackson was a celebrity, but “because it was someone’s son.”

"IT was SOMEONE'S son."

So, whose son was IT?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

“It’s a circus out there. It’s unbelievable,” recalled Los Angeles City Fire Department paramedic Richard Senneff of the scene outside Jackson’s Holmby Hills mansion June 25, 2009.

Is he talking about THAT day or the OTHER day ??  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "pepper"

LOL- AND he is telling the absolute thruth.  It's a circus and it was unbelievable.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

Grace

Quote from: "pepper"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OMG, even yahoo has taken up the news that MJ was dead twenty minutes before the paramedics arrived - well, usually you call police and a coroner directly to the house and don't go to a hospital then, especially when the Doc en lieu puts vials in a bag ???...

God let it rain wisdom and if not wisdom then questionmarks...

How much more does it take to make them media finally lose their underwear?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal