I'm worried about Usher
January 14, 2011, 02:43:59 PM
Yesterday he had to cancel his concert in front of his audience at the O2. He had playback songs and just walked around the stage. At the end he clearly started crying. People are saying he's doing drugs, but that's always the first excuse when artists act bizarre. I don't believe he is.
[youtube:p7evxbp7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkVMzuTu6Q&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:p7evxbp7]
[youtube:p7evxbp7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO7RacrVhC4&feature=related[/youtube:p7evxbp7]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Re: I'm worried about Usher
January 14, 2011, 02:49:29 PM
can anyone tell what he is saying?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 14, 2011, 02:52:21 PM
I just noticed it was on TMZ, they said he has a minor respiratory illness. hmm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

January 14, 2011, 02:56:08 PM
Quote from: "OneLove"
I just noticed it was on TMZ, they said he has a minor respiratory illness. hmm

of course they did . what was he saying?

last time i saw him was at the awards show. he seemed to be with randy phillips.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 14, 2011, 03:00:12 PM
That is so strange. You would think if he was really sick he would cancel before even going on stage. It's hard to tell if he's really sick because he doesn't sing at all... a respiratory illness would affect the voice wouldn't it? His speaking voice sounds fine though...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

January 14, 2011, 03:07:06 PM
I feel bad for him and other artists who cannot be human in the eyes of the public. I can't imagine being sick, emotionally, physically, or mentally, and having everyone scrutinize your every action. If you are sick or have a sick family member you are automatically on drugs, etc.

I think that fans who act like those in the video who were overheard saying "go home" and "we want our money back" should be ashamed of themselves for being so selfish to only think of themselves. I would never blame Michael if he never came back because of this. Where are the nice people?

He will be in my prayers. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

January 14, 2011, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I feel bad for him and other artists who cannot be human in the eyes of the public. I can't imagine being sick, emotionally, physically, or mentally, and having everyone scrutinize your every action. If you are sick or have a sick family member you are automatically on drugs, etc.

I think that fans who act like those in the video who were overheard saying "go home" and "we want our money back" should be ashamed of themselves for being so selfish to only think of themselves. I would never blame Michael if he never came back because of this. Where are the nice people?

He will be in my prayers. Blessings.

I was thinking the same, couldn't believe my ears when I heard people yelling those things. What a shame.  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

pepper

January 14, 2011, 03:38:20 PM
To me it looks like he has the flu.  I can't imagine feeling like I do when I have the flu (or even a cold!) and trying to go out in front of all those people.

Around :31 he says "I'm so sorry Berlin"

At :45 it sounds like he is saying "Something has come over me and I am feeling very ill."

:49 "I appreciate your support, all your love, I promise I'll be back"

1:18 "Just so you know I'm giving you my all, even though I may not be able to sing each and every song, I just... I want to play a few records for you. You guys want to party (?) with me? Berlin..."

[youtube:a3fd9r5v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkVMzuTu6Q&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:a3fd9r5v]

By Karen Nickel Anhalt, PEOPLE.com
January 14, 2011 3:10 p.m. EST

It was not Usher's finest moment.

Forced to cancel his Wednesday concert at Berlin's 02 Arena at the last minute due to illness, the "OMG" singer, 32, rescheduled the show for the next night and promised his fans,via Twitter, "the show that you all properly deserve."

Unfortunately, his illness didn't clear up and Usher lip-synched his first two songs and danced poorly to them, according to local tabloid B.Z. Fans on the edge of the stage reportedly started complaining. Boos were also heard. In response, he reportedly lowered his head and stood silently on the stage for about four minutes before leaving altogether. The stage lights came on and fans were told the star was too sick to continue the show.

According to a statement released by Usher's rep Friday, the singer is "suffering from upper respiratory illness which is currently preventing him from performing a proper show. After consultation with doctors, he has been advised to reschedule the upcoming dates in order to get the rest he needs to ensure a complete recovery." (Shows in Rotterdam and Antwerp have been rescheduled for March.)

Usher himself expressed his disappointment about the situation. "I deeply regret having to reschedule the shows," he said in a statement released Friday. "I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I have caused my fans. My fans are the best in the world and I am looking forward to getting better so that I can give them the show they deserve."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 14, 2011, 04:16:35 PM
Quote from: "pepper"
To me it looks like he has the flu.  I can't imagine feeling like I do when I have the flu (or even a cold!) and trying to go out in front of all those people.

Around :31 he says "I'm so sorry Berlin"

At :45 it sounds like he is saying "Something has come over me and I am feeling very ill."

:49 "I appreciate your support, all your love, I promise I'll be back"

1:18 "Just so you know I'm giving you my all, even though I may not be able to sing each and every song, I just... I want to play a few records for you. You guys want to party (?) with me? Berlin..."

[youtube:19o9n5zv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkVMzuTu6Q&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:19o9n5zv]

By Karen Nickel Anhalt, PEOPLE.com
January 14, 2011 3:10 p.m. EST

It was not Usher's finest moment.

Forced to cancel his Wednesday concert at Berlin's 02 Arena at the last minute due to illness, the "OMG" singer, 32, rescheduled the show for the next night and promised his fans,via Twitter, "the show that you all properly deserve."

Unfortunately, his illness didn't clear up and Usher lip-synched his first two songs and danced poorly to them, according to local tabloid B.Z. Fans on the edge of the stage reportedly started complaining. Boos were also heard. In response, he reportedly lowered his head and stood silently on the stage for about four minutes before leaving altogether. The stage lights came on and fans were told the star was too sick to continue the show.

According to a statement released by Usher's rep Friday, the singer is "suffering from upper respiratory illness which is currently preventing him from performing a proper show. After consultation with doctors, he has been advised to reschedule the upcoming dates in order to get the rest he needs to ensure a complete recovery." (Shows in Rotterdam and Antwerp have been rescheduled for March.)

Usher himself expressed his disappointment about the situation. "I deeply regret having to reschedule the shows," he said in a statement released Friday. "I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I have caused my fans. My fans are the best in the world and I am looking forward to getting better so that I can give them the show they deserve."

Gosh, my heart goes out to Usher for the poor treatment he received. You know, there always has to be a few as*holes in the bunch, huh? And, to think that so-called fans have to be so self-absorbed that they cannot think of the physical or emotional well-being of the performer. To me, it matters not what Usher's affliction is---although we are in flu season and one must not forget how grueling traveling/touring can be on the body and how it can compromise the immune system. What is important here is "respect" and "compassion" for him as an individual. It is apparent that this world has much to learn about getting back to the basics of love!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

January 14, 2011, 04:55:10 PM
I can imagine what was in his heart when his supposed fans booed him ....i would never do that to my idol,because i'm not in his shoes to know what he really feels...i would appreciate that i saw him for some minutes...and hoping he will get well soon ....this video makes me sad....ahh germans...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dancer

January 14, 2011, 06:15:01 PM
This is sad... And these "fan" comments ("I want my money back!") make me angry, I wonder what's wrong with these people, aren't they able to imagine how bad Usher must have been feeling?
I hope he will get well soon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

suspicious mind

January 14, 2011, 06:37:49 PM
would it not have been wiser management to have never had him be in that position at all. doesn't make good sense .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 14, 2011, 07:51:53 PM
What a tragedy!  :shock:  Many thoughts appear like ghosts: Elvis' last appearance on stage - like in trance, how he once was seen forced to appear on stage when feeling unable to, by tossing his head in ice-water in order for him to be able to perform  - no matter what. The money machine, unable to function always. Usher's words, to follow Michael as the next superstar (not sure if he really said so), people's reaction to it, Usher's involvement / interest in scientology (not sure again, if only a rumor). Is someone trying to destroy him by ruining his career, by sending false rumors into the world? Whitney Houston's concert, and last, but not least, Michael Jackson's 50 concert tour, he couldn't do. They are all only humans, and sometimes they just can't do, what they would like to and did perfectly before.

We don't know yet, what really happened with Usher before. He has to fulfill his contract, a lot of money will be lost for his company. But if you are ill, there should always be ways to cancel a concert tour before appearing on stage. He tried, and there are so many reasons why he just couldn't perform. They also said he had balance problems. Only he himself knows what went wrong. Was he pushed to the limits like so many before him? I have bad feelings, something doesn't seem to be right.  :roll:  :?

He needs rest now to recover from this and I wish him the best to be the old one again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 14, 2011, 09:14:30 PM
Do you know what? I can't help but feel warmth and love coming from all of you who commented above. And, this is different than when Whitney was unable to perform a few months - some of those comments were disappointing to read.

I do believe that we're learning what L.O.V.E. is all about. Thank you for making me smile tonight.

God bless you all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

January 14, 2011, 09:21:20 PM
Thanks for the post.  I feel very distressed and heartsick reading this.  The abuse of our artists has got to stop!    I borrow from a famous poem by Nikki Giovanni to say:

It's a shame the way we are killing our artists.Who will stop the pattern?

Our artists are more important than their art - if they must be separated - and they should be separated when they almost have to pass out before anyone recognizes that they  need a rest.

Nobody mentions how it feels to become a freak because you have talent and no one gives a damn how you feel but only cares that you're here to perform like you're a circus act without a life to lead.

It is a shame the way we are killing our artists and we have got to speak out and stop this abuse.  If not, we do not deserve them.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions