Ariz. Rep. Giffords, Others Shot by Gunman
January 08, 2011, 02:07:00 PM
Ariz. Rep. Giffords, Others Shot by Gunman
Democrat Among Several Reported Shot by Gunman in Tucson

(CBS/AP)  Last Updated 2:34 p.m. ET

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and three others were shot and killed in Pima County near Tucson today, reports CBS Affiliate KOLD.

As many as 10 people were shot when an assailant sprayed bullets into an area in her Arizona district where the Democratic lawmaker was hosting a "Congress on Your Corner" event at a Safeway supermarket.

A law enforcement source told CBS News that a suspect is in custody.

CBS News has learned that seven people are in the emergency room.

CBS Affiliate KPHO reports the gunman was tackled by police and is in custody.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Re: Ariz. Rep. Giffords, Others Shot by Gunman
January 08, 2011, 02:10:28 PM
Reports: Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot at public event
By Felicia Sonmez

Updated: 3:05 p.m.

Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot on Saturday morning while hosting an event outside a Tucson grocery store.

Giffords spokesperson C.J. Karamargin told The Washington Post Saturday afternoon that Giffords was in surgery at Tucson's University Medical Center.

A hospital spokesperson confirmed that Giffords had been shot in the head and was in critical condition Saturday afternoon. Eight others were brought to the hospital with Giffords, including seven adults and one child, all of whom were in either critical or serious condition. The hospital has scheduled a briefing for 1:30 p.m. local time on Saturday.

Administration officials and several news outlets had earlier reported that Giffords had died after the shooting.

National Public Radio reported earlier Saturday that Giffords, who in November narrowly won reelection to a third term, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event when a gunman ran up and began shooting.

Last March, Giffords was one of 10 House Democrats who were the subject of harassment over their support for the national health care overhaul. At the time, the front door of Giffords' Tucson office had been shattered in an early morning incident.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 02:13:05 PM
Assassinated Representative Gabrielle Giffords Was On Sarah Palin's "Hit List"
Joe Weisenthal | Jan. 8, 2011, 2:27 PM | 4,515 | comment 39

Update: Sarah Palin's site is currently not loading.

Original post: We still no absolutely nothing about the motives of whoever killed shot Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords.

However, obviously people are talking about a possible political motive, and one thing people are pointing to is Sarah Palin's "hit list" the list of 20 politicians that she targeted with rifle-sights on a website last year. We wrote about Palin's site here.

Needless to say, Palin's list was only figurative in intention. The goal was to vote out Democrats who voted for healthcare reform from conservative districts.

This map was published by Palin on Takeback the 20 (via FireDogLake and Townhall).

Image: FireDogLake

Here's another look at the map, with the full list of names:

Tags: Politics | Get Alerts for these topics »

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 02:14:14 PM
Please be careful that the information posted is accurate.

May God surround the victims with love and protection during this difficult time.  

I live in Arizona and it's not been very surprising to me but some national media, CNN included, were reporting that Congress woman Giffords had died when in fact she is in surgery at this time. Her staff had to ask CNN and others to retract their statements, which I see they are beginning to do.

There are 4 that did lose their lives this morning and others that are injured after someone walked up to the store where an event was being held. The person opened fire at close range.

It's absolutely horrifying that this would take place. May God have mercy.

Edit: it's now being reported by local news that one of her staff members has been killed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

January 08, 2011, 02:23:16 PM
What an awful tragedy!  I'm so sorry to hear that some people were killed.  I'm glad they got the attacker though.

On a completely unrelated note, I didn't know they had Safeways in Arizona.  I remember that store from when I lived in Maryland.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 08, 2011, 04:16:45 PM
The suspect's name is Jared Lee Loughner, 22 according to CNN. A double name again? Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, Jared Lee Loughner ...

What is her political agenda?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
The suspect's name is Jared Lee Loughner, 22 according to CNN. A double name again? Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, Jared Lee Loughner ...

Interesting..... fav books collection

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Update 2: From his YouTube profile is the reading list of someone who is nuts:
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 08, 2011, 04:27:45 PM
Quote from: "ForstAMoon"

I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno."
Oh dear, that explains a lot, reading those titles. I just read on TMZ there is a 9-years-old under the dead, I have no words...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 05:09:11 PM
I'm currently watching CNN. They are discussing Jared's fascination with the  military, new currency and 2012. They also mention that many of his writings discussed mind control. Not good...

Quote from: "ForstAMoon"

Oh dear, that explains a lot, reading those titles. I just read on TMZ there is a 9-years-old under the dead, I have no words...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 05:14:33 PM
credit technorati.com

Gabrielle Giffords’ Last Tweet Before Shooting: ‘Let Me Know What Is on Your Mind’

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 08, 2011, 05:42:03 PM
Tell all videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Someone seriously fucked up this kid's mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 05:46:46 PM
Tell all videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Someone seriously fucked up this kid's mind.

this is absolutely sad and terrifying
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 08, 2011, 05:55:03 PM
TMZ:

UPDATE 3:02 PM PT -- Sources tell the AP the suspect in the shooting is saying he acted alone.

UPDATE 6:45 PM PT (guess it's a typo, should be 3:45) -- According to the Pima County Sheriff's Department, a total of six people died and 12 were wounded as a result of the shooting.

Witnesses say they heard 15 to 20 shots. How is it possible that a lone gunman is able to fire off 15 to 20 bullits when a US congresswoman is there? Is there no security? Did he hide? I smell a rat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 06:32:52 PM
I smell the same rat. Giffords was at a grocery store...not casually shopping ...but setting up for a political meet and greet for her constituents. The store has regular security but an event such as this had to have additional people onhand. Plus...I'm still baffled  about the way that Jared could walk up and shoot her point-blank in the head. I'm no weapons expert but he managed to fire off that many rounds without anyone tackling him to the ground. Please...give me a break.
TMZ:

UPDATE 3:02 PM PT -- Sources tell the AP the suspect in the shooting is saying he acted alone.

UPDATE 6:45 PM PT (guess it's a typo, should be 3:45) -- According to the Pima County Sheriff's Department, a total of six people died and 12 were wounded as a result of the shooting.

Witnesses say they heard 15 to 20 shots. How is it possible that a lone gunman is able to fire off 15 to 20 bullits when a US congresswoman is there? Is there no security? Did he hide? I smell a rat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 08, 2011, 07:26:52 PM
As I have read, Gabrielle Giffords is opposing the racist anti-inmigrante law of this State and constantly receives threats.
Arizona is he State ultra-rightist Senator John McCain.
Giffords is in favour of enhanced security measures at borders of United States with Mexico and wants to "safer" for the neighbouring communities of Arizona to illegal immigration
However, according to the Los Angeles Times reports, opposed to the racist law SB1070 under extremely harsh anti-immigrant measures. Law allows police to stop those considered "suspected" immigrants "appearance".
Adversaries literally covered his district posters proclaiming "Giffords, opposite to SB1070"
His Office was then assaulted by criminals and Congresswoman received threats "unspecified".
Giffords was then the only legislator who did not vote in favour of a proposed law presented by Congressman Charles Rangel of New York for business with Cuba in the agricultural sector.
Giffords has also recently denounced omnipotent in the border area Mexico, drug cartels and their multi-million dollar money laundering operations :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions