Question:

How can you identify someone who looks old, ill and very pale --- like a "hospice patient" (that's what the paramedics said during the hearing) at the same time identifying this person (UCLA) by his driver's license which is from the 80's?????  :shock:

Can someone pls explain?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

good question !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Nevertheless, this is an absolute nonsense...  :?
Thus this cannot be........Really very much very good question!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "MJ_Facts"
Question:

How can you identify someone who looks old, ill and very pale --- like a "hospice patient" (that's what the paramedics said during the hearing) at the same time identifying this person (UCLA) by his driver's license which is from the 80's?????  :shock:

Can someone pls explain?

I think we should first question why a DL from the 80's is being used for comparison purposes to begin with. Where I live DL's are updated every 4 years---as people's looks and weight tend to change . I suspect that CA is no different in that regard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

We have been told that Michael was naked, we were told he had black pajama bottoms on. So where the hell was the drivers license?  Do you know anyone who keeps their drivers lic. in their pajama pocket?  And no one there, in an extreme emergency, would stop to look for Michael's drivers lic..    Get real people ??????????????????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "lynnandsofee"
We have been told that Michael was naked, we were told he had black pajama bottoms on. So where the hell was the drivers license?  Do you know anyone who keeps their drivers lic. in their pajama pocket?  And no one there, in an extreme emergency, would stop to look for Michael's drivers lic..    Get real people ??????????????????????

Try filling in some of the blanks instead of just thinking they are going to put every single detail down on paper.  Whether it is lie or not, some things are just expected to be common sense. Consider a report from a nurse helping a patient to go the bathroom. The report would probably say "assisted patient to (insert word here)" but would not say "took down pants, "took down underwear".. doesn't that sound like too many details? In fact, if they were giving a lot more details I would be more inclined to think they would be overdoing it.
Remember I am not contradicting you at all, just a trick when investigating is to fill in the blanks to see if it is plausible. Try to start with the DL in the coroner's hand and work backward in your mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
Question:

Can someone pls explain?

I think we should first question why a DL from the 80's is being used for comparison purposes to begin with. Where I live DL's are updated every 4 years---as people's looks and weight tend to change . I suspect that CA is no different in that regard.

How do we know that it was from the 80's?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Quote from: "reading_on"

Try filling in some of the blanks instead of just thinking they are going to put every single detail down on paper.  Whether it is lie or not, some things are just expected to be common sense. Consider a report from a nurse helping a patient to go the bathroom. The report would probably say "assisted patient to (insert word here)" but would not say "took down pants, "took down underwear".. doesn't that sound like too many details? In fact, if they were giving a lot more details I would be more inclined to think they would be overdoing it.
Remember I am not contradicting you at all, just a trick when investigating is to fill in the blanks to see if it is plausible. Try to start with the DL in the coroner's hand and work backward in your mind.
I was taken to the hospital twice in my life for heart attacks, and not once did anyone ask for my drivers license.  They were to busy trying to save my life.  I still think the drivers lic. theory is BS, of course we again will never know.  I'm just using my common sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I was taken to the hospital twice in my life for heart attacks, and not once did anyone ask for my drivers license.  They were to busy trying to save my life.  I still think the drivers lic. theory is BS, of course we again will never know.  I'm just using my common sense.

Exactly!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

They had to identify the dead body,  not the person they were trying to save, whoever that was.  If the person dies unexpectedly , then he/she is taken to the coroners office and has to be identified; they have to know who this person is.  They did this by using a driver's license.  Driver's license are usually updated every 4 to 6 years.  We don't know if MJ's DL was up-to-date, well at least I dont know.  IMO, and with all the theories floating around, the best move would have been a DNA test...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

I thought about that - they must already have MJ's DNA on file from the trial so why didn't they just compare it with that - why would they need a DL at all?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

Our local hospitals,e each one of them, without exception asks for DL every time you go. They do that to confirm identity for insurance purposes. They even have a computer swipe where it picks up information off the strip in your DL. If you have it with you, no writing at all!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mark Twain

Grace

What is a
Driver's License
?

This is a functional description / common understanding:
A driver's license/licence (United States/Canada/South Africa), or driving licence (United Kingdom, Ireland, rest of Commonwealth; see spelling differences) is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorbike, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. As most adult Canadians and citizens of the USA possess a valid driver's license, the driving license has become the de facto standard form of picture identification in those countries.

More specifically:
Drive may refer to:
    * Driving, the act of controlling a vehicle
    * Road, an identifiable thoroughfare, route, way or path between two places
    * Driveway, a private road for local access to structures
    * Drive (charity), a campaign to collect items other than money
      [...]

Behavior and psychology
    * Drive theory, a diverse set of motivational theories in psychology
          o Motivation, the internal condition that activates behavior and gives it direction

What is a license?
The verb license or grant licence means to give permission. The noun license (American English) or licence (British English) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission.

A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another party ("licensee") as an element of an agreement between those parties. A shorthand definition of a license is "an authorization (by the licensor) to use the licensed material (by the licensee)."

In particular a license may be issued by authorities, to allow an activity that would otherwise be forbidden. It may require paying a fee and/or proving a capability. The requirement may also serve to keep the authorities informed on a type of activity, and to give them the opportunity to set conditions and limitations.

Being identified by a "driver's license" would translate into:
being recognized as the one holding a permission to execute activities that otherwise would be forbidden and holding direction and control over any action move bound to those activities.

There are many songs and films about "driving".
Two stood out to me:

[youtube:39s1n7hy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbTjzZzfR7w[/youtube:39s1n7hy]

"Drive" was The Cars' highest charting single in the United States, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. [...] It was famously used as part of the Live Aid concert in 1985 as the background music to a montage of clips showing poverty-stricken Africa.
[...]
The music video was directed by Timothy Hutton. [...] At the end you can see the band and Paulina Porizkova as wax figures.

Drive (Lyrics)
Artist(Band):The Cars

Who's gonna tell you when,
It's too late,
Who's gonna tell you things,
Aren't so great.

You cant go on, thinkin',
Nothings' wrong, whoa ho...,
Who's gonna drive you home,
tonight.?

Who's gonna pick you up,
When You fall?
Who's gonna hang it up,
When you call?

Who's gonna pay attention,
To your dreams?
And who's gonna plug their ears,
When you scream?

You can't go on, thinkin'
Nothings wrong, whoa ho...,
(who's gonna drive you)
(who's gonna drive you)
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight?
(who's gonna drive you home)

(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)

Who's gonna hold you down,
When you shake?
Who's gonna come around,
When you break?

You can't go on, thinkin',
Nothin's wrong, whoa ho...,
(Who's gonna drive you)
(who's gonna drive you)
(who's gonna drive you home)

Ho..., you know you can't go on, thinkin',
Nothin's wrong,
(Who's gonna drive you)
(Who's gonna drive you home)

(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)

The Driver is a 1978 crime film directed by Walter Hill and starring Ryan O'Neal, Bruce Dern, and Isabelle Adjani.
[...]
Reception
Saying it's "probably advisable for film noir aficionados only," film critic Duncan Shepherd of the San Diego Reader praised the film highly (awarding it the highest 5-star rating). "The whole show, in fact, is something like a coded message passed from the moviemaker to the devotees of the genre, in full view of, but beyond the full understanding of, the rest of the audience," according to Shepherd.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Some of the video footage from TII was, allegedly, from a day - or at least a few days - before he "died".  And he was clearly and obviously recognizable in that footage.  So either the TII footage is from WAY earlier, before his appearance went "hospice", or something was up with the person being recognized by the ambulance people (i.e. it wasn't Michael).  

Sorry, but if you see Michael Jackson, I don't care who you are or where you're from or how sick Michael might be, you are GOING to recognize him in about 2.5 seconds at MOST.  Michael Jackson is the most recognizable face on the planet, PERIOD.   I do not buy for a second that it is remotely possible for an LA ambulance driver to not recognize Michael Jackson the second he sees him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
Question:

Can someone pls explain?

How do we know that it was from the 80's?

I'm wondering the same thing.  Michael's license should definitely have been updated since the 80's unless he doesn't drive at all.  I'm sure he drives on occasion.  I suspect that his license has at least been updated at some point in the 2000's.  My license has had to be updated every 5 years in all 4 states that I've lived in (although I've never lived in CA).  Even Michael isn't above having an updated license to drive!

On another note, I've always wondered why he was ID'd by his license anyway since there were so many family members at the hospital.  Why couldn't one of them ID him?  Unless none of them wanted to outright lie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions