"I'm Alive" song and music video
January 12, 2011, 08:06:50 PM
Last year Five Alive (Coca-Cola) produced a music video to go with the "I'm Alive" song for their Dancing Dodo. I haven't seen it until now, and I don't remember it being discussed before. I also didn't know until now that the Dancing Dodo has a channel at YouTube. The video is on there but there is a longer version also online. I have the links at the end of this post.

First I'd like you to see the lyrics because while it's an old song and I'm not saying MJ wrote it, I am saying it fits MJ perfectly and I think it was found and is being used for the comeback. It mentions racial unity just like MJ always sang about, and the singer even says his hair's a bit long, just like MJ. Here are the lyrics:

I'm alive!
And I'm seeing things mighty clear today, I'm alive

I'm alive!
And I'm sitting here yelling and doin my thing, I'm alive

And I'm real!
I can breathe and touch and sing and feel, I'm alive

I'm a man!
Who don't care if my hair's a bit long, I'm a man

Baby, baby, baby, baby, yeah, yeah!

I'm a man!
And I'm red and I'm yellow I'm black and I'm tan I'm a man

I'm alive!
Sitting here yelling and doing my thing, I'm alive

And I'm real!
I can breathe and touch and sing and feel, I'm alive

I'm alive!
And I'm doing my thing and singing my song, I'm alive

I'm a man
I'm red and I'm yellow I'm black and I'm tan, I'm a man

I'm alive!
I'm alive!

The music video could have been done many ways, but it's about a "frail, old man who died" and then came back to life, singing and dancing. I'm sure you remember that the paramedics are supposed to have said that MJ looked like a "frail, old man" who died.

The video begins with the old man returning to life, but in the longer version there's an extra scene. The old man (representing MJ) has an audience while he is singing and dancing and in this extra scene he kills himself, which shocks his audience, but suddenly he comes back to life once again. In other words, it only looked like he killed himself, but it was fake, a hoax. It's as if he's saying I'm alive and I'm here forever.

Here's the Dancing Dodo's version:
I'm Alive - Ashley Beedle Re-edit
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And here's the full version:
Don Fardon - I'm Alive
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tinamjj

Re: "I'm Alive" song and music video
February 13, 2011, 04:44:57 PM
Dodo is also on Twitter
and on Facebook

On Facebook he has fantastic profile photos in MJ look and with the head line "I'm alive".

The site You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is related to the Coca Cola Company

Domain Name: dancingdodo.com

Created on..............: Thu, Oct 15, 2009
Expires on..............: Sat, Oct 15, 2011
Record last updated on..: Mon, Mar 22, 2010

Administrative Contact:
The Coca-Cola Company
Domain Administrator
One Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313
US
Phone: +1.4046768774
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Re: "I'm Alive" song and music video
February 15, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
Coca-Cola Secret Recipe Revealed?: 'This American Life' Says It Hid In Plain Sight

The Huffington Post  Dean Praetorius  
First Posted: 02/15/11 01:46 PM
Updated: 02/15/11 01:46 PM

It might be one of the most closely guarded secrets in the soft drink industry.

But the cat might be out of the bag.

On "This American Life" this weekend, Ira Glass broadcasted what he believes to be the original recipe to "merchandise 7X," the super secret ingredient in Coca-Cola. One of the world's most closely guarded trade secrets, many myths surround the ingredient, including the idea that only two people at any given time actually know the formula.

Glass claims that "This American Live" found the recipe published in a newspaper in Coke's very own hometown -- on page 2B of the February 18, 1979, Atlanta-Journal Constitution. Apparently, a local columnist had stumbled across it in an old book of recipes, which was handwritten by a pharmacist decades earlier.

While it sounds like a weird place to find such a thing, Coca-Cola was invented by a pharmacist, and was initially sold at pharmacies and soda fountains. The book containing the recipes had been passed down by pharmacists for years.

Apparently, John Pemberton, the inventor of Coke was very close to the original author of the 130-year-old-book, who copied the recipe and recorded it in its pages.

The recipe, from "This American Life" via Time:
    The recipe: Fluid extract of Coca: 3 drams USP, Citric acid: 3 oz, Caffeine: 1 oz, Sugar: 30 (unclear quantity), Water: 2.5 gal, Lime juice: 2 pints, 1 quart, Vanilla: 1 oz, Caramel: 1.5 oz or more for color
    Story continues below

The secret 7X flavor (use 2 oz of flavor to 5 gals syrup):
    Alcohol: 8 oz
    Orange oil: 20 drops
    Lemon oil: 30 drops
    Nutmeg oil: 10 drops
    Coriander: 5 drops
    Neroli: 10 drops
    Cinnamon: 10 drops

But is it real? During the "This American Life" segment, one Coke historian says it very well could be, though the soft-drink maker denies it.

For the whole "This American Life" broadcast, visit their site (which has periodically been down), or check out their Facebook page, where it's also embeded.

The recipe itself is read around the 10 minute mark.

One thing to keep in mind though...

The modern version of Coca-Cola uses “spent” coca leaves. Spent coca leaves are run through a process that extracts the cocaine. But cocaine extraction doesn’t get rid of cocaine alkaloids at a molecular level. Thus, today’s Coke contains trace amounts of cocaine.

And now that you have the secret formula for Coca-Cola, it's time to start making it. If you know anything about making soda at home, great. If not, check out some of the videos on WonderHowTo for some homemade cola guidance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal