~Souza~

Re: Ariz. Rep. Giffords, Others Shot by Gunman
January 09, 2011, 07:21:48 AM
I read she is still critical, hope she will make it without being a plant the rest of her life.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 09, 2011, 09:29:51 AM
"This morning I read online something said Fidel Castro," the former Cuban leader recalled the threat that made the former candidate for Vice President of United States in the 2008 elections and leader of the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, as well as the former opponent of Giffords in Congress, Jesse Kelly, who published messages on the Internet where indicated with "shotgun" (for Palin) or "an M-16 automatic" (Kelly) his opponents during their respective campaigns ""
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Serenitys_Dream

January 09, 2011, 08:21:13 PM
Freedom of Speech, in regards to criticism of government policies, is being attacked after this shooting. They want you to be quiet and not speak out if you don't agree with the government. The sheriff is stating that those who spoke out about the health care bill are in essence to blame for this man's actions...

Megyn Kelly Debates Sheriff Clarence Dupnik About His Comments On Arizona Shooting
Jack Mirkinson First Posted: 01- 9-11

Fox News' Megyn Kelly debated Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, the man leading the investigation into the shooting in Arizona, about the sheriff's recent comments about what he saw as the "vitriol" in political and media discourse that had contributed to the incident, in which six, including a federal judge, have died, and Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot.

Dupnik appeared on a special Sunday edition of "America Live." Kelly asked about the suspected shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, and what his motives might be. Was there something, she asked, about Giffords that "set [Loughner] off?"

"There are a whole lot of people in this country who are very angry about the politics of people like Gabrielle," Dupnik said. "There was a lot of vitriolic statements made night and day on radio and TV about her support of health care, about her support of some of the other things, and some of the vitriol got .... a lot of people agitated. But you took the words out of my mouth...you're talking about irrational behavior here."

Kelly asked if there was anything the sheriff had discovered in his investigation that suggested that Loughner was "listening to radio or watching television and was in any way inspired by what he heard or saw?"

Dupnik said that he did not yet have any such evidence, but that the investigation had only just begun.

Kelly said she was wondering if it was the right time for Dupnik to be, in her words, "injecting speculative opinion" about the case. He replied that he thought that the issue had to be raised. "Free speech is free speech but it's not without consequences," he said. But Kelly pressed him further. "With respect, sheriff, I know that you're a Democrat and you ran for office as a Democrat, and I just want to press you on that a little. I'm sure some of our viewers are asking themselves why you are putting a political spin on this when they may be asking why you the sheriff aren't just focused on the facts, on uncovering the facts," she said.

Vitriol
1. Bitterly abusive feeling or expression.
2. speech, writing, etc., displaying rancour, vituperation, or bitterness.
3. abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will.
4. subject to bitter verbal abuse

[youtube:2kxsncou]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB5NgR8j9a4[/youtube:2kxsncou]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

January 09, 2011, 10:03:52 PM
Media, who want the protected right to lie and twist and distort the facts and create their brand of the truth to create our daily reality, destroy lives, and drive political agendas... tout freedom of speech to ensure they can continue to control the world in the manner in which they are used to.

Media lies!

vs.

Freedom of Speech!

Same thing right? Can be. We must tread very carefully.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

gwynned

January 15, 2011, 08:56:38 AM
What evidence do we have that this event really happened?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

January 16, 2011, 03:41:33 PM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
I put a video up about all of this and I watched the films and TV series that were connecting to this "Robert Day" name and I noticed something. In the film "Corridors of Blood" (by Robert Day which previously mentioned in this thread), the main character, who becomes addicted to anaesthetic, is mixing chemicals at one point for his anaesthetic concoctions.

The Camera focuses on a specific bottle "VITRIOL".

After the tragic Arizona shooting, the word “vitriol” was everywhere in the news. What is its literally dangerous meaning?
January 10, 2011

After Saturday’s shocking attack on Arizona lawmaker Gabrielle Giffords and a crowd of bystanders, an unusual word proliferated through all forms of media. Shortly after the shooting tragedy, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik cited “vitriolic rhetoric” as a potential source for the violence.

This article is not about politics or the relationship of media and violence in American culture. The topic at hand, of course, is “vitriol.” What is it?

Vitriol is an old-fashioned name for one of the most dangerous chemicals you can find: sulfuric acid. This substance is incredibly corrosive, meaning it eats away other substances due to chemical reactions. When sulfuric acid meets water, it produces an exothermic reaction, meaning that the chemical reaction with water produces heat. Reactions between the two are responsible for many horrific burns.

The acid is so corrosive that, even in diluted form, a drop of it will burn through a piece of paper. Medieval chemists named this substance vitriol after the Latin vitrium, “of glass.” In solid forms, sulfur compounds can have a glass-like appearance (like the image of crystallized copper sulfate above.)

Vitriol has been used poetically to refer to harsh speech since the 1700s. Sheriff Dupnik’s remarks are not the first time that the caustic word has been used to describe recent political discourse. In April, 2010, President Obama referred to some politically-themed talk shows as vitriol.

This struck me because since the Arizona shooting of Gabrielle Giffords and others, this word has been flying all over the place in the blame game. This isn't a commonly used word and I find it to be another very strange coincidence. I wrote the definition for this word in the thread about this shooting after hearing the Sheriff use it in his interview..

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Freedom of Speech, in regards to criticism of government policies, is being attacked after this shooting. They want you to be quiet and not speak out if you don't agree with the government. The sheriff is stating that those who spoke out about the health care bill are in essence to blame for this man's actions...

Vitriol
1. Bitterly abusive feeling or expression.
2. speech, writing, etc., displaying rancour, vituperation, or bitterness.
3. abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will.
4. subject to bitter verbal abuse

[youtube:25cm7d5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB5NgR8j9a4[/youtube:25cm7d5k]

Maybe it's nothing but it just stood out for me given what has been going in regards to the Tea Party movement, freedom of speech issues (including the internet), all the talk of NWO Conspiracies etc.  :shock:

And in another strange coincidence, the little girl who was killed in this shooting, Christina Taylor Green, was 9 years old.
She was born on September 11, 2001. (9+1+1+2+1 = 14/2 = 7 or 77)
The shooting occurred on January 8, 2011. (1+8+2+1+1 = 13)

The number 13

Nine-year-old shooting victim was 9/11 symbol of hope
Sunday, Jan. 9, 2011
WASHINGTON — Just nine years old, Christina Taylor Green was born on a day of overwhelming tragedy. She died on another.

Christina, a member of her elementary school’s student government, was among the six people killed in the Arizona shooting rampage that targeted Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

The third grader was born on Sept. 11, 2001, and, according to family, had attended Ms. Giffords’ Saturday town hall meeting because she wanted to learn more about American politics. Christina Green was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest and was dead when she arrived at University Medical Center in Tucson, doctors said.

As a baby, Christina’s photograph appeared in a book commemorating the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Faces of Hope: Babies born on 9/11 was a project undertaken by a Pennsylvania mother who sought out children from each of the 50 U.S. states to be featured in the book. “I think it’s something hopeful,” Christine Naman, the book’s author, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2002. “Maybe they were born to help us remember those who were lost, as well as to help us remember the things we should fight to hold on to. Things like peace, hope, freedom, courage, kindness. . . . Hope was born in every state that day.”

Roxanna Green said she hoped her daughter’s death might lead to a “coming together, to stop the violence and hatred and evil words and for us to bring awareness there are people out there who have these problems and we have to protect our government officials.”

Christina was described by family members as an extremely active and curious girl who loved ballet and played second base on her Little League baseball team, the only girl on the squad. The girl’s love of baseball was a family affair. She was the granddaughter of former Major League pitcher Dallas Green, who managed the World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies in 1980. Christina’s father, John, is a scout for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Christina had recently been elected to the student council at Mesa Verde Elementary School in Tucson and reportedly had aspirations to attend Penn State University. Christina’s uncle, Greg Segalini, told the Arizona Republic a neighbour invited the girl to Giffords’ ‘Congress on Your Corner’ event. The girl’s neighbour was also wounded in the attack but was recovering Sunday at University Medical Center in Tucson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

January 16, 2011, 04:24:59 PM
OMG.  The sheriff interview is unbelievable.  He truly is a Dupnick.

Serenity, interesting comment on vitriol.  Not sure where it's leading, though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

January 16, 2011, 04:49:45 PM
I have not sorted out my thoghts on this one.
However, Loughner in his youtube video brought up this:

[attachment=0:19b9aqdn]Intoduction to Jared Lee Loughner.jpg[/attachment:19b9aqdn]
So he was speaking about controlling grammar.
In his videos he attacked the use / abuse of words and thoughts and a reasoning made up of assumptions by using himself such a reasoning up to an unbelievable limit.
His sentences sounded really strange but were logical as such - just the content of conclusions was irrational. This "word, speech, twisting" theme somewhat fits into that of conducted lies, only that Loughner accused government as such.

I find this all very strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

~Souza~

January 21, 2011, 04:33:59 PM
Just saw on the news she is already out of the hospital and on her way to Texas for ehabilitation... :shock:  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 21, 2011, 07:59:51 PM
If you but, as it is going to be her..: :roll:

Recovered remarkably Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

Washington, Dec 21 (Prensa Latina) After two weeks of being the victim of an attack in Tucson, Arizona, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is remarkably recovered and received rehabilitation services at Memorial Hermann TIRR in Houston.

Experts quoted by The Washington Post predict that Giffords would need up to three months of hospitalization and diagnosis of full recovery is restricted because of severe brain injury he suffered.

Patient with similar traumas to the congressman may lose the ability to speak, understand and even suffer personality changes and memory loss
Giffords was discharged from the hospital of the University of Tucson, where she was treated after being shot point blank in the face. Their attacker killed six people and wounding 13.

Police officers from the White House directly involved in the custody of the congressman
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

January 21, 2011, 09:35:02 PM
Is this in any way credible???????  A bullet THROUGH THE BRAIN!!!! and she's out and about in 2 weeks.  It's taken me longer to get over a fucking cold!

Oh, and then there's the guy who was shot in the back and knee who managed a week later to attend a Tea Party Rally and get arrested for disorderly conduct.  His age?  61.  

It's a MIRACLE I tell you!!!!  A double miracle!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

January 21, 2011, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: "gwynned"
Is this in any way credible???????  A bullet THROUGH THE BRAIN!!!! and she's out and about in 2 weeks.  It's taken me longer to get over a fucking cold!

Oh, and then there's the guy who was shot in the back and knee who managed a week later to attend a Tea Party Rally and get arrested for disorderly conduct.  His age?  61.  

Yeah this is really a strange story, and that's an understatement...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

January 21, 2011, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "gwynned"

Yeah this is really a strange story, and that's an understatement...

Here's my theory.  How would someone prove to the world that the media can make them believe anything they want them to believe?  Perhaps they would engineer a most preposterous hoax with a plot full of holes and incredulous turns of events.  The nazis realized that everyone tells small lies, but most ordinary people cannot imagine a big lie.  So even when faced with evidence that the official story cannot be true and defies logic, the average person will reject the facts in favor of the official story.  

If Michael is at least a part of whatever is behind this hoax, I can only imagine the laughter in the drawing room as they drafted the story.  Not unlike the MJ hoax, this one is also replete with humor.  Consider the rambling bumbling sheriff's name, fi.  Dupnick!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

January 22, 2011, 01:34:16 PM
What the media are reporting about Gabrielle Giffords' conditions:
Giffords will be scrutinized by physical and occupational therapists, speech therapists and psychologists to pin down the extent of her injuries from the gunshot wound to her head. She's moving both arms and legs, but it's uncertain how much strength she has on her right side, or whether her right leg can support her weight.

Giffords will remain hospitalized until she no longer needs 24-hour medical care. The average is one to two months. Then she'll continue rehab as an outpatient.

Giffords was in an intensive care unit at Texas Medical Center, where a new team of doctors planned to start her therapy immediately.
After several days of evaluation, she will be sent to the center's rehabilitation hospital, TIRR Memorial Hermann.
Because part of her skull was removed during surgery, a specially made helmet was made to protect her brain.

She will be taken care of by:
Dr. Randall Friese, Associate Medical Director, UMC Trauma Center
Dr. Gerardo Francisco, chief medical officer at TIRR Memorial Hermann
Dr. Dong Kim, neurosurgeon, TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital
Dr. John Holcomb, trauma surgeon, chief of acute care surgery, UT Health Medical School

Interesting that foxnews added a photo of Giffords' husband claiming it related to Jan 20, 2011 while the file path says 2010/09:

Just a typo?

It’s unclear if she is able to speak. And while she is moving both arms and legs, it’s uncertain how much strength she has on her right side; the bullet passed through the left side of her brain, which controls the right side of the body.

Hmmm. The left side? Why would they then open her skull on the right side?
Why emphasizing on the left controlling the right (side)?

The congresswoman wounded in the January 8 mass shooting in Arizona underwent a successful procedure Saturday to repair a fracture in the roof of her right eye socket, doctors said Monday.[...]
The operation involved opening a window in Giffords' skull through an incision over her eyebrow, removing the rim of her eye socket, removing the bone fragments and then reconstructing the socket with the help of metal mesh, doctors said. She will need another skull repair surgery, but that will be done later.[...]
Doctors also took a breathing tube out of Giffords' nose, but inserted a second one into her neck. That tube does not allow her to get air past her vocal cords, meaning she cannot talk, said trauma surgeon Dr. Randall Friese. It can be switched out later with a tube that will allow her to speak, he said. Giffords could mouth words "when she's ready to do that," he said.

This is about Loughner and Judge John Roll who was killed:

What the Media Won't Tell You About Jared Loughner
Vatic ^ | 1-16-2011 | True Ott, PhD
Posted on Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011 20:52:21 by Whenifhow

Federal Judge John McCarthy Roll was the Chief Judge for the United States District Court for the District of Arizona who on Friday, January 7, 2011 issued a “preliminary ruling”in a case titled “United States of America v. $333,520.00 in United States Currency et al” [Case Number: 4:2010cv00703 Filed: November 30, 2010] that would basically disallow the movement of hundreds of millions of dollars of confiscated drug profits directly being placed into private bank accounts tied to mafia kingpins.

The following day, Saturday, January 8, 2011, Judge Roll was shot and killed by an individual the media would have you believe is a lone, anti-Semitic, right-wing fanatic who listens to too much alternative radio broadcasts!! The case being ruled on by Judge Roll, is all about bulk cash smuggling into or out of the United States by Mexican drug lords and who exactly has the final right of possession of the funds.

It appears that the Obama administration claimed the right to seize large amounts of cash and assets under authority of Presidential Executive Orders, instead of using existing laws. The Obama administration used as support for their claim before Judge Roll the seizing of all American citizens’ gold, in 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s signing of Executive Order 6102, which was ruled at the time to be constitutional.
The question that needs to be thoroughly investigated is, why is Obama’s Justice Department, and A.G. Eric Holder getting mixed up in all of this, and why do they care what happens to Mexican drug cartel funds??
more on the above mentioned blog and:

By contrast, FBI agent Tony Taylor argues that Roll was at the event to talk to Giffords about ongoing problems related to a surge in the federal judicial caseload in Arizona--a problem which the judge has attributed to a boost in the number of federal agents sent to the area to address immigration and border-related crime.

Taylor also says Roll was told of the Giffords event by phone on Friday, knocking down the idea that he saw a sign or otherwise stumbled on the event on Saturday. And the FBI agent says video shows Roll "speaking for several minutes with Mr. Barber," which tends to suggest that the judge's visit wasn't purely social.

"Until further notice, due to a controversy between the Sheriff's Department and the County Attorney's office, no further information reference the January 8, 2011 shooting will be released."

The “United States of America v. $333,520.00 in United States Currency et al”
[Case Number: 4:2010cv00703 Filed: November 30, 2010]:

How can a defendant be a sum of money?

What else was Judge Roll involved in?
Two years ago, Judge Roll presided over the case of 16 illegal immigrants who had sued border rancher Roger Barnett, saying he threatened them at gunpoint, kicked them and harassed them with dogs. Mr. Barnett argued that the plaintiffs couldn't sue him because they were in the U.S. illegally, but Roll upheld the civil rights claim and allowed a jury to hear the case.

TUCSON, Ariz.— Ruling on a lawsuit brought by the Center for Biological Diversity, a federal judge today struck down the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s refusal to develop a recovery plan for the endangered jaguar and to protect critical habitat areas in the United States.
The Bush administration had refused both, declaring that the historic range of the jaguar, which stretched from San Francisco Bay to the Appalachians, was “insignificant” and therefore no recovery efforts were needed in the United States. This was the first time in the 35-year history of the Endangered Species Act that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service declared it would not recover a domestic species.
“Judge Roll has thrown a lifeline to one of North America’s most endangered animals,” said Michael Robinson, conservation advocate for the Center for Biological Diversity. “The court today roundly rejected the Bush administration’s refusal to protect and restore jaguars to the United States. We can now finally put the Bush era behind us and start the long, hard work of restoring the U.S. jaguar population.”

Napolitano 'Committed Criminal Conspiracy' With Judge John Roll Who Was Slain Today
Saturday, January 8, 2011

Janet Napolitano was alleged as "aiding and abetting" John M. Roll in a criminal conspiracy to "make an example" out of those who try to skirt federal regulations. An IRS audit case in the nineties makes a passionate plea against federal dictatorship and makes shocking allegations of constitutional infringements.

It wasn't the FBI, it was Napolitano who announced that Federal Judge John Roll was among those assassinated in today's shooting. In a very cursory statement she condemned the shooting as "senseless violence."

It could make sense that Roll was the target of today's shooting, because he received death threats. When he ruled that federal illegal immigrant lawsuits against ranch owners could proceed, "talk-radio shows cranked up the controversy and spurred audiences into making threats." Is this the conservative violence that Napolitano warned us all about?

But that was 11 months ago, so why the wait? Just 3 days ago Roll complained that Arizona's recently adopted streamlined method of dealing with illegal immigration is overburdening the judicial system, causing a "judicial emergency.' He sought "permission to delay bringing felons to trial" His crusade against state involvement in illegal immigration continued right until his murder.

So maybe some extremist conservative saw this, decided it's the final straw and wanted him gone? Not so fast! Consider that Napolitano was state governor until recently, when she left to become Obama's Big Sister. She famously slammed Arizona's new immigration law and falsely claimed Arizona's border "is more secure than it has ever been." Many conservatives complained that she turned on state and state's rights and now is a proponent of federal rights. But a court case reveals she teamed up with John Roll long before to diminish states rights.

She was involved in an IRS tax lien against New Life Health Center. New Life was targeted for $4 million after they had placed assets into foreign trusts. “They are conservative Republicans who are active in their community and care about the future of our Country.” A FOIA request determined that a Federal Grand Jury teamed up with the IRS and the US Attorney, violating the 4th amendment. But a Judge ruled the federal government has “sovereign immunity.” The US Attorney refused to settle and allegedly told them:

“This is not an issue of money (Dr. Burns), this is a power issue. We intent on putting you and your Company out of business to make you an example.”

Complaints and lawsuits against the government were thrown out. Counsel filed a FOIA for proof of jurisdiction for the federal government, and when the gov couldn't produce anything, they declared this shows "the 'Application of the United States of America' appears to be fraudulent on its face" and claimed: " a criminal conspiracy of federal officers, employees, and agents in the instant case."

The company made a passionate plea for State’s rights and against federal dictatorship.

It went to the 9th Circuit, and they sent “all books and records” to the the Grand Jury in response to a subpoena. This never reached the court, however, as it was all stolen in the mail. A total of 27 pleadings were stolen from the mail. The Counsel made a criminal complaint against Judge John Roll and Janet Napolitano for “obstruction of justice, jury tampering, perjury, bribery, and conspiracy.” The complaint states “John M. Roll admitted, on the official court record, that he had intercepted” a request for investigation to the Grand Jury that never arrived, along with all other pleadings. The FBI refused to investigate.

“We count 27 counts of mail fraud, 27 counts of jury tampering, 27 counts of obstruction of justice, and 27 counts of conspiracy to commit all of the above, committed by a conspiracy of persons including, but not limited to, John M.Roll, Janet Napolitano, Robert L. Miskell, and Evangelina Cardenas.”

The complaint against Napolitano says she aided John Roll in these criminal acts of obstruction:
    Ms. Janet Napolitano with:
    (1) aiding and abetting the obstruction of correspondence
    transmitted via first class, certified, and registered
    United States Mail, under color of law (25 counts), in
    violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1702;

(2) aiding and abetting the act of tampering with a federal
    grand jury (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and
    1512;

(3) aiding and abetting obstruction of criminal investigations
    (25 counts), in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2 and 1510;

(4) deprivation of fundamental Rights under color of law,
    specifically the Right to Petition a lawfully convened
    federal grand jury for a formal investigation (25 counts),
    in violation of 18 U.S.C. 242;

(5) conspiracy to commit all of the above (25 counts), in
    violation of 18 U.S.C. 241 and 371.

Another opinion:
Judge Roll was an opponent of the Federal government overreaching its authority.
Specifically:
1. He ruled against federal imposition on states rights in gun law matters,
2. He ruled against elements of the Patriot Act (the part where federal "law enforcement agents" can seize your bank account without cause), and
3. He ruled against the newly announced FEMA Governor system in which the federal government plans to take the power of elected state Governors and put in in the hands of federally-appointed "regional" governors in the case of an "emergency."

The United States Sentencing Commission  
The Annual National Seminar on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines

CONCURRENT SESSIONS
A.  CHILD PORNOGRAPHY & SEX OFFENSES I*[...]
June 18, 2010, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.[...]
Honorable John M. Roll
Chief Judge United States District Court
Tucson, AZ

There are obviously several security tapes, now under FBI hands.
Video Captured ‘Calculated’ Gunman in Tucson
By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
Published: January 18, 2011

TUCSON — The chief investigator for the sheriff’s department here has for the first time publicly described the brief and gory video clip from a store security camera that shows a gunman not only shooting Representative Gabrielle Giffords just above the eyebrow at a range of three feet, but then using his 9-millimeter pistol to gun down others near her at a similarly close range.

The video, according to Richard Kastigar, the investigative and operational bureau chief of the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, also reveals that Judge John M. Roll appears to have died while helping to save the life of Ronald Barber, a Giffords employees.
Mr. Barber, who was near Ms. Giffords when he was shot twice, has left the hospital.

Mr. Kastigar said Tuesday that the video shows Ms. Giffords standing with her back a few inches from a wall when she was shot by the gunman, who approached in “a hurried fashion” with the gun at his side and then raised it and fired a single bullet above her eye at a range of no more than two or three feet.

Jared L. Loughner, 22, has been arrested in the shootings. In the video, the pistol “is down near his right side, but it is visibly out from where he was keeping it, presumably under his clothing, and then he raises it and fires,” Mr. Kastigar said. “It happens in a matter of seconds.”

The gunman “was very deliberate in my estimation, very calculated,” said Mr. Kastigar, who viewed the video as part of the extensive investigation by the Sheriff’s Department that involves close to 250 people. About 200 F.B.I. agents and analysts are also on the case. The video, he said, is now in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Describing the video, Mr. Kastigar said the judge was “intentionally trying to help Mr. Barber,” adding, “It’s very clear to me the judge was thinking of his fellow human more than himself.”

The judge guides Mr. Barber to the ground, shields him with his body, and then tries to push himself and Mr. Barber away from the gunman, who was no more than three to four feet away as he fired, Mr. Kastigar said.

“He pushes Mr. Barber with his right hand and guides him with his left hand. The judge was on top of him and is covering up Mr. Barber, literally lying on top of him, and his back was exposed,” Mr. Kastigar said.

The judge was shot in the back. Ms. Giffords remains in the hospital in serious condition, and doctors said Tuesday that she continued to improve.

In his first interview since the shooting, Capt. Mark E. Kelly, the husband of Ms. Giffords, said he had heard news reports that erroneously said she was dead. “And I just, you know, walked into the bathroom, and you know, broke down,” Captain Kelly, an astronaut, said on ABC’s “20/20,” broadcast Tuesday. He later learned at the hospital that she was still fighting for her life.

More than a dozen video clips, from cameras at the scene and the hard drive of a security system at the Safeway supermarket
at the mall where the shootings occurred on Jan. 8, provide other new information about the minutes before the shootings, which left 6 dead and 13 wounded. Some were described in an article on The Washington Post’s Web site on Tuesday.

When a deputy sheriff arrived minutes after the shooting and took control of Mr. Loughner, who was being held down by two people, the deputy removed a set of earplugs from Mr. Loughner. Minutes earlier, a surveillance photo also shows Mr. Loughner inside the Safeway talking to a clerk and “pointing to his ears because he’s telling the individual that he can’t hear what she’s saying because he’s got earplugs in,” Mr. Kastigar said.

He said about 15 minutes elapsed between the time Mr. Loughner arrived by cab at the Safeway — and had to go inside to get change to pay the driver — and when the shooting started at 10:10 a.m.

The crucial video showing the shooting of Ms. Giffords, Judge Roll and Mr. Barber lasts only about five seconds before the gunman steps out of the frame.

At the start of the clip, it shows the “suspect coming from just outside of the frame of the video toward the parking lot,” Mr. Kastigar said. “He goes around a table set up for part of that gathering and walks up to Gabby and shoots her directly in the forehead.” It was not clear from this video, he said, if Ms. Giffords realized what was happening.

The gunman “then turns to his left and indiscriminately shoots at people sitting in chairs along the wall,” he said. The video does not show those people being shot, he said. But quickly the gunman is back in the video, which shows him turning to his right and shooting Mr. Barber, who had been with Judge Roll “standing side by side with the table to their backs.”

A version of this article appeared in print on January 19, 2011, on page A11 of the New York edition.

Additional information on other potential issues:

As to Loughner:
This is the so-said official complaint against Loughner, stating that Judge Roll was engaged in performance of official duties when being shot:

Federal authorities plan to move the trial of alleged gunman Jared Loughner to San Diego because of pre-trial publicity in Arizona.

The Washington Post said a final decision has yet to be made, but the decision to move the trial to San Diego, is 'just a matter of time,' according to federal law enforcement sources.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

gwynned

January 22, 2011, 04:47:57 PM
Grace, Amazing investigative work.

You highlighted this but I have to emphasize this.

The chief investigator for the sheriff’s department here has for the first time publicly described the brief and gory video clip from a store security camera that shows a gunman not only shooting Representative Gabrielle Giffords just above the eyebrow at a range of three feet, but then using his 9-millimeter pistol to gun down others near her at a similarly close range.

She's shot in the head at 3 feet away.  I might point out, and please excuse what follows, but when JFK was shot in the head from at least 3 feet, part of his brain exited with the bullet.  

And why is the sheriff's department still talking about this.  Shouldn't the FBI be handling this by now?

Ridiculous.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions