ImageTopic starter

POSITIVE CRITIC OF HIS MUSIC
January 12, 2011, 01:41:48 PM
I hope to be on topic.

I think may be pleased to know that the Italian music critic Paolo Giordano, in December on the blog of the newspaper  “Il Giornale” (ilgiornale.it), has written  a beatiful review of the album "Michael ", I really liked it.

Ciao (bye).
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Re: POSITIVE CRITIC OF HIS MUSIC
January 12, 2011, 04:05:22 PM
Are you able to translate to English and post it? Thanks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ImageTopic starter

Re: POSITIVE CRITIC OF HIS MUSIC
January 12, 2011, 07:51:40 PM
I try with the help of a translator (I'm Italian, I do not know English so well).

The first lines sound strange to us, because he talks thinking about  him as dead, as reported in the newspapers.
I do not agree on everything he wrote, but there are parts that I liked so much and I hope to have translated so that at least you understand the meaning.
Sorry for any my errors.

This is the link:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Paolo Giordano  wrote:

"Gentlemen, Michael Jackson is a lesson to all.
But if only, damn, he could enjoy the success they have this album, Michael Jackson would probably be able to soften his obsessions, to be embraced by love, to finally return a serene person. The album of new songs, that will be released on December 10, is simply called Michael, has a cover, we can say, (a collage of his famous images), but it certainly packs the best Michael Jackson, from Dangerous age, stuff of a century ago, because it came out in 1991, when the world was lined with grunge and people wanted  Kurt Cobain holy immediately. Meanwhile, without even getting to the end of the tenth song, it soon becomes clear that all details unrolled from newspapers and TV on the breakup of Michael Jackson, also filled with stories of particular morbid, were lies, because he is good and beautiful, of course, has had his problems, but his passion for beautiful music, that was more alive than ever: and in every second of the cd that is confirmed, despite the single Hold My Hand duet with Akon, which also opens up everything, is not the centerpiece and closing Much too soon to have a symbolic meaning contextual but not more. And that means a lot: Michael is not an album patch  together to fertilize 'the business of the deceased, there are no lapses of taste or trivial arrangements,  confirming that his unconventional family did not take that much hands on. In fact, these songs, that move on his usual stylistic details, Michael Jackson (who really sings, all right) worked with his obsessive attention since 2004. But they are alive, oh yes, very alive. And the begins  “Hollywood  Tonight”, that engages in a relentless bassline and a good chorus,  confirms this, as well as the unmistakable whisper of "Keep your head up”, the impressive ballad “(I like) The way you love me”, they're there to say that, even now that no longer exists, but particularly now, Michael Jackson still has many lessons to give to his colleagues in style and content. Here we talk about love, too ethereal, scattered everywhere, never sexual, more empathetic and therefore necessarily pure child even when, as in “Breaking news”, there is the poignant lament of those who live stalked by the press. Appears to be from another planet. To understand, the blockbuster that helped give Eminem ten nominations at the upcoming Grammy Awards is titled “Love the way you lie” - sung in duet with Rihanna - and it means I like the way you betray me. The opposite. Another world. Of course Michael Jackson, already crippled by the well-known legal scandal, was finished outside the track record of success: he spoke another language. But, one might say, He demanded high standards of composition and just listen to Monster - with rap of 50 Cent - to realize that the level is so high as to render unnecessary the song by song analysis, to overcome the wonderful rocking  “(I can not make it) Another day” with Lenny Kravitz and Dave Grohl, the joints of voice and sax in “Behind the mask”, whose music was written by Ryuichi Sakamoto. This is a great record. Point. But just great. "
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions