Re: I'm worried about Usher
January 14, 2011, 09:42:14 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to know we all feel the same way about the music industry. People have such high expectations from artists and they forget they're only human.

They should have cancelled the show before the fact, but i'm sure there was an agenda though. Concert merchandise was bought and then the concert was cancelled but they still made profit. Usher had to cancel it in front of his fans, maybe it was AEG's decision, or his. He probably cried because like Michael, he was upset he couldn't give it his all. Maybe he came out so the people could get their money's worth by seeing him in person. He's just that kind of dedicated person, like Mike.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 14, 2011, 10:16:02 PM
I pray that he gets enough rest and recovers quickly so he can give Berlin the show he really wanted to give and more. It sucks that he got booed though. He looked very sick and tired. That's when you show a person more love when they are down and out, not boo them due to selfishness. Did they get their money back for the show?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

January 14, 2011, 10:52:37 PM
You can tell that Usher is truly embarrased and sorry about his situation there.  :oops:
You know how it is when you get to work and you are sick and it comes on fast but you
STILL have to do your best??  Now imagine feeling like that and having to perform in
front of thousands!!  :(     I feel so bad for him and I wish him a speedy recovery!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

January 15, 2011, 12:00:01 AM
Visitors can get their money back, they can't keep their tickets.
His OMG-tour (the name!) shows will be a tight schedule, nearly every night through places in Europe and Australia until March this year, a lot for a healthy person. The next three concerts have been canceled due to health problems and the following postponed to a later date. They should have done it before he had to be on stage in such a precarious condition. He had been looking forward to his concert on Twitter and promised to deliver a good show, but somehow couldn't. You don't travel around the world to be on stage silent, he must have felt terrible, one, if not the most embarassing moment in his life in front of a, in parts, merciless crowd.

I've read some comments of visitors, they show mixed feelings, some are concerned and will come back many times and are full of support, whereas others don't show any compassion.
One female visitor wrote, she had a video (probably a private video), where it could be seen, how

And it´s a mess, that the management or organizers constrained him to go on stage!!! I have a video where you can SEE, that one of those guys next to stage made an threatening gesture to Usher, that he has to move on, although he nearly was turning over. Shame on you, he´s not a robot!!!!!
ushernow.com (his official website)

Being an artist on a stage can mean being very lonely at times. (I imagine him sitting in his hotel room late at night. It was reported he spent time at a bar, but they report a lot as we know by now). We only see the outside, the glamour and the money they make. It is a hard business. I hope for him it is "just" a cold, a flu, because then he can get well again in about one or two weeks time and be and make an audience happy in new concerts. If there is more behind it, like a burn-out, or management pressure in a form unknown to the public, then we may have another victim of the system.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 15, 2011, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I feel bad for him and other artists who cannot be human in the eyes of the public. I can't imagine being sick, emotionally, physically, or mentally, and having everyone scrutinize your every action. If you are sick or have a sick family member you are automatically on drugs, etc.

I think that fans who act like those in the video who were overheard saying "go home" and "we want our money back" should be ashamed of themselves for being so selfish to only think of themselves. I would never blame Michael if he never came back because of this. Where are the nice people?

He will be in my prayers. Blessings.

Voice....after reading your post, I just had to write to tell you how much I appreciate the way you approach life....such positivity and compassion you exude!...just wanted thank you for that, that's all! Peace!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

MJonmind

January 15, 2011, 12:11:20 AM
Sad. I've read that many times MJ performed while sick. Must have been so hard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

January 15, 2011, 01:08:19 AM
Quote from: "SoldierofLOVE"
Thanks for the post.  I feel very distressed and heartsick reading this.  The abuse of our artists has got to stop!    I borrow from a famous poem by Nikki Giovanni to say:

It's a shame the way we are killing our artists.Who will stop the pattern?

Our artists are more important than their art - if they must be separated - and they should be separated when they almost have to pass out before anyone recognizes that they  need a rest.

Nobody mentions how it feels to become a freak because you have talent and no one gives a damn how you feel but only cares that you're here to perform like you're a circus act without a life to lead.

It is a shame the way we are killing our artists and we have got to speak out and stop this abuse.  If not, we do not deserve them.

Love your post and I love the pic.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 15, 2011, 06:16:39 AM
He was with Randy Phillips at the most recent awards show. Hope they aren't pressuring him to fill MJ's shoes, as in become their new cash cow/new KOP. That's pretty creepy. I hope they're not treating him the way they did MJ.  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 15, 2011, 06:28:38 AM
Scary indeed, all alarm-clocks are ringing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

January 15, 2011, 07:27:50 AM
This is really sad, i feel for him, i don't consider those, claiming such disgusting things, real fans, real fans don't do such things, here i can recall Michael's song"Will you be There", i think MJ's fans differ from other artists' fans, no matter what, we are always ready to stand for him, to protect him, both in ups and downs. Such people should be ashamed of their behavior.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

paula-c

January 16, 2011, 06:33:59 PM
I believe that it is opportune to read this article of vigilantcizen, in they do an analysis of the movie "Black Swan".. ultimately they speak about the deaths of Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger.

Jack Nicholson warned Heath Ledger on ‘Joker’ role

Heath Ledger thought landing the demanding role of the Joker was a dream come true – but now some think it was a nightmare that led to his tragic death.

Jack Nicholson, who played the Joker in 1989 – and who was furious he wasn’t consulted about the creepy role – offered a cryptic comment when told Ledger was dead.

“Well,” Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, “I warned him.”

Though the remark was ambiguous, there’s no question the role in the movie earmarked as this summer’s blockbuster took a frightening toll.

Ledger recently told reporters he “slept an average of two hours a night” while playing “a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy …

“I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.”

Prescription drugs didn’t help, he said.

- NY Daily News, Source

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

January 16, 2011, 09:05:36 PM
Has anyone heard any updates on Usher's health?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

January 27, 2011, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Has anyone heard any updates on Usher's health?

i was wondering that myself
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 28, 2011, 04:25:20 PM
This is how it starts.  I am praying for Usher.  Hopefully the tabloids won’t take this as their que to start targeting him for harrassment and embaassment.   :shock: Fans can be cruel.  That sucks.  Get well Usher.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

mumof3

January 28, 2011, 05:53:14 PM
what a load of crap they aree too boo him like that dont they realise  he is just a human being that gets ill dont forget when the booed Whitney housten just think how that must feel to stand up there not well and get booed by the people that profess to adore you or like you enough to buy tickets   shame on them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions